Share
Go down
avatar
Luluu
Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-12-04

EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 am
Hi everyone, since it hadn't been created yet, here is the topic for the October 2018 European Parliament traineeship. Good luck to everyone! cheers
Mone
Posts : 1
Join date : 2018-07-01

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:39 pm
Hey Luluu, thank you for creating the topic Smile
Best of luck to everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences during the selection process... fingers crossed.
kovt
Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-01-02

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi guys!
Does anybody know whether we should lobby after we have applied for the traineeship with the European Parliament? Lobbying is very common when it comes to a traineeship with the European Commission, however, I am not sure whether it is so with respect to the European Parliament traineeship.
123456
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-07-09

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 am
Hi everyone! I applied for legal traineeship already in April, but i still havent been contacted by the EP. As I understood, we will be informed about the selection process in late July, but I was wondering whether some of you have already been accepted? Many thanks! :-)
natv
Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-07-26

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:09 am
Hello everyone!
I was informed that I was pre-selected today, so I imagine that you will all hear from the EP soon. Smile
avatar
Luluu
Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-12-04

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:46 pm
Congrats Natv! Did you get an email or a phone call?
Fingers crossed for everyone else Smile


Last edited by Luluu on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
123456
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-07-09

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:03 pm
Thanks a lot! I guess we just have to wait a bit longer. May i ask which department u applied for?
natv
Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-07-26

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:17 pm
Thank you everyone!
I wasn't contacted for a particular offer, they just sent me an email from personel saying that I passed the first phase of the selection process (ie pre-selected) and that I should send a copy of my diplomas etc. I assume you will receive the same thing as me too Smile
123456
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-07-09

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:19 pm
I hope so, fingers crossed and of course congrats to you!!
natv
Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-07-26

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 pm
As I understand it, everyone that has passed the first phase of selection will receive the same generic email and only after that should we expect to start receiving offers. As for lobbying, I don't know if I will do it, I don't have any experience with that sort of procedure! But I guess it wouldn't hurt your chances.
Pessego
Posts : 5
Join date : 2018-07-13

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:31 pm
Cheers everyone,

got the same e-mail this morning. Fingers crossed now
avatar
Luluu
Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-12-04

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:06 pm
For those of you who haven't read the thread for the previous session, a few things I remember:
- they usually send the emails in batches, so I'm assuming if we didn't get an email this morning, it might not be a very good sign
- from what I understand, lobbying isn't a thing for EP traineeships (unlike EC traineeships)
- if you get shortlisted, you might not always get an offer (that's what happened to me last time :/ ) So I would advise you to have a backup plan.
ma_19
Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-01-12

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:37 pm
Hi guys!
Are there any rejections received?
I have not yet received an answer at all.
201718
Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 am
I am shortlisted as well Very Happy . However, I have a question according to "a scanned copy of your university diploma(s) clearly mentioning the date(s) of the degree(s) obtained". I am doing my second master and I will graduate this September, do I need to attach the registration certificate of my second master program? ( I indicated my second master in the education part of the application form. )
EvelinH
Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:53 pm
201718 wrote:I am shortlisted as well  Very Happy . However, I have a question according to "a scanned copy of your university diploma(s) clearly mentioning the date(s) of the degree(s) obtained". I am doing my second master and I will graduate this September, do I need to attach the registration certificate of my second master program? ( I indicated my second master in the education part of the  application form. )

I have just merged together my BA diploma and enrollment confirmation from my MA. Smile
max_7
Posts : 5
Join date : 2017-08-13

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:19 am
Hello everyone,

I too received an email on Friday informing me of my shortlisted status. However, I have a small concern. In the mail received there is a slight contradiction for the naming convention to be followed. While in the mail body, we were asked to submit the document as "SURNAME Firstname - Document name", in the example at the bottom of the mail, the format was "SURNAME Firstname - Traineeship for university graduates - Document name". Which one should we follow? Are they strict about such issues?

Best of luck to everyone.

Max
grazia.grazia
Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-07-16

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm
Hi everyone,
I've been shortlisted for a traineeship at the Secretariat of the European Parliament and one month ago I got a call from a DG, I 've just sent all the documents in the format SURNAME Firstname - Traineeship for university graduates - Document name (I hope that's correct!) and I'm already can't wait to get an answer! Do you thing those who got shortlisted will need to wait long to get ad offer or to know if they will be placed in the reserve list?

Good luck to everyone!!
201718
Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:04 pm
grazia.grazia wrote:Hi everyone,
I've been shortlisted for a traineeship at the Secretariat of the European Parliament and one month ago I got a call from a DG, I 've just sent all the documents in the format SURNAME Firstname - Traineeship for university graduates - Document name (I hope that's correct!) and I'm already can't wait to get an answer! Do you thing those who got shortlisted will need to wait long to get ad offer or to know if they will be placed in the reserve list?

Good luck to everyone!!

As I read from the discussion of the previous traineeship, if you are actually "shortlisted", you will receive their mail within one or two weeks after you have sent your documents. If you have to wait for more than two weeks, than you are probably on the reserve list.
EvelinH
Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm
ma_19 wrote:Hi guys!
Are there any rejections received?
I have not yet received an answer at all.

A friend of mine just received the rejection letter today. Sad
grazia.grazia
Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-07-16

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:54 pm
What about the others who got shortlisted?? Did you send the documents? Have anyone already received an offer?
EvelinH
Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm
grazia.grazia wrote:What about the others who got shortlisted?? Did you send the documents? Have anyone already received an offer?
I sent mine off right after I received the letter about being shortlisted (last Friday)...I guess, it's all waiting game now but it gives me anxiety for sure haha
grazia.grazia
Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-07-16

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 pm
EvelinH wrote:
grazia.grazia wrote:What about the others who got shortlisted?? Did you send the documents? Have anyone already received an offer?
I sent mine off right after I received the letter about being shortlisted (last Friday)...I guess, it's all waiting game now but it gives me anxiety for sure haha

I'm getting so anxious too!! ahah
EvelinH
Posts : 8
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 pm
Anyone applied for the Sakharov Prize traineeship? Smile
Stageir
Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-07-14

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:00 am
My degree is in Latin. Does anyone know if this is acceptable?
nilu
Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-07-17

Offers

on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:48 pm
Luluu wrote:Hi everyone, since it hadn't been created yet, here is the topic for the October 2018 European Parliament traineeship. Good luck to everyone! cheers


Has anybody received an offer yet?

Thanks!
natv
Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-07-26

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:49 pm
No offers yet, and I sent just my BA diploma, not the enrollment for the MA, I hope that's okay.
So stressful! Rolling Eyes
nilu
Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-07-17

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:50 pm
natv wrote:No offers yet, and I sent just my BA diploma, not the enrollment for the MA, I hope that's okay.
So stressful! Rolling Eyes

Yes me too, hopefully it's okay!

And stressful indeed... Crying or Very sad
natv
Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-07-26

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 pm
mamcdo wrote:My degree is in Latin. Does anyone know if this is acceptable?

Normally it should!
grazia.grazia
Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-07-16

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 am
Guys!! I received an offer yesterday around 5 p.m. !!! I am so happy Very Happy
Do you know if for accepting I just need to reply to that email I received? Is that enough? I simply replied that I accepted and I atteched a copy of my criminal record.

Good luck to everybody, I really hope to see you all in Brussels.
nilu
Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-07-17

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:20 am
grazia.grazia wrote:Guys!! I received an offer yesterday around 5 p.m. !!! I am so happy Very Happy
Do you know if for accepting I just need to reply to that email I received? Is that enough? I simply replied that I accepted and I atteched a copy of my criminal record.

Good luck to everybody, I really hope to see you all in Brussels.

Congratulations!

Can I ask when you submitted your documents?
Sponsored content

Re: EP traineeship October 2018

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum