Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRESELECTION

+39
antonomasia
Evelinablabla
lav.m
Erasmus
Guillem
Oksana
juji1987
CMD
student90#
nem0
OM91
kekoli
sophiagg
Yoyo89
hmurphy
alex-marseille
tsdnmf
soph
Martina_
Ivanhuang
angie207
AnnaTov
HMDB_
Berenice GF
Natascha
masraci
vrr
entourage
Lappa
anon_user
Alchemist
fisherman
elo89
b00tsi3
caponetti
Olga
safa
candidate
lawyer123
43 posters
Go down
b00tsi3

PRESELECTION - Page 6 Empty Re: PRESELECTION

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:25 pm
Preselected here as well (2/2). I really hope this time I would make it through cyclops
good luck everyone!
Alchemist

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 pm
I was just wondering, what email addresses are you guys going to use to lobby? Just the email addresses that were provided underneath the notice? Or are you going to send them to specific people? I can imagine that some EC employees might find it unpleasant if hundreds of eager trainees start sending them their 'lobby' emails, simply because they found their emails somewhere on the internet.
Olga

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:52 pm
Alchemist wrote:I was just wondering, what email addresses are you guys going to use to lobby? Just the email addresses that were provided underneath the notice? Or are you going to send them to specific people? I can imagine that some EC employees might find it unpleasant if hundreds of eager trainees start sending them their 'lobby' emails, simply because they found their emails somewhere on the internet.

I asked twice the same question here and never got any answer Smile

As for me: I think I will adress my lobby email to the Head of Units (to specific people). I am generally agree with your point (about annoying), but I have interest in more then one Unit, within one DG.

How many lobby E-mails are you going to send?
b00tsi3

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:56 pm
Alchemist wrote:I was just wondering, what email addresses are you guys going to use to lobby? Just the email addresses that were provided underneath the notice? Or are you going to send them to specific people? I can imagine that some EC employees might find it unpleasant if hundreds of eager trainees start sending them their 'lobby' emails, simply because they found their emails somewhere on the internet.

I believe there is no "winner-strategy" as such, but I agree that it could be extremely annoying when in every 6 months highly motivated candidates are spamming your mailbox saying the same one thing. I think the best is to use the official addresses as it is quite uncertain whether it's better to contact people directly or not.
Guillem

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:21 pm
Hi guys!

Congrats to those who have been preselected! One question, do you send CV + cover letter for those who will lobby or just a CV?

Good luck to all
kekoli

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:24 pm
I'm also in ...You have been pre-selected for a traineeship with the European Commission for the March 2016 session. Your application will be included in the Blue Book.

antonomasia

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:29 pm
I'm also in!
And now...let's start with the next waiting part! ^_^
Alchemist

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:31 pm
@Olga

The notice message contained the following phrase: "There is no need to contact the Commission services at this stage. However, if you wish to do so, you may use the e-mail addresses indicated below. Those services that are not listed have no specific contact address for trainees."

I personally don't think that the heads of units are that involved in selecting possible trainees. Also, considering the above message, I really don't think they want us to harass them. On the other hand, maybe that is the strategy that works. Lol. I really don't know. I don't know how many emails I am going to send. Probably just a few. Not too many.

@b00tsi3
I agree. Especially because they explicitly said 'there is no need to contact the EC' and 'if you wish, then use the addresses below'. I'm going to stick with the emails below. And if it's meant to be, then they'll contact me. If it's not, I can always apply for welfare. Smile

Erasmus

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:56 pm
Oksana wrote:Dear candidate,
We regret to inform you that your application has not passed the pre-selection phase.
For more information on how pre-selection works, consult our website: .
As you may know, the decisions taken by the pre-selection committees are final and binding. The Traineeships Office does not have the power to change these decisions except in cases where it can be proven that the committees did not act in accordance with the evaluation procedures.
We nevertheless thank you for your interest in the traineeship programme of the European Commission.
If you wish to apply for the next session, we invite you to submit a new application. Registration on our website will open again on the date specified on .
Should you have any further questions, please contact

Best wishes,
The Traineeships Office

Oksana, I've got the same. Where are you from? Smile And on which date have you submitted your application? Smile

Last edited by Erasmus on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erasmus

Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:58 pm
kekoli wrote:I'm also in ...You have been pre-selected for a traineeship with the European Commission for the March 2016 session. Your application will be included in the Blue Book.

Congratulations!
On which date have you submitted your application? Smile
CMD

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:15 pm
Olga wrote:

As for me: I think I will adress my lobby email to the Head of Units (to specific people). I am generally agree with your point (about annoying), but I have interest in more then one Unit, within one DG.

Hey Olga and Alchemist, I've been wondering that question too. After looking at a few blogs of past trainees I think it's better to send emails to the head of the unit you want to work in. I think that's what I'm going to do.
Fingers crossed!
Olga

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:20 am
CMD wrote:
Olga wrote:

Hey Olga and Alchemist, I've been wondering that question too. After looking at a few blogs of past trainees I think it's better to send emails to the head of the unit you want to work in. I think that's what I'm going to do.
Fingers crossed!

Hey CMD,
thanks for your response.

So, I've sent some E-mails today in the morning (to the Heads of Units!), and have already received two really kind replies (personally ones!). It incouraged me actually in what I had done.

Good luck to all of you, and hopefully we will meet at the EC soon Very Happy
AnnaTov

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:41 am
Guys, sorry for stupid question but where can you actually find personal e-mails of the Heads?
Guillem

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:44 am
@AnnaTov

You need to browse for the organisational chart of the DGs you are interested in. There you will find names of Head of Units and emails usaly are the name and lastname separeted with a dot @ec.europa.eu
AnnaTov

Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:55 am
Guillem

Thanks! I will try it
lav.m

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:57 am
Hi everyone! I applied for a translation traineeship and got pre-selected. I have a quick question for you...Do you know if the DGs (or some of them) have their own translation unit/department or it's just the DG for Translations? If they do have, the chances to get selected are higher and in this case I wouldn't mind working with any of the DGs (if I got selected), so lobbying would be quite useless. Could anyone shed some light on this, please? Thanks in advance!
Oksana

Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:52 am
Erasmus wrote:
Oksana wrote:Dear candidate,
We regret to inform you that your application has not passed the pre-selection phase.
For more information on how pre-selection works, consult our website: .
As you may know, the decisions taken by the pre-selection committees are final and binding. The Traineeships Office does not have the power to change these decisions except in cases where it can be proven that the committees did not act in accordance with the evaluation procedures.
We nevertheless thank you for your interest in the traineeship programme of the European Commission.
If you wish to apply for the next session, we invite you to submit a new application. Registration on our website will open again on the date specified on .
Should you have any further questions, please contact

Best wishes,

The Traineeships Office

Oksana, I've got the same. Where are you from? Smile And on which date have you submitted your application? Smile

Hi "Erasmus",

I am from Lithuania. And it is my third application. First time I was preselected, selected and got proposal, but it was not sphere of my interest – very far from it. Therefore I decided to make better application. And what is interesting – I was not even preselected for the second and third time. So It is very difficult to understand how decisions are made Sad

Best wishes for selected applicants.
Evelinablabla

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 pm
Hi guys,
Evelina here, congrats to those who passed the first phase Smile

Oksana wrote:And it is my third application.

This was my forth, and I was never even preselected.
And I can't count anymore the application sent to the other institutions/agencies No
Kärtner

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:12 am
Olga wrote:
CMD wrote:
Olga wrote:

Fingers crossed!

Hey CMD,
thanks for your response.

So, I've sent some E-mails today in the morning (to the Heads of Units!), and have already received two really kind replies (personally ones!). It incouraged me actually in what I had done.

Good luck to all of you, and hopefully we will meet at the EC soon Very Happy

Could someone give a link on the e-mail addresses for Communication or Education DGs pls? Smile I've found the structures but no idea where should I look for the e-mail addresses.
Rk93

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 am
I emailed the Communication address on the page that tells us we've been selected, and they replied telling me there's not point in sending your cv or lobbying, so I wouldn't bother if I were you. If you really want to though, I just looked at the name of the head people on the organisational charts, googled them and found their emails that way, though I haven't used them. For some units I could only find the generic unit email but I did find some personal ones. It's usually something like firstname.surname (at) ec.europa.com Smile
Kärtner

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:32 am
Rk93 wrote:I emailed the Communication address on the page that tells us we've been selected, and they replied telling me there's not point in sending your cv or lobbying, so I wouldn't bother if I were you. If you really want to though, I just looked at the name of the head people on the organisational charts, googled them and found their emails that way, though I haven't used them.  For some units I could only find the generic unit email but I did find some personal ones.  It's usually something like firstname.surname (at) ec.europa.com Smile

Have already got it. Thanks!
Towards lobbying I see that different DGs and units have different views on that Wink
student90#

Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:43 am

One question (before I commit a mistake^^), EuropeAid is the same as DEVCO?!

EEAS section Human Rights doesn't accept interns either...

Thanks Smile
Alexia 007

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:57 pm
Hello guys! I just created an account in this forum to ask this question and I wanted to know if any of you had received an offer for the internship in Luxembourg before getting the pre selection e-mail (for the translation internship). Do you know if the procedure for the translation internship is different from the others? Also good luck to everyone!!
AnnaTov

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:17 pm
Hello guys! Who has already received any calls or emails? I'm worried 'cause I haven't received anything so far...Sad
Olga

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:25 pm
AnnaTov wrote:Hello guys! Who has already received any calls or emails? I'm worried 'cause I haven't received anything so far...Sad

I have not recieved any calls so far as well. Well, I did some general responses on my lobbing E-Mails. Mostly they said they would not have any trainees this session.

Recently I've got an E-Mail from the DG AGRI Traineeship coordinator. It was kind of general info: "The March 2016 traineeship procedure is ongoing (...) The traineeships Office (...) will inform you about the status of your application as from 22/01/2016".

I am worring as well... But there is nothing to do for now, just waiting.
AnnaTov

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:34 pm
I will probably get crazy before 22/01/2016 or lose a hope if I don't receive any call...
antonomasia

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:06 pm
AnnaTov wrote:I will probably get crazy before 22/01/2016 or lose a hope if I don't receive any call...

high five! cheers
Olga

Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:09 pm
antonomasia wrote:
AnnaTov wrote:I will probably get crazy before 22/01/2016 or lose a hope if I don't receive any call...

high five! cheers

Hahaha. Crazy nervous holidays santa santa santa
Alexia 007

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 am
I have received an offer and it was before I received the pre selection e-mail, which is the reason why I was asking if the translation traineeship selection follows a different process. I got an offer for the traineeship in Luxembourg (European Commission). Does anyone have any information about this? Has it happened to someone else?
Kärtner

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:11 pm
I have a feeling the most units do not have traineeship offers this session. The units of Secretariat-General and Justice and Consumers send negative responses.

Any info who is open for applicants?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum