Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sending documents requested

+34
mede84
Jane12
AR
smeela
itavv
Ellen1990
extralegem
ateni
mariammc
luisph
kiar
mihi
stevedale84
lucia_roman
Cara90
Harry78
Teenka
MoreEU4all
FionaC
nas
Anni1
marccello
ellina
GiuPilia
bosch
fede80
missla1987
eeritrejaa
J.N.
Summerwind
travisfull
pamg
konstantina88
silviatovar
38 posters
Go down
silviatovar

Sending documents requested Empty Sending documents requested

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 pm
Hi everybody

I reveived also the same email that many of us about the documents to be sent in case of pre-selection. I have many doubts about it and I share with you to ask for some help:

1. “Printed copy of the application form, dated and signed”;.
Does that mean that we have to print the application, to signed it and make a copy of this?

2. “Copies of all university diplomas you have declared to hold in your application, together with the corresponding university transcripts”.
When they talk about transcripts..Does that mean a document where you have your university credits?

3. “Official proof for each short-length study period and seminar, university exchange programme abroad, if applicable”
I understand that we have to send the copies right? As well as in the case of the university diplomas…

4. “Proof of declared language/s knowledge, which could be presented in the form of language certificates or diplomas obtained”
Can you send a diploma recently gained besides those you have mentioned in the application form?

5. “…to send them to us by registered mail: from November the 18th until November the 26th”.
I understand from here that we have to send the documents by email from the registered mail of the application form. Is it right?

I would really appreciate some help about these doubts if somebody has the right answers or we can think collectively about that (I thing that It is always better than alone…)

Good luck for everybody also   

Silvia
konstantina88

Sending documents requested Empty Re: Sending documents requested

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:02 pm
1. I have also this question!!
2. Yes
3. Yes,only copies
4.I think by mail..normal mail..not email..but i'm not sure :-/

Good luck!!!
Konstantina
pamg

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:28 am
1. It means that you have to print your application and sign and date it in the upper right corner of each page.
travisfull

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:35 pm
guys, sorry, I have a doubt: what about the correct address? Could you please post the exact address where we have to send the documents (in the unlikely event of a pre-selection).
Summerwind

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:36 pm
pamg wrote:1. It means that you have to print your application and sign and date it in the upper right corner of each page.
Hi,

Where have you got these instructions? It sounds pretty silly to sign the application on each page, doesn't it?
konstantina88

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:54 pm
I think we will have more info in case we are pre selected
pamg

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Summerwind wrote:
pamg wrote:1. It means that you have to print your application and sign and date it in the upper right corner of each page.
Hi,

Where have you got these instructions? It sounds pretty silly to sign the application on each page, doesn't it?
Hi,

Well, I've got them from the traditional legal practice (portuguese law practice). Normally its applicable when you are signing contracts to sign on each page to make sure that you acknowledge all its contents.

Therefore I assume that they will want something like that. (I might be wrong though, but that's how I'm going to do it, in the event I'm pre-selected)
J.N.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:55 pm
Guys what documents are you going to send as a proof of your working experience?
konstantina88

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:20 pm
J.N : i will send a text written by my former boss(on computer of course!) signed and with a stamp
Summerwind: Yes, i also know that you can sign an application.. it's like you confirm that you apply and not someone else applied for you
Travisfull: I think they will send us information about address and how to submit the documents...But i don't know when!! I think i check my emails 100 times per day..i hope they will answer soon
eeritrejaa

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:52 pm
Am I right that we don't need transations of documents such as diplomas, certificates and statements of our ex-employers?

Because it says under FAQ that the Traineeship Office accepts documents in all official EU languages....
konstantina88

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:56 pm
You mean translations? I think you need it only if your documents are not written in an official language of the European Union .
eeritrejaa

Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:27 am
Yes, of course, the "l" slipped out Smile

Ok, thanks! Smile
missla1987

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 pm
To me it also seems a bit weird with the signing.. I have a friend who applied last year and they had a whole last page with the following statement: " I, the undersigned, certify that the information declared above is true and complete. I am aware that any false declaration or omission, even in error, may lead to the rejection of my application."
The statement is longer, but you get an idea of what I am talking about.
Below that they had a field which said "signature" and "date".

Does anyone of you have such a page as a last page? because I don't Sad
konstantina88

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:34 pm
No, i don't have anything like this. But for me it's not weird.. This is how i sign my contract for my room in the student house where i live.. we print it and sign in every page,on the top..who knows!Maybe it's a new way Very Happy  But do you know when we will have a reply from EC about Blue Book?
missla1987

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:39 pm
konstantina88 wrote:No, i don't have anything like this. But for me it's not weird.. This is how i sign my contract for my room in the student house where i live.. we print it and sign in every page,on the top..who knows!Maybe it's a new way Very Happy  But do you know when we will have a reply from EC about Blue Book?

No idea afro 

its all a bit random to me… I also heard from people who already did their traineeship in the EC that they apparently read the letter of motivation with a machine and scan them for key words…hahaha

but no idea if thats actually true!
konstantina88

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 pm
Did they tell you the key words?hahahaha Razz 
travisfull

Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:02 am
man, c'mon...a machine for key words?
It sounds so weird and unreal, we are not talking about a multiple choice exam.
I don't claim they read "every single" motivation letter, but at least those which respect certain pre-requisites.
fede80

Sending documents requested Empty Documents required

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:31 pm
Hi,
I have some doubts about the documents required in case of pre-selection:

1.Printed copy of the application form, dated and signed; does it refer to the date of form's compilation, or to the present date (when I'll print the apllication form)?

2.Proof of all declared working experience.
What is a proof? I mean, I have proof of my traineeships, but I don't have proof of other working experience. Only thing that proves it, it's the document of Employment Agency of my city ( I' m not sure if it is the correct name).
What kind of proof do you prepare?
konstantina88

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:23 pm
Hi Fede80,
as i wrote before regarding proofs, i have some documents signed from my boss that state that i was working there. I don't know if they count this, but this is all i have! As for the first, i really don't know but i guess the date that you sign, because they already have the date that you applied.
Summerwind

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:22 am
About the signing, I know what Konstantina88 refers to, but it's more like a judicial (contractual) procedure for indicating the the parties have seen and acknowledged each page etc. I really don't think that's what is required here. I was also wondering whether there should be some kind of signature field in the end of the application, I don't have it either. I guess it's just meant that we date and sign the application on the last page.

I also believe that some key words are used when the DGs and units look for suitable applicants. Otherwise it'd be too complicated as there is so many applicants in the database. Hopefully they still read each application before pointing out the relevant key words to the database. Very Happy
bosch

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:56 pm
Hi,

does anybody know whether a single signed (not stamped) copy of graduation is enough to prove I have just finished my studies? Or only officially attested, signed, stamped university diplomas with university transcripts are accepted? Or any other possibilities? I haven't received the official diploma yet, that's why I ask it.

Thanks in adv for your response and good luck for tomorrow!
GiuPilia

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 am
One question!
I have no proof of one of my working experience and I cannot really get it.
Would that be a cause for exclusion?
Thanks!
konstantina88

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 am
No, not for exclusion..i don't think so! I think they want it just to be sure that exists! So, the worst thing that can happen is not to take into consideration the work experience as there is no proof of this.

I have another question: I don't have a proof but i have a reference refered also to the dates that i worked there and the only think i can do is scann it and send it because i have only one! Do you think is this ok?
pamg

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:09 am
konstantina88 wrote:No, not for exclusion..i don't think so! I think they want it just to be sure that exists! So, the worst thing that can happen is not to take into consideration the work experience as there is no proof of this.

I have another question: I don't have a proof but i have a reference refered also to the dates that i worked there and the only think i can do is scann it and send it because i have only one! Do you think is this ok?
I don't think you should worry about that. If the reference clearly states the dates in which you worked I suppose it will be enough to prove you were there.
ellina

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:50 pm
Congratulations to everyone who recieved the pre-selection email and good luck to those who are still waiting! I am slightly confused about the sending dates - do we have to SEND the requested documents between 18th - 26th November only or does the Commission needs to RECIVE them by registered post until 26th?

Thank you very much!
marccello

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:25 pm
ellina wrote:Congratulations to everyone who recieved the pre-selection email and good luck to those who are still waiting! I am slightly confused about the sending dates - do we have to SEND the requested documents between 18th - 26th November only or does the Commission needs to RECIVE them by registered post until 26th?

Thank you very much!
In the email it is stated that you should send documents via register mail. That means that your envelope is tracked and that date on (the date you send the envelope with documents) it is presumed as the date when they get your documents (although the actually won't get them by that date). Therefore you can send documents at very latest 26th of November. It doesn't matter if they are going to get them latter.
ellina

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:21 pm
marccello wrote:
ellina wrote:Congratulations to everyone who recieved the pre-selection email and good luck to those who are still waiting! I am slightly confused about the sending dates - do we have to SEND the requested documents between 18th - 26th November only or does the Commission needs to RECIVE them by registered post until 26th?

Thank you very much!
In the email it is stated that you should send documents via register mail. That means that your envelope is tracked and that date on (the date you send the envelope with documents) it is presumed as the date when they get your documents (although the actually won't get them by that date). Therefore you can send documents at very latest 26th of November. It doesn't matter if they are going to get them latter.
Ok, thank you!
Anni1

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:27 pm
I got preselected. I was only wondering about the certificates. I stated 3 different experiences in my application (work experience section)... but in the "suitability for the profile" section I also talked about my current work. It was not stated in the work experience section because I have had two different contracts with the same employee. That's why I just mentioned the one that had already finished. Now I don't know if I should send certificate of both of them or only the one that was mentioned as work experience! Do you think they require certificates also for the things you mentioned in those written sections?
nas

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:03 pm
I am just wondering if I am supposed to provide proof from my experience as a volunteer for a NGO?
I do not have any document that proofs my volunteering but I am working on getting some proof.
Is anyone in a similar situation?
FionaC

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:10 pm
Yes - I asked the NGO to send me a document which could serve as proof. I don't have it yet, but essentially, you just need a paper saying "such&such volunteered with us from xxxx to xxxx." If they also write what kind of things you did while volunteering then it's perfect!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum