Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying process

+85
Ingen
diana_jarv12
msg
cp2010
sgarei
magdalena_
simonsimon
ElizabethBennet
agri trainer
Deny
isa5
yian11a
cagliostro70
Slutsky
Dingo
mmcdonald
soof
HearSay
paula88
chilled
vomit75
Someuropa
cazz_89
manuyoo
europe4all
Ena
amra
AM123
gabor89
graninigloups
Londoner
sandman
SuSa11
elvis4ever
D.A.G
Ania
palua
thomas04
Sasha89
Thaily
mms
slav
MarkVHS
roller_coaster
joel1
nikolina.m
Molina
ejkej
EUtrainee
V88
beebee
alex88
angelapia
suzan
messi88
zupa24
Kat227
maud158
LaLaLand
ccro
msjoy
law2law
MarketaCZ
Lawyer10
Saar
keenbeans
XantManos
heda
Mims
Raluca_M
etoilefilante
DeZavala
Bleue
kris123
Petroselinum
MartaPL
coolup
Linnamaria
blinkblink
MissQuin
grazia
lucia_roman
Lidohan
NicBed
cjlind87
89 posters
Go down
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Lobbying process - Page 7 Empty Re: Lobbying process

Tue May 13, 2014 2:57 pm
Yey !  Very Happy What unit/DG it was?

EUtrainee

Tue May 13, 2014 3:02 pm
Petroselinum wrote:Yey !  Very Happy What unit/DG it was?

DG EAC-Sport Unit. So maybe we are not "competing" any more for Inter-institutional Units Smile and hopefully see you in Brussels!
etoilefilante

Tue May 13, 2014 3:33 pm
To add to the confusion, they definitely call at odd hours. 18:18h for me yesterday! I say we create a petition demanding more transparency in this process. This is a bit ridiculous!
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Tue May 13, 2014 3:38 pm
Hope you're glad !

Fingers crossed !  Wink 

palua

Tue May 13, 2014 3:44 pm
I was always called around noon...
But what i find really annoying is that they call with a hidden number...
so no chance of calling back or finding out which unit it was if you miss a call
MarkVHS

Tue May 13, 2014 3:59 pm
Etoilefilante,I declined the offer from the FYROM unit in the end,because unbeknownst to me the Serbia unit had already booked me. HR asked me which unit I preferred, so I picked Serbia because I'm much more interested in that country. I hope the FYROM unit will not be too pissed...
etoilefilante

Tue May 13, 2014 4:30 pm
Oh wow! When did you decline FYROM?
MarkVHS

Tue May 13, 2014 4:32 pm
An hour ago
etoilefilante

Tue May 13, 2014 4:36 pm
Ah okay gotcha. They left a rejection voicemail on my phone yesterday afternoon, lol. There is hope Very Happy
SuSa11

Tue May 13, 2014 5:31 pm
Hello guys,

If several units from different DGs flag candidates, who will decide from which unit you receive the final offer? Is there a indicate one's preference?

Also, I read that some people called the Traineeship Office. Does someone have their phone contacts? On the website I only find the contact form for emails.

Thanks everyone and good luck!
ccro

Tue May 13, 2014 5:40 pm
MarkVHS wrote:I sent a couple of lobbying emails on Sunday evening. On Monday I got impromptu calls from the Kosovo Unit and Serbia Unit of DG Enlargement. They both shortlisted me. On Thursday I got a call from the Macedonia Unit. The same evening the head of the Macedonia Unit called me and asked me if I wanted the traineeship. I had decide immediately. I accepted, even though it was not necessarily my first choice.

Lobbying really works. I did not lobby for the March 2014 sessions and received no calls. The calls I received this time were clearly the result of the emails I sent.

Good luck everybody!

Hey Mark,
I also had an interview with the Kosovo Unit and she mentioned something about the short list at the end, but it wasn't very clear. How did you find out you were shortlisted?
Congratulations on your offer!
Thanks
grazia

Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 pm
DEVCO B3 wrote me that they have already selected their candidate
law2law

Tue May 13, 2014 6:53 pm
Did anyone receive a call from the Legal Service?
sandman

Tue May 13, 2014 7:22 pm
Hello everyone,

This is the third time I get preselected and this time it looks I have been luckier as I got phone calls. I was called by ECHO and on the following day they called me back to confirm I am their top choice and that they will go ahead and book me with the TO Office, upon my agreement, of course. Yesterday I got a third call from them saying that they have already officially done so and that I should be expecting the final decision by mid June. I contacted the TO office and they confused me again. To my question "have I been reserved by any other unit" they answered "we do not have the right to intervene in the selection process as this is done by the different units/DGs". My concern is who intervenes in case more than one units books me. Who decides whom I should go with?

On another note, I was very happy with the professional attitude of ECHO interviewer who was so kind as to call me three times to update me on the status of my interview with them. He also asked me if any other units have called me.
suzan

Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 pm
Hej sandman! Congratulations! Can I ask you which unit at DG ECHO as I'm also waiting some news from them?
sandman

Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 pm
suzan wrote:Hej sandman! Congratulations! Can I ask you which unit at DG ECHO as I'm also waiting some news from them?

Hi Suzan, it was B4 European Neighbourhood, Middle East, Central and South-Western Asia. Hope it helps
suzan

Tue May 13, 2014 8:24 pm
Great, little relief! Hope to see you at DG ECHO! I received the same answer from the TO office, they don't seem very available in communicating you your status...
sandman

Tue May 13, 2014 8:35 pm
suzan wrote:Great, little relief! Hope to see you at DG ECHO! I received the same answer from the TO office, they don't seem very available in communicating you your status...

Hope so too, which is the unit you are interested in? Did they call you?
suzan

Tue May 13, 2014 8:38 pm
It's A3...I'm in the shortlist but that's all I know for now! Well, we'll see, hopefully before June 2nd
sandman

Tue May 13, 2014 8:41 pm
fingers crossed Smile
Ania

Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm
I have received the very same answer from the TO - so don't worry Smile

So no news from the Legal Service? Has anybody heard from them?
Sasha89

Wed May 14, 2014 12:40 pm
I just received an email from FPI/1 unit saying that:

"The selection of the trainees for the session beginning October 2012 has been finalised.

If you have been selected, the Traineeships Office will send you personnally a mail with all the necessary information."

I don't think anyone was questioning the fact that they have already selected the October 2012 trainee  Razz Exclamation Question 
zupa24

Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 pm
So as far as I was informed EEAS units have already selected the trainees as well as DG JUST Units C1 and C2, DG DEVCO B3 and DG JUST D1 wont have a trainee. Has anybody heard from the LS or DG JUST D4?
grazia

Wed May 14, 2014 1:09 pm
Dg JUST C1 already selected their trainee
heda

Wed May 14, 2014 1:24 pm
Hi!

Has anyone heard from DEVCO A1 and A2?
MissQuin
MissQuin

Wed May 14, 2014 1:28 pm
zupa24 wrote:So as far as I was informed EEAS units have already selected the trainees as well as DG JUST Units C1 and C2, DG DEVCO B3 and DG JUST D1 wont have a trainee. Has anybody heard from the LS or DG JUST D4?
Do you mean all EEAS units or some (I've seen some people mention a couple of units here)? Via the general email address I lobbied for Unit I.B.1 and I.B.2 but only got a (what looks like an) automatic reply.

I haven't heard a thing so far, so that is unfortunate.
zupa24

Wed May 14, 2014 1:32 pm
this is what i received yesterday from the general email but it was not an automatic reply:
".....On behalf of the EEAS I would like to thank you for your interest in working in our services. Unfortunately, the Heads of Divisions have chosen their trainees for this period and you were not selected this time...."

MissQuin wrote:
zupa24 wrote:So as far as I was informed EEAS units have already selected the trainees as well as DG JUST Units C1 and C2, DG DEVCO B3 and DG JUST D1 wont have a trainee. Has anybody heard from the LS or DG JUST D4?
Do you mean all EEAS units or some (I've seen some people mention a couple of units here)? Via the general email address I lobbied for Unit I.B.1 and I.B.2 but only got a (what looks like an) automatic reply.

MissQuin
MissQuin

Wed May 14, 2014 1:34 pm
zupa24 wrote:this is what i received yesterday from the general email but it was not an automatic reply:
".....On behalf of the EEAS I would like to thank you for your interest in working in our services. Unfortunately, the Heads of Divisions have chosen their trainees for this period and you were not selected this time...."

MissQuin wrote:

Aaah that is too bad. If I am not mistaken some people here did get contacted by EEAS (Maybe I'm wrong, I don't feel like reading all the way back). I'm going to choose to believe that no contact = no trainee place @ EEAS, so I can concentrate on other things again.
Londoner

Wed May 14, 2014 1:46 pm
For everyone interested in Legal Services.

I just had a look at the forum for the March 2014 traineeship and there it said that there were no interviews but people would just receive an email whether they had gotten it or not (I think the writer had lobbied).

That being said, I lobbied this year and they sent me a (French) reply that they didn't really do lobbying and what mattered for them is that you have put legal services as your first preference
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 pm
Some news about inter-institutional relations?  Neutral 

Thanks
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum