Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 2020 Traineeship

+27
angepsi
kmh504
brianstorm
Laura Torres
nadinae
DGTapplicant
leti13
to88
Anntony
Maxpsc
dr652
Camille1995
Elisa3
Momou
Candela_fgd
Collot
TPK
AnnaKw
arta2020
Blue Book Traineeship
Agatta
notmyname
mandt
ml12
mirisigy
amles
elisabeth123
31 posters
Go down
Laura Torres

October 2020 Traineeship - Page 9 Empty Re: October 2020 Traineeship

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:44 pm
kmh504 wrote:
nadinae wrote:Guys, since yesterday on my application page this message has been displayed [The application deadline for this training period has passed, and you may no longer submit an application form. The deadline for applications was reached on the following date: 31/01/2020 (12:00 Brussels time) ] however, up until yesterday that corner section used to display my candidate number and status of my application. Now, I am wondering, is there perhaps a link between me not being shortlisted by any unit and this change? Maybe all the stress makes me reading too much into it, but if my application would still be ongoing, shouldn't the status say active, etc?
Has this change occurred on your pages as well? What are your thoughts on this?

Mine says the same thing. No idea - maybe just an automatic update now that they are caught up with the process?

Yes I agree! It’s just an update that has nothing to do with the preselection process all Blue Books are going through right now

nadinae likes this post

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm
Let's hope it's just that! I have the same on my account, the previous day it was even "Application forms March 2021"....
dr652

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:29 pm
I think it might be connected with the fact that they briefly opened applications on 16 July and now it is closed again and on the official website there is an information that for openings for March 2021 "dates to be confirmed". It might mean they are really taking into account the e-mail some of us signed, it might be a good sign and a ray of hope Very Happy

nadinae likes this post

arta2020

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:04 pm
Hello guys any news? can someone provide me with the email of TO?
brianstorm

Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:44 pm
arta2020 wrote:Hello guys any news? can someone provide me with the email of TO?

No news, except for one of the candidates who sent our open letter to the EC has updated us on the situation via email and also created a secret Facebook group. I’ll send you a private message with the link to it.

As for contacting the TO, there is no email address, you can go to the BB Traineeship website and you’ll find the contact option at the bottom.
angepsi

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi guys,

I was also preselected but so far i have not been contacted by anyone. I did some lobbying and the dg eac told me one week ago that they hadnt started selecting yet.
Still no news though.

I saw about this letter you guys sent but i didnt get the chance to read it or sing it. Could I also be involved in this group?

Thx in advance!
brianstorm

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:59 pm
angepsi wrote:Hi guys,

I was also preselected but so far i have not been contacted by anyone. I did some lobbying and the dg eac told me one week ago that they hadnt started selecting yet.
Still no news though.

I saw about this letter you guys sent but i didnt get the chance to read it or sing it. Could I also be involved in this group?

Thx in advance!

Aren’t you in the Facebook group for EC Trainees? There were threads about signing a petition and what not. Anywho, one of the candidates created the secret facebook group only for those who applied for the October 2020 session. I just sent you the link in private message.
angepsi

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:36 pm
I joined the group just after you guys sent the letter! thanks for the link i just send a join request
AdaT

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 am
Hey guys,

Let me tell you my experience so far with this procedure which lacks any transparency or decency (in my view). Any feedback is welcome because honestly I do not know what the best approach would be.

1. Before the results of the eligibility check I was contacted by a Unit at my second choice on the list (DG COMP). I lobbied somewhere in April I think. After a nice conversation (I would say they were impressed/ satisfied of my application and there seemed to be a match there) I was asked "for transparency reasons" weather DG COMP was my first choice as they only pick people who chose them first. I said no and they said maybe I can contact my first choice to make sure they do not chose me. However, I was not guaranteed any position within the Unit.

2. After eligibility check, I lobbied for some Units of interest in my first chosen DG, knowing that the DG COMP (second choice) only want people who chose them first. Unbelievable if you ask me. I was contacted by a Unit in the DG GROW who was interested in me. I said I was also interested, despite that it was not my main interest, but knowing that with the current covid situation there are few positions and I had no answers from the Units where I lobbied Sad. Then they said they reserved me (without me knowing what that means) and that I will be given the chance to accept or refuse their offer within 1 week after receiving it, from my account. It seemed great. Side note: no phone call here, all by email.

This week, I was contacted by another Unit for which I lobbied, by e-mail (the HoU said their trainee who was supposed to be in this spring session, after having confirmed that will continue in October, eventually said no). They were excited about me and this Unit which was actually my main interest in applying with the EC. My CV, experience, academic records was perfect for this Unit. The email seemed the dream.. So I was very excited and they said they will chose me and that we should schedule a call next week to get to know each other better. Then they came back with an email and said I was already reserved by another Unit so there is no point in talking further. I said I was still interested and that I do not mean what reserved means, I have not accepted any offer formally. (Side note, for what I understood in that discussion with the guy from the EC, if several Units are interested in us, we could choose). Further they said that unfortunately they do not have the official confirmation that they will be able to actually take a trainee (haha..), but nothing stops me from talking to the Unit that reserved me to "unbook" me. Bold right?.. they do not know if they have a position open, but I could give it a try to risk a position which is certain for them?
Just like the guys at the DG COMP.. "hey.. we are interviewing other people, no position guaranteed for you, but you may contact your first DG to make sure nobody chooses you in case we might pick you)..

So my questions are:
1. What am I supposed to do now?
2. What is this thing with the reservation? I see it as totally not fair.. why be reserved by someone so that others cannot have access to you? Why can't we turn down an offer for one that we appreciate fits us better? The Units can choose 2-4 candidates, but we do not have this chance?

To me, this situation is unbelievable, with rules that are not clear and we are talking about a European Institution with people applying from all over the world. I honestly feel everybody is mocking us and taking advantage for our interest to work with the EC, but instead they are giving us nothing but uncertainty, no engagement from anybody, only promises and the burden is all on us.. I plan on writing a message to the TO.. I won't probably solve anything, but I least I draw attention on this situation..
nadinae

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:18 am
AdaT wrote:Hey guys,

Let me tell you my experience so far with this procedure which lacks any transparency or decency (in my view). Any feedback is welcome because honestly I do not know what the best approach would be.

1. Before the results of the eligibility check  I was contacted by a Unit at my second choice on the list (DG COMP). I lobbied somewhere in April I think. After a nice conversation (I would say they were impressed/ satisfied of my application and there seemed to be a match there) I was asked "for transparency reasons" weather DG COMP was my first choice as they only pick people who chose them first. I said no and they said maybe I can contact my first choice to make sure they do not chose me. However, I was not guaranteed any position within the Unit.

2. After eligibility check, I lobbied for some Units of interest in my first chosen DG, knowing that the DG COMP (second choice) only want people who chose them first. Unbelievable if you ask me. I was contacted by a Unit in the DG GROW who was interested in me. I said I was also interested, despite that it was not my main interest, but knowing that with the current covid situation there are few positions and I had no answers from the Units where I lobbied Sad. Then they said they reserved me (without me knowing what that means) and that I will be given the chance to accept or refuse their offer within 1 week after receiving it, from my account. It seemed great. Side note: no phone call here, all by email.

This week, I was contacted by another Unit for which I lobbied, by e-mail (the HoU said their trainee who was supposed to be in this spring session, after having confirmed that will continue in October, eventually said no). They were excited about me and this Unit which was actually my main interest in applying with the EC. My CV, experience, academic records was perfect for this Unit. The email seemed the dream.. So I was very excited and they said they will chose me and that we should schedule a call next week to get to know each other better. Then they came back with an email and said I was already reserved by another Unit so there is no point in talking further. I said I was still interested and that I do not mean what reserved means, I have not accepted any offer formally. (Side note, for what I understood in that discussion with the guy from the EC, if several Units are interested in us, we could choose). Further they said that unfortunately they do not have the official confirmation that they will be able to actually take a trainee (haha..), but nothing stops me from talking to the Unit that reserved me to "unbook" me. Bold right?.. they do not know if they have a position open, but I could give it a try to risk a position which is certain for them?
Just like the guys at the DG COMP.. "hey.. we are interviewing other people, no position guaranteed for you, but you may contact your first DG to make sure nobody chooses you in case we might pick you)..

So my questions are:
2. What is this thing with the reservation? I see it as totally not fair.. why be reserved by someone so that others cannot have access to you? Why can't we turn down an offer for one that we appreciate fits us better? The Units can choose 2-4 candidates, but we do not have this chance?

To me, this situation is unbelievable, with rules that are not clear and we are talking about a European Institution with people applying from all over the world. I honestly feel everybody is mocking us and taking advantage for our interest to work with the EC, but instead they are giving us nothing but uncertainty, no engagement from anybody, only promises and the burden is all on us.. I plan on writing a message to the TO.. I won't probably  solve anything, but I least I draw attention on this situation..

According to the info section on our accounts, it is possible for a trainee to be booked by several DG's / units, in this case the TO office intervenes in order to make sure that the candidate is being offered the most suitable / preferred option. At least that's what I understood when I read that section a while ago. Now, if the last unit which contacted you is also your first option, I don't see why is not possible for them to book you, maybe they are not aware of this option in which case you should confirm with them (I highly doubt it though). Personally, I would contact the TO clarify this misunderstanding and to make sure you are offered a place in a unit that suits you and your interests the best.
I agree with you that more transparency would work wonders. A system through which we would be notified when someone is booking us would allow us to know that at least we are on the right track, etc.
arta2020

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:50 am
Guys, do you think we who haven't been contacted by no one, still we have a chance?
nadinae

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:58 pm
nadinae wrote:
AdaT wrote:Hey guys,

1. Before the results of the eligibility check  I was contacted by a Unit at my second choice on the list (DG COMP). I lobbied somewhere in April I think. After a nice conversation (I would say they were impressed/ satisfied of my application and there seemed to be a match there) I was asked "for transparency reasons" weather DG COMP was my first choice as they only pick people who chose them first. I said no and they said maybe I can contact my first choice to make sure they do not chose me. However, I was not guaranteed any position within the Unit.

So my questions are:

To me, this situation is unbelievable, with rules that are not clear and we are talking about a European Institution with people applying from all over the world. I honestly feel everybody is mocking us and taking advantage for our interest to work with the EC, but instead they are giving us nothing but uncertainty, no engagement from anybody, only promises and the burden is all on us.. I plan on writing a message to the TO.. I won't probably  solve anything, but I least I draw attention on this situation..

According to the info section on our accounts, it is possible for a trainee to be booked by several  DG's / units, in this case the TO office intervenes in order to make sure that the candidate is being offered the most suitable / preferred option. At least that's what I understood when I read that section a while ago. Now, if the last unit which contacted you is also your first option, I don't see why is not possible for them to book you, maybe they are not aware of this option in which case you should confirm with them  (I highly doubt it though). Personally, I would contact the TO clarify this misunderstanding and to make sure you are offered a place in a unit that suits you and your interests the best.
I agree with you that more transparency would work wonders. A system through which we would be notified when someone is booking us would allow us to know that at least we are on the right track, etc.

As for the lack of decency, I really don't think this is the case. Nowadays any recruitment process is very difficult, this one even more, taking into account the huge number of applicants.
Camille1995

Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:31 pm
Arta2020, I didn't have a proposal or a real interview either! But I have been highly recommended to apply again for March 2021 .. I believe there is not much hope Sad

arta2020 likes this post

arta2020

Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Hello guys, do you think if one of the DGs has not responded can we resend the lobbying emails, or is it too much?
DGTapplicant

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:23 pm
Have any other Schuman applicants heard back about whether they were shortlisted? I just got the 3 notifications.
dr652

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm
DGTapplicant wrote:Have any other Schuman applicants heard back about whether they were shortlisted? I just got the 3 notifications.

I got a text as well! I was shortlisted for one of the Units. I'm wondering whether this means that in case my documents are ok, I will most probably receive an offer? I think there won't be any interviews at this stage?
brianstorm

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:58 pm
dr652 wrote:
DGTapplicant wrote:Have any other Schuman applicants heard back about whether they were shortlisted? I just got the 3 notifications.

I got a text as well! I was shortlisted for one of the Units. I'm wondering whether this means that in case my documents are ok, I will most probably receive an offer? I think there won't be any interviews at this stage?

I haven’t received anything yet Sad
TS.K.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 pm
I received that I'm short-listed for one, but no news from my other 2 options, which is a bummer as I was hoping for a positive answear for them Sad does that mean that I'm rejected from them. I was already interviewed from the one I am now shortlisted, but they already told me that i am not their 1st choice so I have lost all hope for them.
Momou

Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm
If we did not received any email saying you were shortlisted (my applications said still in treatment) does that means that we have not been selected and its over?
DGTapplicant

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Momou wrote:If we did not received any email saying you were shortlisted (my applications said still in treatment) does that means that we have not been selected and its over?

No, I'm sure the process is still ongoing. You'll probably hear from them at some point soon.
brianstorm

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:51 pm
DGTapplicant wrote:
Momou wrote:If we did not received any email saying you were shortlisted (my applications said still in treatment) does that means that we have not been selected and its over?

No, I'm sure the process is still ongoing. You'll probably hear from them at some point soon.

Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot that the status says it's still ongoing, so there's still a chance, haha.
If I may ask, has anyone here applied for the Directorate-General for External Policies of the Union?

Edit: Also, I'm surprised that some of you guys received a notification during the weekend lol. I'd expect it in the working days.
dr652

Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:51 pm
brianstorm wrote:
DGTapplicant wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot that the status says it's still ongoing, so there's still a chance, haha.
If I may ask, has anyone here applied for the Directorate-General for External Policies of the Union?

Edit: Also, I'm surprised that some of you guys received a notification during the weekend lol. I'd expect it in the working days.

I applied to DG EXPO and got a message today that I'm shortlisted.
And yeah, I'm sure this is just the beginning of the process, I haven't received any info on my 2 remaining choices.
Indeed, it was a nice surprise to get this message today Very Happy
DGTapplicant

Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:57 pm
For the Schuman traineeship, do you think it would be in poor form to ask if we are the top candidate on the shortlist versus second or third? Do you think the traineeship outreach office would even be able to divulge this information to us? Thanks.
DGTapplicant

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:00 pm
Also, does anyone know if they shortlist two applicants or three applicants per successful application? I know that for the EC traineeship they shortlist 3 per post.
Momou

Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:39 am
DGTapplicant wrote:Also, does anyone know if they shortlist two applicants or three applicants per successful application? I know that for the EC traineeship they shortlist 3 per post.

I just read the FAQs and according to the French version they can select up to 4 candidates per positions. The English version does not mention any number tho ("If the first shortlisted candidate rejects the offer, fails to respond by the set deadline or is not eligible for the position, the next shortlisted candidate on the list will be contacted and so forth.")
nadinae

Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:09 pm
Hi,

Are there any BB candidates here who received an official offer yet? From my previous understanding I thought that successful candidates will be notified by the end of July, however, I haven't heard of anyone being emailed.
brianstorm

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm
nadinae wrote:Hi,

Are there any BB candidates here who received an official offer yet? From my previous understanding I thought that successful candidates will be notified by the end of July, however, I haven't heard of anyone being emailed.

There’s a rumour that the EC will add vacancies, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed the selection process, since they kinda have to start it again. Also one of the units replied that they will select their candidates until mid-August. So I guess there’s another delay

nadinae likes this post

dr652

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
It looks like European Parliament rejections are out (check your profile, I didn't get any e-mail notification)
Ana Nichitus

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:22 am
Hi guys! Looks like the results from the EC O2020 selection process are coming in. Anyone here who already received an offer from DG EAC, DG REGIO or DG EMPL? Thanks!
Momou

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:30 am
Hi everyone Smile

I saw that the applications for the March Blue Book session opened yesterday. However since then I can't access the page (The EUROPA server is temporarily unavailable). Am I the only one?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum