Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship - selection

+28
amlit
Bab
Traineeship2013
GiannaS
komio
mietagosia
kate0307
AlmaAlma
agata
Tanaquil
anna.o
Lilo
Abenámar
gemmacuni
faza82
ladybug
M.A
kasparuz
tt
Flam
traineevit
Greenie
MoreEU4all
Aneena
Sherlock Holmes
martina310
europe4all
TCRVR
32 posters
Go down
ladybug

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 2 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed May 22, 2013 2:48 pm
already checked and I keep checking... but still nothing.
faza82

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 2 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm
ladybug wrote:already checked and I keep checking... but still nothing.

Hello everybody,

I have the same situation never ending story waiting for an email from EC:( Sad

So maybe ladybug we should write them an email asking what happened?

What do you think?
Sherlock Holmes

Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm
Ladybug and faza82, as I said before in this topic, this is the e-mail I received from the EC some weeks ago:

"Dear All,
Directorate-General for Translation has received 2348 applications in total.
A part from the receipt of notification, you will not receive any other news.
Only selected candidates will be personally contacted after 15th June.
Due to the current workload, we will not be able to answer each individual email.
Thank you for your understanding.
DGT-Traineeships' Coordinator"

I guess you shouldn't get anxious, just wait until June, because there is no Pre-selection for translators. There's hope until then!

Good luck everyone!

SH

faza82 wrote:
ladybug wrote:already checked and I keep checking... but still nothing.

Hello everybody,

I have the same situation never ending story waiting for an email from EC:( Sad

So maybe ladybug we should write them an email asking what happened?

What do you think?
ladybug

Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm
Thank you for the tip Sherlock Holmes! Faza82 I guess we'll have to wait 'till the end of June... Fingers crossed!!!
gemmacuni

Fri May 24, 2013 12:13 pm
Hi everybody! Thanks for all this information. I didn't know at all that the translation traineeship worked differently,so I was still waiting for the preselection and getting really anxious!
Has anybody from the spanish department been already called or received an email? That would help me a lot to figure ouy if I still have my chances or not.
Thank you very much and congrats to the ones selected!
gemmacuni

Sat May 25, 2013 9:39 am
Please,if anybody knows that would help me a lot!
Thank you!!
Abenámar

Sun May 26, 2013 1:05 pm
Hi Gemma! I am in the same situation as you. I have not received any call or email yet, I think we'll have to wait until mid June to know. Our department has received 2500 applications (I guess most of them are for the Administration Traineeship), so it might be especially busy.

Good luck!
Lilo

Sun May 26, 2013 7:38 pm
Hi, Gemma and Abenámar! Oh, I'm so happy that I found this forum. I am Spanish too and currently checking my inbox like crazy because I thought that we were going to be contacted around mid-May! But no calls (neither to my UK, temporary phone no., nor to the Spanish one), and no e-mail indeed. That makes three of us already, so I guess that you guys are right and we Spaniards will need to wait until mid-June (ugh!!!!!).

This waiting is killing me too, if it makes you feel better.

BTW, I did not know that there was no pre-selection for the translation traineeship. How do you know? Does that mean that if we keep not receiving any news as of June, we were just turned down?

Thanks to all of you and good luck! Smile
TCRVR

Sun May 26, 2013 7:54 pm
Lilo wrote:Hi, Gemma and Abenámar! Oh, I'm so happy that I found this forum. I am Spanish too and currently checking my inbox like crazy because I thought that we were going to be contacted around mid-May! But no calls (neither to my UK, temporary phone no., nor to the Spanish one), and no e-mail indeed. That makes three of us already, so I guess that you guys are right and we Spaniards will need to wait until mid-June (ugh!!!!!).

BTW, I did not know that there was no pre-selection for the translation traineeship. How do you know? Does that mean that if we keep not receiving any news as of June, we were just turned down?

Hi!

As you can read in the previous posts, there are already selected candidates for the translation traineeship. There is no pre-selection. I was also very surprised, as I only discovered it when I received a call from the EC Razz I was told that only after mid-June all the candidates would have been contacted, so I presume that until then some departments may be doing their selection.

Good luck!
Lilo

Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 pm
TCRVR wrote:
Lilo wrote:Hi, Gemma and Abenámar! Oh, I'm so happy that I found this forum. I am Spanish too and currently checking my inbox like crazy because I thought that we were going to be contacted around mid-May! But no calls (neither to my UK, temporary phone no., nor to the Spanish one), and no e-mail indeed. That makes three of us already, so I guess that you guys are right and we Spaniards will need to wait until mid-June (ugh!!!!!).

Hi!

As you can read in the previous posts, there are already selected candidates for the translation traineeship. There is no pre-selection. I was also very surprised, as I only discovered it when I received a call from the EC Razz I was told that only after mid-June all the candidates would have been contacted, so I presume that until then some departments may be doing their selection.

Good luck!

Oh, hi, TCRVR...and congrats! Yup, seems like everybody is taking it at its own pace. And of course the Spanish department had to make us wait, haha! It's nice, anyway, to find out that it isn't just me. If I have to wait, I'll do it... bounce pale The thing is, I actually hope that they don't choose the last days of May to do so, as I'm moving back to my country after a year abroad. I am so scared of missing that phone call and then losing my opportunity, if it ever comes, that is... No No No No

Oh, well. At least, no Blue Book, no lobbying. I was reading about that stuff in other places and actually panicked a bit before realising it was all for the Administration Traineeship.

Anyway...what is the phone call like? Mind sharing a few details? Very Happy Thanks a lot and, again, good luck to everyone!
TCRVR

Sun May 26, 2013 8:13 pm
Well, I suppose that the spanish department has a lot of candidates...
You never know when you'll receive a call from the EC Question but I can tell you that mine was around lunch time (maybe 13.30h, or a little bit before lunch time as you are spanish) I read in this forum that if you miss the call they send you an email. But I can't confirm that!

Well, actually the phone call was quite simple. I panicked a little in the beginnnig because I thought that I was going to have an interview and was not prepared but I was told right away that I was selected for the Translation Traineeship in Luxembourg (I don't know if Brussels is hosting Translation Trainees). I was also told that only after mid-June I would receive an email with all the information and the contacts from the other trainees. And that's it! After the phone call I was sent an email to which I had to answer to confirm my availability for the traineeship.

Hope I helped in any way!
Lilo

Sun May 26, 2013 8:22 pm
TCRVR wrote:Well, I suppose that the spanish department has a lot of candidates...
You never know when you'll receive a call from the EC Question but I can tell you that mine was around lunch time (maybe 13.30h, or a little bit before lunch time as you are spanish) I read in this forum that if you miss the call they send you an email. But I can't confirm that!

Well, actually the phone call was quite simple. I panicked a little in the beginnnig because I thought that I was going to have an interview and was not prepared but I was told right away that I was selected for the Translation Traineeship in Luxembourg (I don't know if Brussels is hosting Translation Trainees). I was also told that only after mid-June I would receive an email with all the information and the contacts from the other trainees. And that's it! After the phone call I was sent an email to which I had to answer to confirm my availability for the traineeship.

Hope I helped in any way!

Indeed you did, cheers! Razz Smile Good thing to know that they're quite straight-forward. Smile Aaaah! Seems like a dream to be there next year!! Hopefully we'll meet there? I applied for like a zillion other scholarships, but this one is like The One. jocolor
TCRVR

Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm
Yeah, hopefully! I'm quite curious to meet spanish colleagues, as we portuguese and spanish tend to have a special bond Wink

Yeah, for me it's totally the one! This opportunity is amazing Smile

Buene Suerte! Hopefully will meet and you'll help me improve my spanish haha!
Lilo

Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 pm
I'll keep my fingers crossed! Even my toes, for that matter, as long as it helps (ouch, though, LOL!)...

Muito obrigada! Smile (And good vibes always FTW between both of our countries!)

TCRVR

Sun May 26, 2013 11:41 pm
Me too! Wink

You're welcome ("nuestros hermanos siempre" Razz)! Let me now if you receive any news!
Abenámar

Mon May 27, 2013 2:16 pm
Thanks a lot for the info! Smile

Good luck to everyone!
anna.o

Fri May 31, 2013 2:53 pm
Hello,
Probably it's true that every language department selects at their own pace. I would like to know if my department has contacted successful candidates (to know if I still have hope or rather prepare for the next session) Do you mind telling which countries you come from? Anyone from Poland?
TCRVR

Fri May 31, 2013 4:01 pm
anna.o wrote:Hello,
Probably it's true that every language department selects at their own pace. I would like to know if my department has contacted successful candidates (to know if I still have hope or rather prepare for the next session) Do you mind telling which countries you come from? Anyone from Poland?

Hi anna.o!

I was selected and I'm from Portugal. Smile
anna.o

Fri May 31, 2013 4:31 pm
TCRVR wrote:

Hi anna.o!

I was selected and I'm from Portugal. Smile

Hey Smile

Congratulations! Smile Did you lobby your application? Did anyone from Portuguese department contact you before/during selection or just somebody from Brussels HR office?
I am considering sending some e-mails (I know it's kind of late) because I still believe there's a chance my department hasn't made a definitive choice.
TCRVR

Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm
Thanks! Smile

No, I didn't. As you might already know, the selection procedure for the Translation Traineeship is quite different. There is no pre-selection so I think there's no point in lobbying, but honestly I don't know. i was contacted by the DGT's traineeships office. As for Poland, I don't have a clue if the selection has already been made Sad

Good Luck!
anna.o

Fri May 31, 2013 5:56 pm
Thank you Smile

Well, I've sent those e-mails. Even if it doesn't help, I hope that it won't have a bad influence on their choice... Maybe at least I'll have some reply (for ex. that they've selected other candidates).

Hope to see you in October Wink
gemmacuni

Fri May 31, 2013 6:04 pm
Thanks to everybody for the answers! If anyone from Spain receives any news please let us know!
And actually,the traineeship is in Luxemburg? I was sure it was in Brussels...

Good luck!
TCRVR

Fri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm
Me too, anna.o! Wink

As I've said, I don't know if Brussels hosts Translation trainees... I was told that my traineeship would take place in Luxembourg! There is a delegation of the DGT in Brussels but the main centre is in Luxembourg... But I don't know! The EC has its own secrets Wink
Lilo

Fri May 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Hey, Anna! God, they could as well say something, couldn't they? If it makes you feel better, both the Polish and Spanish departments seem to go at the same pace, aka no news whatsoever, haha. Evil or Very Mad It's driving me crazy but we'll need to wait. Fingers crossed!

Good luck while we hope! Very Happy

ETA: The thing is, actually I'm glad that there's no preselection, no lobbying, nothing, just the final word on it. This is long enough already. Laughing
Tanaquil

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 pm
Hi everyone,

is anybody from Hungary who has received a phone call from the EC?

Thanks and best regards :-)
anna.o

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:48 pm
Hello Lilo,
Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately today I got an e-mail from my department saying that the selection is over and I'm not chosen Sad
I hope my next application will be better.
Cheers and good luck Smile
gemmacuni

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:08 pm
I'm sorry anna.o!
I'm sorry to insist,but this wait and not knowing anything is killing me!! Any news from the spanish department?
Thank you!!
anna.o

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:41 pm
Hey, Lilo;

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the Spanish department. You should write to somebody who works there. Sooner or later they may reply.
good luck Smile
Lilo

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:06 pm
gemmacuni wrote:I'm sorry anna.o!
I'm sorry to insist,but this wait and not knowing anything is killing me!! Any news from the spanish department?
Thank you!!

Unfortunately, I know nothing about it! No No No You see, I'll keep thinking that we won't be selected. That way, any good news will be even better!

P.S But yeah, I'm really, reaaaaaaally nervous. Evil or Very Mad
Lilo

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 pm
anna.o wrote:Hello Lilo,
Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately today I got an e-mail from my department saying that the selection is over and I'm not chosen Sad
I hope my next application will be better.
Cheers and good luck Smile

Too bad, Anna. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Well, you know what? That's their loss! Evil or Very Mad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum