Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lobbying process

+85
Ingen
diana_jarv12
msg
cp2010
sgarei
magdalena_
simonsimon
ElizabethBennet
agri trainer
Deny
isa5
yian11a
cagliostro70
Slutsky
Dingo
mmcdonald
soof
HearSay
paula88
chilled
vomit75
Someuropa
cazz_89
manuyoo
europe4all
Ena
amra
AM123
gabor89
graninigloups
Londoner
sandman
SuSa11
elvis4ever
D.A.G
Ania
palua
thomas04
Sasha89
Thaily
mms
slav
MarkVHS
roller_coaster
joel1
nikolina.m
Molina
ejkej
EUtrainee
V88
beebee
alex88
angelapia
suzan
messi88
zupa24
Kat227
maud158
LaLaLand
ccro
msjoy
law2law
MarketaCZ
Lawyer10
Saar
keenbeans
XantManos
heda
Mims
Raluca_M
etoilefilante
DeZavala
Bleue
kris123
Petroselinum
MartaPL
coolup
Linnamaria
blinkblink
MissQuin
grazia
lucia_roman
Lidohan
NicBed
cjlind87
89 posters
Go down
thomas04

Lobbying process - Page 9 Empty Re: Lobbying process

Thu May 15, 2014 3:54 pm
@europe4all

just go this from DEVCO/G Latin American and Carribean

Thank you for interest expressed in joining our team. However, we have already made our decision for selecting trainees.

I think most units have pretty much selected their trainee by now, we can just hope for some late turn downs by fellow trainees
MarkVHS

Thu May 15, 2014 4:08 pm
angelapia wrote:

@MarkVHS:

you have said that "This is the third time I get preselected and this time it looks I have been luckier as I got phone calls."
Have you changed anything in your application or strategy? Why do you think this time so many Units contacted you?
Thanks!!!

It's the second time I've been preselected. Last time I only sent one lobbying email, and way too late anyway. I've got quite a lot of relevant experience, so that's why I've been contacted by several units, I guess.
MarkVHS

Thu May 15, 2014 4:10 pm
grazia wrote:@etoilefilante and @slav Yes, I meant news after the interview. I only got one interview with ELARG Albania (despite the fact that I badly wanted to end up with Bosnia :)and today I wrote an email asking about the outcome and the HoU replied me that they "preselected" me but I am not sure what that means (maybe he meant shortlisted). Fingers crossed for everybody. Balkans rule Smile

The HR Department of DG Enlargement told me on Tuesday that a list of candidates has been compiled and was sent to the Traineeships Office. So I guess decisions have already been made, but have not been communicated yet.
joel1

Thu May 15, 2014 5:17 pm
Hi!
I have received an email from a unit saying that they will give strong preference to the candidates who have indicated their DG as first preference. I don't understand. Are they not aware of the fact that we can't select particular DGs in the application form?
Londoner

Thu May 15, 2014 5:44 pm
sandra1 wrote:Hi!
I have received an email from a unit saying that they will give strong preference to the candidates who have indicated their DG as first preference. I don't understand. Are they not aware of the fact that we can't select particular DGs in the application form?

Hi was it the Legal Services?
In the application, you could indicate with interested areas 'legal'. I presume that is what they mean
Sasha89

Thu May 15, 2014 5:47 pm
Yes, in the application there was an area of interest and even question on the motivation for the choice and why your profile was suitable.
joel1

Thu May 15, 2014 5:53 pm
Londoner wrote:

In the application, you could indicate with interested areas 'legal'. I presume that is what they mean

Nope. It's DG Employment. And there was no "employment" category in the areas of interest, as far as I know. Smile 
Londoner

Thu May 15, 2014 6:08 pm
sandra1 wrote:
Londoner wrote:

Nope. It's DG Employment. And there was no "employment" category in the areas of interest, as far as I know. Smile 

That is weird. I did receive an email that DG employment has made their selection for this year already
joel1

Thu May 15, 2014 6:15 pm
Well maybe they have and the person who answered me is definitely not well informed.
Who sent you this reply and when?
Londoner

Thu May 15, 2014 6:26 pm
sandra1 wrote:Well maybe they have and the person who answered me is definitely not well informed.

I got it yesterday from their HR
Londoner

Thu May 15, 2014 6:28 pm
sandra1 wrote:Well maybe they have and the person who answered me is definitely not well informed.

Who did you get it from?
joel1

Thu May 15, 2014 6:32 pm
Londoner wrote:

I got it yesterday from their HR

Oh, then they are probably right. I received my answer yesterday morning. Fingers crossed!
europe4all

Thu May 15, 2014 8:27 pm
thomas04 wrote:@europe4all

Thank you for interest expressed in joining our team. However, we have already made our decision for selecting  trainees.

I think most units have pretty much selected their trainee by now, we can just hope for some late turn downs by fellow trainees

Thanks thomas04

I also received the same message seconds after I posted my question here.

Do you know anything from other units?

V88

Thu May 15, 2014 8:45 pm
graninigloups wrote:
I just received an email today from the EEAS'. Africa Department saying that  they put me as a "priority candidate" in their division. They did so without even contacting me by phone or email.. They also said that the final say has to come from the TO and not from them.

So then I asked the TO who told me: "Please note that only DGs/units choose their trainees following the profiles of the candidates and the needs of their DGs. Placement offers will be sent out at the beginning of June. The Traineeships Office Unit does not intervene in this process, and accordingly has not responsibility in the final selection of candidates (potentials trainees) by DGs/units" .

Ahah, bref, I really don't understand this procedure..

Thanks!

From my experience, the DGs and only the DGs judge qualifications and make decisions on who they want as their trainee. However, as an organisational and a hierarchical matter only the TO can make the official offer. It's just a formality though. If the DG has requested your recruitment you're in.
angelapia

Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 am
@ beebee, MarVHS, AM123 and amra:
Thank you for your kind answers.

@ all:
In case any of you gets an "informal" confirmation (which sounds like a 70% possibility to get the traineeship) before the 2nd of June, please let us know telling us also the DG and the Unit...

Meanwhile let' s not lose hopes: the glass is half full!!  Wink 
Good luck!!
manuyoo

Lobbying process - Page 9 Empty Can somebody explain me this email?

Fri May 16, 2014 10:37 am
Hi! and thank u for all ur comments. Finally, I got a doubt about something on this selection... After lobbying to several units, and also using the general trainee emails, I got this email, which I don't understand (but it seems general):

«Dear Candidate,

Thank you e-mail(s) to the Home and/or Just services demonstrating your interest in our DGs. Our services have transmitted their selection to DG EAC, which will inform you on the results.
Yours sincerely,

Chèr(e) candidat(e),

Nous vous remercions votre/vos courriel(s) à la DG Home et/ou Just montrant votre intérêt pour nos DGs. Nos services ont transmis leurs sélections à la DG EAC qui vous informera des résultats.
Salutations,

SRD Home-Just – Team

What do u think?
PS: also I haven't got any calls from EC or interviews or etc...
Londoner

Fri May 16, 2014 11:00 am
manuyoo wrote:Hi! and thank u for all ur comments. Finally, I got a doubt about something on this selection... After lobbying to several units, and also using the general trainee emails, I got this email, which I don't understand (but it seems general):

«Dear Candidate,

Thank you e-mail(s) to the Home and/or Just services demonstrating  your interest in our DGs.  Our services have transmitted their selection to DG EAC, which will inform you on the results.
Yours sincerely,

Chèr(e) candidat(e),

Nous vous remercions votre/vos courriel(s) à la DG Home et/ou Just montrant  votre intérêt pour nos DGs.  Nos services ont transmis leurs sélections à la DG EAC qui vous  informera des résultats.
Salutations,

SRD Home-Just – Team

What do u think?

I got the same, I don't know what it means either. Did you lobby to DG Home or DG Just or both?
Londoner

Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 am
Has anyone had an interview with DG Just?

And, has anyone heard from the Cabinets?
manuyoo

Fri May 16, 2014 11:06 am
@ Londoner

yes, for the general email address and for some units in DG Home and Justice. They share the Human Resources Unit, but or it was a mistake, or they sent our email to the DG Education?? The only answer I got from my lobby was «already selected» or «no trainees» Rolling Eyes

Last edited by manuyoo on Fri May 16, 2014 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
cazz_89

Fri May 16, 2014 11:30 am
Londoner wrote:
manuyoo wrote:Hi! and thank u for all ur comments. Finally, I got a doubt about something on this selection... After lobbying to several units, and also using the general trainee emails, I got this email, which I don't understand (but it seems general):

«Dear Candidate,

Thank you e-mail(s) to the Home and/or Just services demonstrating  your interest in our DGs.  Our services have transmitted their selection to DG EAC, which will inform you on the results.
Yours sincerely,

Chèr(e) candidat(e),

Nous vous remercions votre/vos courriel(s) à la DG Home et/ou Just montrant  votre intérêt pour nos DGs.  Nos services ont transmis leurs sélections à la DG EAC qui vous  informera des résultats.
Salutations,

SRD Home-Just – Team

What do u think?

I got the same, I don't know what it means either. Did you lobby to DG Home or DG Just or both?

I also got the same e-mail. I only lobbied DG Home Affairs (Diroctorate B - Migration and Asylum). Why is their selection being forwarded to EAC?
Londoner

Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am
cazz_89 wrote:
Londoner wrote:

«Dear Candidate,

Yours sincerely,

Chèr(e) candidat(e),

Salutations,

SRD Home-Just – Team

What do u think?

I also got the same e-mail. I only lobbied DG Home Affairs (Diroctorate B - Migration and Asylum). Why is their selection being forwarded to EAC?

Did you hear anything back from them?
Other than this email? (interview)?
cazz_89

Fri May 16, 2014 11:46 am
Londoner wrote:

No I did not have any interviews... I wonder if I should take that as a bad sign Sad
Londoner

Fri May 16, 2014 12:10 pm
cazz_89 wrote:
Londoner wrote:

No I did not have any interviews... I wonder if I should take that as a bad sign Sad

I don't know either. My friend got an interview with DG Home, but I haven't heard of anyone getting interviews with DG Just though
MartaPL

Fri May 16, 2014 11:53 pm
europe4all wrote:

Thank you for interest expressed in joining our team. However, we have already made our decision for selecting  trainees.

Thanks thomas04

Hey!

Did all of you who lobbied these units receive this e-mail? I lobbied G1 and G2 and haven´t received nothing so far...
Someuropa

Sat May 17, 2014 10:02 am
Londoner wrote:
cazz_89 wrote:
Londoner wrote:

I don't know either. My friend got an interview with DG Home, but I haven't heard of anyone getting interviews with DG Just though

Londoner, do you know which unit of DG Home Affairs that contacted your friend? Was it B Migration, Asylum? Thanks in advance!
europe4all

Sat May 17, 2014 12:19 pm
MartaPL wrote:
europe4all wrote:

Thanks thomas04

Hey!

Did all of you who lobbied these units receive this e-mail? I lobbied G1 and G2 and haven´t received nothing so far...

Hi MartaPL

I don't have any news from these units. Do you know anything about the EEAS units? I read you had an interview with one of them
Londoner

Sat May 17, 2014 1:07 pm
Someuropa wrote:
Londoner wrote:
cazz_89 wrote:
Londoner wrote:

Londoner, do you know which unit of DG Home Affairs that contacted your friend? Was it B Migration, Asylum? Thanks in advance!

I don't but I will ask!
Londoner

Sat May 17, 2014 1:09 pm
Someuropa wrote:
Londoner wrote:
cazz_89 wrote:
Londoner wrote:

It was Directorate C
Someuropa

Sat May 17, 2014 7:59 pm
Thank you for the information Londoner! I'm waiting for an answer from DG Home, Unit B and I hope that there is still some hope, time will tell..
law2law

Mon May 19, 2014 10:31 am
DG Trade Unit F2 does not have a place for a trainee in the October 2014-February 2015 session.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum