Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying process

+85
Ingen
diana_jarv12
msg
cp2010
sgarei
magdalena_
simonsimon
ElizabethBennet
agri trainer
Deny
isa5
yian11a
cagliostro70
Slutsky
Dingo
mmcdonald
soof
HearSay
paula88
chilled
vomit75
Someuropa
cazz_89
manuyoo
europe4all
Ena
amra
AM123
gabor89
graninigloups
Londoner
sandman
SuSa11
elvis4ever
D.A.G
Ania
palua
thomas04
Sasha89
Thaily
mms
slav
MarkVHS
roller_coaster
joel1
nikolina.m
Molina
ejkej
EUtrainee
V88
beebee
alex88
angelapia
suzan
messi88
zupa24
Kat227
maud158
LaLaLand
ccro
msjoy
law2law
MarketaCZ
Lawyer10
Saar
keenbeans
XantManos
heda
Mims
Raluca_M
etoilefilante
DeZavala
Bleue
kris123
Petroselinum
MartaPL
coolup
Linnamaria
blinkblink
MissQuin
grazia
lucia_roman
Lidohan
NicBed
cjlind87
89 posters
Go down
graninigloups

Lobbying process - Page 19 Empty Re: Lobbying process

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:39 pm
Someuropa wrote:
graninigloups wrote:
Someuropa wrote:
ElizabethBennet wrote:Hi there,

I did not receive any email. Did anyone receive any update from DESK 3? Was someone selected for HOME?

Thanks Wink

I'm also hoping to get an offer from HOME, but I still haven't received anything..

I get offered a placement at DG HOME affairs - Internal Security - Crisis Management and Terrorism.

Someone else in DG Home?

Congratulations graningloups!  Smile   Could you share what kind of background you have? That would really be of value to me.. thanks!

Thanks a lot Someuropa! Smile

My background is mostly about political science, political economy, european studies and a bit of economics. I've been working for 6 months now in the security sector (travel risk management, terrorist threat, energy-related issues)

Hope this helps!

And did you also apply to EEAS?
lucia_roman

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:48 pm
Congratulations to those of you selected!
Heads up for those not having received the expected response! I strongly advise you to continue applying for the next sessions.

The current representative body of the stagiaires - the Stage Committee - has already set up a Facebook account for the October Batch. Once you will have formally accepted the offer, please feel free to register. You can access the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/280797045434645/?fref=ts

Someuropa

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:50 pm
Thank you for the info graninigloups! This is the first time that I have applied and I'm happy that I at least got pre-selected!

No not EEAS, my prefered unit is DG Home Unit B1 or B2. Did anyone get an offer from these units? Thanks in advance!
kris123

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:52 pm
I was selected by EAC, unit A4. However, I wanted to go to Eurostat.
I lobbied in Eurostat, got just a general answer. Then I got an interview from EAC (where I did not lobby) and I told them that my first choice was Eurostat (I basically declined the offer so I have no idea how come they selected me).

Anyways, congratulations to everybody who was selected and good luck next time for the rest!
palua

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:58 pm
in too, DG ECFIN :-)
And I didn't lobby at all, so it's possible :-)

Just to be sure, we don't have to do anything but wait for the contract, right?

Congrats to everyone selected and all the best to the non-selected, it's really mainly a matter of luck!
msg

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:08 pm
V88 wrote:Congrats to everyone selected and best of luck in the next round for those  who didn't make it this time.
Anyone else here selected for DG Comp ? :-)

I'm in DG COMP too, Unit C4! Smile
diana_jarv12

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:49 pm
graninigloups wrote:
Someuropa wrote:
ElizabethBennet wrote:Hi there,

I did not receive any email. Did anyone receive any update from DESK 3? Was someone selected for HOME?

Thanks Wink

I'm also hoping to get an offer from HOME, but I still haven't received anything..

I get offered a placement at DG HOME affairs - Internal Security - Crisis Management and Terrorism.

Someone else in DG Home?

Hi there,

I am in DG Home. Can you tell me a little more about yourself?
diana_jarv12

Lobbying process - Page 19 Empty Congrats

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm
simonsimon wrote:I got in to legal service, not the unit i wanted though. Nevertheless i'm very happy :)see you in brussels!

Hi there! Congrats getting into Legal Service. I am in DG Home. My first choice was Legal Service, second Justice. I applied last year as well. I know that Legal Service does not interview. May I know your background. I am very curious Smile thanks Very Happy 
V88

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:11 pm
msg wrote:
V88 wrote:Congrats to everyone selected and best of luck in the next round for those  who didn't make it this time.
Anyone else here selected for DG Comp ? :-)

I'm in DG COMP too, Unit C4! Smile

Congrats! G.4 here (Cartels IV)
msg

Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 pm
Congrats to you too!!!! Hope to meet you soon  Very Happy 
D.A.G

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 am
Congrats to all those that got selected! I unfortunately didn't for the second time round Sad

So, I was wondering for those who got into Legal Service/ Justice to kindly let me know their background, education, experience please?

It would be a great help and highly appreciated! Smile
Ingen

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am
Is there anyone who hasn't got the selection results yet?  bounce 
graninigloups

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 pm
Just out of curiosity, is somebody thinking about rejecting the offer?  Question 
pericarvalho

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:16 pm
Ingen wrote:Is there anyone who hasn't got the selection results yet?  bounce 

I'm quite concerned about it as well. I did an interview and the head of the unit sent me an email weeks ago saying that I've been selected and that I should wait for the email now with more information. She even told me that they are looking forward to welcome me in the unit.

I don't know if they already sent a letter to all the selected people, but now I think the best is to wait a bit.
europe4all

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:25 pm
I don’t know if it is your case but usually Non-EU trainees receive the results weeks after EU trainees
pericarvalho

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:29 pm
well, i'm non-EU so it explains a lot.
Ingen

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:42 pm
yes, europe4all, it's my case as well. I just wonder why this time gap between EU and non-EU applicants arises...
Bleue

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 pm
graninigloups wrote:Just out of curiosity, is somebody thinking about rejecting the offer?  Question 

Yes Wink

The EC was not my only plan, and I received good news for other opportunities so I am considering rejecting it.
graninigloups

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:56 pm
Bleue wrote:
graninigloups wrote:Just out of curiosity, is somebody thinking about rejecting the offer?  Question 

Yes Wink

The EC was not my only plan, and I received good news for other opportunities so I am considering rejecting it.

Hey, thanks for the answer! Smile

And just another detail, if I may, which DG?  Surprised 
Emi1988

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 pm
Hey guys,

Congratulations to all who got selected. I'm also in but in a few weeks I will get info from another institution (non UE institution or agency). I'm thinking about accepting the offer from the EC (we must do it by 10th of June) But I was wondering whether it is possible to decline that offer after having accepted it, for example in July or August? Will there be any consequences? Thanks a lot for your help!!
kris123

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:51 am
Emi1988 wrote:Hey guys,

Congratulations to all who got selected. I'm also in but in a few weeks I will get info from another institution (non UE institution or agency). I'm thinking about accepting the offer from the EC (we must do it by 10th of June) But I was wondering whether it is possible to decline that offer after having accepted it, for example in July or August? Will there be any consequences? Thanks a lot for your help!!

From what I heard there are no consequences but it is unlikely they will chose you if you apply next term. (not sure if true or just rumours)
soof

Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:25 pm
thanks to whoever declined their offer.   Surprised   i'm in now too!!!! see you in october! Very Happy 
diana_jarv12

Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:45 pm
kris123 wrote:

From what I heard there are no consequences but it is unlikely they will chose you if you apply next term. (not sure if true or just rumours)

I don't think there will be any adverse consequences if you decline your offer. This is your right, and should be unaffected. I know a person who declined his offer for one year, but another related unit took him on, two years later.
paula88

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:38 pm
diana_jarv12 wrote:
kris123 wrote:

I don't think there will be any adverse consequences if you decline your offer. This is your right, and should be unaffected. I know a person who declined his offer for one year, but another related unit took him on, two years later.

I believe there is a difference between refusing the offer straight away (before the June 9th deadline) and accepting the offer THEN rejecting it at a later stage. Accepting the offer is similar to a formal agreement. If you tell them that you'll be there in October but refuse later on, they will have to call people on the waiting list, who might have already given up waiting and might have moved on to other jobs/internships. This could potentially be a problem for the unit in question, and you can expect them to be annoyed.
Emi1988

Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:45 pm
paula88 wrote:
diana_jarv12 wrote:
kris123 wrote:

I believe there is a difference between refusing the offer straight away (before the June 9th deadline) and accepting the offer THEN rejecting it at a later stage. Accepting the offer is similar to a formal agreement. If you tell them that you'll be there in October but refuse later on, they will have to call people on the waiting list, who might have already given up waiting and might have moved on to other jobs/internships. This could potentially be a problem for the unit in question, and you can expect them to be annoyed.

Thank you guys for your comments. I will think twice before making my decision!
Someuropa

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 am
soof wrote:thanks to whoever declined their offer.   Surprised   i'm in now too!!!! see you in october! Very Happy 

Congrats Soof!  Smile Could I ask you from which unit you got an offer?
soof

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:06 pm
Thank you, Someuropa! It's DG connect, Unit 02 (so the one I posted earlier about having this last-minute interview).
Keeping fingers crossed for you! Maybe there's also a nice surprise waiting for you  Smile 
nikolina.m

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:22 pm
First of all congratulations to all of you! Smile

I've accepted my offer for DG Budged, and I've got a draft of tasks that I will be perforimg during the 5-month period. My question is: are you going to/ planning to contact the person who is stated as your advisor or the unit befor the start of treineeship??
DeZavala

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:06 pm
nikolina.m wrote:First of all congratulations to all of you! Smile

I've accepted my offer for DG Budged, and I've got a draft of tasks that I will be perforimg during the 5-month period. My question is: are you going to/ planning to contact the person who is stated as your advisor or the unit befor the start of treineeship??

Hi Nikolina,

I contacted my advisor and the people from the unit I spoke with on the preselection phase. I thanked them for offering me the position, also told them that I officially accepted the offer and asked them for any material/docs that I could start reading to be up to date when starting the traineeship.

I think is a good idea to be in touch before starting, just in case you have any doubts to be solved or introducing yourself if you didn't have an interview with them.

Congrats for you too!
sgarei

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:26 pm
soof wrote:Thank you, Someuropa! It's DG connect, Unit 02 (so the one I posted earlier about having this last-minute interview).
Keeping fingers crossed for you! Maybe there's also a nice surprise waiting for you  Smile 

Hi soof, I'll be in DG CNECT Unit 02 too!

If you want to pm me your email, we could share our up to date knowledge about the traineeship.
Are you already in the "October 2014 Stage EU Commission" fb group?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum