Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-selection

+66
Ivyspirit
pinhead
andradaiulia
GiannaS
Ellen1990
DiannaDia
MoreEU4all
Angelo1986
Laluna
Pras
mermaid123
DanRan
di37
idealia
lucia_roman
Roxana123
Cara90
reea06
FionaC
BSM
purple_rain
helenam
Abaris
halfelven
Milena99
nadia7
candidateLA
sabrina1011
Aouanna
Amby89
EUtrainee
Vonotar
Klaud26
Bani
mario.m
DeZavala
Oldschool
emmagong
Tihomir
L.Mandelli
a.sygnowska
atabdz
apo_gr
wiloo
Mafalda M
ARC86
Merinz
Jefe Gris
Sdk88
Christina.k
beetroot_dk
travisfull
Bosanka
Vanessa1708
Galina_K
aroiamm
cat
andresastorga
stevedale84
Negin
missla1987
Greenie
esekhina
konstantina88
pamg
SusannaV
70 posters
Go down
konstantina88

Pre-selection  - Page 6 Empty Re: Pre-selection

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:20 am
Hey! I was not pre-selected(i guess) but yesterday i sent an email to EC asking if we are going to receive an email informing us about .. they said that if we didn;t receive anything, we are probably not pre-selcted and we will receive an official email around the end of November.Here is the email answer when i ask if that we didn't receive anything, means that we are not pre-selected:

"If you have not received anything Yes, I'm afraid is what you said; in any case all the official messages will be sent out by the end of November."
DiannaDia

Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:58 pm
If we were pre-selected is there a risk not to be included in the Blue Book? or this status of pre-selected means that we have green light? Around what date in December will we be informed about the results?
MoreEU4all

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:33 pm
Hi DiannaDia. I guess that we will all be included in the VBB if we can prove everything we stated on our AF. As for the timing, I really hope we will get to know everything very soon because I am currently in a limbo situation...trying to choose among other internship opportunities. However I would say that the EC has complete priority among internships, and in Italy it seems that we only have intern vacations right now :-/
DiannaDia

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:07 am
I am wondering if we can apply to another internships from Council of Europe.. Btw, do u know some sites where I can find internships?
Ellen1990

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 pm
Hey Guys!

Do you know how the pre selection works? I am starting to get preetty worried. Has anyone ever experienced to be pre selected and then not selected for the blue book? Do you know how the selection works? Do you know how many people got pre/selected? I am so anxious, also because I am currently doing a 1 year master and it will finish next october so if I ever get selected I don't know what to do, also because I saw that you cannot defer the entry!!! Ayway if any of you wants to experience their experience give me a shout!!Smile
Ellen1990

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:16 pm
DiannaDia wrote:I am wondering if we can apply to another internships from Council of Europe.. Btw, do u know some sites where I can find internships?
Hellooo...I think you can as long as you didn't do any internships before!!Smile
MoreEU4all

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm
DInnaDia not only you can, but if it is what you are interested in you HAVE to apply for other internship opportunities within EU institutions. Choosing among various opportunities would be a luxury situation :-)
Ellen1990 the Virtual Blue Book will be composed of some 2500 profiles but only arond 650 get the offer in the end. However, you can find all the info in the traineeship website where it is fully and clearly explained how the 3-steps selection works.

Gooooooood luck
GiannaS

Pre-selection  - Page 6 Empty Translation Traineeship

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:26 pm
The only people that may still have a glimmer of hope are the ones that applied for the GDT ...

Today I received this reply that may be interesting for other Italian applicants:

The emails to the preselected candidates will be sent either tonight or Monday/ Tuesday, according to the information given by the Traineeships Office.
For your information we received 1007 Italian candidates for the March 2014 Session.
Yours sincerely,
Silvia Varela

Good luck everybody!

Gianna

konstantina88 wrote:Hey! I was not pre-selected(i guess) but yesterday i sent an email to EC asking if we are going to receive an email informing us about .. they said that if we didn;t receive anything, we are probably not pre-selcted and we will receive an official email around the end of November.Here is the email answer when i ask if that we didn't receive anything, means that we are not pre-selected:

"If you have not received anything Yes, I'm afraid is what you said; in any case all the official messages will be sent out by the end of November."
Merinz

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:18 am
Hi Gianna! I don't know if I understood what you wrote Very Happy
You contacted the Traineeship Office and they told you that on nov 22, 25 or 26 they're contacting other (= no contacted before) preselected candidates? Is that correct?

Which department did you applied for?
I applied for the legal service and I have to admit that i thought i had some chance to be preselected (fluent in English and French, currently attending Master's degree in law, great academic scores and previous internship experience at a Court of Criminal Trial ecc).

Unfortunatelly, as you wrote, tons of italians applied Very Happy And probably most of them have a law academic background.. Maybe my application wasn't enough solid mainly because i have no abroad work/traineeship experience. Who knows..

Any way i'm Marina, nice to meet you Gianna and, of course, nice to meet you ALL guys Wink

Ps what GDT stands for?

GiannaS

Pre-selection  - Page 6 Empty Translation Traineeship

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:21 am

Marina,

if you read the subject of my post,it concerns specifically the Translation Traineeship (GDT = General Division Translation). I believe all the preselected people for the Administrative traineeship have already been contacted. There is no preselection for the Translation division.

Gianna

Merinz wrote:Hi Gianna! I don't know if I understood what you wrote Very Happy
You contacted the Traineeship Office and they told you that on nov 22, 25 or 26 they're contacting other (= no contacted before) preselected candidates? Is that correct?

Which department did you applied for?
I applied for the legal service and I have to admit that i thought i had some chance to be preselected (fluent in English and French, currently attending Master's degree in law, great academic scores and previous internship experience at a Court of Criminal Trial ecc).

Unfortunatelly, as you wrote, tons of italians applied :DAnd probably most of them have a law academic background.. Maybe my application wasn't enough solid mainly because i have no abroad work/traineeship experience. Who knows..

Any way i'm Marina, nice to meet you Gianna and, of course, nice to meet you ALL guys Wink

Ps what GDT stands for?

Aouanna

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 pm
Hey everybody,

has anyone non-preselected for the administrative traineeship received the "rejection mail" yet? Sad 
MoreEU4all

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 pm
Hi Aouanna. The pre-selection phase will only finish around the first days of December. All the pre-identified (not pre-selected) received an e-mail but they will only be officially pre-selected for that date. So I guess all the non pre-selected ones will only receive their communication by that time. Still room for hope I guess.
lucia_roman

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:00 pm
Especially since some might not send their documents => some spots might once again be available!
andradaiulia

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:08 pm
You have to wait and see, there should still be room for hope. Anyway, I don't really get how this selection works. I know someone who last year was in the Blue Book, and this year wasn't even pre-identified. So...
lucia_roman

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:16 pm
Yeah, it is somewhat subjective. Thought there are some (confidential) evaluation grids, each evaluation committee member it judging the file according to his own scale of values in the end. If he considers an internship I've done more important that another's, he will give me more points, even if maybe the other one worked harder and learnt more during his traineeship. That's why if one year you get into the BB, the next one you might not: it depends a lot on the quality of your competition as well.
DiannaDia

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:02 am
andradaiulia wrote:You have to wait and see, there should still be room for hope. Anyway, I don't really get how this selection works. I know someone who last year was in the Blue Book, and this year wasn't even pre-identified. So...
There is one criteria very important to take in consideration..if you were once on BB there are no more chances to have another internship..
MoreEU4all

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:28 am
DiannaDia I don't get what you mean. Of course being pre-selected once doesn't ensure you will be preselected for other sessions. There are many variables to be considered such as number of applicants, nationality, age. However, tha fact of being in the VBB doesn't affect in any way the chances to get another internship. You simply have to re-apply and start it all over again :-)
Let's hope this is going to be our lucky strike guys.
Hav a nice waiting time...and a nice day!
DiannaDia

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 am
MoreEU4all wrote:DiannaDia I don't get what you mean. Of course being pre-selected once doesn't ensure you will be preselected for other sessions. There are many variables to be considered such as number of applicants, nationality, age. However, tha fact of being in the VBB doesn't affect in any way the chances to get another internship. You simply have to re-apply and start it all over again :-)
Let's hope this is going to be our lucky strike guys.
Hav a nice waiting time...and a nice day!
Actually..u can do only one internship, in this way they try to give this chance to all youth, imagine, you, doing every year 2 internships just because u have a great CV..this was the point, the same with other projects sponsored by EC
MoreEU4all

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:48 am
DiannaDia of course you are right. However we are speaking about being in the BB, which doesn't equal doing the internship. The BB is composed of nearly 2.500 profiles and only around 650 will do their internship.
DiannaDia

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:01 am
MoreEU4all..sure..u are right in this case..
andradaiulia

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 am
Indeed, MoreEU4all, the person I was talking about made it to the BB, but didn't get a traineeship after all.
DiannaDia

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:45 am
andradaiulia, and how will know in the end if we do a traineeship or not? suppose I have to offers, this one from EC and another..if I am pre selected and I say No to the second opportunity and in the end I dont do a traineeship, means I missed both chances?
andradaiulia

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:01 am
Unfortunately, being pre-selected for the BB isn't a guarantee that in the end (after the interviews, etc.) you will be offered a traineeship. From what I understand, in the BB are about 2000 of candidates, and only 600 are offered the opportunity. So, untill you receive a strong offer from the EC, if possible, you should keep your other options open.
MoreEU4all

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 am
andradaiulia wrote:Unfortunately, being pre-selected for the BB isn't a guarantee that in the end (after the interviews, etc.) you will be offered a traineeship. From what I understand, in the BB are about 2000 of candidates, and only 600 are offered the opportunity. So, untill you receive a strong offer from the EC, if possible, you should keep your other options open.
Yes andradaiulia is perfectly right. I guess we will all have this same problem. The EC selection is so long that in the meantime we need to look for other options. DiannaDia the official offers will be sent from middle of January. Up to then, you'd better leave every door open and, in case you will be selected, you will have the opportunity to choose the experience which fits the best with your future career plan.
DanRan

Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 pm
Hi everyone,
I sent couple of emails to belen and Desk5, regarding the score of my application or at least general feedback, but they did not get back to me. I am reading here that even not pre-identified people had received answers of their inquiries, which frustrates me, because I did not. I fully understand that the TO are very busy with verifying the documents etc., but if one person can receive feedback why should not others! Anyone else that have not heard back of them?
pinhead

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:28 pm
DanRan wrote:Hi everyone,
I sent couple of emails to belen and Desk5, regarding the score of my application or at least general feedback, but they did not get back to me. I am reading here that even not pre-identified people had received answers of their inquiries, which frustrates me, because I did not. I fully understand that the TO are very busy with verifying the documents etc., but if one person can receive feedback why should not others! Anyone else that have not heard back of them?
First of all, you are not saying exactly when you sent your e-mail to Desk5. In any case, it can't have been before Tuesday the 19th...I am sure you understand that they are currently checking over 2000x20 or 30=40 to 60 THOUSAND pages of pdf plus paper documents. So, I believe you should be more patient.Smile 

Second, I can't really understand the point of sending e-mail requesting the score (Question) or "general feedback". You should know that competition has been fierce during the last few years and the vast majority of people who are preselected hold at least one, and possibly more, masters degrees, already have extensive experience or substantial knowledge of EU issues, etc. Just because you or me hold these qualifications does not necessarily mean that we shall be pre-selected or given a contract, if there are candidates with something more relevant for the Commission.

But the most important thing is that the selection is in the absolute discretion of the Traineeship Office. The EU enjoys very wide discretionary powers when selecting its permanent personnel, and this is also admitted by the Court. Why would the same, even much wider, discretion not apply in the case of the selection of 5-month trainees?? Therefore, there is absolutely no point in asking for general feedback.
Ivyspirit

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 pm
GiannaS wrote:

I  believe all the preselected people for the Administrative traineeship have already been contacted. There is no preselection for the Translation division.

[/quote]
Hey! What do you mean there is no preselection for the Translation division? I'm not sure I understand, can you please explain? Thank you!
travisfull

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:04 am
What a fatigue guys...
its a long lasting process, only the brave can resist to it!
MoreEU4all

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:29 am
travisfull wrote:What a fatigue guys...
its a long lasting process, only the brave can resist to it!
Not only Travisfull, selection will only end after Christmas holidays...sooooo bad :-(
Will Belen give us a good present for New Years with the arrival of the Three Kings?? :-)
Ellen1990

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:39 am
Hey When do you think we will know something? NExt week?Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum