Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+41
max_7
majT
hopeful_intern
Oleksandr
FJ90
nh5
fh14
al117
mickeymouse
c_l
ansich
ajenne
UncleChaz
Jaap S.
Arowana
bgh123
Noorci
Nordlund
Bea!
Kakiedo_
carolina40
Mauriceh
mon
Dorine-S
AlexSml
SedLex
freddiefreddie
Els
Lib91
Monicaa
mariusaleksandr23
GwladysF
MoritzG
s_i_f
ewcius
Markadeg
zipac
csmn08
Valerias
SarahNiMhairtin
ralamaro
45 posters
Go down
mon

Interviews Empty Interviews

Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm
Has anyone received any phone calls so far?
Els

Interviews Empty Re: Interviews

Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:55 pm
For which traineeship/internship are you asking?
Monicaa

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am
I think first they tell us who got selected (end july) and then we get calls. Right?
I applied for Prix Sakharov. Anybody else interested in human rights?
ralamaro

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 am
I applied for the Prix Sakharov. I havenĀ“t received a call so far, but I received an email from somebody from the DG EXPO asking me whether I still was interested on the traineeship in order to add me to the shortlist. I also applied for the February trainee sheep and then they called me for an interview.

I think, from my experience in applying for the February traineeship, that the selection procedure works in the opposite way than for the Commission. First the DGs you applied for screen your profiles and sometimes they call you in order to do their shortlists (but you can also be shortlisted without being contacted). Then they send them to the Traineeship Service that selects people form the shortlist according to the preferences od the DG concerned, resource availability, gender and nationality quotas etc.

Then at the end of July, I think we will receive an email from the Traineeship Services telling us whether we have been selected, put in the reserve list or rejected. For the February traineeship they sent the same email requesting some documents to people selected and to the ones who have been put in the reserve list. Then they contacted only the selected candidates. I have not been contacted after that so I stayed in the reserve list until I was rejected.

I hope this explanation helps you. Do not lose your motivation, it is a long process but good news can come at any moment. Good luck! Very Happy
s_i_f

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:59 pm
Hi everybody,

I applied for the Schuman traineeship and received a call last Wednesday. They wanted to know if I was still interested and available to add me to the shortlist, but did not ask more questions.
Arowana

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:35 pm
Hi everybody,
I applied for the Sakharov Prize option too and I have received a call 10 days ago. Nothing special, just to ask me if I am still interested and available
s_i_f

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 pm
We should receive the email confirming the results of the preselection quite soon, right?
Els

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:27 pm
I think they actually said late July..
mariusaleksandr23

Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:47 am
Anyone knows if you'll have to pass a language test interview via phone if you applied to have the traineeship in an Information Office?

SarahNiMhairtin

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:53 pm
Regarding the Sakharov Prize should we be lobbying at this stage? If so any idea where we can get information on the heads of units?

I was preselected for the European Commission's bluebook, but left my lobbying quite late and have had no offers... So I'm wondering what anyone knows about putting out feelers for EP?
Monicaa

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:06 pm
Hey, Sarah,

I have the same doubts. I have been preselected too for the Blue Book and I didn't receive any phone call or e-mail so far.
So i'm wondering if for the EP we could lobby. I applied for the Prix Sakharov internship, as you.

Anybody who knows?
Valerias

Interviews Empty Phone call

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:23 am
For those who applied for the Schuman traineeship, did you receive a phone call or an e mail? Was the phone call from a Brussels telephone number?
csmn08

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:14 pm
Nothing until now Sad ..
freddiefreddie

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:02 pm
I applied for Schuman traineeship but Sakharov prize option in the first place. Got an email today from a lawyer-linguist of the Swedish section (I'm Swedish) of the directorate for legislative acts asking if I am still interested in a traineeship at the parliament. I just answered that I am very interested... Don't know anything about lobbying or not at this stage..?
zipac

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:13 pm
i applied for general schuman traineeship (not Sakharov) and i did not receive any calls. is there anyone who applied for general traineeship and received some calls
freddiefreddie

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:44 pm
As I wrote I applied for Sakharov Prize option at firsthand but the response I got per e-mail is for one of the general traineeships I suppose.

Again, as I wrote in my previous post, I just replied that I am interested..do you guys think I am expected to do/write something more at this stage? bounce Haven't gotten a reply on my email yet..
zipac

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:08 pm
freddiefreddie wrote:As I wrote I applied for Sakharov Prize option at firsthand but the response I got per e-mail is for one of the general traineeships I suppose.

Again, as I wrote in my previous post, I just replied that I am interested..do you guys think I am expected to do/write something more at this stage? Ā bounce Haven't gotten a reply on my email yet..

They asked for the expression of interest, i think you did good Smile
Markadeg

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:13 pm
Is there a reason why some people are getting e-mails regarding their interest in the traineeship before the results come out end of July? Should I assume that my application will not be taken to the next stage of the recruitment process if I have not received an e-mail?

Last edited by Markadeg on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to amend the date)
ewcius

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:36 pm
Markadeg, I have the same question... Anyone knows something? Do we still have some chances?
csmn08

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 am
We should receive the e-mail confirming the results in late July.. Smile
s_i_f

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm
I received the official email announcing that I was shortlisted for a traineeship in the Secretariat Smile

But it does not mean that the traineeship is guaranteed: "Not all candidates will be selected for a traineeship. Only if you are selected and on condition that your file is complete, eligible and sent in due time you will receive an offer by email."
GwladysF

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:48 pm
I also received the notification of preselection today.

I had two interviews two weeks ago, for one of them I already know I am in the shortlist but not in the first position, for the second one no news so far. I don't really know how it works with the preselection here, if the selection has been made already or if we can lobby at this point...
MiguelB

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm
Hi all,

I'm new here at the forum.
Today I also received an email stating that I'm shortlisted for a traineeship in the Secretariat. First attempt with the Parliament after 2 unsuccessful applications with the Commission and EEAS. I applied for the Schuman traineeship, though I was hesitating about the Sakharov one as I'm currently volunteering with a human rights defenders NGO.

Anyway, I didn't receive a phone call, though I had a miss call last Wednesday but no number shown so it could have been anyone.
MiguelB

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 pm
Btw just wondering, for those who received a phone call and an interview. In which language were the interviews? In your native language or in one of the additional ones you mentioned in your application? And what kind of questions do they ask? bounce
AlexSml

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 pm
Hello everyone,

Last Friday, I've received the email stating that I've been shortlisted for a traineeship. It makes very clear that an offer is not guaranteed. So I was wondering: if all documents are complete and sent on time, then there shouldn't be any problem with the offer, right? Anyone knows something about this?

In addition, has anyone else applied for the journalistic option?

I hadn't received any phone call prior to this email. Or, at least, one that reached me.

Looking forward to seeing you in Brussels!

Alex
Els

Interviews Empty Process in last round

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:14 pm
I went through the thread from the intake in January and from what I understood, they have changed the process from previous years. Instead of two separate lists, one shortlisted and one waiting list, the ones shortlisted now also include those put on the waiting list. The candidate which is the first preference can expect to get an offer pretty soon after he or she sent in the requested documents but if you are only the second or third choice etcetera you won't really hear anything until and if the person being the first preference or second preference declines the offer. This also means that any lobbying at this point is too late as the list has already been made. Horrible procedure for us..but the info seems reliable as it comes from shortlisted candidates who were in contact with responsible people back in January. The same thread says that even people who were not called or asked for an interview recieved offers in the end.

Good luck to everyone Smile
Arowana

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:36 am
Hello everybody,
For those who are shortlisted-should we send the required documents in the original language or translated?
ralamaro

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 am
Hi all,

I applied for the internship of February, and Els has summarised pretty well how the new process works now. So, the ones who have received the email stating we are shortlisted we are either selected either put on the waiting list. Once we will send the documents, the ones who have been selected will be contacted (this can take hours or days), and the ones on the waiting list will not receive any answer unless somebody renounces, or until 15 days before the internship starts, when they send an email saying you have been rejected. It is a pretty nerve wrecking process, but people who did not expect that would be accepted were finally so you should not lower your arms Very Happy.

So as to the documents, I have read in the FAQs of the internship that they can be written in any of the EU official languages.

Good luck to everyone! Very Happy
MoritzG

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am
Hello everybody,

I applied for the traineeship starting in October and received a mail informing me that I was shortlisted.

When I was about to send my documents, I failed to find my application form that is to be printed, signed and scanned.

Can anybody help me here? Is there a way to access the application form (I know I should have just saved it when I was applying but I thought I could access it through the application portal which is closed now).

I would be very grateful for any kind of advise,

Best regards,
Moritz
ralamaro

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am
Hi Moritz,

They send it to you when you submit your application. It should be on your email inbox attached to an email of the European Parliament that was sent to you on the same day when you submitted your application.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum