Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application form

+20
adussa
Krzysztof
simka
Lukrecja3333
lulu
papryka79
lu_kao
Andreea
Inna
fibica
nas
Paola N.
dulitul
Marcanum
Bulgaro
Dan
candidate
ivotsonev
Gianluca C.
Jessusherraymond
24 posters
Go down
Jessusherraymond

Application form Empty Application form

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm
HI,
I have to fill the apllication form, but I don't know what to write in the section "reasons for applying" !! I need help!
Gianluca C.

Application form Empty Re: Application form

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:37 pm
You mean aim of traineeship, Jessus?

Well, guys, I would like a suggestion too. I want to apply for the journalism option. Which Dg should I choose, a part of Communication????

Please help me!
ivotsonev

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 am
Hi, indeed the aim of the application form is not really clear. There are just general fields to fill and in the end it looks almost like a CV. I am not sure how the responsible people could assess thousands of candidates only on the basis of their academic and work experience writen with a couple of words. Moreover, how could we explain our motivation and actually should we, since there was just one field to fill freely named "Training and professional experience"?
Does anyone know how many trainee places the EP offers and which are the most prefered directorates from the candidates?
candidate

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm
I am not exactly sure, but I think that the general form accepts around 300 candidates out of more than 3000 overall. Maybe someone may correct me, but this is what I remember from my research on that.
You can check this form - http://www.europarl.europa.eu/pdf/traineeships/815664EN.pdf

As for your question about the application form, maybe what they want is something simple and easy to work with which enables them to facilitate the selection process by matching the education/ experience and languages of applicants in accordance with the aims and policies of the Departments.
Dan

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:44 am
any news? interview?

candidate

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:19 pm
Wait until next month. They will tell us exactly on 15th July how we fare. Before that we won't get any information, such are the rules.
candidate

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:38 am
Hi all!

I want to ask whether any of you knows if there is an interview stage with the Parliament before receiving the email with acceptance / rejection respectively? As far as other organs are concerned, they do call candidates, but I have not much information with the Parliament. Any one aware of this issue?
Bulgaro

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:34 pm
Hey, anyone having received the invitation email so far? This is the final week in which the DGs send out their invitations to selected applicants. If you do not get it by 29 June, do not wait until the 15 July, 99% it is certain you won't receive it after the end of this week. Actually you will receive an email later, but that will be a rejection.
So everyone cross your fingers and good luck!
Marcanum

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:23 pm
Hey Bulgaro,
Thanks for the info, I was wondering where you got this from though? Experience from previous years?
Good luck to you as well!
Bulgaro

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 pm
Hi Marcanum, I researched about this a few weeks ago and I found out that most of the applicants in 2010 and 2011 got their e-mail invitations by the end of June.
For instance check this from the previous year - https://ec-traineeship.forumotion.com/t217-selection-process.

Of course, there may be some changes this time, though the DGs must already have made their selection. So that's it - wait and hope, people...
Bulgaro

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:04 pm
Hey guys, if any of you receive information soon, do post here so that the rest know. I will do it for sure.
candidate

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:00 pm
Hi all,
A friend of mine told me that he called the traineeship office today to ask whether the selection has finished. They informed him they have some but not all of the data yet, so next week shall be the time when we all get to know I guess. Bloody waiting!
Bulgaro

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 pm
Hey, candidate, thanks for the update! I was wondering why nobody has been notified yet. Then it must be Monday, 1 July, when the departments start sending out preliminary offers to the selected ones. You are right that we have to wait and wait .
candidate

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:34 pm
No news yet? This is rather strange. Either the DGs are not as fast as before or we are all not selected ...
dulitul

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:25 pm
Hey,

I was wondering as well what is going on with the DGs. I have got no news either and am very concerned. Hopefully, we will get any replies untill the end of the week..
candidate

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 pm
Yes, this feeling of constant waiting is quite stressful. The only way to get to know is to send an email, but let us not 'swamp' the stages with messages cause they will not respond in such case. They had more than 45 days to decide and I am completely sure that there are already selected ones there. The problem is that some departments work quicker than others and maybe they wait for a synchronised notification?!
Bulgaro

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:01 pm
Hey, I have got no info from the DGs too and they should have already informed the selected guys by now. This is how it worked in previous sessions. What are they doing I have no clue.
dulitul

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:31 pm
Hey,

Has anyone got any news from the DGs ? Or not yet?
Bulgaro

Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:45 pm
Nope, nothing! So what? There should be at least someone with some piece of info out there. I do not know how to feel about this now.
candidate

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:34 pm
OK, anybody having telephoned the traineeship office? They are the only people that know what is happening. I tried to call them, but nobody picked up the phone. Anyone else?
dulitul

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:37 pm
I sent them an email today.. Nobody replied so far...
candidate

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm
Then it will be after 15th July that we will learn what the results are. I also thought of sending a message, but with some previous experience with other departments, I gave up. Either they will answer too late or they won't do it at all.
dulitul

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm
Ok guys..I called them today and the lady that answered the phone told me nothing new. "Just wait until the end of July and you will be notified as stated in your application". She didnt even reveal if the preselection has already finished..So now I am totally baffled..
It seems that we should keep waiting and waiting..
candidate

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:54 pm
Hey, thanks for the info! It is more than frustrating now because the longer we wait, the more our expectations get heightened. There is no preselection with the EU Parliament. You are either selected or rejected. According to the rules, it is mid of July, not end of July when we need to be informed and this is for a very good reason - the selected ones need decide whether they will accept the offer; then, if affirmative, they have to send the stipulated documents/diplomas and be in touch with the assigned superviror; after the Traineeship office receives and corroborates the validity of all statements in conjunction with the statements, they will send another letter finally confirming and 'sealing' the selection procedure with regard to each and every successful applicant. As you can see this process involves considerable amount of time and we are talking not about one or two candidates, but more than 200 selected ones. In the meantime, if some of the guys cancel their offer or cannot substantiate their claims in the application, they will be replaced with new ones and the whole wheel starts spinning again.
I just do not want to waste my time and I will be on the lookout for other offers around as well.
Bulgaro

Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 pm
Look guys, the Traineeship office is not to blame, they are doing their job according to the regulation. It is written that applicants will be notified by mid of July so I do not think that they are entitled to give us any response since they are bound to inform us after 10 days.
On the other hand, the DGs used to send preliminary emails to selected applicants before the official feedback. Maybe they have changed their policy now and all results are issued by the T. office only.
dulitul

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:05 pm
Hey guys,

any news from the DGs or still nothing >?
Bulgaro

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm
No, I do not expect anyone to receive any piece of information up until next Monday. People, I know that patience is running out of anybody here, but there is nothing to be done. If you have 'connection' within the Traineeship office then it is possible to get to know something prior to the official report. So, see you next Monday here and hope for the best!
Paola N.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 pm
Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I found this forum... now I know I'm not the only one who's stressed about the traineeship these days! And if I don't get THE email soon I can at least read if anyone has received some information Smile

I've applied for the journalism option, does anyone know how many places are there in that option? Thanks!
Bulgaro

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:07 pm
In the next few days they will start sending out the final results. So be a little more patient guys or if you can't wait telephone the traineeship office. Good luck!
dulitul

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 pm
Bulgaro wrote:In the next few days they will start sending out the final results. So be a little more patient guys or if you can't wait telephone the traineeship office. Good luck!

Where did you obtain that information from? Did you call the traineeship office?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum