Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection Date

+74
bubble_of_euro
mGLG
pmo
ShefaniGirl
Irruiz
TomJV
kagathos
n.haroutun
candidatus
LukasCZ
hbrd
etetet
Rise and Shine
giedre.dud
LeireO
Marine92
gagelea.george
valentinusi
nicoleso
Roeslein
vic
rachaelrosen
Silvernight
HenryCaffarena
eskl
marble
tli210
NicoMartin
leighleigh
Baionarra
KarolisP
MrFr
checkit
danziger
Adraedia
Paola123
nonEUcandidate07
jessinkaaa
Tz
ec2016
azharm
Olghetta
NoMoreWords
elena_spain
candidate
Guillem
vespa86
Stan(Non-EU)
Interstellar
COP
Ioana'89
Mgx1412
RLM17
Macaviity
fee1991
Moritz
dreydrey
annabusdra
Razvan Nicolescu
Soleilvert
ros
JACOBS
PCRIng
Tangerine
Fouche
medinagj
BrownJulie
kostaryka
lucarte
lisa1989
lcf99
ansich
OleSea
FannyMA
78 posters
Go down
lisa1989

Preselection Date - Page 3 Empty Re: Preselection Date

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:27 pm
Totally agree with you Interstellar Sad It'd still be nice to know if all the pre-idenfication mails were send out at the same time ????
fee1991

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 pm
ansich wrote:
fee1991 wrote:Ansich they should send out emails either way, I wasn't preselected last session but i did receive an email informing I hadn't.

Just one more question. At what date did you receive the notification last year?

Sorry I just now read this. I applied for the October 2016 Traineeship, preselection was between February and May 2016 and I got my email first half of April, so I guess it was still during preselection.
ansich

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:22 pm
Thanks!
fee1991

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:23 pm
No problems Smile
Well, fingers crossed everyone, maybe we will receive an email tomorrow!
vic

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 pm
Hello everyone!

I have a little bit ridiculous situation, mainly, I know Russian due to bilingual situation in the country, so there's no way for me to prove the knowledge, but, the problem is, I didn't put it as a mother tongue in the application, but as a foreign language (However, I put in the comment field there that I know it due to bilingual situation in my country). What's now? Can I write them to explain/ask how to proceed, or should I include written statement explaining the situation. Do you think it's really bad and I will be kicked out because of this stupid mistake? Neutral
Does anyone know any contact where I can write to clear this out?

Best regards,
Victoria.
annabusdra

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:09 pm
Hi guys,
I'm Italian, and still no mail yet.
Two of my friends (both italians) applied and received no notifications either.
Last session I was pre selected (stupidly failed the eligibility check though Rolling Eyes ) and as far as I remember the EC had always sent emails even if you failed stating something like "we're sorry, you are X points under the threshold"
So I think best thing is to wait until tomorrow Smile
Roeslein

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:37 pm
annabusdra wrote:Hi guys,
I'm Italian, and still no mail yet.
Two of my friends (both italians) applied and received no notifications either.
Last session I was pre selected (stupidly failed the eligibility check though Rolling Eyes ) and as far as I remember the EC had always sent emails even if you failed stating something like "we're sorry, you are X points under the threshold"
So I think best thing is to wait until tomorrow Smile

This is my first application so I can't speak to that...

How did you fail the eligibility, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a bit concerned because the confirmation letter I received from the university where I did my Erasmus exchange (many years ago) states that I stayed longer than I actually did (and mentioned in the application), e.g. I say I left in June (which I did - had done all exams by then) but the letter says July (because the semester officially finished in July). I know they're quite picky about exact dates - not sure if something minor like this would be an issue?
eskl

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:36 am
Hey! I received an email as well. Very happy, also thankful to come from a small country as somehow I guess that helped.

I am very scared now to make mistakes in providing the right documents. I have a lot of work experience, and getting references quickly might be tricky (don't ask me why I didn't do it earlier, stupid me). I assume if I provide a contract with a start date but no end date it's not acceptable.

Also can somebody tell me more about this lobbying thing? If I want to be in a specific department, do I send emails? Sorry I am not familiar with this.

Thanks
annabusdra

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:49 am
Roeslein wrote:

I'm a bit concerned because the confirmation letter I received from the university where I did my Erasmus exchange (many years ago) states that I stayed longer than I actually did (and mentioned in the application), e.g. I say I left in June (which I did - had done all exams by then) but the letter says July (because the semester officially finished in July). I know they're quite picky about exact dates - not sure if something minor like this would be an issue?

I don't think it's going to be an issue. I had lots of documents to provide, some of them were very weak (like my b1 french level) but they accepted it.
what got me out of the game is that in the work experience section I listed my unpaid experience as a co - host assistant editor for a communication agency. I had my reference letter with all the right date and time but since it was sent to mevia an old computer, somehow the digital signature wasn't registered on the document. After providing 298302029 documents I got out for a signature on a sheet of a volunteer job. Pretty pissed off haha
vic

Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:07 am
annabusdra wrote:
Roeslein wrote:

I don't think it's going to be an issue. I had lots of documents to provide, some of them were very weak (like my b1 french level) but they accepted it.
what got me out of the game is that in the work experience section I listed my unpaid experience as a co - host assistant editor for a communication agency. I had my reference letter with all the right date and time but since it was sent to mevia an old computer, somehow the digital signature wasn't registered on the document. After providing 298302029 documents I got out for a signature on a sheet of a volunteer job. Pretty pissed off haha

That was my concern too - do we need to provide a proof for the volunteer work experience? I stated being a board member in ESN as one of the experience, do you think I need some documental proof for this? From whom then, from president of our ESN section?
annabusdra

Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:27 am
As far as I'm concerned they're serious about those things:
- languages (certificates must NOT be expired)
- University official degree (Undergrad, Master's, Phd.. dates must match)
- everything you listed under the "work experience" area.
I don't think they're that strict on other things. And as long as it's not something "official" (like a bloody signature  Evil or Very Mad  ) don't stress out too much

Sign E - V - E - R - Y - T - H - I - N - G guys don't end up like me, imagine the amount of frustration I have now, since I didn't get email yet.

The process in extremely opaque though. Some people got out for weird technical reasons, loads of people got selected and never called in the next step. Even the rejection message "you're X points below the threshold", to this date, they never explained how high was the threshold for every selection round. For example, loooads of people with PhD and work experience didn't get selected and I got in having barely started my master's. So just provide everything you can and hope for the best.
annabusdra

Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:01 am
Any italian out there who got notification for administrative traineeship?
COP

Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:42 am
Hi everyone, like many others the information that I had successfully submitted my application doubled but I didn't get any notification. I'm losing hope..(by the way, I'm italian)
Soleilvert

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:08 am
viktoriia wrote:
annabusdra wrote:
Roeslein wrote:

That was my concern too - do we need to provide a proof for the volunteer work experience? I stated being a board member in ESN as one of the experience, do you think I need some documental proof for this? From whom then, from president of our ESN section?

@viktoriia Last year I failed the eligibility check because I didn't provide a document proving a volunteer work experience, so make sure you get a document from ESN (I think the content is not important as long as they can tick the box "document provided"). The president could write it for you, if the paper has a header it should work !

@annabusdra There was a handwritten signature on your document, and a header, butbonly the digital signature was missing ? Little bit stressed right now...my work experience proofs have no digital signature, only traditional ones !
annabusdra

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:20 am
traditional signature is fine. My former boss decided to put only the digital one, but since she had a great idea to send it from a 15th century computer my macbook pro didn't register it. It was a super unfortunate thing.
Razvan Nicolescu

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:37 am
Hei! If I am not wrong, there are people that have been pre-selected, but they are all for translation internships!? Maybe I haven't screened the messages properly! Congrats to the pre-selected ones and still good luck to the others!!! Cheers!
ansich

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:42 am
No, if you look at page 2, at least two were pre-selected who applied for administrative traineeships
annabusdra

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:46 am
we can give them one thing: when you write them e-mails most of the time they do answer. We can just write an e - mail saying "hey, if people do not get selected will they receive any notification?"
ansich

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 am
fe1991 wrote that (s)he received a notification of non-pre-selection last year. I'm guessing they send after all those who have been primarily pre-identified are confirmed as still interested?
annabusdra

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:51 am
In the last session we got everything on the same day. the forum discussion became an overflow of angry and sad comments in an instant Laughing
COP

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:06 pm
annabusdra wrote:In the last session we got everything on the same day. the forum discussion became an overflow of angry and sad comments in an instant Laughing

It would have been perfect! Uncertainty kills me..
lcf99

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:54 pm
Hi again,

anybody have some info about why the application is doubled? Is that some kind of indication or? Nobody still answered this, thanks Shocked
Silvernight

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:09 pm
I don't know why but it seems to have doubled for everyone. For those who were pre-identified as well.
lcf99

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:11 pm
uh, thanks
dreydrey

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm
I got rejected because I

"do not possess the required language knowledge for an administrative traineeship (see point 2.2.2. of the Rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission (Commission Decision of 2.03.2005 - C(2005)458))"

while by mistake I wrote French as mother tongue and English as well as mother tongue...

but Article 2.2.2 of the rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission must be interpreted as excluding the mother tongue/s, which is/are not assessed with points in the first phase of the pre-selection exercise. Points are awarded on the basis of merits.

so stupid....well I know it for next time
vespa86

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:27 pm
dreydrey wrote:I got rejected because I

"do not possess the required language knowledge for an administrative traineeship (see point 2.2.2. of the Rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission (Commission Decision of 2.03.2005 - C(2005)458))"

while by mistake I wrote French as mother tongue and English as well as mother tongue...

but Article 2.2.2 of the rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission must be interpreted as excluding the mother tongue/s, which is/are not assessed with points in the first phase of the pre-selection exercise. Points are awarded on the basis of merits.

so stupid....well I know it for next time

did they just message you or did you write them an email to ask? I still haven't got any email indicating whatever....
dreydrey

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:37 pm
I got an email stating that I have an email on my application account...then saw this.

Good luck anyway and congrats to those who have been/will be selected Smile
ansich

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:39 pm
Did you receive that email yesterday or today? I still haven't received anything.
lisa1989

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:41 pm
Me too, still nothing changed in my account... Please tell when did you receive it?
dreydrey

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:46 pm
received it at 14.04 today
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum