Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+58
ecobus
angelapia
Finna
idealia
Ursula13
ALEXAN12
gannatsel
mariju
alicemarie
ams47w
ab527
loolapaloozas
aust2000
MLand
skaykilmaz
laurip
ada.s
grey18
kigeugeu
Christos_Marazo
pinootie
AlZa
Luna77
prox_n
wwy
monique1302
Anni1
kasparuz
yanke
DutchBB
milera
pancho974
scsj
rocknrohl
minka
dinamo
mlle
sonnenblume
baanka
europe4all
DSS
schatten
rabrab
EleonoraM.
Dora19
eupotential
at86
Elanor
estrella13
ECandidate
Anne-Lise
KS2012
arty99
alex2006
Flam
JakubCZ
palindrom
kimkillah
62 posters
Go down

Interviews - Page 16 Empty Re: Interviews

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:24 pm
I don't know about you guys but I would kill to find out the current situation of the Blue Book bookings.. bounce haha

Most of the units I have lobbied to wont be taking any trainees so my expectations are very very low! Smile But I did everything I could possibly do! Soooo from now on I will sit down, relax and wait for the TO email...
ams47w

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm
yes! i feel like they should at least tell us what date in 'late june'...especially if there's people who need to make plans soon and/or have to respond to other job offers. hmmm...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 pm
I agree! The TO should speed up the process especially cause almost all (judging by other posts) DG have decided which trainees they want to chose! And for those DG still in search for a "ultimate trainee" they should chose someone and finish this agony for all of us! haha Smile It is not like they are going to make a bad choice, we are all super qualified! Smile
scsj

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:35 pm
ya like last session I turned down another internship offer (I was not too much into it but anyway) at the end of December because I was hoping and waiting for the EC. So I don't wanna do the same mistake now since I've been interviewing a lot and I might get a job. I think that this time I will accept the first offer I get; I can't wait forever for the TO email. And I didn't have any interview with the EC so far, so..
palindrom

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:51 am
so, anyone found his application score and wants to share it with us?
estrella13

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:52 am
they're not answering Crying or Very sad
DutchBB

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:56 am
You have to give them a few days. Wait I just got an e-mail from them actually, they are rather quick. I asked them my score and - as you were wondering palindrom - the max. points. They are telling me that the max is 40, as was said here before. But they didn't tell me my score Sad Just that it is above the threshold.... Are you sure that the threshold is 35? Can someone else ask that when they are asking for their scores?
DutchBB

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:58 am
Also. I got a mail from justice unit c.2 (anyone else interested in that?) - the process is on-going.
Ursula13

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 pm
I also wrote an email to ask about my scores, two days ago. I will post it if I get an answer Smile
Luna77

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm
yes me too...three days ago, waiting for the answer! will let u know!
scsj

Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:40 pm
FYI Clima, B3 is not taking any trainees
yanke

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:46 pm
DG HOME unit A2 has no vacancies for trainees this year..
BruxBrux

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:07 pm
Hello all,

I thought I would share information as well as request some!

Given emails I received yesterday I know that DG EMPL's selection is finished and DG HR have already selected their candidates. I tell you so you don't waste time last-minute lobbying.

Has anyone heard anything from DG COMM or DG EAC / EACEA ?

All I recieved were a few emails weeks ago saying it was unnecessary to resend my CV. Nothing since - not a good sign!
palindrom

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:00 pm
Hello again! Smile

This is the message I have received from TO:
You received 3 points above the threshold (=38/35 points)

Regards

It is weird they did not tell you (Dutch) your score. Are you sure they did not even say how many points above the threshold?
Anyhow...

(today I went to have some sun bath as I am sure they will not call me these days..I believe now it is just a matter of patience until the end of the month..)
Christos_Marazo

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:10 pm
For those interested in EEAS:

I got an email from the Political and Security Committee (PSC) of EEAS that said that they WONT have any trainees for October 2013...

The agony continues...
mlle

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:15 pm
palindrom wrote:Hello again! Smile

This is the message I have received from TO:
You received 3 points above the threshold (=38/35 points)

Regards

It is weird they did not tell you (Dutch) your score. Are you sure they did not even say how many points above the threshold?
Anyhow...

(today I went to have some sun bath as I am sure they will not call me these days..I believe now it is just a matter of patience until the end of the month..)

Hi palindrom,
what is your background if you don't mind me asking. your score is really high and I saw that you were also German, lobbied similar units than I did but have not received a phone call either (lol sorry for stalking ;-))
mlle

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:17 pm
oh and I have not asked about my score yet but will definitely do if I am not selected this time to see how high my chances are for being preselected again next time. Same here, Christos. I also received an e-mail from EU Situation Room saying they weren't taking a trainee and I had high hopes for them because the Head of Division sent me a very nice and personal e-mail a while back saying my profile was interesting and that they would definitely consider me if they were allocated a trainee position
scsj

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:31 pm
DG ENTR, Unit A2 no trainees next session
scsj

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 pm
80% of replies to my emails = we are not taking trainees. bummer Sad
pinootie

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:39 pm
FYI - Received the following email:

"Dear Madam,

Thank you for your message and your interest for internship in the Directorate General "Agriculture and Rural Development" (DG AGRI).

The units in our Directorate General will make their selection in the coming weeks.

Final selection by DG AGRI will be closed around mid-June and at this stage, no traineeship may be guaranteed.

If you are selected by DG AGRI, the Traineeships Office will inform you by e-mail and then send you a trainee placement offer as from 19 June 2013.

I wish you all the best for the selection process.

Yours sincerely,

DG AGRI.H.2"
palindrom

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:39 pm
@mlle

hi Smile i do not know if 38 is a high score, since i do not know the distribution of all scores and it might be that quite a bunch of people took 39 and 40. more frustrating, though, is the fact that i don't have the scores per section: motivation, experience, schooling, as they offered last years, so i don't know where i should improve.

my background:
i'm 25, romanian. i've graduated a ba in political science, with 1 year erasmus llp in italy. after, i've achieved a ma double degree in euroculture (inderdiscipl) from germany and italy, with 1 sem erasmus mundus in india.
i speak fluent ro, en, it and some german. i was involved in several researches and civic projects, cultural events and won some awards.
if you are interested in something particular, please let me know. i don't know what to write more.

mlle, i was interested more in the human development (saving the world) dgs, but i must tell you that i did not receive any phone calls, nor interesting e-mails apart from "thank you for you interest", so far.

anyhow, now i am a little delusional after the waiting and the analyzing and the rationalization, but in the meantime also sort of resigned (in order to preserve at least some of my brain functions sound) and i don't think of the interviews at all.

i believe all the people who are on this forum have what it takes to make a great trainee. unfortunately, this session the competition was so incredibly-extremely-fml high.

ALEXAN12

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:12 pm
Hi Guys!!

Any news from the DG internal market?

Thanxxx

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 pm
Only news I got from DG Internal Market was that units F1 and H2 wont be taking any trainees... The only two units in DG MARKT I have lobbied to. Wink
mlle

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:45 pm
palindrom wrote:@mlle

hi Smile i do not know if 38 is a high score, since i do not know the distribution of all scores and it might be that quite a bunch of people took 39 and 40. more frustrating, though, is the fact that i don't have the scores per section: motivation, experience, schooling, as they offered last years, so i don't know where i should improve.

my background:
i'm 25, romanian. i've graduated a ba in political science, with 1 year erasmus llp in italy. after, i've achieved a ma double degree in euroculture (inderdiscipl) from germany and italy, with 1 sem erasmus mundus in india.
i speak fluent ro, en, it and some german. i was involved in several researches and civic projects, cultural events and won some awards.
if you are interested in something particular, please let me know. i don't know what to write more.

mlle, i was interested more in the human development (saving the world) dgs, but i must tell you that i did not receive any phone calls, nor interesting e-mails apart from "thank you for you interest", so far.

anyhow, now i am a little delusional after the waiting and the analyzing and the rationalization, but in the meantime also sort of resigned (in order to preserve at least some of my brain functions sound) and i don't think of the interviews at all.

i believe all the people who are on this forum have what it takes to make a great trainee. unfortunately, this session the competition was so incredibly-extremely-fml high.

Hey palindrom,
thank you for your answer.
Very impressive :-) Lol, yes I agree and do not really know why I asked for your background now lol I think we all have really similar backgrounds (several languages, studied in several countries, several internships, high grades etc etc) and every employer would be happy to have us ;-) Also, makes it difficult to compare our CVs I guess. I think it also takes a lot of luck to be taken at this stage. Yes, I am trying not to think about it either and just expect a rejection at this point so I won't be disappointed in the end. Plus, I do not think I could keep up the optimism for another 3-4 weeks without any news from the EC ;-) So I am currently also applying for other stuff and most of all focusing on my dissertation. Finger's crossed for all of us though and everybody stay strong :-)
thethinker

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:50 am
Hey, has anyone heard about DG MOVE?
prox_n

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 am
Hi guys!

I have asked about my scores (I'm pre-selected) and they told me, that they cannot reveal points from successfully pre-selected candidates.

Arrow Question
DutchBB

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:16 am
That is strange prox_n - apparently they don't have one policy?

Anyway - people very best of luck! This is a life challenge for us - being patient. So I would suggest, instead of nuking the TO, to calm down and relax. Enjoy the weather, if that is possible where you live. There is basically nothing else we can do now, but wait. Start to think of plan B and set that also in motion.

And remember no calls/e-mails doesn't mean you will not get a traineeship!
DutchBB

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:19 am
Me again - they have updated the website. It now says that the pre-selection has been finalised and that the offers will be send out end June.... Basically we now have to wait at least two weeks, enjoy it!
prox_n

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:23 am
I agree Dutch88! I cross my fingers for all of you and I'm looking forward to see some 600 of you in Brussels hopefully bounce

We'll have to meet up for a beer in Brussels - those who are the most active here in this forum Smile

However, end of June! I'll go on vacation and come back in the second week of July only. I try not to freak out and checking my emails several times a day!

All the best for you!
Luna77

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 am
ENjoy juneee!!!!!!!!!Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum