Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection

+58
Lisa M
Brown79
omark
Elske1992
maria_it
ChiaraD
Trainee2017
hellobl
rimi17
povilas
tarar92
alsoin
Adri042
Miguel Paiva
Leghorn
Maria62
Bolo889
Anouk
emagicj
Razvan Nicolescu
laloui
pops
kareniga
jottasoy
nomedellarosa
Federico93BM
Tdag
Mauriceh
ursula17
MST93
AMRD
NinaRoox
NoMoreWords
lanab
Lib91
AidanB
inesnunes91
LeireO
Natsu21
ralamaro
amelia_25
Raquelr_s
mariega
qwertyeu
Silvernight
laura92
MrFr
vscherders
Rman
lisa1989
Macaviity
rachaelrosen
Tz
CBu
lcf99
Antonnio
Paola123
medinagj
62 posters
Go down
pops

Preselection - Page 10 Empty Re: Preselection

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:45 pm
Elske1992 wrote:
Maria62 wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:
Maria62 wrote:This is what they sent me:

All applications are handled centrally, so must be done through the application process detailed on the website, rather than by contacting us at the office, I'm afraid. I'm assuming this is what you did for the March intake, in which case you will have received an email confirming your application was received with details on who to contact if you have questions about the application.

If you have been informed that you are shortlisted usually this notification should also specify which traineeship you have been shortlisted for, but if you have more questions about this I would advise you to send an email to the traineeship office (indicated below) or to the contact details contained within the notification.

Just got an email back from the Hague! They basically told me that my application did not go through to them (they unfortunately for some reason hadn't seen my email with my motivation letter - and the lack of conformation email from that confirms that) and that they already selected two candidates. Ah well, it seems that for me a lot of other things went wrong as well haha! I'll try again next year, and I'll make sure that my email will go through to them this time (I definitely emailed  it to the right address... no clue what happened! Maybe they just overlooked me).

That's interesting, is it dealt with differently in the Hague? Didn't you just apply through the central TO, like everyone else?

The Hague has their own selection procedure! They sometimes invite people for interviews, and you have to apply to them separately as well. But the employee I spoke to told me that they have just found out that many of the applications they receive have ended up in their SPAM folder (and were deleted after two weeks). This is probably what has happened to me as well. Unfortunately...  

Well I am sorry but if they know of the spam folder situation, they should at least check it... I guess when you have that many candidates bureaucracy is never hold responsible ... Would be nice if they could send for future generations a confirmation email. And I'm sorry this happened with your application. I' m sure the other job was meant to be for you this year.
kareniga

Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 pm
Hello all,

More updates: After calling several different numbers, I could talk with the departament in charge of the traineeships for university graduates.

They are overwhelmed and told me for this reason they don't answer our emails and calls very often.
I summarize you the info she gave me, which she encouraged me to share with all of you in this process.

They confirmed this year the process has changed and effectively this time the called "shortlisted candidates" includes the final candidates + the "reserve list".
- People who are final candidates and sent their documents they have been sent their offers. Once they offer is sent, you can say you have the traineeship, even if you haven't been already sent yet the admision letter.

- People, as myself, who sent the documents on time, but we haven't been sent an offer, we are in this kind of "reserve list" o "blue blook". Until 15th February we couldn't know if we will be elected or not. It will depend of the rejections... Around 10% of people will be contactet until around 15 February.
There is nothing we can do. They won't tell you in which order you are in the list, just that you are in this situation.

I'm sorry to give you this news, but at least we know what's happenning and we can move on and stop geting crazy about this process. I think it's not fair to change the process without previous notice. When I got the email with the "shortlisted" answer I though I got the traineeship, but nop... I just have a 10% of hope now...

I will try not to think to much about it from now. It was nice to have you in this forum to share about doubts and help each other to know what was happening  Smile

Good luck to everyone! If not Schumman traineeship, we'll do another thing cheers
tpauli

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:04 pm
@kareniga Thank you for this!! At least now we know where we stand!
pops

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:07 pm
kareniga wrote:Hello all,

More updates: After calling several different numbers, I could talk with the departament in charge of the traineeships for university graduates.

They are overwhelmed and told me for this reason they don't answer our emails and calls very often.
I summarize you the info she gave me, which she encouraged me to share with all of you in this process.

They confirmed this year the process has changed and effectively this time the called "shortlisted candidates" includes the final candidates + the "reserve list".
- People who are final candidates and sent their documents they have been sent their offers. Once they offer is sent, you can say you have the traineeship, even if you haven't been already sent yet the admision letter.

- People, as myself, who sent the documents on time, but we haven't been sent an offer, we are in this kind of "reserve list" o "blue blook". Until 15th February we couldn't know if we will be elected or not. It will depend of the rejections... Around 10% of people will be contactet until around 15 February.
There is nothing we can do. They won't tell you in which order you are in the list, just that you are in this situation.

I'm sorry to give you this news, but at least we know what's happenning and we can move on and stop geting crazy about this process. I think it's not fair to change the process without previous notice. When I got the email with the "shortlisted" answer I though I got the traineeship, but nop... I just have a 10% of hope now...

I will try not to think to much about it from now. It was nice to have you in this forum to share about doubts and help each other to know what was happening  Smile

Good luck to everyone! If not Schumman traineeship, we'll do another thing cheers

Thank you so much for this information! Smile  Hopefully seeing how many emails they got this year, they will go back to the old process of telling people of the waiting list. Good luck to everyone!
ralamaro

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:35 pm
Thank you for the info @kareniga. At least we know where we are at now. Anyway, the best of luck to all, and hope that many of us will be part of that 10%.
maria_it

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:47 pm
thanks to all of you for all the infos!
best of luck to everybody!!
lcf99

Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm
we are still optimistic Smile
Maria62

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:00 pm
@kareniga Thank you so much for sharing this information with us! I totally understand where you're coming from, after getting the information of being shortlisted I also automatically assumed that I was accepted. 10% is not much, so good luck to everyone! It was really nice talking to you guys and going through the same kind of panic and desperation :-)
Elske1992

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:02 pm
pops wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:
Maria62 wrote:
Elske1992 wrote:
Maria62 wrote:This is what they sent me:

All applications are handled centrally, so must be done through the application process detailed on the website, rather than by contacting us at the office, I'm afraid. I'm assuming this is what you did for the March intake, in which case you will have received an email confirming your application was received with details on who to contact if you have questions about the application.

If you have been informed that you are shortlisted usually this notification should also specify which traineeship you have been shortlisted for, but if you have more questions about this I would advise you to send an email to the traineeship office (indicated below) or to the contact details contained within the notification.

Just got an email back from the Hague! They basically told me that my application did not go through to them (they unfortunately for some reason hadn't seen my email with my motivation letter - and the lack of conformation email from that confirms that) and that they already selected two candidates. Ah well, it seems that for me a lot of other things went wrong as well haha! I'll try again next year, and I'll make sure that my email will go through to them this time (I definitely emailed  it to the right address... no clue what happened! Maybe they just overlooked me).

That's interesting, is it dealt with differently in the Hague? Didn't you just apply through the central TO, like everyone else?

The Hague has their own selection procedure! They sometimes invite people for interviews, and you have to apply to them separately as well. But the employee I spoke to told me that they have just found out that many of the applications they receive have ended up in their SPAM folder (and were deleted after two weeks). This is probably what has happened to me as well. Unfortunately...  

Well I am sorry but if they know of the spam folder situation, they should at least check it... I guess when you have that many candidates bureaucracy is never hold responsible ... Would be nice if they could send for future generations a confirmation email.  And I'm sorry this happened with your application. I' m sure the other job was meant to be for you this year.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed because I still have another option. I'll just apply next year as well! And I'll definitely mention in my application to the Hague that they "lost" my previous application, so I'll need a conformation email this time haha!
alsoin

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:57 pm
For those who received the offer email, could you please inform us when you receive the actual admission email (so the actual contract)? I'll do the same Wink

Also thank you, Kareniga, for sharing this important piece of information with us.
Mauriceh

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 pm
I have just received an email with the subject "Your application for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. [reason:] No documents received."

I have checked my correspondence and with 100% certainty i have sent my documents out to PERS-Trainee-Recrut@ep.europa.eu on December 18th. Anyone else met this surprise just now?
lcf99

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 pm
Mauriceh wrote:I have just received an email with the subject "Your application for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. [reason:] No documents received."

I have checked my correspondence and with 100% certainty i have sent my documents out to PERS-Trainee-Recrut@ep.europa.eu on December 18th. Anyone else met this surprise just now?

oh wow, that's the first.
Are you going to respond?

Last edited by lcf99 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
nomedellarosa

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 pm
kareniga wrote:Hello all,

Thank you for sharing this important news.
I am actually in a tough situation because I enrolled in a Master programme scheduled to start in February and I am supposed to pay the tuition fees by the 31st January. I don't know what to do Mad
Mauriceh

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm
lcf99 wrote:
Mauriceh wrote:I have just received an email with the subject "Your application for a traineeship for university graduates in the General Secretariat of the European Parliament. [reason:] No documents received."

I have and they immediately responded. They recognised the issue and immediately came through with the internship offer cheers .
lcf99

Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:54 pm
Mauriceh wrote:
lcf99 wrote:

I have and they immediately responded. They recognised the issue and immediately came through with the internship offer cheers .

I'm so glad. Very Happy congratulations
ralamaro

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:00 pm
@Mauriceh wow! Congrats!
Lisa M

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:41 pm
Hi everyone!

I am just seeing this page now, but I thought I'd give you my insight to complete what you already know.

After several calls to various delegations in Luxembourg and Brussels, I finally got the contact details of the person dealing with the recruitment process. She told me that all persons who were selected got their offer by now, meaning that the rest of us are indeed on a reserve list. I asked whether we will be notified once the person before us accepted their offer, so that we can definitely know that we've been rejected, and the answer is NO we won't receive such email.

I then asked whether I could at least know my ranking in the waiting list (1, 2 or 3) but again, the only thing that they could tell me is that my status was 'shortlisted' (understand: somewhere on the reserve list).

They strongly advised me to accept whatever offer I got from somewhere else as chances are now that I won't receive any offer from them.

I am sorry to carry such bad news but at least now we are certain of the situation. The whole process was horrible, disorganised, and honestly it doesn't encourage me to re-apply. Thanks for this forum and good luck to everyone!
abcdefg

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:05 pm
Hi everyone! I think we should also keep in mind that the application process for the EC is still ongoing as well. Maybe some people who were selected for both traineeship will choose the EC traineeship over the EP one in the end, so there is still some hope left Smile
lcf99

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:24 pm
abcdefg wrote:Hi everyone! I think we should also keep in mind that the application process for the EC is still ongoing as well. Maybe some people who were selected for both traineeship will choose the EC traineeship over the EP one in the end, so there is still some hope left Smile

you are right. EC is sending their offers on 23rd of January and there are people still sitting on two chairs. Furthermore, EC has already opened application for October and is closing at the end of this month.
rimi17

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am
Guys,

I received an offer this morning.

For all of you waiting, there is still hope Smile

nomedellarosa

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:50 am
rimi17 wrote:Guys,

I received an offer this morning.

For all of you waiting, there is still hope Smile

Congrats! And thank you for sharing this cheers
alsoin

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 am
Just letting you know that I received my "admission letter" (contract letter) by email at 8:59 AM today (so about 1 hour ago).

Good luck to you all.

Razvan Nicolescu

Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:43 pm
Despite my low expectations, I have also got an offer today and I am waiting now for the official letter. Thus, the hope is not completely lost. Good luck to you, all!
Federico93BM

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 pm
Razvan Nicolescu wrote:Despite my low expectations, I have also got an offer today and I am waiting now for the official letter. Thus, the hope is not completely lost. Good luck to you, all!

Congrats man! May you tell us for which DG, please?
Razvan Nicolescu

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:16 pm
Congrats man! May you tell us for which DG, please?[/quote]

Of course! It is in Directorate-General for External Policies, Policy Department for External Relations in BRUSSELS.
povilas

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 am
Hey, has anyone received the admission letter yet? I'm starting to get paranoid about these spam folders now.. Shocked
abcdefg

Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:07 pm
povilas wrote:Hey, has anyone received the admission letter yet? I'm starting to get paranoid about these spam folders now.. Shocked

Nothing yet for me
lcf99

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 am
Has anyone else heard anything?
nomedellarosa

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:06 am
lcf99 wrote:Has anyone else heard anything?

Nope
lcf99

Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:09 am
nomedellarosa wrote:
lcf99 wrote:Has anyone else heard anything?

Nope

Even the admission letters?
For the love of god, what is going on and why the delay? Shocked
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum