Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call for results

+19
ismaelamur
winston_smith
Tennieola
lu_cette
amelia_25
Papillon7747
frarmx
Heca
zznn
JoJo92
DWEOC
mrkr
JudyM
cstjo
GwladysF
TanzVerbot
SiriF
vitSvit
evangelia32
23 posters
Go down
evangelia32

Call for results Empty Call for results

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 pm
Hello to everyone!
Has everyone been informed about the results for October 2017 traineeship? Because I check my status frequently but I havent been sent the results of the preselection period yet... Shocked Do they call first? I had some calls from a private number but I didnt get it on time! And I could have called back if I knew the number.
Thank you
Heca

Call for results Empty Re: Call for results

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:27 pm
Do you mean pre-selection or selection? If you're in the Blue Book, then they don't appear to have published the results yet - I haven't received any updates on the system, nor have others I know. I'd guess that any calls would likely be either from teams who want to interview you, or the Traineeships Office (e.g. if you're the first choice for multiple teams who are all on your preferences list and they want you to pick one).
evangelia32

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 pm
Well I don't know yet if I am preselected. My status profile has only my candidate number and the copy of my application...
Heca

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:50 pm
If you applied for October 2017, preselection has passed. Do you have nothing below that at all - anything that looks like this?
Call for results Ecas_p10

Everyone should've been notified of the preselection outcome at the end of June, whether successful or not.

evangelia32

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:40 pm
No I don't... And by the beginning of July we hould all have been notified either for a positive or negative result... So you all have been notified firstly with the results and after there were calls from the Departments?
JoJo92

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 am
I have the official offer in my EU Traineeship inbox now!

Check yours
SiriF

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 am
I also just received my official offer!! Very Happy cheers
vitSvit

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 am
Guys, who received official offers, can you please also mention whether they contacted you before ? Just to know whether there are some chances to receive an offer if they did not contact me earlier.
SiriF

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:18 pm
vitSvit wrote:Guys, who received official offers, can you please also mention whether they contacted you before ? Just to know whether there are some chances to receive an offer if they did not contact me earlier.

I was in contact with two units that listed me as their preferred candidate, but I have a friend who did a BB about 2 years ago and she received an offer without having been contacted! I also heard from someone doing her BB now that some DG's recruit very late and might even contact candidates after the official deadline...So there still hope, definitely!
vitSvit

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:21 pm
SiriF, thanks !
TanzVerbot

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:45 pm
I also received my offer this morning. Looking forward to getting to know everyone in person.
Heca

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:27 pm
I just received my offer as well. They got in touch with me beforehand - but it looks like several people on this forum are still in the process of being selected, i.e. haven't been rejected. I think all the first choices and so forth have been notified, but there are remaining places they still need to allocate because of people who were booked by multiple DGs, etc.

Tanz, SiriF, JoJo - where/what DG will you be based at? Smile
GwladysF

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm
For those who received their official offer: did you guys get an e-mail as well or are you just checking your ECAS account from time to time?

I contacted the HR department of a DG I was in touch with and which was one of my preferences, but they told me that apparently I have been reserved by another DG. Still didn't get any official communication and I am wondering whether I will really get the official offer or not Shocked
Heca

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:53 pm
I got an email telling me to check the ECAS account. Seeing as someone else on this forum got theirs a few days ago, it's possible they're doing it in batches.
GwladysF

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:57 pm
Thanks Heca, so it means I will keep waiting.

In any case, it seems that I was reserved by a DG without having been contacted directly for an interview.

I would suggest people who have not been contacted by any Unit to ask the HR departments of their preferred DG for updates about the status of their file...
cstjo

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:24 pm
Hi everyone! Congratulations to those getting an offer! Did anyone get an offer for DG Trade - Investment Unit?
bilgeyis

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:57 pm
Hi all!Congrats to those with offers! I was wondering if they send rejection e-mails at the same time?Considering that I had no interviews at all,I expect rejection, that's why wondering scratch
JudyM

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 am
I also got an offer :-)
I have two questions: do we need to somehow officially accept it and what is the 'stage online' account that we are supposed to be checking regularly according to this email?
mrkr

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:40 am
@cstjo, I'm in DG Trade! Congratulations all on getting in! I have a feeling this is gonna be a great experience.
DWEOC

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 am
Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum for a while, but haven't posted until now.

Happily I got an offer yesterday for a unit in Luxembourg, with DG Connect. Anyone else heading to the Grand Duchy?
JoJo92

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:24 pm
vitSvit wrote:Guys, who received official offers, can you please also mention whether they contacted you before ? Just to know whether there are some chances to receive an offer if they did not contact me earlier.

Yeah, I had a phone interview with the Unit that took me on board: However I think it is quite common to get selected with no contact.
PLUS now that first round offers are released some spots will become available as candidates turn the unit/DG down
JoJo92

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:25 pm
Heca wrote:I just received my offer as well. They got in touch with me beforehand - but it looks like several people on this forum are still in the process of being selected, i.e. haven't been rejected. I think all the first choices and so forth have been notified, but there are remaining places they still need to allocate because of people who were booked by multiple DGs, etc.

Tanz, SiriF, JoJo - where/what DG will you be based at? Smile

Hey Heca Smile
I'll be at the EEAS,
What about you?
Anybody interested in looking at a share flat/ house near the EU offices?

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Hey everyone,
I have received my confirmation email for a Traineeship with a cabinet Yesterday (from the TO). Before that I was contacted by the cabinet to confirm my change of preference (it was DG Comp that had already booked me). Therefore don't worry, nothing is decided until you receive some kind of message by the TO.
Looking forward to seeing you in Brussels!!!
zznn

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 pm
Just as @JudyM, I was wondering if we are supposed to confirm the offers in any way? And where to expect the official placement offer?
Heca

Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 am
JoJo92 wrote:
Hey Heca Smile
I'll be at the EEAS,
What about you?
Anybody interested in looking at a share flat/ house near the EU offices?

Oh, that's cool! I'll be working in one of the cabinets. Perhaps we can arrange a drinks thing for people from the forum when we're all in Brussels!
frarmx

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:32 pm
Hi, guys! I've just received the formal offer, I will be at DG COMP : D
What about creating a facebook group where we can swap info and advice?
Heca

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:04 am
https://www.facebook.com/groups/322429068212701/

I've just found this group - seems to be what we had in mind!
bilgeyis

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:06 pm
has anyone received any updates? Like rejections too?
Papillon7747

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:54 pm
Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!
amelia_25

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:27 pm
Papillon7747 wrote:Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Hi, yes I am non-EU and received an offer from the TO !
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum