Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+55
joanna.
daki
AlbertRoi
asdqwerty
raluca
Bxl_trainee
BiancaM
pb
ukrt13
UBC VAN
Lukrecja3333
zlorine
loba
dudu
lija
Missy_S
aphes2001
davinya
tama
saib
LLep
balkamos
KS2012
Donnie_Darko
fab
claudia.s
nr_9
libellule
Aneena
pal00norbert
Inna
Astor77
vvlv
natalia1988
lilix
lilli84
KitKat
risinmojo
kaca
sgd83
ECandidate
ChristopherTrainee
crvdatoc
nikkos
etusje
christian.fiore
mute01
vuoksi
sophee82
sentita
Elanor
Billy_Joe
Fm
choco
bocho
59 posters
Go down
Elanor

Interviews - Page 3 Empty Re: Interviews

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm
ECandidate, congrats! Which DG was that?
lilix

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 pm
Hey guys, sorry but i m starting to be a little nervous...Does anybody know oif EEAS select trainees through interview?
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 pm
Elanor wrote:ECandidate, congrats! Which DG was that?

I am not sure I can be happy about this already, but thanks Smile

It was DG Development and Co-Operation.

And when I got the pre-selection e-mail I sent e-mails to some DGs whose addresses were at the bottom and got an authomatic reply from DG Enterprise & Industry saying their Heads of Unit had until 14 December to select their favorite candidates and indicate them to the Traineeship Office.
ECandidate

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 pm
natalia1988 wrote:Hello Smile I would like to ask you if anybody have already had an interview from DG SANCO or DG AGRI?
I would be grateful for you answer.
Kind regards Smile

I have a friend who had an interview today with a Head of Unit from DG SANCO, she had lobbied to that unit and the lady called without notice.

Another unit in DG SANCO she had lobbyied to told her they had already picked their candidate "who has a very scientific background".
Elanor

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:19 pm
ECandidate wrote:

And when I got the pre-selection e-mail I sent e-mails to some DGs whose addresses were at the bottom and got an authomatic reply from DG Enterprise & Industry saying their Heads of Unit had until 14 December to select their favorite candidates and indicate them to the Traineeship Office.

Thanks, well, I think it's a very big compliment that you already got shortlisted! Now keep your fingers crossed that the call went well!

I guess that means that my chances for DEVCO are gone. Sad

natalia1988

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 pm
Dear ECandidate, thak you so much for your replay. I am very grateful. Could I ask you which Unit was the DG SANCO, as I got an interview two days ago, and I would like to know if this was about me Smile I would be very grateful.
Kind regards Smile
ECandidate

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 pm
natalia1988 wrote:Dear ECandidate, thak you so much for your replay. I am very grateful. Could I ask you which Unit was the DG SANCO, as I got an interview two days ago, and I would like to know if this was about me Smile I would be very grateful.
Kind regards Smile

I don't know which unit it was, but I can ask her and let you know then Smile good luck!
natalia1988

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 pm
Thank you very much for all your help Smile I would be soooooooooo grateful, as I am freaking out now... because they called me, than sent an e-mail asking me if I am interested, and they they wrote: As I said in my earlier e-mail, no decision has been taken. But I will inform the person responsible for trainees that you are interested and they will be in touch with you. ... ?!?!
Thank you once again and I am looking forward to hearing from you Smile
ECandidate

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 pm
natalia1988 wrote:Thank you very much for all your help Smile I would be soooooooooo grateful, as I am freaking out now... because they called me, than sent an e-mail asking me if I am interested, and they they wrote: As I said in my earlier e-mail, no decision has been taken. But I will inform the person responsible for trainees that you are interested and they will be in touch with you. ... ?!?!
Thank you once again and I am looking forward to hearing from you Smile

But if you read the previous messages of people who got interviews and even myself, that is what everyone is being told: that the interviews are non-binding, they are interested in us and will forward our profile to the traineeship office and the next contact will be from them... so I guess we will only know something for sure in January with the official e-mail. What bothers is that having this interviews is good and all, but you never know how many people they are interviewing for the same position and who will be chosen at the end... we may be getting excited now for this responses and then end up not get chosen in the end! But lets hope for the good Smile
natalia1988

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm
You are absolutely right. But lets hope now Smile Thank you once again. And all the best, good luck Smile Smile
vuoksi

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 am
Elanor wrote:
ECandidate wrote:

Thanks, well, I think it's a very big compliment that you already got shortlisted! Now keep your fingers crossed that the call went well!

I guess that means that my chances for DEVCO are gone. Sad

Not absolutely necessarily. After all, some heads of unit might just shortlist their 3 candidates without interviewing them, you never know. Obviously this makes me sceptical about getting anything at DEVCO as well but considering that there aren't really any completely unified procedures we can't know until we get the selection/non-selection e-mail.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 pm
I also sent 2-3 email to DEVCO Units, and I think I got from all of them that they selected the candidates. I cannot really remember which Units were, but I guess DEVCO was really fast in making decision
But I agree with vuoksi, you never know if you are among those selected candidates, maybe they will just forward the list to traineeship office.
vuoksi

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 pm
Interesting that you got some replies (too bad they weren't as you hoped). I lobbied 3 units (perhaps even 4?) and haven't heard a peep from any of them.
Elanor

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 pm
same for me. I didn't get any replies from DEVCO!
lilli84

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:15 pm
I only got one NO from a unit in DEVCO, but that's about it, no other answer Rolling Eyes

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 pm
Hi guys, I got a call today from some department (I did not really get where do they belong in the structure of EC), which works with several DGs (Competition, Environment, Enterprise...). They told me that they will put on on the shortlist of candidates and soon I will get the respond.

What the woman told me, and I find relevant for everyone here is that the BLUE BOOK was open now for all DG (I really thought they all had already access) and I (WE) should expect more contact and calls from Monday.
Elanor

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:33 pm
Oh thanks Mdenic! That's great to hear. Hopefully we'll get some more calls/e-mails next week then!

and congrats on getting shortlisted! Smile
KitKat

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm
mdenic85, thanks for the info! Maybe some DG's have priority access to the blue book? But that's weird! Shouldn't they all be able to choose at the same time?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:40 pm
I was also thinking the same, KitKat! But I heard this now Shocked

Maybe depending of area of interest that we choose in our application, some DG have first access.

Thanks Elanor! This so weird, I did not even send the single email to those DG, but I have to admit they do really similar stuff that I do at my work, I guess I was interesting because of that.
vvlv

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 pm
Just got of the phone from interview with EACI. Worst interview ever, so many technical questions and I was so nervous I forgotten the most logical things and answers to simple questions. Whats the point of having two and a half academical degrees if you cant get your s*** together Sad

Anyway they have selected 5 candidates and will give their answer till Christmas. Good luck to the rest 4 candidates to this position Smile
lilix

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Can I ask you which kind of technical questions did they ask you? I m applying for other DGs, but i m worry they might do the same!
natalia1988

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm
Lilix:
Today I was called for the third time, it was DG AGRI and they asked me also some specific queations... about the function of the Unit, if I know the regulations on a specific agricultural area... etc. It was quite hard. Will see. I still hope for the two calls from DG SANCO Smile
Regards Smile
vvlv

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:58 pm
About all the programs EU has for SME and innovation support (list 3 programs you would advise for an SME to use, what better to use consultations or grants provided, why?), connection between EACI and EC, how do they report to each other, how do they work together, what kind of support EACI provides to entrepreneurs all about CIP program what subsections does it have, what do they do and support.

There were 3 people in the room interviewing.
lilix

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 pm
Thanks guys!! That s really helpful!!! Fingers crossed for all of us!!
Elanor

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:37 pm
Just got a "thank you for your interest in our department" e-mail from an EEAS unit I contacted. So at least I got a reply after one week!
Astor77

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm
Elanor wrote:Just got a "thank you for your interest in our department" e-mail from an EEAS unit I contacted. So at least I got a reply after one week!

Nice! I haven't heard from them. May i ask what unit it was and what else they wrote?
Elanor

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:17 pm
Astor77 wrote:

Nice! I haven't heard from them. May i ask what unit it was and what else they wrote?

Hi! It was a message from the Americas unit. They said their selection of candidates is now ongoing, and they can't guarantee a traineeship in their department (I guess that means they don't know yet if they'll get a trainee at all?). She said they'll contact me in case I am successful. So just a general message really, but it's good to hear something at least!
Inna

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:15 am
Hi guys,

Thanks to all for the useful info. I was wondering if any of you received a personalized e-mail/phone call from BEPA? And how about DG COMM or EACEA?

I was interviewed yesterday by a nice lady from DG ENLARG, but unfortunately she informed me today by e-mail that I was not her first choice Sad
pal00norbert

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 am
Hy everyone,

I received an e-mail from the Commission letting me know that my traineeship application has successfully passed the first stage of the selection procedure. I didn't lobby, because I didn't think it's necessary, big mistake... I was not contacted by them. However, I would like to know how to do things the next time I apply. So I would like to pose a couple of questions hoping that somebody will be kind enough to answer them.

1. How do you find the contact details of the heads of DGs? I tried searching on their sites, but no personal e-mail addresses.

2. Could someone maybe send me a sample letter of what do you exactly write to these heads of DGs and how long your letter should be? Any help would be highly appreciated, my e-mail address is: pal00norbert@yahoo.com

p.s. don't worry, I won't steal your place, I just want to know how to do it next time if I'm selected.
Aneena
Aneena

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am
Norbert - no offence, but as a candidate for a traineeship you should be able to write a short motivation letter yourself. Also the question how the e-mails of the European Commission officials are constructed was mentioned on the forum tens of times, google the e-mail address of Barroso, or any other person from the Commission you know and it will be quite obvious Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum