Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection

+58
Lisa M
Brown79
omark
Elske1992
maria_it
ChiaraD
Trainee2017
hellobl
rimi17
povilas
tarar92
alsoin
Adri042
Miguel Paiva
Leghorn
Maria62
Bolo889
Anouk
emagicj
Razvan Nicolescu
laloui
pops
kareniga
jottasoy
nomedellarosa
Federico93BM
Tdag
Mauriceh
ursula17
MST93
AMRD
NinaRoox
NoMoreWords
lanab
Lib91
AidanB
inesnunes91
LeireO
Natsu21
ralamaro
amelia_25
Raquelr_s
mariega
qwertyeu
Silvernight
laura92
MrFr
vscherders
Rman
lisa1989
Macaviity
rachaelrosen
Tz
CBu
lcf99
Antonnio
Paola123
medinagj
62 posters
Go down
mariega

Preselection - Page 2 Empty Re: Preselection

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:10 pm
@ralamaro Thank you!
MrFr

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:29 pm
Hmm, are they being unusually slow this year around? Still nothing here.
Raquelr_s

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:40 pm
But are we sure that the selection hasn't been made? Some people said that they were selected some weeks ago and we are at mid december and no news
lisa1989

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:01 pm
But they were selected for different trainee tracks. I applied for Schuman and haven't heard back yet as most of the people here.

I also think that the process this year is taking longer than usual...
ralamaro

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:03 pm
It is true that they are taking their time and that they replied way before in previous years, but according to the FAQs they are meant to send us an email informing us whether we have been selected, rejecter or put in the waiting list, around 8 weeks after the application deadline, that means this week. The email they sent us when we applied states that we will recieve an answer late December (at least for the Schuman Traineeship).

Even if our patience is coming to an end, I think they will reply befor Xmas holidays.
vscherders

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:50 pm
Hi guys,

I just got the email that I have been shortlisted for a traineeship at the European Parliament!

Good luck everybody!!
lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:00 pm
I also got selected for Luxembourg! Really surprised, as I had just interviews with units in Brussels oO Anyone else going to LUX?
vscherders

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm
Where can you see if you are selected for Luxembourg or Brussels?
ralamaro

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:08 pm
Congrats!

I also got shortlisted, but no location was mentioned. Actually it syas short listed there is another further step to be made to be selected.

Good luck to you all.
lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:09 pm
The mail said "Luxembourg, 16 December 2016  "
ralamaro

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:13 pm
Same in mine. Maybe it is beacuse they drafted the mails there?

lisa@1989 can you tell us if in your email it is said selected or shortlisted?
lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:19 pm
Now, I'm really confused. In the past years, people at this stage already knew in what DG they will work and where (according to previous topics)

The mail said "shortlisted" for the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. In the text no location is mentioned @ ralamaro maybe you're right
Razvan Nicolescu

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 pm
Hello, there Smile! Same here: "you have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament from 01/03/2017 to 31/07/2017". It is also stated upper: "Luxembourg, 16 December 2016". I don't know if we shall understand that it would be unfolded in Lux, or it is just sent from there. Anyway, good luck to all applicants with further procedures!
lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:40 pm
In previous years "shortlisted" meant that you ACTUALLY GOT the traineeship unless nothing's wrong with your documents. I checked previous posts and people from last year already in December knew where they will work. It's a bit unfair to let us know in January/February where they will send us... There won't be much time left to look for accommodation...

Anyone on the waiting list or rejected?
Razvan Nicolescu

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:49 pm
The process seems easier compared to one for EC. We actually just need to provide the application form, copy of an ID, university diploma(s) and the accreditation card for the journalism option. But unfortunately there are no deadlines or other info regarding the time we would get the final results, or which place, DG and so on.
CBu

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:51 pm
No email so I guess it does not look good for me...
nomedellarosa

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 pm
I've been just shortlisted Shocked . Do you guys know if we should start lobbying or just send the requested documents and wait for further communications?
laloui

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:16 pm
lisa1989 wrote:In previous years "shortlisted" meant that you ACTUALLY GOT the traineeship unless nothing's wrong with your documents. I checked previous posts and people from last year already in December knew where they will work. It's a bit unfair to let us know in January/February where they will send us... There won't be much time left to look for accommodation...

Anyone on the waiting list or rejected?

I have also been shortlisted! Very exciting. How certain can you be that you will actually get offered a position in the end? Anyone having any experience with that?

lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:30 pm
I think there is no lobbying in the EP. In my case I already had two telephone interviews with different EP DGs in mid-November. I didn't lobby, they just called me. This itself is quite unusual for the EP and more common in the EC.

As things are quite different this year, no one knows how certain it is that shortlisted candidates will get offered a position.
laloui

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:33 pm
Interesting!!
Is it normal to get a phone call before/after the election process? I didn't receive any calls whatsoever, just this email today that I have been shortlisted.
lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:45 pm
Don't worry, as I said, it's actually not common in the EP to call the applicants. The FAQ says it might happen, but does not have to.
Lib91

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:10 pm
Hi guys, congratulations to the shortlisted ones!!

Last year I've been in the reserve list, just with a bachelor. This year, same application, same units but with a MSc cum laude obtained in June, and I have no news, so (probably) rejected.

I really do not understand what they are looking for and how the process works!
I'll probably re-apply next year just going for a record!!!

Again, congrats and good luck! Enjoiy this experience!
ursula17

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:51 pm
Hey guys!! I also received an email today saying that I`ve been shortlisted. Do you know if we should start lobbying or is it better just to send them the requested documents? And what are our actual chances of being selected after, will they just check if everything`s fine with our documents or are they doing another selection process among the shortlisted candidates?
amelia_25

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:20 pm
Hi guys,

Are there any non-EU applicants who have received an email today?

Thanks!
nomedellarosa

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:58 pm
ursula17 wrote:Hey guys!! I also received an email today saying that I`ve been shortlisted. Do you know if we should start lobbying or is it better just to send them the requested documents? And what are our actual chances of being selected after, will they just check if everything`s fine with our documents or are they doing another selection process among the shortlisted candidates?

Hi, shortlisted as you Very Happy Did they mention in the email the DG to which you will be assigned?
ursula17

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:17 pm
nomedellarosa wrote:
ursula17 wrote:Hey guys!! I also received an email today saying that I`ve been shortlisted. Do you know if we should start lobbying or is it better just to send them the requested documents? And what are our actual chances of being selected after, will they just check if everything`s fine with our documents or are they doing another selection process among the shortlisted candidates?

Hi, shortlisted as you Very Happy Did they mention in the email the DG to which you will be assigned?

Congratulations! Very Happy No, it`s written just that I`ve been shortlisted for a traineeship in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. Is that something new compared to previous years? Cause I think that the past years the candidates were informed which DG they had been shortlisted for.
tpauli

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:26 pm
Hey Everyone,

Got an email saying I was shortlisted as well. The mail said "Luxembourg, 16 December 2016 " as well.
I have heard that people can get called for interviews even before they receive the notice they've been shortlisted, but that is not necessarily always the case. So does shortlisted include the reserve list people as well?
tpauli

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:29 pm
nomedellarosa wrote:

No mention of DGs in my email.
lisa1989

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:31 pm
tpauli wrote:Hey Everyone,

Got an email saying I was shortlisted as well. The mail said "Luxembourg, 16 December 2016  " as well.
I have heard that people can get called for interviews even before they receive the notice they've been shortlisted, but that is not necessarily always the case. So does shortlisted include the reserve list people as well?

No clue if this also means reserve list Question

Was someone in this forum put on the reserve list? In the last years there were always reserve candidates...
nomedellarosa

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 pm
ursula17 wrote:
nomedellarosa wrote:

Congratulations!  Very Happy  No, it`s written just that I`ve been shortlisted for a traineeship in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. Is that something new compared to previous years? Cause I think that the past years the candidates were informed which DG they had been shortlisted for.

Congratulation to you Very Happy
It's the same for me, actually I just asked advice to two of my friends who did the EP traineeship in 2010 and 2012 and they both told me that they were informed in the email which DG they were shortlisted for. Indeed, they also told me that basically the selection after the 1st phase should be barely formal (they just have to check your documents). I have some doubts on this point, in the email they send me it seems that we will receive an offer only if selected (2nd phase). Do you think we should start lobbying? These friends told me that is not a custom at the European Parliament (unlike the EC) and it could not be appreciated.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum