Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Aneena
Aneena

Criteria for preselection - Page 2 Empty Re: Criteria for preselection

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:08 pm
I know you get less points if you just have a BA, many additional points for a Masters and even more for a PhD
laure1985

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:44 pm
I asked also for my october 2009 application score..i got 28 and preselected. the funny thing is that i got averagely less in education, while the max. in motivation!
unfortunately at that time I didnt make a copy of my application, so I cant see my then motivation letters again.
I was wondering whether it does make any sense at all to apply again, knowing that my total score will never reach high levels because whatever I try, I'll get my MA only in 2011.
i wonder if i do have any chances at all, even after being pre-selecteed, to then got selected, as it seems pretty sure that the DGs dont overlook final scores! So, a DG would never choose someone who has a lower score than another one,or?
gaia

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:53 pm
Hi laure,
I wrote to inquire about my score too and tht's what they told me:

education 5 and 4
motivation 5 and 5
extra 5 and 5

total 29, so i passed since the minimum was 27.

but i don't quite get what education is considered adequate: i have one graduate degree in languages, one master's in international trade and i'm now in my third year of a development economics BSc...and i've been also working full time in the last five years!

i guess only people who are really above average (or from very famous universities like LSE or the College of Europe) get good scores in education
laure1985

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm
wow, u've been studying already a lot!
yes, probably well reputated universities give more points. the uni where i graduated with the max score isnt nothing special at international level, in my opinion. but i took part at an exchange programme at a very well known universities, i guess the 5 points they gave referred to that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum