Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection Date

+74
bubble_of_euro
mGLG
pmo
ShefaniGirl
Irruiz
TomJV
kagathos
n.haroutun
candidatus
LukasCZ
hbrd
etetet
Rise and Shine
giedre.dud
LeireO
Marine92
gagelea.george
valentinusi
nicoleso
Roeslein
vic
rachaelrosen
Silvernight
HenryCaffarena
eskl
marble
tli210
NicoMartin
leighleigh
Baionarra
KarolisP
MrFr
checkit
danziger
Adraedia
Paola123
nonEUcandidate07
jessinkaaa
Tz
ec2016
azharm
Olghetta
NoMoreWords
elena_spain
candidate
Guillem
vespa86
Stan(Non-EU)
Interstellar
COP
Ioana'89
Mgx1412
RLM17
Macaviity
fee1991
Moritz
dreydrey
annabusdra
Razvan Nicolescu
Soleilvert
ros
JACOBS
PCRIng
Tangerine
Fouche
medinagj
BrownJulie
kostaryka
lucarte
lisa1989
lcf99
ansich
OleSea
FannyMA
78 posters
Go down
HenryCaffarena

Preselection Date - Page 10 Empty Re: Preselection Date

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:11 pm
That's Correct NicoMartin. We have been put into pond and now they need to go trainee fishing.
Silvernight

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:14 pm
NicoMartin wrote:
Silvernight wrote:Wow guys, I've just been selected o.O That sure was fast. I got this
"We would like to inform you that you have been selected for an in-training period with grant ( ±1.100,00€ per month)
in Unit DGT.A.LT.2 of Directorate General for Translation of the European Commission in Luxembourg from 1 March until 31 July 2017. If you wish to take advantage of this offer please reply (using the "reply to all" button) by …………………, otherwise it will lapse.

The only official and binding offer to be signed will be sent by the Traineeships' Office (DG EAC) on a later date.

Would you please confirm that you agree that we give your name and email address to the other future trainees also coming to DGT in March?".

Wow, I also received the same mail! Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand, this is not a binding offer:  "The only official and binding offer to be signed will be sent by the Traineeships' Office (DG EAC) on a later date." Does this mean that even if we say yes, they may not contact us on a later date? I'm a little bit confused and I am likely to think that they send this mail to most of the candidates in order to be sure that they will have trainees or I don't know....

Yeah, I noticed that sentence but I dunno, the wording of the letter is kind of straightforward: "you have been selected for an in-training period with grant...". Well, maybe someone else can clarify whether this is a definite offer or not. Anyway, I asked if I can start looking for accommodation, so we'll see what they'll say. xD
ShefaniGirl

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:16 pm
Wow @silvernight, that was fast! Congrats!!! Hope you like Luxembourg!
Silvernight

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:19 pm
Thank you, ShefaniGirl. Smile Apparently, this isn't yet a 100% deal, but well, fingers crossed. Wink
ShefaniGirl

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:32 pm
Oh it definitely looks like you got the place! Very Happy I'm starting to get a little nervous, I`m also waiting for the Translation Traineeship, and still no e-mail. But I`m a non-EU, so maybe is not as simple as for you guys.
rachaelrosen

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:37 pm
Congratulations on making it through, everyone!

@NicoMartin and @Silvernight, well done on receiving your offers so quickly! This may be a dumb question; do you know if all translation traineeships are based in Luxembourg?

Best,

RR
NicoMartin

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:39 pm
rachaelrosen wrote:
Congratulations on making it through, everyone!

@NicoMartin and @Silvernight, well done on receiving your offers so quickly! This may be a dumb question; do you know if all translation traineeships are based in Luxembourg?
Best,

RR

Thank you! There is one more DG Translation, located in Brussels.
NicoMartin

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:41 pm
Silvernight wrote:Thank you, ShefaniGirl. Smile Apparently, this isn't yet a 100% deal, but well, fingers crossed. Wink

Silvernight, I will appreciate it if you post when they answer your question about the accommodaiton.
candidatus

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 pm
Congratulations to everyone who was already contacted!

For those selected in Luxembourg - I was under the impression that the grant should be higher than 1.1k in Luxembourg. At least it is higher for the Council (I think?). I mean... isn't it more expensive than Brussels by a margin?
Silvernight

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 pm
Thanks rachaelrosen, I think I read somewhere that almost all are in Luxembourg.

ShefaniGirl, best of luck to you Smile
Marine92

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:05 pm
Hi everyone Smile

Congratulations to the ones that have been included in the blue book !
I have been too, but I applied for the translation traineeship (mother tongue: French). I know they only select two trainees per language and I wanted to ask if any of you have been selected from French...

Thanks for your help Smile
eskl

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:08 pm
Hello,

I am in as well Smile although apparently some DGs have already chosen their candidates and I received an email from somebody saying I was late by one week. So some people were lobbying prior to selection announcement although it was not allowed I thought. Not fair.
xvero

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:15 pm
eskl wrote:Hello,

I am in as well Smile although apparently some DGs have already chosen their candidates and I received an email from somebody saying I was late by one week. So some people were lobbying prior to selection announcement although it was not allowed I thought. Not fair.

Hi!

Is this the case for the translation traineeships or for the administrative ones?
eskl

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:16 pm
Administrative. It's sad because it was my absolute number one choice.. oh well. I guess some people really want to get into teams and either have contacts within teams or violate the rules and reach out earlier. I was literally told I am a week late Sad
xvero

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:20 pm
eskl wrote:Administrative. It's sad because it was my absolute number one choice.. oh well. I guess some people really want to get into teams and either have contacts within teams or violate the rules and reach out earlier. I was literally told I am a week late Sad

Oh well, that's too bad. If you don't mind me asking, which DG(s) is it?
eskl

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:21 pm
I am sorry but I wont specify Smile
Marine92

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:55 pm
Well... so for the ones that have been selected for the translation traineeship, can you please precise your mother tongue ?
Silvernight

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:06 pm
Marine92 wrote:Well... so for the ones that have been selected for the translation traineeship, can you please precise your mother tongue ?

Lithuanian.
NicoMartin

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:09 pm
Marine92 wrote:Well... so for the ones that have been selected for the translation traineeship, can you please precise your mother tongue ?

Bulgarian
LeireO

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:18 pm
Congrats to all on the Blue Book! I have also been pre-selected Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It is kind of disappointing that some positions were filled even before the pre-selection was done scratch No Anyway, hopefully we are lucky with some other DG Smile Fingers crossed!
etetet

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:48 pm
woohoo. fuck yeh betches. kinda

i mean, i guess we (/most of us) still are where we were a few days ago, ehh?

on a less cynical, more serious note, it d be cool if ppl who received offers on translation positions could specify what languages, so we know how much hope we should allocate to the remaining days...

good luck, and congrats.

giedre.dud

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:57 pm
Hi everyone!
I have a question, well a problem. I was pre-selected and today I received a message in EU Login that I did not pass eligibility check, because I did not upload the supporting documents. The things is, I did upload the supporting documents in PDF (all according to the rules) within the deadline, which was November 14th. Apparently, my upload has failed and EC did not receive my documents. However, there was no sign or message that the upload failed and I had no idea about it until today. I got in touch with EC, they confirmed they did not receive my documents and they can't do anything for me now. Anyone had a problem like this? Any suggestions what I should do now or who can I contact?
Silvernight

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:08 pm
giedre.dud wrote:Hi everyone!
I have a question, well a problem. I was pre-selected and today I received a message in EU Login that I did not pass eligibility check, because I did not upload the supporting documents. The things is, I did upload the supporting documents in PDF (all according to the rules) within the deadline, which was November 14th. Apparently, my upload has failed and EC did not receive my documents. However, there was no sign or message that the upload failed and I had no idea about it until today. I got in touch with EC, they confirmed they did not receive my documents and they can't do anything for me now. Anyone had a problem like this? Any suggestions what I should do now or who can I contact?

Hi Giedre, I had this problem initially when I was uploading my documents. They did not seem to upload correctly because every time I checked, I could do it again. I asked the DG and they said I should get a green message that the documents had been uploaded. After a few failed attempts I tried a different browser and finally uploaded the documents. I believe that's what happened to you. It's actually very deceptive, you get a short sentence saying that your documents have been uploaded but they actually haven't because the browser is too slow or something. You must get a message below in green letters "Your supporting documents have been successfully sent to the Traineeships Office. No further actions are required", and then you no longer have the option to upload them again.
candidatus

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:41 pm
Giedre, what Silvernight wrote is accurate but sadly not helpful at all at this stage. Very Happy

I think there's nothing you could do. Like most highly bureaucratic organisations you can in theory make a complaint but in practice no-one is responsible for compensating you or even "investigating" the issue. The same way I can theoretically file a complaint after my university's examination board to challenge a mark but in practice challenging the authority and competency of an examiner is not allowed.

Sadly they don't owe you anything. You don't have any prove you actually uploaded your documents. Even if you have prove, they don't own you anything. Tough luck...
Rise and Shine

Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:17 pm
Hi everyone and congrats to all who are included in the Blue Book! I am also in! Very Happy

I applied for a traineeship in DGT. I was wondering whether we now have to lobby or not. From the email we received it actually seem we don't have to, I think it differs from an Administrative traineeship.

However, pre-selected candidates for DG Translation , are you going to lobby?

Also, I know DGT is located in Lux and Bruxelles and I am actually more interested in taking up an internship in Bxl fpr a couple of reasons.. Do you think we can actually express a preference? Shocked

Thank you and good luck everyone santa
NicoMartin

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:29 am
Rise and Shine wrote:Hi everyone and congrats to all who are included in the Blue Book! I am also in! Very Happy

I applied for a traineeship in DGT. I was wondering whether we now have to lobby or not. From the email we received it actually seem we don't have to, I think it differs from an Administrative traineeship.

However,  pre-selected candidates for DG Translation , are you going to lobby?

Also, I know DGT is located in Lux and Bruxelles and I am actually more interested in taking up an internship in Bxl fpr a couple of reasons.. Do you think we can actually express a preference? Shocked

Thank you and good luck everyone santa

Congrats for making it through to the Blue Book and good luck in the next stage!
Regarding your question - I was wondering the same, but I don't think it is necessary, given the fact that there are only two Directorates General for Translation and moreover, we have explicitly indicated our wish to do a translation traineeship. What I imagine is that they pick up only among the candidates for translation traineeship and not among all the candidates on the Blue Book, so for me there's no sense in sending them any cv and telling them the same thing again Very Happy
Rise and Shine

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 am
Hi Nico thank you and good luck to you as well! Smile

I agree with you, I think there's no point in "lobbying" now because there are actually just two Directorates General for Translation. Very Happy
etetet

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:44 am
Do we have any idea if it is more competitive to get a translation spot or not?
NicoMartin

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:06 am
Guys, I have a question, provoked by the fact how bureaucratic the EC is Very Happy.

Do you have any idea if we are allowed to request an unpaid leave by our employer if we are to sign with the EC or we must directly quit our job? In other words, is it allowed to have a contract with an employer (even though in an unpaid leave) and a contract with the given DG at the same time?

Thanks in advance!
NicoMartin

Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:17 am
etetet wrote:Do we have any idea if it is more competitive to get a translation spot or not?

In my opinion, it depends on the number of candidates for translation traineeship for the current session with the same native language as yours (a number which is unknown to us). More candidates - more competition, less candidates - less competition (if we assume that they pick up only among the translation stagiaires)

I hope this helped you! Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum