Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation Traineeship - selection

+28
amlit
Bab
Traineeship2013
GiannaS
komio
mietagosia
kate0307
AlmaAlma
agata
Tanaquil
anna.o
Lilo
Abenámar
gemmacuni
faza82
ladybug
M.A
kasparuz
tt
Flam
traineevit
Greenie
MoreEU4all
Aneena
Sherlock Holmes
martina310
europe4all
TCRVR
32 posters
Go down
agata

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 5 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 pm
Hi! I got a negative answer a while ago, good luck everybody!
GiannaS

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 5 Empty Re: Translation Traineeship - selection

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:29 pm
Hello! I haven't received anything yet but a friend of mine has received a negative answer today (she is also from Italy)... Maybe there is still hope for some of us... Sad
calahangela

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:38 pm
Hello! I got a negative email too about an hour ago (I belong to the Spanish department). I guess they finished calling selected candidates this morning and after that they started sending emails to the non-selected ones... So even if I’m quite disappointed, because I still had a bit of hope, I’m very happy for those who have been selected!! Congrats! And good luck for the traineeship period! I hope you could write here and tell us your experiences after the traineeship

I have a question for you guys who were selected though... What profile do you have that interested most to the traineeship office? Are you already professional translators? Or translation students who want to improve your skills before going out to the professional market? Or any of those, and instead you just want to experience a first contact with the world of translation? I ask that because I still don’t really understand which profile does interest them the most... 

Good luck to everyone and thanks a lot for your comments and participation in this forum! It really made these past moths of waiting much easier knowing that other people are in the same situation!
TCRVR

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:03 pm
Today I was sent the official confirmation email  Wink 

As to the profile they want, I don't really know... I studied Law and i'm planning to work as a legal translator or a lawyer-linguist in the future. However, I have not experience in translation and at the time of the application I wasn't even studying translation (I am right now). I was working as a trainee lawyer. 

Hope I helped anyway Smile
Lilo

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 pm
At least is over now.

Well, congrats to all of you who were selected. I'm sure it's going to be wonderful!! Such a great chance, make the most of it, guys. Very Happy I wish I had been that lucky, but it seems like someone gave me the evil eye this year. No I got my degree in Translation and Interpreting, but nobody gives me a chance to make a career of that. I guess that I'll have to call myself lucky if I spend yet another year being a teacher, ugh. Crying or Very sad
AlmaAlma

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:22 pm
Dear calahangela,
Related to your question about being already a professional translator, the answer I think is NO.
As you have seen form TCRVR's profile, he's not a translator, but he has a legal background. I really hoped that I will be selected because I have a solid translation background (I've been working as a professional translator for over 9 years now), but it seems that they want to train the translators, not to use professionals. 
Anyway... good luck to all the selected ones, make the best of it ... for me it's over with the applications for traineeships... now I'm starting the chapter with translator jobs applications abroad Very Happy... hope to be luckier this time.
I have been a little bit disappointed about the selection procedure (better said, about the lack of information about the procedures and the selections). I think that they could be a bit more transparent and post clearer information on their website.
Traineeship2013

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:37 pm
Regarding Calahangela's question about profiles, I do not have professional experience as a translator either; I only have experience working at a lab and teaching languages. However, I have a degree in translation (and another one in science) and I was living abroad in an English speaking country when I applied.
I do not know how they choose their candidates, though maybe different language sections have different cryteria
Jcal90

Translation Traineeship - selection - Page 5 Empty Chosen, What next?!

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:42 am
Hi All!

I am Justine and I have been chosen for the October 2013 Court of Justice of the European Union translation section. I was called from Luxembourg On Wed 19th June. I confirmed my acceptance the next day and I got the confirmation email with all the necessary documents yesterday!

I would really like to get to know all those selected and that is why I have joined this forum! Moreover, has, maybe, a facebook group been created? Which i could join Smile?

Can't wait for this experience with all of you Very Happy Very Happy
concept.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:43 pm
Congrats Jcal90!

There is one group here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/535798046481505/

Cheers!
Jcal90

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:06 pm
Hi !

Thank you Smile

The thing is that I was chosen for the Court of Justice of the European Union Traineeship and not for the Commission one !

Thank you nonetheless. However if anyone gets to know of any group created specifically for the Court Traineeship, please let me know

Thanks Smile
RalucaBuj

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:10 am
Hello,

I was selected for the DGT in Brussels. So far, reading through these posts, I didn't see anyone mentioning Brussels...all translation trainees seems to go to Luxembourg.
Has anybody been selected for Brussels too?

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum