Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+55
joanna.
daki
AlbertRoi
asdqwerty
raluca
Bxl_trainee
BiancaM
pb
ukrt13
UBC VAN
Lukrecja3333
zlorine
loba
dudu
lija
Missy_S
aphes2001
davinya
tama
saib
LLep
balkamos
KS2012
Donnie_Darko
fab
claudia.s
nr_9
libellule
Aneena
pal00norbert
Inna
Astor77
vvlv
natalia1988
lilix
lilli84
KitKat
risinmojo
kaca
sgd83
ECandidate
ChristopherTrainee
crvdatoc
nikkos
etusje
christian.fiore
mute01
vuoksi
sophee82
sentita
Elanor
Billy_Joe
Fm
choco
bocho
59 posters
Go down
bocho

Interviews Empty Interviews

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 am
I created this topic as to enable us to share information on interviews (i.e. phonecalls), if anyone will be introduced to such in the following days. Just give your shout, if the EC calls you and say which DG/unit was it, and whether you lobbied anyhow before.

From the previous sessions it is clear that the phonecall very often means that the person invloved has more chances to be oferred with the internship. Thus, it is good to know whether such inerviews have started and who is caliing.

Good luck guys. :-)
choco

Interviews Empty Re: Interviews

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 pm
I have been called by DG COM this morning. They said that they made a list of people they will call today and they would let me know by the end of the day if they can give me an offer.

After I received an e-mail yesterday saying that I am preselected, I sent a short motivation e-mail with my CV to the Unit I was especially interested in. This morning they said that they have seen my application and this e-mail.

The asked all sorts of questions about the things I stated in my CV- what was my thesis about, what were my duties within different internships. They also introduced their Unit and the tasks that I can expect.

That's about it. I hope I'll receive a second phone call today! Smile
Fm

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:29 pm
Congratulations!! That is so fast. Did you send your email to the address provided or to a specific person?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:10 pm
Wow! That was fast! Same question as Fm, to which email did you write?
Billy_Joe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:13 pm
do you guys know if there is any way of accessing my application form I validated and sent to Traneeship Office? I am thinking of lobbying and of attaching my CV (app. file) but well I didn't save it anywhere on my laptop (very smart of me). Can i still access it somewhere and save to a PDF file? I don't even remember well which DGs I have chosen as the 2nd and 3rd choice. Luckily remember the 1st one Wink
Billy_Joe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:19 pm
@ choco: getting a phone call just the next day after receiving the e-mail about the preselection result was really quick. maybe they only contacted those who lobbied? hmmm

DG COMM.. hmm i might have applied too but ... don't rememebr Smile og well, looks like they have already made their decisions or are just making it.

i think lobbying is crucial for those who want to get placed. thats my opinion.
Elanor

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:30 pm
Wow, that was fast! I haven't even had the time to send out an e-mail yet. Guess I'll start right away!
choco

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:39 pm
I sent and email to the head of unit. I guess this was really quick. All I can do now is to wait for another call. Anyway, I will let you know what happened Smile
Billy_Joe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm
choco, what did you say in the e-mail in general? did you attach the app. form (so called CV here) or any other document, pure CV?
sentita

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:22 pm
I contacted DG Clima. I just shortly introduced myself and said why I think I am suitable and why I want to work there. I hope to hear from them either way.

Do you think it is smart to write to several? There are others I would be interested in...
sophee82

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 pm
Hi! I am new to this group, I have started to read the forum yesterday, when I found out I was preselected as well. I did not receive any phone calls, not yet, do not panic, i will surely let you know when it happens... if it happens.

I have a question related to the application. I have noticed that some of you are talking about the DGs we have opted for in the application form. Please somebody shoot me, but I do not remember opting for any DGs in the application form and I have it, downloaded to my computer (unlike others, sorry, Billy_Joe Wink). What I have on the application form is just the employment area, that is all. Or maybe it just me and I experience a total loss of memory. Thanks anyway guys and good luck to us all!
vuoksi

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 pm
Previously (at least about a year ago) you had to specify three DG:s of your preference, but you are right, not this year, just a the more general area of employment. Perhaps some of us are a bit confused after applying more than once. Hard to know how this will impact the applications too, today I sent a couple of e-mails to heads of specific units I'm interested in but also a couple of the more general addresses they provided us with in the preselection e-mail, I shall report if something happens...
Billy_Joe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm
anyway, i don't remember the other two areas of interest either. i knew it wasn't the exact DG this time but if you let's say chose some health issues as the area of your ineterst it's obvious you're interested in a traineeship in DG SANCo for instance...

hmm wondering what were my choices... Wink so stupid not to save it on my laptop, ehh Wink
vuoksi

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 pm
I think it was only one area of interest this time (but am not absolutely sure as I am not on my own laptop and can't check the application right now).
Elanor

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm
Yes, it was only one area of interest you had to choose!
sophee82

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm
Thank you for shedding light on my confusion Smile. Indeed you are right, this year we had to choose only the area of employment, just one, that is all. No DGs ore other preferences.
mute01

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm
Hi, I received a phone call 30 minutes ago. I haven't lobbied. The phone call was from the financial department.
Billy_Joe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm
ah OK, so i got really confused about this choice issue now. it doesn't matter anyway.

wow, so you people got phone calls really fast. i think those who have some financial bacground either education or work experience have high chances to be chosen not only cos money is a crucial issue but almost all (if not all) the DG have units that only deal with finance and accounting. any single one i would say. sooo lots of places availavle Wink
Billy_Joe

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm
p.s. mute01- what did they ask you?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm
And mute01 when you say "finance department" do you mean a specific FINANCE and ECO directorate or just finance department in some completely different DG?
mute01

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:30 pm
To Billy_Joe: He asked me if I am available and interested in the internship and about my french knowledge. The rest of time he was describing the work of his DG. The interview was in english and took about 5 minutes.
mute01

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm
Mdenic85, I mean finance and eco DG.
bocho

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm
I sent some e-mails with CV and app. form today. Not so many, ca. 7-8, mainly in connection with legal area of employment. So now I can only wait for some response. :-)
christian.fiore

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 pm
@bocho: whic adresses you sent email? not only Dg has hed of unit adresses! thank u!
choco

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 pm
So, people, I told you earlier this day that I had an phone interview with DG COM. They called me a few hours later to offer me a position! How crazy is this?! Very Happy
Elanor

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 pm
Wow, that's amazing! congrats choco!
christian.fiore

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 pm
Congratulations Choco!! did u send email to heach head of office or just to the emails attahced in our preselection message? thank u!!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 pm
WOW! Congrats choco!
etusje

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 am
Choco, this is great news!!! And amazingly quick!! I am happy for you, and also curious which unit it is in particular where you've been offered a position, as I also targeted DG COMM myself... so I wonder generally what are my chances left, because based on your words COMM was really fast this year by filling up their places.. or maybe it is only your unit within COMM that was extra quick this year? Of course we cannot know this, but I really hope that the other units within COMM are still searching for candidates. Anyways, it would be so good to see some figures from the EC about how many trainee positions (and at which units) the DG's have still open and have open at all, so that the poor "wishing-to-be" trainees would have less agony that they still have chances. Because, it could be that all my efforts to write the letters were in vain, the places could already be filled up, or the units I wrote to could not even have trainee position openings this year at all. I feel like now shooting in the dark a bit... nevertheless, congratulations to Choco, at least one person is already saved from the following days of agony.... good for you!! Smile
choco

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 am
Thank you, everyone.
I was contacted by Unit Energy & Environment. I sent an e-mail to the Head of Unit previously, just a few hours after I received the confirmation that I have been pre-selected. I don't know if this e-mail was of any help, they did not mention it on the phone. They just said that my profile suits the Unit.

They also said that I will receive a formal offer in January because all selected candidates will officially be informed at the same time.

I really think that my case was an exeption and that the other Units are not that quick.

Good luck to everyone. There is still a lot of time left!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum