Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship - selection

+28
amlit
Bab
Traineeship2013
GiannaS
komio
mietagosia
kate0307
AlmaAlma
agata
Tanaquil
anna.o
Lilo
AbenĂ¡mar
gemmacuni
faza82
ladybug
M.A
kasparuz
tt
Flam
traineevit
Greenie
MoreEU4all
Aneena
Sherlock Holmes
martina310
europe4all
TCRVR
32 posters
Go down
TCRVR

Translation Traineeship - selection Empty Translation Traineeship - selection

Tue May 07, 2013 12:06 am
Hi everyone!

Today I received a phone call from the EC informing that I've been selected to the October 2013 Translation Traineeship. cheers
I'll be staying in Luxembourg!

Has anyone else received the same phone call?

Best regards
europe4all

Translation Traineeship - selection Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Tue May 07, 2013 8:21 am
Already selected? There is no pre-selection?
martina310

Translation Traineeship - selection Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Tue May 07, 2013 9:05 am
Maybe it's different for Translation Traineeship - no pre-selection.
TCRVR

Tue May 07, 2013 12:16 pm
europe4all wrote:Already selected? There is no pre-selection?

I was told that the selection for the Translation Traineeship has different rules. There is no pre-selection!
europe4all

Tue May 07, 2013 12:52 pm
I didn't know that!

Congrats, TCRVR! Very Happy
TCRVR

Tue May 07, 2013 3:26 pm
europe4all wrote:I didn't know that!

Congrats, TCRVR! Very Happy

Thanks europe4all! Smile

Good luck!
Sherlock Holmes

Wed May 08, 2013 2:33 pm
Hi you!

First of all, congratulations, TCRVR!

I'm also applying for Translation Traineeship and I was wondering whether the phone number from which they called you was a phone of your country or otherwise they called you from Brussels or Luxembourg. I'm not in my country this week and I'm discarding all calls from Spanish unknown numbers, so I may answer these calls if they are calling me from my country, hehe.

Thanks in advance and congrats again!

SH

TCRVR wrote:Hi everyone!

Today I received a phone call from the EC informing that I've been selected to the October 2013 Translation Traineeship. cheers
I'll be staying in Luxembourg!

Has anyone else received the same phone call?

Best regards
Aneena
Aneena

Wed May 08, 2013 3:26 pm
The phone number of the institutions is always blocked and show as unknown.
Sherlock Holmes

Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Oh, thank you for the information, Aneena. Now I'm worried because I received a phone call from a blocked "Unknown" number two days ago and I didn't answered because I thought the selection process was slower and couldn't imagine this call could be from the institutions.

Anyone could tell me what could I do now? Will they retry or should I send some e-mail?

Thanks so much!
S.

Aneena wrote:The phone number of the institutions is always blocked and show as unknown.
TCRVR

Wed May 08, 2013 4:10 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Oh, thank you for the information, Aneena. Now I'm worried because I received a phone call from a blocked "Unknown" number two days ago and I didn't answered because I thought the selection process was slower and couldn't imagine this call could be from the institutions.

Anyone could tell me what could I do now? Will they retry or should I send some e-mail?

Thanks so much!
S.

Aneena wrote:The phone number of the institutions is always blocked and show as unknown.

Well, you should really try to konw if the call was from the EC. They called from an "Unkown number" and it was last Monday indeed... Unfortunately I don't know what you should do... Sad
Sherlock Holmes

Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Thank you anyway, TCRVR... I just sent them an e-mail and this is the autoreply I get:

"Dear All,
Directorate-General for Translation has received 2348 applications in total.
A part from the receipt of notification, you will not receive any other news.
Only selected candidates will be personally contacted after 15th June.
Due to the current workload, we will not be able to answer each individual email.
Thank you for your understanding.
DGT-Traineeships' Coordinator"

I guess the only chance left is calling the contact number indicated in my application confirmation e-mail. What do you think?

Thanks and good luck everyone.

SH

TCRVR wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Thanks so much!
S.

Well, you should really try to konw if the call was from the EC. They called from an "Unkown number" and it was last Monday indeed... Unfortunately I don't know what you should do... Sad
TCRVR

Wed May 08, 2013 4:32 pm
You could try that... But I should tell you that after the phone call, I received an email that confirmed what I was told in the phone call. I was obliged to confirm if I would like to take part of the in-training period till today, 12.30h.
Hope I see you in Luxembourg! Buena Suerte Smile
MoreEU4all

Wed May 08, 2013 4:50 pm
Congrats TCRVR!!!
TCRVR

Wed May 08, 2013 4:52 pm
MoreEU4all wrote:Congrats TCRVR!!!

Thanks MoreEU4all! Very Happy Good luck!
Greenie

Wed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm
Hi!

I think I got a little bit confused here.
If they wrote:
"A part from the receipt of notification, you will not receive any other news.
Only selected candidates will be personally contacted after 15th June."

Does it mean that if I applied for the translation traineeship I will only find out after 15th June?
TCRVR

Wed May 08, 2013 5:10 pm
Well, I think that that date is only a deadline... I received the phone call and the confirmation email earlier, as I've said. I was also told that only after the 15th June all the selected trainees would have been contacted... As each language department does its own selection (?) maybe they do not finish at the same time.... I'm just guessing but probably mine was quicker!
Greenie

Wed May 08, 2013 5:16 pm
Yeah, maybe each language department works individually. They've got many applications.
Anyway, congrats TCRVR!
TCRVR

Wed May 08, 2013 5:38 pm
Mine is the Portuguese one... Thanks Greenie! Good luck! Smile
traineevit

Thu May 09, 2013 11:54 am
Hi everybody,

I wanted to ask you if they both send an email and call you.
TCRVR

Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 am
traineevit wrote:Hi everybody,

I wanted to ask you if they both send an email and call you.

First they called. Then I received an email confirming the phone call and asking me to confirm if I was available to do the traineeship.
Flam

Mon May 13, 2013 1:56 pm
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Thanks so much!
S.

Hi Sherlock,

did you get answear or another call? I had a call 30 minutes ago what i didn't hear... and now i am very nervous and do not know what to do.
Thanks,
Flam.
TCRVR

Tue May 14, 2013 4:49 pm
Hi Flam,

Did you get another call?
Sherlock Holmes

Tue May 14, 2013 5:32 pm
Hi Flam,

I finally received an e-mail from the traineeships coordinator, who confirmed that the phone call wasn't from them. I felt eased as well as disappointed, haha. Anyway, if you send them an e-mail they will tell you whether or not that call was from them.

Has anyone else received THE phone call? Good luck everyone!

SH

Flam wrote:
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Thanks so much!
S.

Hi Sherlock,

did you get answear or another call? I had a call 30 minutes ago what i didn't hear... and now i am very nervous and do not know what to do.
Thanks,
Flam.
tt

Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 pm
Hi everyone!

I also received an email and a call informing that I've been selected for the Traineeship in Luxembourg!Do you know what happens next?

Thanks!
TCRVR

Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm
tt wrote:Hi everyone!

I also received an email and a call informing that I've been selected for the Traineeship in Luxembourg!Do you know what happens next?

Thanks!

Hi!

I was also selected, as you can see above! We should definitely keep in touch! Wink
Where are you from?

I think we'll received an email in June...

TCRVR

Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 pm
If you were already selected for the Translation Traineeship, pm me or tt, please! Wink
kasparuz

Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm
If you don't pick up the phone, they send you an email telling they couldn't reach you and ask when they may contact you. Personal experience from a past pre-selection.
M.A

Fri May 17, 2013 6:28 pm
I have also been selected for Luxembourg. I missed the first 4 calls and finally picked up on the 5th Smile

I have received an e-mail after the phone call as well. They will share my e-mail address with other future trainees (and their address with me, I guess) and I will receive another e-mail with more information around mid-June. That's all the information I have right now Smile Ah, and there are 2 other trainees in the Dutch translation unit.

The woman said that if I had any questions I should not hesitate to contact her, but I guess most information will be given in the next mail in June then.
ladybug

Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm
Hey all!
I applied for DG Translation in January for the traineeship starting in October 2013 but still haven't received The Call nor the e-mail...
Will they inform even those who haven't been selected or just those who have passed the selection procedure?
M.A

Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 am
I found the e-mail in my junk mail folder so maybe you have to look there..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum