Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Nirvana86

Application form Empty Application form

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:24 pm
Hi all and Happy New Year!

As many fellow colleagues are waiting to hear the outcome of the March applications (good luck everybody!), I am going to inaugurate the October 2016 traineeship section with a question on the application form. As far as I can see, the application procedure is the same as for previous periods; though I can't seem to be able to find the BOX where to add my motivations regarding 'General reasons for applying'.

I recall that in previous applications the motivation part was split into three boxes: 'general reasons for applying'; 'motivation for the choice' and 'suitability for the profile'.

Now if I go on the 'Motivation' tab, I can only see TWO boxes called 'Motivation for the choice' and 'Motivation - Administrative traineeship'. Is it the same at your end? Though if I do the PDF preview my application, a heading called "General reasons for applying" is there, but I can't quite see where to add the text. Am I completely crazy / dumb? Or is happening to you as well?

Thanks a lot for your help and good luck with your application!
Silvia
lol

Application form Empty Re: Application form

Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:19 am
Hi Silvia,

in the "Motivation" section after choosing your area of interest you should have a box to add your "Suitability for the profile" and just below that a box where to put your "General reasons for applying".

In the PDF version they seem to appear the other way around.

It seems to be the same as the last time.

Nirvana86

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:53 pm
Hi there,
thanks a lot for your answer!

I see the choice to make between policies, law, etc

then I have two boxes: one is 'motivation for the choice' and the second is 'motivation - administrative traineeship'

I guess it's more or less the same as what you were saying but I applied two years ago and the boxes were three. Thanks again!
lucas1

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:20 pm
Hey everybody,

I have a question concerning the Papers and Publications. The application form says:
Papers and Publications (not including Master ́s thesis or PhD) but then in the box it is possible to chose Master thesis and PhD. I do not understand whether we can or cannot include Master and PhD thesis....

Hope somebody can help me Smile
Thank you!
lucas1

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:00 pm
Does it mean that I can include my Master thesis but I cannot include also paper which includes the very same master thesis?
Sorry I am really confused...
lucas1

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:14 am
Hello, almost deadline, can somebody help me please?
b00tsi3

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:29 pm
@lucas1 I just saw your question now, I hope you managed it at the end. Actually, I added my master's thesis as well since it gives you the option from the drop-down menu to select it, so why not? The only thing can happen is that they will not count the "points" for that when they filter for pre-selection. That's my third and last attempt by the way at the EC.
lucas1

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:46 pm
b00tsi3 wrote:@lucas1 I just saw your question now, I hope you managed it at the end. Actually, I added my master's thesis as well since it gives you the option from the drop-down menu to select it, so why not? The only thing can happen is that they will not count the "points" for that when they filter for pre-selection. That's my third and last attempt by the way at the EC.

Thanks a lot for your answer! I did the same thing as you at the end, I was just worried that it might be a trap but I am probably overthinking this Smile
Thanks and good luck!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum