Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+55
joanna.
daki
AlbertRoi
asdqwerty
raluca
Bxl_trainee
BiancaM
pb
ukrt13
UBC VAN
Lukrecja3333
zlorine
loba
dudu
lija
Missy_S
aphes2001
davinya
tama
saib
LLep
balkamos
KS2012
Donnie_Darko
fab
claudia.s
nr_9
libellule
Aneena
pal00norbert
Inna
Astor77
vvlv
natalia1988
lilix
lilli84
KitKat
risinmojo
kaca
sgd83
ECandidate
ChristopherTrainee
crvdatoc
nikkos
etusje
christian.fiore
mute01
vuoksi
sophee82
sentita
Elanor
Billy_Joe
Fm
choco
bocho
59 posters
Go down
KS2012

Interviews - Page 5 Empty Re: Interviews

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 pm
Billy_Joe wrote:KS2012 - thanks for the info. Which unit have you e-mailed?

It was D2-Culture Programme and Actions Smile
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 pm
I received a call today from a unit in DG ECFIN asking about some aspects of my CV, describing the work they will be performing in the upcoming months and if I was interested in that kind of work. They said those usual things about being a non-binding interview and that the next contact would be from the traineeship office.

I also got an e-mail from an unit in DG Internal Market, where the secretary wrote that I was on the shortlist from the Head of Unit and that I should wait from a decision from the traineeship office.

So far I had 3 interviews of this kind and this one e-mail, so I want to assume I am on the selected names that were communicated to the traineeship office by these all 4 units.

No reference to being their favorite candidate, or having reserved me on the blue book... but I hope that being on the selected list of 4 units will guarantee me a place in the end. Let's wait Smile
natalia1988

Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm
I have the same situation as you ECandidate. Althoug I am trying to be positive, the feeling of uncertainty is killing me Sad Good luck to you for the selection process Smile
balkamos

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm
Also, I don't how many of you have linked but on the Commission's profile http://www.linkedin.com/company/european-commission?goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=top_nav_home[/url]

the post goes like that: European Commission has a new Stagiaire at DG CONNECT and then the name of the trainee ''.... is now Stagiaire at DG CONNECT''. It seems as if some DGs(DG MARE,Enterprise and Industry, Competition, CONNECT ) have already made their min
ECandidate

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 pm
balkamos wrote:Also, I don't how many of you have linked but on the Commission's profile http://www.linkedin.com/company/european-commission?goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=top_nav_home[/url]

the post goes like that: European Commission has a new Stagiaire at DG CONNECT and then the name of the trainee ''.... is now Stagiaire at DG CONNECT''. It seems as if some DGs(DG MARE,Enterprise and Industry, Competition, CONNECT ) have already made their min

Those were posted 1 month ago and if you check the person's profile you see they have listed they are blue book trainees since October (maybe they just decided to update it a month ago), so these are current trainees, not the ones starting in March.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:04 pm
ECandidate, maybe you should have asked them in which positions you are on those 4 lists and knowing that you are at least one on No. 1 will make you relax Very Happy I did like that, as I wrote today.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:14 pm
Hi guys!

First time posting, but checking regularly.. Smile

Did anyone try to get any info about being short-listed by DG by contacting traineeships office?

I lobbied to DG ECFIN and BUDGET but didnt get any reply so now I am thinking that maybe TO can give me some informations...
lilli84

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 pm
In fact, it seems a good idea, and it's worth a try. We have the right to ask the info, but they might tell us that they don't have anything on us, to then be chosen later....dunno, actually, we better ask, we don't lose anything trying!!
ECandidate

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 pm
meteoduki wrote:Hi guys!

First time posting, but checking regularly.. Smile

Did anyone try to get any info about being short-listed by DG by contacting traineeships office?

I lobbied to DG ECFIN and BUDGET but didnt get any reply so now I am thinking that maybe TO can give me some informations...

I thought about that too, contacting the TO and ask if we were already reserved on the blue book or something...

If you lobbied once and didn't get any reply, I suggest that you send a second e-mail explaining you just wanted to confirm that they have received your previous e-mail and taking the chance to restate you are still interested in that Unit... in DG ECFIN I had no reply to my first e-mails (sent after knowing I was on the blue book), but then last week I decided to send that second e-mail to all unist I had previously contacted and almost all of them replied saying 1) they would not host a trainee for this session, 2) I did not have the economics background they looked for and 3) I got a call today from one of those units saying they selected me as one of their preferences Smile so it worked! At least to know regarding which ones you can still be hopeful about, or which ones you can cut off immediately because they will not be hosting trainees...
kaca

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 am
You can always try, but I asked the TO about my status (as I have another offer which I had to accept this week) and I´ve got no answer, not even a simple "we can´t provide this kind of information"...so good luck with that Wink

mdenic85: Congrats, you see, the stress was worth it after all Very Happy
lilix

Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 am
Got it!!! They called me from DG DEVCO and told me I ve been selected as their trainee!!! Now I just have to wait for the official offer!!
Elanor

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 am
Congrats Lilix! Did they interview you before?
lilix

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 am
Nope!! Just sent them an email and my CV. That s all!
LLep

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 am
Congrats !

Can you tell me wich unit it was ?

lilix

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 am
Unit H. Asia and Pacific. Anybody else?
LLep

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 am
May I ask you what "profile" you have, because I also lobbied to that unit Smile !
lilix

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:42 am
Sure. Two masters degrees. One focused on Asia Pacific Security. 6 month internship for a UN agency in South East Asia and a year working experience working on development projects in Europe. You?

Did u lobby the unit? Maybe they will call you later today. Smile

LLep

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am
Thanks, I hope they will !

I have a double masters degree in European and International affairs. I did a exchance semester in Hong Kong on asian development studies and have several professional experiences in sustainable development and international cooperation, but obviously you're fit for the job Smile !
natalia1988

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:50 am
Did anybody get any news from DG SANCO or DG AGRI?
lilix

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:07 pm
Llep, your experience sounds very solid to me! I m sure u stand good chances of being selected!!! Have u lobbied any other unit?
LLep

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 pm
I've sent e-mails to pretty much all the Asian units in DEVCO/ECHO/EEAS but I haven't heard anything so far, so I've jut sent round 2 of lobbying e-mails.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 pm
Congrats Lilix!
crvdatoc

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm
I received a call from another Unit, which tell me that he is interested in my profile, but tell me that another DG has already indicated an interest in my application, so he therefore no longer have the possibility to select me as a potential stagiaire.

Is it normal? What I can do?
What if the other DG don't select me for the trainsheep? Will I lose all the opportunities?
claudia.s

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:32 pm
Hi everyone!

I was choosen by 2 offices that do more or less the same thing, but one is in DG enterprise, and they do mostly policy development. the other is at the EACI and they pretty much implement what the DG decides....

The thing is, they told me i would have to chose where i would like to go, and they explained to me what they wanted me to do there. but i can't decide. policy development sounds very interesting, but what can you tell me about that? will it be very bureaucratic and/or boring!? ^^

i already work with implementation and i know i like it, so should i try the other side? ..

Thanks!! good luck!!!
Donnie_Darko
Donnie_Darko

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 pm
So nobody has been contacted by DG Environment in regards to interviews, preferences, etc.?

After reading forum topics past and present my theory is that DG Environment is one of those DGs that doesn't say anything until official announcements are made.

Correct me if I am wrong fellow EC Traineeship Forum members and other applicants.

how i feel sometimes about sending my application..
saib

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 pm
How about DG EAC or ECHO? Has anyone been contacted by them: interviews, mails (besides the standard ones), etc?
Did you guys receive any e-mail from DG ECHO telling they finished their selection?
tama

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 pm
ChristopherTrainee wrote:Indeed, this seems to be the procedure. And some units does not seem to know if they recieve a trainee, so even beeing on the top of a wishlist does not ensure that we are in. Sad Anyone heard from ESTAT yet? A HoU sent me a mail that I have to be patient and he will come back to me but since one week no news from him. Sad

Hello! Ten days ago I sent an email to Eurostat (to the generic email the traineeship office provided), saying that I was interested in a traineeship in a unit of them, and all I got was an auto-reply.
vvlv

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 pm
claudia.s wrote:Hi everyone!

I was choosen by 2 offices that do more or less the same thing, but one is in DG enterprise, and they do mostly policy development. the other is at the EACI and they pretty much implement what the DG decides....

The thing is, they told me i would have to chose where i would like to go, and they explained to me what they wanted me to do there. but i can't decide. policy development sounds very interesting, but what can you tell me about that? will it be very bureaucratic and/or boring!? ^^

i already work with implementation and i know i like it, so should i try the other side? ..

Thanks!! good luck!!!

That means you were the lucky one Smile EACI wrote to me that from 5 final candidates they have chosen one and it's not me. Good luck with your traineeship, still hope to hear something from RTD.
davinya

Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 pm
saib wrote:How about DG EAC or ECHO? Has anyone been contacted by them: interviews, mails (besides the standard ones), etc?
Did you guys receive any e-mail from DG ECHO telling they finished their selection?

Hi saib!

I received an automatic email from DG ECHO yesterday evening.. they said they have closed the selection process and that all lists were sent to the Traineeship's Office.. nothing at all about my status Sad
Elanor

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:09 pm
Oh, ECHO finished already? Never heard back from them after they called me to ask about my availability... Neutral
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum