Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRESELECTION

+39
antonomasia
Evelinablabla
lav.m
Erasmus
Guillem
Oksana
juji1987
CMD
student90#
nem0
OM91
kekoli
sophiagg
Yoyo89
hmurphy
alex-marseille
tsdnmf
soph
Martina_
Ivanhuang
angie207
AnnaTov
HMDB_
Berenice GF
Natascha
masraci
vrr
entourage
Lappa
anon_user
Alchemist
fisherman
elo89
b00tsi3
caponetti
Olga
safa
candidate
lawyer123
43 posters
Go down
lawyer123

PRESELECTION Empty PRESELECTION

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:09 am
Hey guys,

Firstly, good luck yo everyone with your applications!
Now it's time to start being nervous about the preselection results.Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to make decision on the preselection?
candidate

PRESELECTION Empty Re: PRESELECTION

Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:47 pm
Assuming we are pre-selected, we should start getting emails around the end of the month or the beginning of November. Maybe mid of October at the earliest.
safa

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:25 pm
Last March's trainees got their pre-selection e-mails around November 26th (according to forum entries), so I don't think we'd hear from the pre-selection people before that time. Also, people who don't get into the blue book get emails stating how many points they are below the threshold, how scary is that!!! affraid
Olga

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:08 pm
Hey dears,

As I may see on this forum, last March's trainees got their "pre-pre-selection" E-Mails on the 14-15th of October (Link: https://ec-traineeship.forumotion.com/t797-pre-pre-selection (1th page). If I understand it right, that were the E-Mails to the possible preselected candidats with requirment to upload all the relevant documents. During one month all these documents had been analysed, and after it, the pre-selected candidates had been included in the Blue Book (or not).

So, may be, some of us will get some E-Mails very soon Smile
lawyer123

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 am
Guys does anyone know the approximate proportion of selected EU and non-EU trainees every year? I am sure they take more EU applicants than non-EU but I wonder approximately how many non-EU trainees they usually take per year.
Olga

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:26 am
lawyer123 wrote:Guys does anyone know the approximate proportion of selected EU and non-EU trainees every year? I am sure they take more EU applicants than non-EU but I wonder approximately how many non-EU trainees they usually take per year.

Hey,
there is an open every year statistic on the official web page of EC internship. Here is it: https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/cv/application_statistics.cfm?session=81

According to that information,
they had 2506 non-EU applicants and 24 non-EU trainees in March 2015. (Around 1%). For EU-applicants/trainees the quote is a bit higher usually (for example, around 3% for Romanian applicants, or around 6% for French applicants). I suppose, however, there are no rules or some strict quotas for non- or EU-applicants.
safa

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:10 pm
I think the number depends greatly on the credentials. I don't think nationalities matter much as long as the candidate has what the unit is looking for. All we can do now is play the waiting game, may the odds be ever in your favour Smile
caponetti

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 am
Hello to you all,

My name is Stella and I am also currently waiting for the results of the preselection.
I wish good luck to everybody!

Kind regards,
Stella
Olga

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:53 pm
Hi guys,

so any preselection news? Anybody got some good news? Smile
b00tsi3

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:38 pm
No news/updates yet. It's a bit strange as now the number of applicants is much less than in the previous season. Anyway, good luck everyone Smile
caponetti

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:23 am
Hello,

I still haven't received any news.

Do you think that we will find out about the results this month or in November?

I am also excited about it.

Stella
Olga

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:47 am
caponetti wrote:Hello,

I still haven't received any news.

Do you think that we will find out about the results this month or in November?

I am also excited about it.

Stella

Dear Stella,

I was thinking we would get response in the middle of October:  at least those of us, who had been selected for the Blue Book. But no news, so far.

It is possible, that the preselection procedure had been finished already, but nobody from our forum had been preselected.
caponetti

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:58 am
Hello Olga,

I think that the procedure is not closed yet.

Probably we have to wait some more time until the end of October or the beginning of November.

Many people are reading the forum. I hope if someone has been preselected, he or she will tell.

Stella
Olga

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:07 am
caponetti wrote:Hello Olga,

I think that the procedure is not closed yet.

Probably we have to wait some more time until the end of October or the beginning of November.

Many people are reading the forum. I hope if someone has been preselected, he or she will tell.

Stella

Dear Stella,

let's hope Smile

By the way, where are you from?
lawyer123

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 am
Please do not say that "nobody from this forum had been preselected". We are all very nervous about the results and especially now when the results are about to be released, thus that kind of statements make all of us more nervous and depressed. It's still early, we have time to wait until the end of October, so keep calm and wait! and don't forget to be optimistic!
Good luck to everyone! Smile
caponetti

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:06 pm
Hello,

Lawyer, this is not my quote. It is the answer of Olga to one of my statements.

Today I wrote to the European Commission about the exact period we should receive the results.

They answered to me that we should receive an email until the 11th of November if we have been selected.

By the way, I am from Bulgaria and I wish luck to everyone:)

Stella
Olga

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:18 am
caponetti wrote:Hello,

Lawyer, this is not my quote. It is the answer of Olga to one of my statements.

Today I wrote to the European Commission about the exact period we should receive the results.

They answered to me that we should receive an email until the 11th of November if we have been selected.

By the way, I am from Bulgaria and I wish luck to everyone:)

Stella

Dear Stella,
Than you for your news :-)
So they wrote you about "final selection", not "selection to the Blue Book", right?

Good luck to you too :-)

P.S. I applied as a Romanian citizen, but I am fro Moldova and live in Germany ☺
caponetti

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:24 am
Hello Olga,

It is about preselection. Until 11th november we have to know whether we have been preselected or not.

Hope we will meet each other at the European Commission Wink

Stella
Olga

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:53 am
caponetti wrote:Hello Olga,

It is about preselection. Until 11th november we have to know whether we have been preselected or not.

Hope we will meet each other at the European Commission  Wink

Stella

Thank you Stella :-) I hope so as well.

It is interesting.. from my experience, first they send first e-mails (to possible preselected candidats) and ask to sent copies of documents; and after checking them, they give a final decision about preselection

Let's see how the thing will go this time :-)
elo89

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:11 am
Hey guys,

I was preselected for the October session but ultimately ended up taking a position elsewhere, and I'm applying again for March. To give you an idea of how it works:

There are in fact three stages with 'results'. In the first stage, they decide whether you should be a candidate for selection by Commission units. In a sense, pre-selection is therefore "pre-pre-selection". The procedure takes 8-10 weeks. Counting from August 31, 8 calendar weeks will have passed on October 27th, so results may start being released then. This would also make sense with the November 11th date, as that would be roughly two weeks after October 27th.

After you receive a notification that you have passed this first stage, it's time for an eligibility check. This is where they validate your application by checking it against documentation they request from you. This stage can last until the end of December, going by the EC calendar. Once you're confirmed as eligible, you're officially selected to be in the blue book! Yet after that, you of course have to lobby to actually be selected for a traineeship, which according to the EC calendar will go on from January onwards.

I'm sure a lot of this isn't completely new, but it could be good to leave an 'overview post' on here for that people that come looking Smile

A last negative point is that when I was pre-selected last time, those who weren't didn't receive a notification until several weeks later. Therefore, if any of you receive a notification I'd be really appreciative if you'd let us all know, so that we can get an idea of where the process is at Smile

Best of luck to all of you!
Olga

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:22 am
Hey elo89,

thanks for your detailed description.
Some time ago I was preselected as well, but the procedure had been the same, as you described.

Let's see when the first E-Maills come.

If I get this E-Mail, I wil let you know!

All the best,
Olga
lawyer123

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am
guys many thanks for your detailed information and support! fingers crossed and let's hope that everything will be fine! good luck to all of you Smile
candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:29 pm
The Commission is the only EU body that gives some feedback to all applicants. Taking into account that we are talking about 9 000 candidates, then it requires around 2 months for them to make evaluation of each and every form submitted. Generally speaking, preselected applicants have to receive 27 or more points in order to be listed in the blue book. The points are given on the grounds of international mobility, number and kinds of diplomas, work experience, motivation etc. Next week the news should be out.
Olga

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
candidate wrote:The Commission is the only EU body that gives some feedback to all applicants. Taking into account that we are talking about 9 000 candidates, then it requires around 2 months for them to make evaluation of each and every form submitted. Generally speaking, preselected applicants have to receive 27 or more points in order to be listed in the blue book. The points are given on the grounds of international mobility, number and kinds of diplomas, work experience, motivation etc. Next week the news should be out.

Thank you for the important information
Never know that one should receive 27 or more point to be included in the Blue Book. So let's wait!
candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:20 pm
[/quote] Thank you for the important information
Never know that one should receive 27 or more point to be included in the Blue Book. So let's wait![/quote]

Unless they have changed the procedure, we need to get 27 points based on the evaluation of two examiners. But there is a lot of time to elapse before we get news about definite selection. After we get like this santa haha
Olga

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:29 pm
candidate wrote:
Thank you for the important information
Never know that one should receive 27 or more point to be included in the Blue Book. So let's wait![/quote]

Unless they have changed the procedure, we need to get 27 points based on the evaluation of two examiners. But there is a lot of time to elapse before we get news about definite selection. After we get like this santa haha[/quote]

Last time my score "was 1.5 points below the threshold". I was wondering, how low/high this threshold had been. Smile So, for me it was very interesting indeed! Smile

So last two weeks I have been  a bit too nervouse, because I used to check my E-Mail every 20 minutes Very Happy
candidate

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:49 pm
I know the feeling, painfully well haha. Well, getting into the blue book would be splendid, however that's half-way, or let's say somewhere 65% of the route has been covered. Yet, you are not there yet until the interview and the definite offer. As we know well already, the competition is fierce. There are many candidates who are 'overqualified' for a 5 month traineeship having 4 or 5 years of regular administrative experience plus a couple of Master's degrees. Anyways, patience and luck will be in demand ...
fisherman

Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:04 pm
Hello. Thank you all for sharing this information. Good luck!

Alchemist

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:55 am
Hello guys,

I was wondering, has anyone received an automatic confirmation email when they submitted their application?
safa

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:45 pm
Hey Alchemist.There was only the confirmation message saying that the application was successfully submitted and that it can no longer be modified.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum