Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 2020 Traineeship

+27
angepsi
kmh504
brianstorm
Laura Torres
nadinae
DGTapplicant
leti13
to88
Anntony
Maxpsc
dr652
Camille1995
Elisa3
Momou
Candela_fgd
Collot
TPK
AnnaKw
arta2020
Blue Book Traineeship
Agatta
notmyname
mandt
ml12
mirisigy
amles
elisabeth123
31 posters
Go down

October 2020 Traineeship - Page 5 Empty Re: October 2020 Traineeship

Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi guys,
Just a quick note to say that I was just on the phone with a Unit within DG MOVE! I haven't lobbied but it was my first choice, so I guess they got my details from the TO. Good luck to all of you too!
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:28 pm
Dammit, everyone seems to have been reached out already except for me Neutral
I already regret applying to EEAS and FPI lol. Do you guys think it'd make any sense to lobby for DGs that I haven't picked in my top 3 in the application?
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:42 pm
brianstorm wrote:Dammit, everyone seems to have been reached out already except for me  Neutral
I already regret applying to EEAS and FPI lol. Do you guys think it'd make any sense to lobby for DGs that I haven't picked in my top 3 in the application?

Well this is what I’m doing hahah because I haven’t had any calls either and I also regret putting the EEAS as my first option :/
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 pm
brianstorm wrote:Dammit, everyone seems to have been reached out already except for me  Neutral

They give priority to people who are emailing them who actually put them as their fist, second or third option but it doesn’t hurt us to try!!
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:51 pm
Laura Torres wrote:

They give priority to people who are emailing them who actually put them as their fist, second or third option but it doesn’t hurt us to try!!

Yeah I think I'm gonna reach out to DG NEAR, I didn't do proper research and now I know I should've picked it instead of Frontex. If no one from EEAS, FPI and Frontex picks me, then maybe I'll end up in DG NEAR at least.
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:00 pm
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

Yeah I think I'm gonna reach out to DG NEAR, I didn't do proper research and now I know I should've picked it instead of Frontex. If no one from EEAS, FPI and Frontex picks me, then maybe I'll end up in DG NEAR at least.

Yeah I’m also doing the research just now super quickly because I don’t know if the HoUs will have to send their shortlists tomorrow or Friday, because I would guess that we basically have until then to lobby
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:55 pm
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

Yeah I’m also doing the research just now super quickly because I don’t know if the HoUs will have to send their shortlists tomorrow or Friday, because I would guess that we basically have until then to lobby

How do you the HoUs will be sending their lists to TO this week?
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 pm
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

Last year for last session, some assistants told me that usually by the end of the same week when they update the blue book platform the HoU already have to send their shortlists. Last year they sent us the confirmation email on a Monday and by Friday the HoU had to have their lists sent. So I assumed that since we got the information on the platform last Thursday that the HoU would have until sometime this week.
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:02 pm
I see now, thanks for the info!
nadinae

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm

There's no harm in trying. That's what I did anyway, although, all the replies I received were not looking for any trainees:/
nadinae

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

Last year for last session,  some assistants told me that usually by the end of the same week when they update the blue book platform the HoU already have to send their shortlists.  Last year they sent us the confirmation email on a Monday and by Friday the HoU had to have their lists sent. So I assumed that since we got the information on the platform last Thursday that the HoU would have until sometime this week.

Really? Woow, now that's something else! If this would be the case, do you maybe know if it will impact how soon we would get notified in case we get picked?
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:20 pm
nadinae wrote:

There's no harm in trying. That's what I did anyway, although, all the replies I received were not looking for any trainees:/

Yeah and I’ve also tried asking some HoUs if they know what other units are looking for a trainee and all they say is that there are very few, so that we should email only the ones we are interested in🤷🏻‍� I don’t understand this years’ process! Is zero efficient! Most units I’ve emailed I’ve got the same answer, that they already have a trainee.
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:39 pm
nadinae wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

Last year for last session,  some assistants told me that usually by the end of the same week when they update the blue book platform the HoU already have to send their shortlists.  Last year they sent us the confirmation email on a Monday and by Friday the HoU had to have their lists sent. So I assumed that since we got the information on the platform last Thursday that the HoU would have until sometime this week.

Really? Woow, now that's something else! If this would be the case, do you maybe know if it will impact how soon we would get notified in case we get picked?

I’m assuming that if we make one of those shortlists and then we are the ones chosen, then the HoU might or might not email us by the end of July to let us know that we are the ones they are choosing. But if we don’t get the email by the HoU we could still get an offer towards mid-August or up until the first week of September.

You guys are there any non-EU, like me, here?
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:44 pm
DG MARE D3 is also looking for a trainee! If anyone’s interested. HoU elisa.roller@ec.europa.eu
nadinae

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:55 pm
Laura Torres wrote:
nadinae wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:
brianstorm wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

I’m assuming that if we make one of those shortlists and then we are the ones chosen, then the HoU might or might not email us by the end of July to let us know that we are the ones they are choosing. But if we don’t get the email by the HoU we could still get an offer towards mid-August or up until the first week of September.

You guys are there any non-EU, like me, here?

Alright, thanks for the info!
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:00 pm
Laura Torres wrote: You guys are there any non-EU, like me, here?

I’m from Poland.

Laura Torres likes this post

DGTapplicant

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm
Are there any other European Parliament October 2020 applicants here?
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:16 pm
DGTapplicant wrote:Are there any other European Parliament October 2020 applicants here?

Here🙋🏻‍�But I haven’t received any calls or emails yet haha:(
nadinae

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:17 pm
DGTapplicant wrote:Are there any other European Parliament October 2020 applicants here?

I applied, but I haven't heard anything from them and the status of the application says ongoing.

nadinae

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm
Laura Torres wrote:

I think their selection procedure is a bit more straightforward in the sense that they either contact you for an interview or make you an offer straight away, and there is no lobbying required, etc.
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 pm
I think I said this like 3 times already but I also applied for the PE traineeship and I also have the “ongoing” status.

Laura Torres likes this post

Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:23 pm
nadinae wrote:
Laura Torres wrote:

I think their selection procedure is a bit more straightforward in the sense that they either contact you for an interview or make you an offer straight away, and there is no lobbying required, etc.

Yes because people apply for specific units! So the team only needs to look among those 200 applications and take out a shortlist from there. Compared to the EC it’s much harder to get in, because if COVID wouldn’t have happened we would all have a 33% of chance of getting a place at the EC (Its way lower for non-EUs) once making the Blue Book.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:40 pm
About the timeline: I got am email from the lady who interviewed me today saying they have informed the TO that my application is approved and TO should contact me by the end of July. I assume with a formal offer (or I hope)! So, if we are to judge from that, there are a few more weeks before the decisions are made. I guess everyone is away in August, but if there are more places to be filled, they are quite capable of contacting people in September even! Also, not all trainees from M20 have prolonged their internship, some of them worked from home and were even capable to go back to the offices recently. That was at least the case in the DG Move.
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:44 pm
nev.bos wrote:About the timeline: I got am email from the lady who interviewed me today saying they have informed the TO that my application is approved  and TO should contact me by the end of July. I assume with a formal offer (or I hope)! So, if we are to judge from that, there are a few more weeks before the decisions are made. I guess everyone is away in August, but if there are more places to be filled, they are quite capable of contacting people in September even! Also, not all trainees from M20 have prolonged their internship, some of them worked from home and were even capable to go back to the offices recently. That was at least the case in the DG Move.

Could I ask you about the interview? What did she ask you??
brianstorm

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 pm
nev.bos wrote:About the timeline: I got am email from the lady who interviewed me today saying they have informed the TO that my application is approved  and TO should contact me by the end of July. I assume with a formal offer (or I hope)! So, if we are to judge from that, there are a few more weeks before the decisions are made. I guess everyone is away in August, but if there are more places to be filled, they are quite capable of contacting people in September even! Also, not all trainees from M20 have prolonged their internship, some of them worked from home and were even capable to go back to the offices recently. That was at least the case in the DG Move.

Could you please share which DG were you interviewed for?
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:47 pm

Was it either DG MOVE 0.1, A.5, B.3 or D.2???
DGTapplicant

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 pm
brianstorm wrote:

Could you please share which DG were you interviewed for?

Yeah, can anyone who's had an interview please let us know what was asked and how laid back or serious it was? Did they insinuate that you would get an offer/be shortlisted or anything during the call? Were you asked to prove language abilities? Thanks.

brianstorm likes this post

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:29 pm
So, for my interview: the lady was very nice, no pressure. Standard interview questions : presentation, studies, skills, work experience. Be prepared for questions about the reasoning behind choosing the specific DG, especially if it's not in line with your studies or experience. A good answer there, in my opinion, can make or break the deal. Then , she explained the work that the DG is doing, your place in it, work responsibilities etc.
It didn't feel strenuous or hard, as I said, it is just a conversation. All in English, no other languages tested Very Happy . I hope it can be of help, good luck to everyone!
Laura Torres

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 pm
nev.bos wrote:So, for my interview: the lady was very nice, no pressure. Standard interview questions : presentation, studies, skills, work experience. Be prepared for questions about the reasoning behind choosing the specific DG, especially if it's not in line with your studies or experience. A good answer there, in my opinion, can make or break the deal. Then , she explained the work that the DG is doing, your place in it, work responsibilities etc.
It didn't feel strenuous or hard, as I said, it is just a conversation. All in English, no other languages tested Very Happy . I hope it can be of help, good luck to everyone!

It has been of great help!! Thank you sooo much! (:
DGTapplicant

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:48 pm
nev.bos wrote:So, for my interview: the lady was very nice, no pressure. Standard interview questions : presentation, studies, skills, work experience. Be prepared for questions about the reasoning behind choosing the specific DG, especially if it's not in line with your studies or experience. A good answer there, in my opinion, can make or break the deal. Then , she explained the work that the DG is doing, your place in it, work responsibilities etc.

Thank you! One more question, have you been asked to send any documents such as a copy of your degree and passport?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum