Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection Date

+74
bubble_of_euro
mGLG
pmo
ShefaniGirl
Irruiz
TomJV
kagathos
n.haroutun
candidatus
LukasCZ
hbrd
etetet
Rise and Shine
giedre.dud
LeireO
Marine92
gagelea.george
valentinusi
nicoleso
Roeslein
vic
rachaelrosen
Silvernight
HenryCaffarena
eskl
marble
tli210
NicoMartin
leighleigh
Baionarra
KarolisP
MrFr
checkit
danziger
Adraedia
Paola123
nonEUcandidate07
jessinkaaa
Tz
ec2016
azharm
Olghetta
NoMoreWords
elena_spain
candidate
Guillem
vespa86
Stan(Non-EU)
Interstellar
COP
Ioana'89
Mgx1412
RLM17
Macaviity
fee1991
Moritz
dreydrey
annabusdra
Razvan Nicolescu
Soleilvert
ros
JACOBS
PCRIng
Tangerine
Fouche
medinagj
BrownJulie
kostaryka
lucarte
lisa1989
lcf99
ansich
OleSea
FannyMA
78 posters
Go down
PCRIng

Preselection Date - Page 2 Empty Re: Preselection Date

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:26 pm
I received an email and I got this information in my account (with the double information about my application):
"07/11/2016: Important message regarding the preselection procedure"

I applied for an administrative traineeship.

nicoleso

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:28 pm
Preselected for a translation Traineeship
Tangerine

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:35 pm
@nicoleso: Do you know if the translation traineeships follow the same process as the administrative ones? I read somewhere that they are not subject to a preselection... do you know what it means? Rolling Eyes
nicoleso

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:45 pm
Hello Tangerine! Do not know about the processo but I think there is a pre-selection process for the translation Traineeship as well as for the amministrative One. Who told you about that? This is the First time I have been preselected
Marine92

Preselection Date - Page 2 Empty Me!

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 pm
Tangerine wrote:Hello, I was preselected too! I applied for a translation traineeship, is there anyone else who was preselected for a traineeship in the translation field?

Hi,

I have also been preselected for a translation internship Smile
What is your mother tongue?

Also, I don't know if it's your case, but I have worked as a freelance translator and I quoted the 2 biggest clients I have worked for, but I do not know how to prove it...
Do you have this problem?

Have a nice day Smile
lisa1989

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:36 pm
Still no email... I am losing hope. Congrats to the ones preselected
ansich

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:48 pm
It would be good if applicants were informed in their web accounts if they passed OR failed, so that they can be certain about what's going on, since we don't have insight into how exactly this process goes on (do they send all the emails out at once or over a couple of days). Right now, all I have in my account is the doubled application info.
fee1991

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:52 pm
Ansich they should send out emails either way, I wasn't preselected last session but i did receive an email informing I hadn't.
ansich

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:52 pm
Okay, that's good to know, thanks for the info!
EDIT: I guess we'll find that out tomorrow, since the official working hours end in half an hour
Tangerine

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:56 pm
Hi Marine92,

my mother tongue is Italian. I don't really have this problem because I have only worked as in-house translator so far, so I will just send my employment records. Maybe an invoice in your case will work?

Marine92 wrote:
Tangerine wrote:Hello, I was preselected too! I applied for a translation traineeship, is there anyone else who was preselected for a traineeship in the translation field?

Hi,

Also, I don't know if it's your case, but I have worked as a freelance translator and I quoted the 2 biggest clients I have worked for, but I do not know how to prove it...

Have a nice day Smile
Marine92

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:01 pm
Tangerine wrote:Hi Marine92,

my mother tongue is Italian. I don't really have this problem because I have only worked as in-house translator so far, so I will just send my employment records. Maybe an invoice in your case will work?

Marine92 wrote:

Hi,

Have a nice day Smile

Well, yes I could send them invoices in this case... But the invoice is not signed by the company. I just send it to them at the end of the month, and they do bank transfers. Well, I will see :/

Can I ask you, which other languages do you speak?
Is it your first time applying?

Fingers crossed for what's next Smile
Roeslein

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Hi everyone,

I received an email this morning and there was an update in my account to let me know that I have been pre-identified for the administrative traineeship.

I have a somewhat odd question. The instructions state "All of the above mentioned documents can be provided in one of the 24 official languages of the European Union. Should these only be available in other, non-­EU languages, we ask you to provide a simple translation of every photocopy."

Now, I got my PhD in the Netherlands and the official document itself is in Latin (the transcript is in English though). I assume this means that I have to provide a translation? (As far as I know Latin is not an official EU language.)
lisa1989

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:10 pm
@ Roeslein and rest rest

At what time did you receive the pre-identification mail?
lucarte

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:26 pm
lisa1989 wrote:The information that I successfully submitted my application in August now doubled in my account ... apparently sth is going on

I have the same "problem", what does it mean? :'(
ansich

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:36 pm
Nobody knows
Silvernight

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:58 pm
Hi, I also received a message that I have been pre-identified. For the translation traineeship. Guys, who knows what they mean by "letters on plain paper are not accepted as proof" (this is concerning proof of work experience)? I mean, what other paper could there be? I don't think I've ever seen a letter of reference that wasn't written on plain paper.
Soleilvert

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:31 pm
Silvernight wrote:Hi, I also received a message that I have been pre-identified. For the translation traineeship. Guys, who knows what they mean by "letters on plain paper are not accepted as proof" (this is concerning proof of work experience)? I mean, what other paper could there be? I don't think I've ever seen a letter of reference that wasn't written on plain paper.

Hi Silvernight !
Pre-identified as well. You can ask your employer to print the letter on a paper with a heading (logo of the company) ; normally, companies have this type of paper to print contracts or official documents.
But I guess that if the letter has a stamp, it could also work ?
PCRIng

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:33 pm
I think it means that they have to have a header (with the name of the company/institution).
Silvernight

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 pm
Oh, it's "that" header, I get it now. Thanks Soleilvert and PCRIng.
Roeslein

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:42 pm
Soleilvert wrote:
Silvernight wrote:Hi, I also received a message that I have been pre-identified. For the translation traineeship. Guys, who knows what they mean by "letters on plain paper are not accepted as proof" (this is concerning proof of work experience)? I mean, what other paper could there be? I don't think I've ever seen a letter of reference that wasn't written on plain paper.

Hi Silvernight !
Pre-identified as well. You can ask your employer to print the letter on a paper with a heading (logo of the company) ; normally, companies have this type of paper to print contracts or official documents.
But I guess that if the letter has a stamp, it could also work ?
What Soleilvert said. Normally if you ask HR for a letter of employment / proof of employment they'll think your bank or landlord is asking for it, so I wouldn't be worried about making it obvious that you're applying elsewhere.
JACOBS

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:45 pm
well, I think if the submission information doubted on the websites while no message has been received, this implies a failure... I don't think I am pre-selected anyway. Well, congrats for those who are pre-selected here.Bravo!
valentinusi

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:54 pm
I'm curious about lobbying too. Should we first upload the documents and then wait for some kind of answer of acceptance or can we start sending e-mails to DGs?

Fouche wrote:I got an email today. Need to upload documents now. Seems like rules have changed in the selection process. Is lobbying still happening or they just pick and get in touch with selected person.

Does preselection even mean something at this point?
ros

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:00 pm
Hi everyone,

the application status bar doubled, but no e-mail still, I guess I was not pre-identified since the two application status bars both show the date of submission. Any italian here received a confirmation e-mail?

Btw, does anyone know whether they'll send us an e-mail notification of failure with the points we scored?

thank you all Smile
Interstellar

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:00 pm
Have not received anything as of yet. I am just wondering if those automatic emails are sent all at once or rather in batches. Anyway, It's the end of the day, so I'm not really high on hopes right now. Congrats to everyone who were pre-selected, I wish you all the best of luck!
Silvernight

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:01 pm
Do you lobby only for administrative traineeships or for the translation traineeships too? I'm submitting this application for the first time, so I don't know these lobbying rules.
Interstellar

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:05 pm
There are no rules, these people are suggesting that some kind of favoritism, cronyism or nepotism is taking place during the selection process. This is just their guess, could be true, could be false...
ansich

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 pm
fee1991 wrote:Ansich they should send out emails either way, I wasn't preselected last session but i did receive an email informing I hadn't.

Just one more question. At what date did you receive the notification last year?
Interstellar

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:14 pm
This is my first year participating, I've just been roaming the old topics from previous year. They got the notifications on 8th of November, approximately at the same time of day the other guys did here.
ansich

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:37 pm
Yes, but only those that were pre-selected. Now fee1991 said that those who did not get preselected also got one, but it was probably at a later date (I guess at the time when the Bluebook was completed?)
Interstellar

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:11 pm
The worst thing about all of this is the uncertainty. Like if someone told me, well lad you did not make it this year it would be much easier.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum