Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying process

+85
Ingen
diana_jarv12
msg
cp2010
sgarei
magdalena_
simonsimon
ElizabethBennet
agri trainer
Deny
isa5
yian11a
cagliostro70
Slutsky
Dingo
mmcdonald
soof
HearSay
paula88
chilled
vomit75
Someuropa
cazz_89
manuyoo
europe4all
Ena
amra
AM123
gabor89
graninigloups
Londoner
sandman
SuSa11
elvis4ever
D.A.G
Ania
palua
thomas04
Sasha89
Thaily
mms
slav
MarkVHS
roller_coaster
joel1
nikolina.m
Molina
ejkej
EUtrainee
V88
beebee
alex88
angelapia
suzan
messi88
zupa24
Kat227
maud158
LaLaLand
ccro
msjoy
law2law
MarketaCZ
Lawyer10
Saar
keenbeans
XantManos
heda
Mims
Raluca_M
etoilefilante
DeZavala
Bleue
kris123
Petroselinum
MartaPL
coolup
Linnamaria
blinkblink
MissQuin
grazia
lucia_roman
Lidohan
NicBed
cjlind87
89 posters
Go down
Londoner

Lobbying process - Page 12 Empty Re: Lobbying process

Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 pm
Sasha89 wrote:Did you guys receive this too?

"Dear candidate,

On behalf of various Directorate Generals and Services of the European Commission, we would like to thank you for communicating your interest by contacting them, while declaring your motivation and willingness to undertake the October 2014 traineeship session.

Due to the current workload and the impressive number of such incoming emails from interested candidates, please kindly note that some of them might not necessarily receive a follow in means of an answer.  We count on your understanding and cooperation during the on-going selection process.

Thank you in advance and all the best,

The Traineeships Unit"

I did not thus far
MartaPL

Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 pm
I received it too, I guess it´s for all the preselected candidates.
I just really hope we can get the answer at the beginning of June...
manuyoo

yes i had... i would say that «we rock»  cheers 
LaLaLand

I did. I guess they are just overwhelmed by all the e-mails people are sending lately.
graninigloups

Thu May 22, 2014 6:49 pm
Just to share my experience:

So far I had no calls, no emails from the units I lobbied (some 50 emails sent..)
Today, as I was reiterating my interest for a specific unit, the Deputy head agreed to tell me that he booked me too late and that I was chosen by another unit.

That is why, before losing hope, consider the idea that you might have been selected by a unit without knowing it! (which is pretty stressful tho')

And to answer other comments, I do think that lobbying works, do not hesitate to contact Heads, Deputy Heads and even other people (policy adviser, assistants) within the unit.

Cheers up!
Sasha89

Thu May 22, 2014 7:07 pm
Hmm, I am wondering if those selected by a unit did not receive the email, because I think the TO sent a general email and BCC everyone. Londoner, have you been selected? What about you graninigloups, did you receive the email, as you know you are selected (or at least booked).

Also, Graninigloups, could you please tell us which unit?
coolup

Thu May 22, 2014 7:21 pm
I haven't received that e-mail yet.
Raluca_M

Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 pm
coolup wrote:I haven't received that e-mail yet.

Nor did I.
law2law

Thu May 22, 2014 7:47 pm
Those who haven't received the email have you been reserved by any unit or offered a position?
coolup

Thu May 22, 2014 7:54 pm
I had an interview in the first week, but nothing since then. They just told me I'll have to wait.
law2law

Thu May 22, 2014 7:58 pm
coolup wrote:I had an interview in the first week, but nothing since then. They just told me I'll have to wait.

Did you lobby for the interview?
DeZavala

Thu May 22, 2014 8:02 pm
Raluca_M wrote:
coolup wrote:I haven't received that e-mail yet.

Nor did I.

Me neither.

Maybe they're only sending emails to the ones that have contacted them lately. For example, when we sent our docs for the eligibility check, not everybody received the confirmation email, only the ones who sent them the last couple of days.

I'm not sure if I've been selected, so I wouldn't say they are sending the emails on that basis.

Londoner

Thu May 22, 2014 8:04 pm
Sasha89 wrote:Hmm, I am wondering if those selected by a unit did not receive the email, because I think the TO sent a general email and BCC everyone. Londoner, have you been selected? What about you graninigloups, did you receive the email, as you know you are selected (or at least booked).

Also, Graninigloups, could you please tell us which unit?

Not that I know (but I would like to do the Legal Services and I do not think that they contact applicants)
Londoner

Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 pm
To the people that did receive the email, did you lobby recently and if so, when?
Sasha89

Thu May 22, 2014 8:11 pm
Londoner wrote:To the people that did receive the email, did you lobby recently and if so, when?

I lobbied during the 5-7 May so pretty early actually
LaLaLand

Thu May 22, 2014 8:12 pm
Londoner wrote:To the people that did receive the email, did you lobby recently and if so, when?

I did lobby, but right after we got the confirmation that we're in the blue book :/
Londoner

Thu May 22, 2014 8:26 pm
My friend who had an interview did not get the email and her flatmate who got an offer did not get the email either
Sasha89

Thu May 22, 2014 8:30 pm
Londoner wrote:My friend who had an interview did not get the email and her flatmate who got an offer did not get the email either

My intuition was probably right, which if its true means bad news for some of us and good news for you Londoner Wink
XantManos

Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 pm
I received the same email today without lobbying or anything like that. On the one hand the EC informs the candidates that "There is no need to contact the Commission services at this stage" and on the other hand "we would like to thank you for communicating your interest by contacting them"...

I have only just understood the meaning of "LOL"
angelapia

Thu May 22, 2014 8:45 pm
Hi guys,
i have received it but I did not sent any lobbying email..
I have just emailed the people who interviewed me to acknowledge them.
So from what you are saying i guess i am out of the games again!!!:-(
Sasha89

Thu May 22, 2014 8:46 pm
XantManos wrote:I received the same email today without lobbying or anything like that. On the one hand the EC informs the candidates that "There is no need to contact the Commission services at this stage" and on the other hand "we would like to thank you for communicating your interest by contacting them"...

I have only just understood the meaning of "LOL"

XantManos you are right and I actually lobbied after going through this forum and understanding that the process could potentially be affected by lobbying. As for the EC message, the fact that they say there is no need but 'just in case' they list all of the DG emails (although most of the time you need to contact HoU) makes you think about a hidden message there, don't you think?  Very Happy 
Sasha89

Thu May 22, 2014 8:50 pm
angelapia wrote:Hi guys,

Angelapia, that is really a guess about a connection between the email and the selection which you should not take to seriously. It just looks a bit strange that some people got the email and some didnt. Maybe there is a very simple explanation, they forgot to copy and paste part of the emails or something similar. Don't lose hope  Wink 
angelapia

Thu May 22, 2014 8:52 pm
Sasha89 wrote:
angelapia wrote:Hi guys,

Angelapia, that is really a guess about a connection between the email and the selection which you should not take to seriously. It just looks a bit strange that some people got the email and some didnt. Maybe there is a very simple explanation, they forgot to copy and paste part of the emails or something similar. Don't lose hope  Wink 

:-D
thanks Sasha89 and good luck to everyone!
XantManos

Thu May 22, 2014 8:57 pm
Yes... I definitely agree with you.. but I would expect a more transparent procedure in EU level. I definitely accept the phone interview as a way to choose their trainees but this should not be associated with any lobbying attempt from the candidate's part. I certainty prefer the EP traineeship procedure.
paula88

Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 pm
Hi guys! About the emails, I may have a different theory. The fact that some people received it and others didn't is strange indeed. But isn't it just because we are allocated to different offices? For instance Desk 1, Desk 2, Desk 3, etc, of the traineeship office, as stated in the pre-selection email. What is the email address it was sent from, and when? Was it from one TO desk in particular? Thanks in advance for your response.
LaLaLand

Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 pm
paula88 wrote:Hi guys! About the emails, I may have a different theory. The fact that some people received it and others didn't is strange indeed. But isn't it just because we are allocated to different offices? For instance Desk 1, Desk 2, Desk 3, etc, of the traineeship office, as stated in the pre-selection email. What is the email address it was sent from, and when? Was it from one TO desk in particular? Thanks in advance for your response.

You're right, the e-mail is from the Education and culture DG.
Sasha89

Thu May 22, 2014 9:10 pm
XantManos, I also expected EC to be more transparent about procedures and even selection. When I decide to lobby, I thought: selecting a trainee is not a priority for any of these units, and probably they have limited time to deal with it. Thus, its easier for them to go through 30 or even 100 emails than look at more than 2500 profiles of the pre-selected in order to find their ideal candidate. In any case, not the best image for the EC which will probably lose its charm for many young people that go through this process.

Paola88 EAC-STAGES-PRESELECTIONS@ec.europa.eu, I never received something from this before and never lobbied to DG Education and Culture
paula88

Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 pm
OK, thank you for your response, although I'm even more confused now. It's a bit weird that you (LaLaLand and Sasha89) received the same email from 2 different email addresses...  Neutral
MissQuin
MissQuin

Thu May 22, 2014 9:23 pm
paula88 wrote:OK, thank you for your response, although I'm even more confused now. It's a bit weird that you (LaLaLand and Sasha89) received the same email from 2 different email addresses...  Neutral
Haha no they are the same I think. EAC = education and culture. But don't be fooled by that abbreviation. All the desk emails start with EAC too and the actual email address we are supposed to send our EAC inquiries to is different from this one.

Last edited by MissQuin on Thu May 22, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLand

Thu May 22, 2014 9:25 pm
paula88 wrote:OK, thank you for your response, although I'm even more confused now. It's a bit weird that you (LaLaLand and Sasha89) received the same email from 2 different email addresses...  Neutral

My bad, it might not be from that DG, I went through my e-mail and though it was the same address as the oen for Education and culture. Apparently it is not, sorry for the confusion  Very Happy 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum