Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+58
ecobus
angelapia
Finna
idealia
Ursula13
ALEXAN12
gannatsel
mariju
alicemarie
ams47w
ab527
loolapaloozas
aust2000
MLand
skaykilmaz
laurip
ada.s
grey18
kigeugeu
Christos_Marazo
pinootie
AlZa
Luna77
prox_n
wwy
monique1302
Anni1
kasparuz
yanke
DutchBB
milera
pancho974
scsj
rocknrohl
minka
dinamo
mlle
sonnenblume
baanka
europe4all
DSS
schatten
rabrab
EleonoraM.
Dora19
eupotential
at86
Elanor
estrella13
ECandidate
Anne-Lise
KS2012
arty99
alex2006
Flam
JakubCZ
palindrom
kimkillah
62 posters
Go down
Elanor

Interviews - Page 17 Empty Re: Interviews

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:54 am
prox_n wrote:

We'll have to meet up for a beer in Brussels - those who are the most active here in this forum Smile

Yes, it would be really nice to meet you guys in person. Very Happy
wwy

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:00 pm
Has anyone had interview with External Action Service? I am particularly interested in Eastern Europe/ Central Asia units.
kigeugeu

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:13 pm
I don't know if they do interviews...

I got 2 replies that the units won't have trainees (all Africa related), one that the unit doesn't know if they get a trainee and one that my application (I lobbied) has been taken under consideration but that I wasn't selected.
I was really surprised about the mail as I didn't hear anything before and didn't even know that they considered the application.

Anyone else interested in the international field (Echo, Devco, Eeas etc.)?
Elanor

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm
I did not have an interview with the EEAS, but was simply notified that I was selected by a unit in the Americas division.
mlle

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:21 pm
kigeugeu wrote:I don't know if they do interviews...

I got 2 replies that the units won't have trainees (all Africa related), one that the unit doesn't know if they get a trainee and one that my application (I lobbied) has been taken under consideration but that I wasn't selected.
I was really surprised about the mail as I didn't hear anything before and didn't even know that they considered the application.

Anyone else interested in the international field (Echo, Devco, Eeas etc.)?

Hello kigeugeu,
which units have replied to you if you do not mind me asking?
kigeugeu

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:06 pm
sure!

MD II.B.1 (no idea)
MD VI.A, MDVI.B3 (no trainee)
MD VI.B1 (didn't choose me)
kigeugeu

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:07 pm
Did you hear anything of any unit?
yanke

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:24 pm
Hey!

I just got this email from Legal Service:

"Dear Candidate,

We thank you for your interest in the Legal Service.
Unfortunately, our Internal Selection Committee has not selected your application.

We wish you success with your application to the other DGs of the Commission.
Best regards and all the best in 2013."
mlle

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:30 pm
lol got the same response from MD II.B.1 a couple of weeks back. MD VII.2, G I cannot take any trainees, MDII.1 does not know. I think apart from that, no reply whatsoever.
Anne-Lise

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:50 pm
yanke - I've also lobbied for Legal Srervice, but I didn't get any answer
ecobus

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 pm
Had interview with one executive agency... but was really hard... the tone was somehow negative, idk but it wasn't good... Sad hopefully someone else find me
EleonoraM.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:26 pm
Elanor wrote:
prox_n wrote:

We'll have to meet up for a beer in Brussels - those who are the most active here in this forum Smile

Yes, it would be really nice to meet you guys in person. Very Happy

Ipsis verbis Smile it would be great! I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to do it so!
skaykilmaz

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:56 am
laurip wrote:
skaykilmaz wrote:Laurip I received the call also on wednesday. However, I ve also been contacted by two other units. But my first choice would be the Turkey unit. Lets see. And yes, Ive a turkish background, but living in the netherlands. Are you Turkish?

Congratulations on being contacted by several units! You must have a pretty interesting profile!

I was under the impression that the DG for ELARG doesn’t take citizens from non-EU countries. You’re a citizen of the Netherlands I guess? Heh, I guess the competition’s for that place is between you and me then. Smile Whatever the outcome, I’m happy to know that my competitor is of high caliber and also fluent in Turkish. I’m Finnish myself, but I’ve lived in Turkey for one and a half years.

Neyse, basarilar diliyorum sana! Umarim her ikimiz de basarili olacak. Brüksel’de kendimizi bulacaksak, sana yemek ismarlayayim. Bu konuda haber aldiktan sonra haberlesiriz, tamam mi? Kendine iyi bak!

Hi laurip, Ive been to Istanbul for the demonstrations Smile So couldnt reply. Do you know whether there are other candidates, or is it really the two of us? Very competitive situation Smile Btw, will they contact us in the end of this month? Pff.. cant wait

Bende sana basarilar diliyorum. Iki farkli unit'e daha basvurdum, sen sadece buraya mi basvurdun?

Ursula13

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:02 am
I got this email after requesting information about my points:

"Thank you for your email request.

The pre-selected candidates are not notified about the number of points they received.

You will be informed by email if you are selected or not for an internship within the European Commission by the end of June 2013 or in the beginning of July 2013."

It s quite interesting that everybody get anyother kind of information about the same question. Very Happy

And take a look at the date mentioned at the end....
DutchBB

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 am
Haha yes quite weird, because they did answer me. Perhaps you all mentioned that you are pre-selected and are wondering what the points are? I didn't say that I was pre-selected, just that I am wondering what points I got per element and what the max points are.

I haven't received an email from legal services, which unit did you lobby to?

Good luck everyone and yes a meet-up should be scheduled when we have the good news!
ecobus

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:51 am
Hey guys can you please set something clear for me? It is possible not to be contacted and just get a message "You're in" at the end of June, beginning of July?? Please answer me this one
Ursula13

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:01 am
DutchBB, I didnt mentioned anything about my status, so its really weird... Very Happy

Ecobus, regarding the previous post here, its definitively possible you get a positive answer at the end.

And I would also love to have a drink with all of you in Brussels! Very Happy
yanke

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:17 am
@ Anne-Lise, DutchBB,

I lobbied in more team within Legal Service but I got this reply from general email that was in the pre-selection email. It's a bit weird. I'd more appreciate email directly from the team which I lobbied.
ams47w

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:46 pm
anyone here who lobbied/is focusing on the Mexico, Central America unit of EEAS or the Public Diplomacy/Election Observance unit of FPI?

also, just realised i posted in the forum on a Saturday. not a good sign for forgetting about this stress for the weekend...
prox_n

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:30 pm
ecobus wrote:Hey guys can you please set something clear for me? It is possible not to be contacted and just get a message "You're in" at the end of June, beginning of July?? Please answer me this one

yes, this is also possible as some units don't contact their selected candidates at all. There's a chance that you'll receive an email from the TO in the end of July, saying that you have a job Laughing
ecobus

Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:54 pm
prox_n wrote:
ecobus wrote:Hey guys can you please set something clear for me? It is possible not to be contacted and just get a message "You're in" at the end of June, beginning of July?? Please answer me this one

yes, this is also possible as some units don't contact their selected candidates at all. There's a chance that you'll receive an email from the TO in the end of July, saying that you have a job Laughing

Thanks! That sounds good, I had a call from Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation, got into final 5 candidates, but the interview was a bit hard for me, I have exams right now, so I couldn't prepare myself for questions they asked.... it was about definitions of different things and projects... a bit strange, was expecting questions on motivation for the choice and where i fit in... anyway i didn't lobby at any unit... hopefully someone finds me Smile
laurip

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 am
skaykilmaz wrote:
Hi laurip, Ive been to Istanbul for the demonstrations Smile So couldnt reply. Do you know whether there are other candidates, or is it really the two of us? Very competitive situation Smile Btw, will they contact us in the end of this month? Pff.. cant wait

Bende sana basarilar diliyorum. Iki farkli unit'e daha basvurdum, sen sadece buraya mi basvurdun?

Bizden fazla Türkiye alaninda ihtisas yapan kisi varsa, cok sasiriyorum! Büyük ihtimalle bu ayin sonunda bize e-posta gönderilecek, gectik mi gecmedik mi diye. Bazi basvuranlara göre 14 Temmuz haber vermeye basliyorlarmis.

Haha, Finlandiya’da bile capulanlara destek vererek Erdogan’a karsi protesto ediyorlar. Bakalim ne oluyor bundan.

Türkiye Unit’in yani sira bir kac Unit’e ben de basvurdum. Onlarin cogu ELARG icinde, digerleri ENER DG’de.
omayo

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 am
Anyone knows anything about EAC DG? Any phone interview?

Does anybody know the date that the TO will inform us about the final selection?

Anyone has new news??

Thanks and good luck to everyone!
KS2012

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 am
From what I've read in previous posts, I believe they'll start sending offers around 19 June but it can go on until the end of June/beginning of July. So still some time to wait for us!
ecobus

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm
Well KS2012 hopefully there is... I had only one interview and it didn't go well - but maybe they got something for me... I didn't lobby at any unit, i found it to be a bit strange as the procedure is as they say different... now we'll see
Elanor

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm
Unit D1 from Trade has sent me an e-mail that they have completed the selection process and that I was not selected.
AlZa

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 am
Hello guys!

I would like to cheer up those of you who didn't have any interviews and so think they are out. In fact you are not! I didn't have any interview at all, and today I got a message that I was selected as a trainee for DEVCO! I lobbied this unit before and it was on my priority list, so I am very happy. Very Happy I sincerely hope that you will get your welcoming messages in following days and so I will see you all in Brussels!!!

Best,
AlZa
kigeugeu

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:37 am
@alza: may I ask which one? I got a positive response from a DEVCO D Unit and am waiting for the TO confirmation now...
Ursula13

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:42 am
I would be also happy about a message from DEVCO. Very Happy My question would be also: which unit was it?
kasparuz

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 am
I don´t want to ruin your morning, but this was posted in the previous batch of trainees:

Dear yusc, last year I was in the same situation you are now, so I can explain it a little bit to you, at least from my perspective Smile for October 2012, I was interviewed by a unit; after that they told that I passed the interview and they will select me. I was really happy... but after a couple of weeks, before receiving the official selection email, the called me to tell me that they contacted the traineeships office and the people from there told them that their unit does not receive a trainee position for October 2012 and they can`t select me (this is because of the budget, and to make sure that every unit gets a trainee at least once a year). You can imagine my disappointment. But they encouraged me to apply again for March 2013, I did and this time they got a trainee position and selected me. So this is a warning for all possible future trainees, even though a unit wants you, the traineeships office has the last word, as they have to gather every unit`s choice and the hardest thing is to respect the countries quotas. I hope this helps you understand a little the process and I encourage you to apply again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum