Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October traineeship

+18
adeline_1
Bee
YNGRIIIID
Gord1
bricle1
Nelle20
lau88
luckas89
c_l
Daisy
Oslo09
Lawgirl
ginestra
SMossou
JobSearcher16
Rman
T_L
candidate
22 posters
Go down
bricle1

October traineeship - Page 2 Empty Re: October traineeship

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:28 pm
luckas89, well I received e-mail, that I am not selected. But for me it wasn`t clear, if it is only for one of the departments which I selected or both.
luckas89

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:34 pm
Ok got it, maybe someone who have already applied for the traineeship before could be more helpful than me, this is my first time.
Gord1

Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:21 pm
I got an email informing me that I am on the reserve list for Communication 9 days ago, fingers crossed..

Best of Luck!
YNGRIIIID

Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:57 am
Hello everybody. I am from Argentina and i have got an email saying that i have been selected for a traineeship in the EP directorate for external policy, Latin Ameriac unit. I was told to send the supporting documents by post until july, 20 th. I have already sent the documets. I am so excited. The question is: we are selected, really? so we have to wait for the official letter, right? It is a fact, or in some cases people who was selected and sent the documents weren´t selected finally? It is my first time and i don´t know very well the process.
Nelle20

Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:43 am
YNGRIIIID wrote:Hello everybody. I am from Argentina and i  have got an email saying that i have been selected for a traineeship in the EP directorate for external policy, Latin Ameriac unit. I was told to send the supporting documents by post until july, 20 th.  I have already sent the documets. I am so excited. The question is: we are selected, really? so we have to wait for the official letter, right? It is a fact, or in some cases people who was selected and sent the documents weren´t selected finally? It is my first time and i don´t know very well the process.

Hi YNGRIIIID, congrats! I think that if you sent all the supporting documents, as requested [ with date, electronic signature, written signature and so on], the official letter is only a formality. I wouldn't worry Smile
bricle1

Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm
Congrats everyone who are selected or in the reserve list!
So I wanted to ask again, are there coming only one e-mail with acceptence or rejection for both departments which I choosed in application form or two different e-mails?
Sorry for silly question, but I am still confused.
ginestra

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:26 pm
Bricle1: I just received an email for the DG I applied. I haven't received any email for the other DG that I applied. So I suppose that we receive only one email for the two DG's...
Nelle20

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 pm
@Bricle1: same here, I only got an e-mail from the DG that was actually my second option and I haven't heard anything from the other DG I applied to, so I think, like ginestra, that we only receive one e-mail.
bricle1

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:44 pm
Ook, thanks ginestra and Nelle20 Wink
YNGRIIIID

Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:37 pm
Thank you Nelle20. I hope so. I am so anxious!!! I hope my file ´ll be completed and they send the confirmation mail soon. i can´t wait. Are they so demanding respect to the documents? Some people say, they aren´t.
Bee

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:19 am
Can somebody please help me, I've been selected and I sent out my documents mast week by registred letter so I could make sure they arrived, they didn't because apparently the address is unknown and they were returned so I sent them again and the same thing happened. I'm getting desperate because I don't want to lose this internship so before I send out my documents again can somebody please send me the address so I can make sure there was no mistake? If youdon't want to put the address here you can send it to: stinglikeabee90@gmail.com. Thank you.
Nelle20

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:27 am
Bee wrote:Can somebody please help me, I've been selected and I sent out my documents mast week by registred letter so I could make sure they arrived, they didn't because apparently the address is unknown and they were returned so I sent them again and the same thing happened. I'm getting desperate because I don't want to lose this internship so before I send out my documents again can somebody please send me the address so I can make sure there was no mistake? If youdon't want to put the address here you can send it to: stinglikeabee90@gmail.com. Thank you.

Didn't you sent the documents to the address provided in the e-mail you received?
I don't have the e-mail right now, but if I remember correctly it was in Luxembourg, Plateau du Kirchberg.
I've sent my documents by a special post service and according to the tracking system they arrived, so the address is correct.
Nelle20

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:49 am
Ok, found it:
European Parliament
Traineeships Office
GEO 02A018
Plateau du Kirchberg
L-2929
Luxembourg

At least this was the address I received in the selection e-mail
Bee

Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:53 pm
Yes i received the address and it was correct, there was a problem at the post office, but it has been resolved now. Thank you.
YNGRIIIID

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:24 pm
Hi, i recieved the same address
European Parliament
Traineeships Office
GEO 02A018
Plateau du Kirchberg
L-2929
Luxembourg
But the post office in my conuntry dindn´t allow me send the documents without a person´s name in the package, so i wrote the name of the person who sent me the e- mail, Pierre-Antoine Barthélémy and the same address. I think there is no problem. According to the international post service the documents arrived and were delivered. I hope so.
Nelle20

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:04 pm
@Bee: I'm glad it's all good now Smile

@YNGRIIIID: As long as the post tracking system confirmed they arrived, everything should be ok.
I would save the confirmation of delivery you received from the international post service, just in case you might need to have a proof.
I saved mine, don't think I'll need it, but since it's my first time applying to a traineeship in any EU institution, I don't really know how well the system works and I don't want to take any chances Smile
YNGRIIIID

Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:19 pm
Have anyone already received the confirmation email ?
Nelle20

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:07 pm
A confirmation e-mail that the application is "complete and eligible"? No, I haven't, I suppose they'll send something after the 20 July deadline....
YNGRIIIID

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm
Yes i am talking about this. I read that they usually send the emails on july, 17th, 18th or 19 th. I can´t wait. I am so anxious.
Nelle20

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:34 pm
Really? Didn't know that, first time applying...
Well then we'll probably know something tomorrow and if not, then next week.
Try not to worry, it's out of your hands now anyway and besides, as far as I understood, for the EP, as long as you received the selection e-mail, you basically have the position, provided the documents you sent support the affirmations in your initial application. So if you sent all the documents, you should be fine Smile
YNGRIIIID

Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:43 pm
Oh i hope so. I sent all the documents by post and then i realized i haven´t sent a copy of a certificate of a course of sex months, because i thought we have to send a copy of a degree of a carreer of 3 years or more. So i sent a copy of my degree whic corresponds to a carreer of 4 years. I informed that to the traineeship office and sent they a digital copy of the certificate, so they can verify the information.
They said me they´ll check the documents when they arrive and let me know if the file is completed. I understood that they are considering the digital copy. Don´t you? I Hope so.
Nelle20

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm sure if the certificate of your 6 month course is needed, they will take into consideration the digital copy you sent them.
In the e-mail I received they requested simple copy of university diploma(s), and the whole point of supporting documents is to verify the info you put in the application form. So if you put university diploma and a 6 month course in the application, then those are the documents you have to send them. I find it funny that they don't ask to verify language certificates or work experience [ if the case], I mean anyone can put basically anything in the application form and they only ask for studies proof...but anyway, as far as I read on this forum, the whole selection process is very much like a lottery and not necessarily based on qualifications.
YNGRIIIID

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:28 pm
You are right. I read that the process in the EC is different. They ask for the language knowledge certificates and copy of the qualifations. I found so strange that the Parlament didn´t.
YNGRIIIID

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:29 pm
We have to wait for the confirmations now. OMG! I hope all will be alright.
Nelle20

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:41 pm
They will send an e-mail telling us if the application is complete, but the official admission letter will arrive later in august, at least that's what I read on this forum in the previous traineeship sessions.
I am curious if that's actually the case, I wonder if there are people on this thread that applied before or know exactly how the system works, maybe they could tell us? Guys? Anyone?
ginestra

Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:48 pm
Nelle20: Are you sure that they will send an email to us to say if the application is complete? Because in the "FAQ", it's written that they don't send an email if there is no problem with our application... Honnestly I'm really stressed about the documents and I hope that they will send a "confirmation" email!
Nelle20

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:19 pm
ginestra: Well, I called the traineeship office a couple of days ago, because I wasn't sure if I signed the check list or not and i wanted to know if that might be a problem or if I should resend the check list...anyway, the lady who answered told me that I shouldn't worry, they go through all the documents and if there is something missing or if they need more info they will get in contact with us and also that they will send an e-mail letting us know if the application is "complete& eligible" which actually sounds logical to me.
And I also remember reading somewhere on this forum a discussion on a previous session where selected candidates said they received a confirmation of eligibility e-mail.
Anyway, in case we don't hear anything by end of July, I'm going to call again, especially since as far as I know, August is a holiday month, so a letter of admission might be late in arriving..
Nelle20

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:28 pm
Why are you stressed about the documents, if you don't mind my asking? If you have a confirmation of delivery from the post tracking system and you double checked before sending them and made sure you have the copy of application, the copy of ID, the copies of the diplomas you said you have in the app form, the trainnee agreements, confidentiality agreement and check list, all signed, then it should be fine. Or am I missing something? Isn't this the final selection?
ginestra

Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:31 pm
Nelle20: Thank you very much for your message! I have also some doubt about a document*, so I suppose that if they have any problems with it, they will contact me later Smile I searched for a call number, but I didn't find it!
But ... Did we have to sign the check list ? :p I just put my name on it!

Last edited by ginestra on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
SMossou

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:33 pm
b

Last edited by SMossou on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum