Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection

+36
Alea
mery72m
M-M
Skarlett
Lawgirl
Nathalie
anon_user
almond89
Natascha
SabıhaKaptan
Paloma00
belleville
Michele
bricle1
Oslo09
M.M.
elo89
CMD
candidate
european
mavb
Gord1
barmateos
L
Heigebo
lol
Antonnio
gilo91
Kkarlo
natii0817
Intrafin
jovjov
entourage
pietrone
caponetti
Olga
40 posters
Go down
Olga

Preselection Empty Preselection

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:15 am
Hi dear,

Any news about preselection results? When we should wait for them? Middle of Novemer, or earlier?

I wish you a good luck:-)
caponetti

Preselection Empty Re: Preselection

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:03 am
Thank you,Olga!

I still do not have news. I am a bit nervous.

But If I receive something I will write immediately.

Stella
Olga

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:15 am
Thanks
I will inform you as well

pietrone

Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:40 pm
Hi guys and good luck to all of us! Razz

I am new to this procedure since it is the first time I apply... but by quickly reading the application rules it seemed to me that we should get an answer by late December... However I read here that you expect to hear something in the upcoming weeks... does it differ from department to department? I have applied for the shuman traineeship, EXPO as first choice... If you could illuminate me it would be much appreciated! Smile

Plus, I found the application a bit strange... no references requested and very little space to describe relevant experience... and one could not even upload language certificetes! (do they take what one say as valid without any proof!?) And in case one is preselected, which kind of documents should he/she send? Only proof of degree/internship/work experience?

Thanks a lot! I know I can sound a bit confusing Razz
entourage

Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:04 pm
Hi everyone,

Me too I received an email that my application is valid and I am gonna be contacted towards the end of the december like you.

@Pietrone: no worry man,once you are preselected, they are gonna tell you what are you supposed to do after !

No stress, evertyhing's gonna be alright !

jovjov

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:14 pm
Guys, has anyone heard from EP so far?

Thanks all Smile
pietrone

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:20 pm
I have not... But I still do not understand why u expect to receive an answer that soon! For which directorate have you applied?

Best
jovjov

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 am
pietrone wrote:I have not... But I still do not understand why u expect to receive an answer that soon! For which directorate have you applied?

Best

Parl. Research Services (External relat.s as second preferred). How about you?

Well, based on the validation e-mail we should be informed in late December. But that is final decision. In order for them to make final decisions about trainees accepted they first have to contact possible candidates (interview, checking availability, checking documents or so). So I believe that would be happening some time now.

As the process is not transparent whatsoever anyone who hears from them please let us know Smile

pietrone

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:39 pm
Parl. Research Services (External relat.s as second preferred). How about you? Well, based on the validation e-mail we should be informed in late December. But that is final decision. In order for them to make final decisions about trainees accepted they first have to contact possible candidates (interview, checking availability, checking documents or so). So I believe that would be happening some time now. As the process is not transparent whatsoever anyone who hears from them please let us know Smile wrote:

Thank you for your answer!

I applied for the opposite: external rel. 1st optionand research ser. 2nd!

Yeah you might be right about it but I thought that they would have done all this things that u mention now after the PRE-selection (because on December we ll know whether we are PRE-selected or not as far as I have understood)... I do not want to suggest that what u say is wrong, I long to know more about the outcome as much as u do; I am only baffled by how confusing and not transparent all this process sound.

Btw, I thought that it might be interesting to know a bit more about our profiles! I am italian, 24 years old, speak 3 languages, have a master in political economy from LSE and I am doing an internship at the UN in Bangkok.
Intrafin

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:39 pm
pietrone wrote:

Thank you for your answer!

I applied for the opposite: external rel. 1st optionand research ser. 2nd!

Yeah you might be right about it but I thought that they would have done all this things that u mention now after the PRE-selection (because on December we ll know whether we are PRE-selected or not as far as I have understood)... I do not want to suggest that what u say is wrong, I long to know more about the outcome as much as u do; I am only baffled by how confusing and not transparent all this process sound.

Btw, I thought that it might be interesting to know a bit more about our profiles! I am italian, 24 years old, speak 3 languages, have a master in political economy from LSE and I am doing an internship at the UN in Bangkok.

Last year EP started sending notifications of pre-selection around this time. I believe they notify pre-selected candidates by the end of Nov and make final selections by the end of the year. Also, I think those who have applied for translation-journalism are notifed earlier then those applied for general option.

I have applied for general option, DG finance and DG external relations.
I am currentlz finishing MA in Finance, I have thesis left only.
External relation is always the most popular one Very Happy

pietrone

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:11 pm
Intrafin, I had a look at last year's forum and it seems to me that yes, people were contacted around mid-November, but only those who applied for the translation traineeship. As far as I can see the rest of applicants was contacted around late-December... Do you have additional info?

Thanks a lot! Smile
Intrafin

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:59 pm
pietrone wrote:Intrafin, I had a look at last year's forum and it seems to me that yes, people were contacted around mid-November, but only those who applied for the translation traineeship. As far as I can see the rest of applicants was contacted around late-December... Do you have additional info?

Thanks a lot! Smile

Oh, ok then Smile

I know that people for october term were selected somewhere mid/end june, which is only a month/ month and half after a deadline to apply for an internship.

Basically, nothing is guaranteed, they can start contacting people now or in december, I guess.
natii0817

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 am
Hi Everyone!

This is my first time applying for the EP traineeship and I just wanted to ask whether you have any idea what sort of people they tend to select. I've heard that only those with two degrees, or masters, PhD tend to get picked. I have a LLB Law with French and I worry that this may not be good enough to be considered. If you have any thoughts on this, please share and of course good luck to you all! Smile
Intrafin

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:00 am
natii0817 wrote:Hi Everyone!

This is my first time applying for the EP traineeship and I just wanted to ask whether you have any idea what sort of people they tend to select. I've heard that only those with two degrees, or masters, PhD tend to get picked. I have a LLB Law with French and I worry that this may not be good enough to be considered. If you have any thoughts on this, please share and of course good luck to you all! Smile

2 degrees= bachelor +master, which is a standard tbh...

I was shortlisted in July to my surprise. Unfortunately, I have not comoleted master's by the time application was opened.

I have some acquaintances that have been selcted that have just finished master's and are fairly "average" people, nothing exceptional about them.
Unfortunately, the selecting process is not that transparent so we can only guess how it works...

A lot depends on number of applications they have received per DG and your nationality.

Kkarlo

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:27 pm
Does anybody know how many people do they accept for EP traineeship ?
gilo91

Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:19 pm
600 and there are more than 25 000 applicants
natii0817

Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:07 pm
Intrafin wrote:
natii0817 wrote:Hi Everyone!

2 degrees= bachelor +master, which is a standard tbh...

I was shortlisted in July to my surprise. Unfortunately, I have not comoleted master's by the time application was opened.

I have some acquaintances that have been selcted that have just finished master's and are fairly "average" people, nothing exceptional about them.
Unfortunately, the selecting process is not that transparent so we can only guess how it works...

A lot depends on number of applications they have received per DG and your nationality.

I just think if they only consider people with at least master's to be eligible, it might mean a lot of good candidates are rejected. Also, in a way it means that some are in a way 'penalised' for the education system they go through. I'm Polish but most of my education has been in the UK . Here, not a lot of people go on to do master's because you have to pay high tuition fees and whilst you can get a student loan for undergraduate course, you can't get one for master's etc. I know that in the rest of the Europe it's sort of natural for everyone to do master's and especially if there's no tuition fees, then why wouldn't you. Or people do two undergraduate courses. I 'only' have a bachelor's and my degree comprised of obtaining qualifications in British law, French law and French language. However, if having master's is a minimum, then I probably have no chance of getting the traineeship Sad But I guess we just have to wait until the next month to find out
Antonnio

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:21 pm
Hi guys,

The selection process at the European Institutions is more often than not opaque. That is, there lacks much transparency as to why some candidates are chosen while others aren't. At least the Commission sends a short statement telling prospective trainees whether they have achieved a minimum number of points to pass to the pre-identification phase. I do not know how the parliament decides on the trainees, but we can expect that this should be based on education, languages, motivation, experience etc. Having said that, I have come to think that it is a matter of luck to get there because of the sheer number of high profile candidates with similar profiles.

There are not many places in the Parliament unlike the 600-odd traineeship slots in the Commission so this makes it even tougher to get it. In any case, we will get to know in a few weeks.
lol

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:12 pm
In the Parliament each year they get around 25 000 offers and choose 600 from them (as someone mentioned before). Does the Commission have more places to offer? Good to know for the future;) Anyways, good luck everyone:)
Heigebo

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:04 pm
Any news yet about the preselection process?
pietrone

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 pm
Nope
L

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:16 am
Hi everyone,

I received an e-mail yesterday informing me that I am shortlisted for a traineeship (DG for Presidency)! I suppose the answers from different DG:s come at different times...
barmateos

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:49 am
Hey L! Congratulations!! Did you apply for a translation traineeship or another one? For what I've seen from last year's forum posts they started sending emails around the 10th of december...I personally can't wait to know about my application...although I'm scared I won't be shortlisted, having in mind the huge amount of offers from excellent students all over europe! I wish you all good luck Smile
L

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 am
Thank's barmateos! I applied for the general option. I was actually surprised that I got an answer this quickly because I received a phone call from the unit I will be working for about three weeks ago (they wanted me to confirm that I am still interested) and they said that the results would be informed to us sometime before christmas. Good look everyone!
almond89

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:23 pm
Hello L,

I received an email as well from the same DG stating that I was shortlisted and they asked me to send the documents. Does it mean that I am selected for sure or is there another selection to be done after?
Is enough to send the documents via email?

Thank you

Last edited by almond89 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar mistakes)
Antonnio

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:29 pm
Congratulations to both of you for getting pre-selected. almond89, I want to ask you when did you receive the message from the EP and did you also have a phone call before getting the email? The Commission typically sends out all notifications to pre-selected candidates at once or in the time-frame of one day. I think the parliament traineeship office works on an individual DG basis. In any case, final confirmation of the selection process will be received before Christmas. I have been shortlisted before but unfortunately I was not selected as the DG's final choice. Good luck!
almond89

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 pm
Hello, Antonnio!

I have received the email yesterday. I got a call in October.

You were shortlisted and they declined you after, at which stage? after call of after being shortlisted? Did they ased you for the documents before? Now I am confused. I thought once the asked you for documents, you are selected (at least at EP). You were talking about EP or EC?

Thank you
L

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 pm
As far as I have understood it, if you get the e-mail were they ask for your documents, you will get the offer for the traineeship unless there is something missing or wrong with your documents or you send the documents in too late. At least I hope so! In the e-mail it also stated that we should send scanned documents by e-mail.
Intrafin

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:11 pm
Do you have any info if they contact all preselected candidates at the same time, like EC, or not?
Antonnio

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 pm
The selection procedure with the EU institutions is kind of similar. Once a list with shortlisted candidates is compiled, the pre-selected candidates are asked to submit documents in order to prove the statements they have made on the application form. Once this is done, usually candidates get a notification that they have passed the documents check. Afterwards, there is a telephone interview, but with the EP they seem to do that before submitting the certificates online, which is very bizarre cause they might be wasting their time if the applicant has made up some of the qualifications they claimed to have. To cut the long story short, after you submit your docs and everything is fine with them, it is up to the department to decide which of the shortlisted candidates to pick. There will be around 3 candidates for 1 place at least in my experience. Final announcement can be expected at the end of December. Only then you are sure that you are there. Hope this helps
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum