Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mimi1985

application form oct 2010 Empty application form oct 2010

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:05 pm
hey people, I d like to apply for oct 2010.
im wondering what to write on the motivations for applying? it seems like they extended the characters limit. do u agree with that?
to the successfull candidates: any suggestions on what to write as motivations? i have my own already written, but im not sure whether to enter into details or just give e general motivation.
Balande

application form oct 2010 Empty Re: application form oct 2010

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:04 pm
sunny Hello,

Im also thinking about details in motivation..
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:37 pm
Motivation gives you many many points.
mag-da

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm
Yes, it does, but what actually to write? It seems quite obvious why one's applying. Should the motivation part contain more details (about e.g. the experience related to the departament) or our ideas for the internsship period? What do you think about it?
mikaelus

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 pm
I think the more extraordinary, special, outside-of-the-box you make yourself, the greater your chances are to go through. Just think - there are approx. 7 thousand people applying, and a great deal of them surely would fit in the EC, but somehow only ~600 pass.

I don't think it's relevant to write how your experiences relate to the department, unless it's not clear when somebody reads your CV (since you already list out your education and professional experiences). Instead, write about yourself, why you have chosen this profession, where you want to be tomorrow and how the EC period matches these plans Smile

Just do your best to be interesting (in a polite way of course) because it's not a computer that reviews your application but people. And as we know - people tend to get bored after some time of doing (reading) the same things over and over again Wink
mag-da

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:12 pm
Thanks for the answer:) Well, I hope to send all the documents this week, although I feel a little demotivated (after having read some comments about the way of giving points for education etc). Well, but it's still worth trying:) Good luck to everyone!
Balande

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 pm
Basketball

Im going to send all application file this week also.

I was also worring about education assesment, but Still.. We will see
sven

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:16 pm
We do not think the motivation letter counts much. By experience, we can tell you that CV, language skills and nationality are the most relevant parts of the application. Good luck!

www.eurodatum.com (directory of EU links)
Peter

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:52 pm
hej sven,

What are you talking about?
Why do you think that the nationality matters? Is there no equality between nations?
sorshaa
sorshaa

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:11 pm
"Each file (application form and attached documents) is assessed separately by two members of the Committee. Points are attributed as follows:

1. Academic profile (diplomas and marks obtained) - up to 8 points
2. Motivation (clear reasoning and expression, coherent choice for a Directorate General) - up to 6 points
3. Extra points (studies abroad, relevant work experience, linguistic knowledge, well documented application) - up to 6 points

The points given by both evaluators are added to obtain the final mark for the file. Within each nationality, applications are then ranked according to the marks obtained and a quota is applied.

* Q = ((E/5) * (2 + 3*T) / (T+E))
* Q = quota for a nationality
* T = constant threshold, fixed by the Traineeships Office
* E = number of candidates of the nationality

The quota formula takes into account the number of candidates per country and to a lesser extent the size of the population. Those with the highest marks are preselected until the quota has been reached. All candidates having obtained the same mark as the last preselected candidate are equally preselected."

It's all on the website!

>Is there no equality between nations?<

Please...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum