Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 2020 Traineeship

+27
angepsi
kmh504
brianstorm
Laura Torres
nadinae
DGTapplicant
leti13
to88
Anntony
Maxpsc
dr652
Camille1995
Elisa3
Momou
Candela_fgd
Collot
TPK
AnnaKw
arta2020
Blue Book Traineeship
Agatta
notmyname
mandt
ml12
mirisigy
amles
elisabeth123
31 posters
Go down
Candela_fgd

October 2020 Traineeship - Page 3 Empty Re: October 2020 Traineeship

Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 pm
From my point of view I see it quite unfair

Not only the Commission is not informing about what is going on with the stagiaires of next season but apparently people are already sending mails and getting notified about the selection process in the incoming days?

What about all those like me, who are also waiting for something to be told and didn't take into account these forums?
Anntony

Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:04 pm
Candela_fgd wrote:From my point of view I see it quite unfair

Not only the Commission is not informing about what is going on with the stagiaires of next season but apparently people are already sending mails and getting notified about the selection process in the incoming days?

What about all those like me, who are also waiting for something to be told and didn't take into account these forums?

Its definitely quite inconvenient that the EC is leaving us hanging with no info. But I guess they themselves still need time to figure everything out and lets face it, traineeships arent probably the top priority now for Europe.

For me, it makes no sense to lobby now if I dont even know from when the traineeship would start. If they indeed offered the March session to take our places, so that they could carry on with their interrupted traineeships, then I guess it would make sense if they offered us positions from March...

It would be great if you guys sending out emails would carry on sharing the answers, in case there is some interesting info on the selection process!
kmh504

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:58 pm
Agreed! We're all pretty clueless right now.  Laughing Hopefully we will hear something soon.

Anntony wrote:
Candela_fgd wrote:From my point of view I see it quite unfair

Its definitely quite inconvenient that the EC is leaving us hanging with no info. But I guess they themselves still need time to figure everything out and lets face it, traineeships arent probably the top priority now for Europe.

For me, it makes no sense to lobby now if I dont even know from when the traineeship would start. If they indeed offered the March session to take our places, so that they could carry on with their interrupted traineeships, then I guess it would make sense if they offered us positions from March...

It would be great if you guys sending out emails would carry on sharing the answers, in case there is some interesting info on the selection process!
brianstorm

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:07 pm
Anntony wrote:
Candela_fgd wrote: It would be great if you guys sending out emails would carry on sharing the answers, in case there is some interesting info on the selection process!

I've received this response today, immediately after sending an e-mail:

"Due to the exceptional circumstances, sending of notifications/results is delayed.
For the time being, nothing has been decided yet as regards candidates who applied for the October 2020 session.
Whatever decision is taken, all candidates will of course be informed in due time."

I saw the exact same message from one of the candidates that she had shared on some Facebook group. So I think messaging the Traineeship Office makes no sense at this point.
Momou

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:26 pm
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if we should expect an answer from the Commission soon? Or should we just abandon the idea of receiving something given the period.. Sad ?

to88

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:25 pm
Hey hey guys, former blue booker from Oct 2019 here, am following this with interest cause some of my friends are applying for the Oct 2020 batch.

I know all of you are craving information, I was in the same position this time last year and it took them ages to get their stuff together. Just remember, the admin in the Commission is dreadful. And I mean, really dreadful: absolutely nothing is transparent and everything moves at a positively glacial pace. So, its normal that there is such a delay. However, covid has really messed things up this time around. After the lockdown in March, everyone had to work from home, even the March 2020 blue books intake, so its been a mess since.

I hope you guys hear something soon, but don't put too much pressure on yourselves, the Commission will eventually come through with info (it always does in the end), unfortunately, the bluebook programme is just very bureaucratic, so things just take time.
Laura Torres

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 pm
Hey everyone! I want to share the next information because I honestly feel like the selection process has not been transparent at all, although I understand the big mess the EU has had to deal with along COVID. I have had contact with GLOBAL 1 (EEAS) and DEVCO G1. They are both officially looking for a trainee (don’t know if they have already decided for one while I’m typing this hahah but give it a try).

GLOBAL 1, Mission security coordinator: PACZKOWSKA Malgorzata Joanna (EEAS) email: Malgorzata-Joann.PACZKOWSKA@eeas.europa.eu You can also leave her a message on her voice mail to +32-2584-8872. I would suggest you send her an email first and then you can leave her a message saying your whole name and whatever else you want to say.

DEVCO G1: Jorge de la caballería, DEVCO G1, Latin America and Caribbean. Tel: 32 229 59123. Mr. Jorge always picks up the phone and he considers a huge asset when trainees show interest by calling. Email: juan-jorge.de-la-caballeria@ec.europa.eu the person who is also helping him choose is: Els.BERGHMANS@ec.europa.eu (don’t know exactly who he is but he was the one who replied informing me that I was being taken into consideration on the first screening).

For all those who ask about lobbying, is truly up to you. If you don’t believe if will help you at all then you can just not do it, but if you are hesitating and kind of want to do it, go! And hurry! Also to get more information about DEVCO I’ve talked to Ms. Geraldine Durant (human resources), she was extremely nice, she said that she didn’t know yet which other units would be looking for a trainee but that we can email her later on. Don’t mention my name 😂because she says that she’s not supposed to share this information but if you want to know if there are any other places opened at the EEAS just call Ms. Marta Madej (at around 13 hours) to: +32 25844239 she is Trainees Human Resources, she was the one who told me about GLOBAL 1 and I confirmed it.
kmh504

October 2020 Traineeship - Page 3 Empty 0ct 2020 Bluebook acceptance!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:36 pm
Just got my pre-selected letter saying I am in the bluebook! Who else received theirs?

I know we should perhaps be lobbying right now but I am so confused based on what others have said that there are very few placements as they are all going to March 2020 folks. Thoughts?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:43 pm
Yes, the results are out! Although the situation is rather unusual I would say that there is always incentive to lobby, and fast, as the summer break is approaching. We don't currently know how many places we are competing for and if the internships are going to take place (another Covid quarantine?). Anyway, let's stay positive and see what happens. At least we have our decisions now.
Momou

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:45 pm
Hi Smile

Just received the pre-selected email too! I was planning on lobbying tho even if it's really unclear what will really happen. But for example I don't see the email of the HOME DG. Any thoughts if that may indicate that this particular DG won't take any intern?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:50 pm
I was wondering the same thing, and yes, I believe the DGs that are not listed are the ones that are not having interns this time around (or have M20 returning ones).
brianstorm

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 pm
I got in as well. Do you think it makes any sense to lobby for EEAS?
And when do you think we should expect any feedback from the DGs that would like to interview us?
nadinae

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 pm
Hello,

Regarding lobbying, are you guys planning to use the email addresses received with the notification or are you e-mailing directly the heads of units? From my understanding it is better to email the head of unit you are interested working in, but I am not totally sure.

Good luck with your applications:)

kmh504

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:28 pm
nadinae wrote:Hello,

Regarding lobbying, are you guys planning to use the email addresses received with the notification or are you e-mailing directly the heads of units? From my understanding it is better to email the head of unit you are interested working in, but I am not totally sure.

I guess it all depends. I am just going with the addresses listed because I am sure many heads of unit may be too preoccupied with other things at the moment, and I fear going to the bottom of their inbox Laughing I feel like the addresses listed are created for us with someone dedicated to responding to these types of requests.

nadinae likes this post

Laura Torres

Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:58 pm
kmh504 wrote:

I guess it all depends. I am just going with the addresses listed because I am sure many heads of unit may be too preoccupied with other things at the moment, and I fear going to the bottom of their inbox Laughing I feel like the addresses listed are created for us with someone dedicated to responding to these types of requests.

I mean yeah! They give us those emails so that we get to “bother” the people assigned to trainees recruitment for each DG (reply us with automated answers saying that the selection process is still going and that we have to wait to receive an official offer), instead of the HoUs but, ultimately, the decision of selection you or other candidate is the HoU’s! So to me, sending an email to those (the emails that they give us on the EU platform) it’s absolutely a waste of time, it’s the same if you do it and if you don’t. The point of emailing is to get noticed by the HoUs and the team members they have selected to help them choose! To stand out, out of the other 2000 candidates that are in the blue book data base. But I mean this is just how I see it
Laura Torres

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:04 pm
brianstorm wrote:I got in as well. Do you think it makes any sense to lobby for EEAS?
And when do you think we should expect any feedback from the DGs that would like to interview us?

The DGs are choosing out of a data base of more than 2000 people, they give priority to those who have put them as their first choice! It is up to each HoU to reply to your emails or to dont! It is true that they are all very busy all year round, but at this specific time (this very week) they are all aware is selection time and they expect us to show off our CVs, to email them. I have heard (from Assistants) that most Head of Unit narrow their selection process to only the people who have emailed them! Because they are the most interested. From the EEAS I know GLOBAL 1 is recruiting and from DEVCO: G1, G2 and DG 01 are recruiting.
kmh504

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 pm
Laura Torres wrote:
kmh504 wrote:

I mean yeah! They give us those emails so that we get to “bother” the people assigned to trainees recruitment for each DG (reply us with automated answers saying that the selection process is still going and that we have to wait to receive an official offer), instead of the HoUs but, ultimately, the decision of selection you or other candidate is the HoU’s! So to me, sending an email to those (the emails that they give us on the EU platform) it’s absolutely a waste of time, it’s the same if you do it and if you don’t. The point of emailing is to get noticed by the HoUs and the team members they have selected to help them choose! To stand out, out of the other 2000 candidates that are in the blue book data base. But I mean this is just how I see it

Well you're obviously passionate about it...so you've had some luck then? And responses from HofUs?
Laura Torres

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:12 pm
brianstorm wrote:I got in as well. Do you think it makes any sense to lobby for EEAS?

They tend to interview the 4 people they are preselecting. By the end of the first preselection process (it might be between Wednesday or Friday next week) each HoU who is recruiting will have to send a list of 4 candidates to the Traineeships office. The TO then sends them their lists back after they have made sure they have taken out the people who have also been preselected on another units! So they might give them a list of 3 people or even the same 4 if they haven’t been preselected by any other units. Then they interview those 3-4 again and from there they choose. Then the HoU and the team might or might not email the candidate to tell him/her that they have been selected and that the candidate has to wait until the TO sends them the official offer, which I’m guessing can be between the third week of August and the first week of September.
Laura Torres

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm
kmh504 wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
kmh504 wrote:

Well you're obviously passionate about it...so you've had some luck then? And responses from HofUs?

Haha 😜mmm I started lobbying a few weeks ago, some have replied saying that they will take my CV in consideration for the first screening.
nadinae

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:35 pm
I agree that the best thing to do is to e-mail the HoU's. The addresses received with the pre-selection notification when emailed get back to you with a generic script, telling you what you already know.
Also, two HoU I emailed got back to me saying that they are not looking for interns for the Oct. session, and the rest of emails haven't been answered, but it was Friday, so kind of expected.
So, I guess the chances are very very small for this traineeship, which is a shame and slightly unfair taking into account that we don't get the same amount of places like the previous batches. :/
Laura Torres

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 pm
nadinae wrote:I agree that the best thing to do is to e-mail the HoU's. The addresses received with the pre-selection notification when emailed get back to you with a generic script, telling you what you already know.
Also, two HoU I emailed got back to me saying that they are not looking for interns for the Oct. session, and the rest of emails haven't been answered, but it was Friday, so kind of expected.
So, I guess the chances are very very small for this traineeship, which is a shame and slightly unfair taking into account that we don't get the same amount of places like the previous batches. :/

The batchesssss hahaha yes it’s very unfortunate:/ it’s all the virus’ fault
Laura Torres

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:44 pm
nadinae wrote:I agree that the best thing to do is to e-mail the HoU's. The addresses received with the pre-selection notification when emailed get back to you with a generic script, telling you what you already know.

What I honestly don’t understand is why don’t they let us know which units are currently looking for a trainee! I mean the task of finding out by ourselves is quite the challenge hahaha maybe they are even evaluating our research skills since nowww lol jk
nadinae

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:53 pm
Laura Torres wrote:

What I honestly don’t understand is why don’t they let us know which units are currently looking for a trainee! I mean the task of finding out by ourselves is quite the challenge hahaha maybe they are even evaluating our research skills since nowww lol jk

To be honest it makes sense, and it wouldn't even be that difficult, all they would have to do is an open call to all units interested in taking trainees.
Maybe we can forward the suggestion Razz

Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:55 pm
TBH, contacting the email addresses provided with the preselection letter might be a waste of time. I just noticed that the addresses are repeated throughout the list, eg one address for more than one DG (with a few exceptions, like SG). Are you guys only sending emails to the DG of your choice or diversifying?
brianstorm

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:11 pm
nev.bos wrote:TBH, contacting the email addresses provided with the preselection letter might be a waste of time. I just noticed that the addresses are repeated throughout the list, eg one address for more than one DG (with a few exceptions, like SG). Are you guys only sending emails to the DG of your choice or diversifying?

I figured that too. I sent emails to three Heads of Units of EEAS that are the most compatible to my profile, and one email to FPI. I know that some people send a lot of emails, but I don't feel like writing so many personalized letters to each unit. Also I'm still pretty hesitant since I don't want to come off as desperate Laughing

kmh504 likes this post

kmh504

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:18 pm
brianstorm wrote:
nev.bos wrote:TBH, contacting the email addresses provided with the preselection letter might be a waste of time. I just noticed that the addresses are repeated throughout the list, eg one address for more than one DG (with a few exceptions, like SG). Are you guys only sending emails to the DG of your choice or diversifying?

I figured that too. I sent emails to three Heads of Units of EEAS that are the most compatible to my profile, and one email to FPI. I know that some people send a lot of emails, but I don't feel like writing so many personalized letters to each unit. Also I'm still pretty hesitant since I don't want to come off as desperate Laughing  

This.  Laughing  I guess I am just not as picky as others but there are certain DGs that I applied for that have quite a few units that spark my interest but lobbying them all does not seem appealing. I e-mail one of the e-mails from the list they actually told us to use and the secretary said she would pass on my CV. That's it for now. See what happens from Monday.
nadinae

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Since, I am not sure if any of the preferred DG's will be taking in any trainees I tried to reach to others as well. I still have a few emails left for tomorrow, but, without any proper knowledge of who is taking in, it feels like a game of guessing.
nadinae

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:39 pm
By the way, did anyone here also applied for the Schuman traineeship at the EP? I've noticed there is a March 2020 discussion section, but nothing for the Oct.
brianstorm

Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:41 pm
kmh504 wrote: I e-mail one of the e-mails from the list they actually told us to use and the secretary said she would pass on my CV. That's it for now.

Wow, you already got a message from someone? Was it on Friday?
brianstorm

Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:46 pm
nadinae wrote:By the way, did anyone here also applied for the Schuman traineeship at the EP? I've noticed there is a March 2020 discussion section, but nothing for the Oct.

I did. I applied for one of the posts at the Secretariat of the Committee on Foreign Affairs. I'm wondering if the results will be delayed just like for the Blue Book. After all the EP announced the recruitment way later after Covid outbreak, so maybe they figured out the logistics sooner and we won't have to wait that long?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum