Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sending documents requested

+34
mede84
Jane12
AR
smeela
itavv
Ellen1990
extralegem
ateni
mariammc
luisph
kiar
mihi
stevedale84
lucia_roman
Cara90
Harry78
Teenka
MoreEU4all
FionaC
nas
Anni1
marccello
ellina
GiuPilia
bosch
fede80
missla1987
eeritrejaa
J.N.
Summerwind
travisfull
pamg
konstantina88
silviatovar
38 posters
Go down
Summerwind

Sending documents requested - Page 2 Empty Re: Sending documents requested

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 am
Anni1 wrote:I got preselected. I was only wondering about the certificates. I stated 3 different experiences in my application (work experience section)... but in the "suitability for the profile" section I also talked about my current work. It was not stated in the work experience section because I have had two different contracts with the same employee. That's why I just mentioned the one that had already finished. Now I don't know if I should send certificate of both of them or only the one that was mentioned as work experience! Do you think they require certificates also for the things you mentioned in those written sections?
I was wondering the same thing.. I think I send all the certificates I have from my previous employers, also regarding those internships/employments I didn't mention in the work experience section of the application. In addition, I was thinking about attaching also my CV to the envelope. It may be unnecessary but the CV states my work experience in a chronological order.
MoreEU4all

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:18 am
Hello everybody.
This new selection procedure is a bit confusing. I think I will send everything I would have sent in past selections such as references and cv...do you find it appropriate? However, in this case I guess we should only support what we have already stated in our application so we don't need to convince them further on our competences and experiences...don't know what to do.
Can anyone help??
Thanks thanks
travisfull

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:50 am
Guys the rules are clear: send the supporting documents, thats it. No something more and no something less.
However, the size of the email is bigger than the maximum size allowed by the EU emails.

How did you fix it?
pamg

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 am
travisfull wrote:Guys the rules are clear: send the supporting documents, thats it. No something more and no something less.
However, the size of the email is bigger than the maximum size allowed by the EU emails.

How did you fix it?
By the way, what's the maximum size allowed by EU emails?
MoreEU4all

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 am
Thank you Travisfull.
Is it bigger also by zipping your files?
missla1987

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:46 am
pamg wrote:
travisfull wrote:Guys the rules are clear: send the supporting documents, thats it. No something more and no something less.

How did you fix it?
By the way, what's the maximum size allowed by EU emails?
I unfortunately have the same problem… My documents are far too big to send them in an email.
Putting them into a zip file might be an option, but they said explicitly that we should send them as a pdf?
travisfull

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:29 pm
Actually I don't know the maximum size allowed by the EU email server, but I know for sure that you are receiving rejection emails because our email are exceeding the maximum size.

However, even if you zip them, you can save some KB, maximum 1 or 2 MB, no more. I sended an email asking clarifications: as soon as I have a reply, I will post it.
MoreEU4all

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:37 pm
That will help a lot, thank you Travisfull!!
missla1987

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:02 pm
travisfull wrote:Actually I don't know the maximum size allowed by the EU email server, but I know for sure that you are receiving rejection emails because our email are exceeding the maximum size.

However, even if you zip them, you can save some KB, maximum 1 or 2 MB, no more. I sended an email asking clarifications: as soon as I have a reply, I will post it.
Great! Please keep us updated about the answer Very Happy 
travisfull

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:06 pm
Of course I will do.

However, I'm finding this stage of the selection really challenging!!
MoreEU4all

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:18 pm
Same here, I mean all of this is not very efficient and leaves us with many many doubts. I really hope it will only be a check of the documents with no evaluation.
By the way...pigeons are the solutions :-P

Well, at least we won't be bored in the next weeks :-)
pamg

Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm
But all of you who sent the email with the documents are receiving rejection messages?
travisfull

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:15 pm
yes we do. What about you?
Teenka

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:19 pm
pamg wrote:But all of you who sent the email with the documents are receiving rejection messages?
No, I didn't receive a rejection message. At least, not until now Wink. I sent it around noon.
eeritrejaa

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm
Hey guys,
I sent my email and there was no rejection message. It was about 3 MB big, contained two pdf files. I scanned all my documents in black and white, so they weren't that big. All the documents contained around 50 pages, still, I belive they prove everything they have to prove Smile

So maybe your files are too big? Anyway, I'm sure you'll get an answer what to do about rejection message. Don't worry!
pamg

Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:57 pm
travisfull wrote:yes we do. What about you?
I still haven't send it. Still compiling the documents. I expect to send it tomorrow.
Harry78

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:37 pm
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to change your mobile phone number given the application?
Cara90

Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:53 pm
Harry78, I think you must write at the traineeship office to specify that, after which they will make the change.
nas

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:16 pm
eeritrejaa wrote:Hey guys,
I sent my email and there was no rejection message. It was about 3 MB big, contained two pdf files. I scanned all my documents in black and white, so they weren't that big. All the documents contained around 50 pages, still, I belive they prove everything they have to prove Smile

So maybe your files are too big? Anyway, I'm sure you'll get an answer what to do about rejection message. Don't worry!
You have 50 pages, really? Did you have translations attached.. haha, because mine are around 20-25 pg. hhhm
lucia_roman

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 pm
nas, 25 or 50, it does not matter anymore :p you have both been selected Smile
pamg

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:30 pm
eeritrejaa wrote:Hey guys,

You sent the email do Belen's email and to EAC-STAGES-DESK, right?
stevedale84

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 pm
Can I ask you why you have so many pages? 50? Shocked 
I have just gathered my documents and in total it's 10 pages... including transcripts of grades, all that I have declared in my application.
Either you have 3 or 4 masters Very Happy or my profile really s**ks... I'm joking, just curious!
travisfull

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:07 pm
stevedale84 wrote:Can I ask you why you have so many pages? 50? Shocked 
I have just gathered my documents and in total it's 10 pages... including transcripts of grades, all that I have declared in my application.
Either you have 3 or 4 masters Very Happy or my profile really s**ks... I'm joking, just curious!
Hi buddy,

actually even my documents are just 11 pages, but I experienced the same problem of maximum size allowed etc.
Anyway, 50 pages maybe is someone who has 3 master degree, indefinite amount of experiences and so forth...it is not my case.
mihi

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:31 pm
hi I have a question for all of you Very Happy If i stated a language as my second mother tongue, do I have to provide a certificate that I speak that language?
Cara90

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm
mihi, I don't think you need to provide a certificate for the second mother tongue, but it's just my opinion:)
mihi

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm
Cara90 wrote:mihi, I don't think you need to provide a certificate for the second mother tongue, but it's just my opinion:)
Thank you, I thought the same, I just wanted to hear some of your opinions Wink
eeritrejaa

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 pm
Hey,
ok, to answer all: I have 44 pages of documents. I don't have certificates or statements of all my previous work experience, so I sent reports that show what kind of work I performed, together with opinions of my mentors at institutions where I worked, so that was
around 10 pages. Also, I just have two language certificates, but for the third language I had nothing, so I sent 4 certificates of my high school (for every year) proving that I learned the language for 4 years. My diploma is 3 pages long and diploma supplement is very long because it explains school sistem in my country, because I graduaded with degree that is pre-Bologna (and is actually the same 5 year program as bachelor's + master's degree). Plus a couple certificates about summer schools and trainings, that's all. No extra masters, no Erasmus exchanges, nothing. That's why I had to be a little more creative with documents that would prove everything I stated in my application Smile

So don't worry, if everything you stated in application can be proved by just 10 pages, that is just fine or probably even better.

And yes, I sent email to Belen and to Desk email.
travisfull

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 am
Hi guys,

after you have sent the supporting documents via email+post office receipt, have you already received a confirmation email from Belen or anyone else?

kiar

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 am
I did not receive any confirmation of the email sent to Belen.

I just wonder whether they will only look at them if they do not properly receive the registered mail one.
travisfull

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:36 am
Yes, I think so.
It is probably a preventive measure and they will look at your email only in case they don't receive your physical materials.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum