Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
applicant

Selection results Empty Selection results

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm
The Traineeship Office has started sending placement offers today. It appears that only candidates who were selected have received an email. If you are one of them, can you please provide information concerning the exact time you received the offer, the desk that sent it and the DG that selected you. Thank you!
didox

Selection results Empty Re: Selection results

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:10 pm
actually, not all of the selected candidates received an answer today. I know from the DG called me and said they will choose me , so may be we can say today some of the selected candidates were sent an e-mail.
gaia

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 am
Hi everybody

I got my rejection e-mail today :-(

Though doing the internship in March would have been quite complicated for me now (many things have happened since i sent my application last summer) still I didn't like not being retained..
Well, hope to be more lucky next time!
By the way, can I ask those who were selected if they lobbied, and in case you did, HOW did you lobby?
I think there was something wrong in my lobbying strategies - I sent e-mails to the heads of unit, and only called on the phone the unit that had contacted me.
But I waited for a week before calling them - I think I should have done it before, and maybe more times.
I have the feeling theDG have made their choice very early, in the first week after the preselection results or so.
Please let me know, it will be helpful for next time Rolling Eyes

Good luck to those who passed. enjoy Laughing
gaia

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:47 am
Hi everybody

I got my rejection e-mail today :-(

Though doing the internship in March would have been quite complicated for me now (many things have happened since i sent my application last summer) still I didn't like not being retained..
Well, hope to be more lucky next time!
By the way, can I ask those who were selected if they lobbied, and in case you did, HOW did you lobby?
I think there was something wrong in my lobbying strategies - I sent e-mails to the heads of unit, and only called on the phone the unit that had contacted me.
But I waited for a week before calling them - I think I should have done it before, and maybe more times.
I have the feeling theDG have made their choice very early, in the first week after the preselection results or so.
Please let me know, it will be helpful for next time Rolling Eyes

Good luck to those who passed. enjoy Laughing
Luise

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 pm
I was selected for a traineeship at the EC starting March the 1st, 2010. My experience with lobbying was a bit funny in the sense that I lobbied only for my first 2 choices…and…surprisingly enough, the placement offer I got came from the only DG I did not lobby at all. So…I do not know what to say, how effective lobbying really is. In my case it did not work out, this is why I tend to think that being accepted or not does not only depend on the lobbying strategies.
gaia

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:56 pm
Thanks Luise for yr reply.
I also talked to two other people (one who is currently doing the stage and another who was accepted for March) and found out they both were accepted without lobbying.
The first one didn't lobby at all, the second lobbied her 3 chosen DGs but was finally selected by another one.
So I guess maybe NOT lobbying is the way to get in...
jess180

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:01 pm
Hi Gaia,

There seems to be such split opinons on lobbing! I was selected but didnt lobby my chosen DG. In fact I wasnt even aware that we were able to lobby so hadnt planned to do anything more after sending in my application! I suppose it depends on the DG but I would guess that some units dont like it because they get overwhelmed with 1000s of emails and phone calls when theyve already got a lot of information to go through.
Personally, my advice to people would be not to contact the DG. Anything that works in your favour should already be on the form under motivation. I wouldnt want to risk my name being noticed for the wrong reasons-disturbing busy people with phone calls! But maybe thats just because of my lucky experience. Would be interesting to hear from ppl who thought lobbying was the main reason they were successful. Anyway good luck with your next application!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum