Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zuzana

Translation Traineeship - selection Empty Translation Traineeship - selection

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:07 pm
Hi guys!

Any news from the EP? Has anyone been selected?
zacb

Translation Traineeship - selection Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:19 pm
I haven't heard anything yet! Zuzana, have you been selected?
Zuzana

Translation Traineeship - selection Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:43 pm
I’m also still waiting for the answer. I just thought that they might have started to inform selected people, since it is already mid-November.
zacb

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:07 pm
I thought so too! But I'm afraid I'm not very helpful then! I HOPE we know something tomorrow! Please, let me know if they contact you!! I'll do the same! Wink
Zuzana

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:57 am
I'll do that. Good luck!
Jean-Luc Piccard

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:02 am
Hello everyone!

I was informed on Friday that I have been selected for the translation traineeship at the EP. Very Happy Very Happy 

In the e-mail I got, the traineeships office also stated that I should confirm my acceptance by Nov 19, or they’ll offer my position to a candidate on the reserve list.

So I assume if you still haven’t received anything, maybe you should wait until after Nov 19 and hope that somebody turned down the offer.

Fingers crossed! Wink 
zacb

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 am
Congrats Jean-Luc!! I should then forget about my chances to be selected!

Good to know at least that I can stop waiting for a positive answer!!

Could you give us a resume of your CV so we can see our weak points? Are you from France?

Thank you Smile
Zuzana

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:12 pm
Congratulations and thank you for the information!

So it seems like this is it.
lucia_roman

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 pm
Congratulations, Jean-Luc!

I was wondering whether there are two separate traineeships, the translations one and the Schuman one? Because I recall that lat year, when I applied, they didn't give out the results for Schuman until alte december! So, zacb, Zuzana, if you applied for a Schuman traineeship as well, there is stil hope left Wink

Jean-Luc Piccard wrote:Hello everyone!

I was informed on Friday that I have been selected for the translation traineeship at the EP.  Very Happy Very Happy 

In the e-mail I got, the traineeships office also stated that I should confirm my acceptance by Nov 19, or they’ll offer my position to a candidate on the reserve list.

So I assume if you still haven’t received anything, maybe you should wait until after Nov 19 and hope that somebody turned down the offer.

Fingers crossed! Wink 
Drehende_Dame

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:05 pm
Hi everyone,

has anyone received any more news regarding the paid translation traineeship in January? I assume that if Jean-Luc received a positive response on Friday then my application has been rejected... Do they not send rejection mails?

Thanks
ladybug

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:08 pm
Hey there!

I'm still waiting for the answer from the EP like most of you. I read once again the FAQ and I found this:
"Q: Will the results of the selection procedure be published?
A: No. Candidates will be notified of the results by e-mail."

So it seems that we should be informed about the outcome of the final selection stage. However, they also say this:
"Traineeship offer:
If a candidate has been selected and a traineeship opportunity arises, he/she will receive a traineeship offer by e-mail. If the candidate confirms his/her interest in the traineeship, an official letter of invitation will then be sent by post.
If a candidate has been selected but there is no traineeship opportunity for that period, his/her application will be placed on a list of suitable candidates, which will remain valid for 12 months. The candidate will be contacted if a traineeship opportunity arises before the period of validity of the list expires."

Which could mean that some of us will have to wait more or less 12 months to get an answer... I hope I'm wrong.
Good luck to all!
ladybug

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:59 pm
I just got an e-mail from the Ep saying that I have beeen successful but given the number of candidates there's no room for me for now so they'll put me on the waiting list for the next 12 months and that in case an internship opportunity arises they'll let me know...
Zuzana

Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 pm
I just got an e-mail. I'm on the waiting list.
rachel4

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 pm
Hi, I also got an email to say I was on the waiting list. Does anyone know how likely it is we'll get anything? Surely if there are too many applicants for the traineeship starting in January we're unlikely to be selected for the next one... or is that not how it works? Congratulations to those who were successful!
zacb

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 pm
Hello everyone!! rachel4, Zuzana & ladybug, could you please tell me who sent you that email? was it from your mother tongue unit or from who?

Thank you in advance!!
Zuzana

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:26 am
Zacb, it was the same Unit that sent us the pre-selection confirmation.
zacb

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 am
Sorry to go on, but it was Helga Norup then?

When I received the email with the confirmation that they had received my documents (the application form signed, copies of diplomas, etc) was her who sent it, but she informed me that she was going to submit it to the relevant Translation Unit... so I guess it is this Unit who is supossed to send the selection confirmation or my placementon the waiting list!

Thank you anyway for your information Smile
Zuzana

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:25 am
Yes, it was her.

zacb

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 am
Ok! Thank you very much Zuzana Very Happy 
ladybug

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:06 pm
Yes, Helga sent me the e-mail. I guess the Unit informed her about the outcome and then she informed us Wink 

zacb wrote:Hello everyone!! rachel4, Zuzana & ladybug, could you please tell me who sent you that email? was it from your mother tongue unit or from who?

Thank you in advance!!
zacb

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 pm
Thank you ladybug! Smile So you can be offered an internship starting no matter when? Doesn't it sound weird, taking into account that there is a selection procedure every 3 months?

I am sorry for asking so many questions but I haven't received any email after they told me my documents had been succesfully received so I am a bit nervous...
tadeiya

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:19 pm
I was put on the waiting list for the translation traineehip starting in July 2013. There was already another selection in October - no news, but still on the waiting list. Now I am waiting for the results for January, but as I've heard, they extended the traineeship of all October trainees, so there is only a small chance that they will accept new applicants. This is how the system works... But I am only talking about my unit, which is Slovenian.
ladybug

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:17 am
I guess that they are still in the selection process. If you get no answer until Friday try and send an enquiry. I thought about doing that before receiving their e-mail because the results were supposed to be given on the 15th and they e-mailed me only on the 22nd.
Given that the waiting list lasts 12 months you have plenty of time to receive an internship offer if it is meant to be. This is the 3rd year I'm trying to get in and this is the first time I've had a successful application.
Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best!
As Latins say "Audaces fortuna iuvat" cheers 
zacb wrote:Thank you ladybug! :)So you can be offered an internship starting no matter when? Doesn't it sound weird, taking into account that there is a selection procedure every 3 months?

I am sorry for asking so many questions but I haven't received any email after they told me my documents had been succesfully received so I am a bit nervous...
zacb

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:00 pm
Thank you very much! Smile

I have plenty of time but it would be great to shed some light on my near future...Wink 

I guess people on the waiting list for this period will go after people successful but that didn't got selected on previous periods so..it makes it even more difficult to get selected when you apply for first time! At least, that makes me feel better Wink

Anyway, good luck everyone!!! somewhen we'll make it!!!
zacb

Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:10 am
I finally got the email from the EP and they told me my application was successful but there isn't a vacancy for me this time. I guess it is the same one as ldybug and rachel4 received. Do you know how it works? I mean, our application is supossed to be valid for one year, but there is selection procedures every 3 months... Do we have preference against people who will apply for April; July and October sessions? Or could someone from those processes be selected before us?

Thank you Smile
Zuzana

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 am
Hi zacb, I’m happy you’re also still in the run Smile
I think that in the end they will choose someone who has better qualifications (and not the one who applied first).
I would like to know how many people are on the waiting list for one language. It seems like everybody who was pre-selected is on the waiting list. Has anybody got a rejection e-mail?
zacb

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 pm
I forgot about you Zuzana, because you were on the waiting list too! Smile

I'm not pretty sure about the procedure...we'll see!!
ladybug

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:36 pm
Hey guys! Any news? I've just been informed that they admitted me to a translation traineeship at the EP in Luxembourg for the period 1/4/2014-30/06/2014!!!! I'm so thrilled and still can't believe it!!!
ladybug

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 pm
Hey! Congrats once again on the traineeship. I've been told today they they admitted me and I was wondering whether you could give me some infos on the accomodation (how to?) given that you are there right now. Thanks!

Jean-Luc Piccard wrote:Hello everyone!

I was informed on Friday that I have been selected for the translation traineeship at the EP.  Very Happy Very Happy 

Fingers crossed! Wink 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum