Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selection process

+21
caoscaos
kapo123
s.giossi
iulia
K
Ant
elina
tomaszkulawik
blueberrypie
fank
dishwasher
alina1986
catarininhah
lill
jankoc
ntky
rena_sim
EUGirl
babalui
stefanarvatu
zk86
25 posters
Go down
zk86

Selection process Empty Selection process

Sat May 14, 2011 10:44 am
Hello everybody!!

I sent my application a week ago. Since the application period finishes tomorrow, I think that we should comment here how the recruitment goes.

Fingers crossed!
stefanarvatu

Selection process Empty Re: Selection process

Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am
I already applied in april so all i can say is good luck everybody. Very Happy
babalui

Thu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm
Hi,

I applied a week ago as well, super nervous now. Neutral
EUGirl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:51 pm
Hello guys,

I've just found this forum - so so useful!
I had a call this morning from the press office in London about the traineeship. It was an informal chat but felt very much like an interview! Anyone else heard anything back?
babalui

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:42 pm
Wow, already? That seems awfully fast! Anyway, fingers crossed for you!
EUGirl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:30 pm
Yeah, but that's for the Parliament Traineeship - i think the rules are a bit different. They were really nice tho and said I probably won't hear a definite yes or no until late in July.
babalui

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm
Yeah, that's what I applied for as well... In the FAQ's it says that we'll find out about a month or two before the traineeship starts, hence the surprise at the fast call back. But maybe it's because it's the press office in London and not the actual parliament...
EUGirl

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:01 pm
babalui - I think so too. In any case - they said not to get my hopes to high as it is not their decision - Brussels decides and then they let you know.
rena_sim

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:59 pm
Hello, I have a question..we will be informed 1-2 months before, so this means on august?? I thought we would have an answer on July..

Sad
babalui

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:28 pm
Can't find where I read that, I might be wrong, sorry! Very Happy But they said we'll have plenty of time to gather all the documents and think it over.
ntky

Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:57 pm
Hey everyone,

Just a short question. Does any of you have any news about the selection of the European Parliament trainees? Is there an interview face as well? When they make their final decisions?

Tanks in advance!!!
jankoc

Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm
Any news about the Robert Schuman traineeship (journalism option)? Has any of you received some kind of response (for ex. "preselection email")? I have only received an email for the Translation traineeship. Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!!
lill
lill

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm
I've just got my rejection email for the EP Translation Traineeship...It's the second time in a row they reject me. I'm trying to figure it out what kind of profile they seek. I have two internationally recognized language certificates in two of the working languages (English, French) and I also did an internship in European affairs, I have a BA Economics, MA Politics...what's missing?
babalui

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Hmmm, people posting in the EC section are discussing lobbying for the traineeship position... Has anyone here done that?
rena_sim

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:16 pm
What lobby in EP??? We don't even know the results yet...But as I know the General option will be announced on July? Am I right or not?

Does anyone have any news?

Please answer
babalui

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:18 pm
Hey, I'm just asking... What a Face
catarininhah

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 pm
ludmilla_rei wrote:I've just got my rejection email for the EP Translation Traineeship...It's the second time in a row they reject me. I'm trying to figure it out what kind of profile they seek. I have two internationally recognized language certificates in two of the working languages (English, French) and I also did an internship in European affairs, I have a BA Economics, MA Politics...what's missing?

I'm not sure but I thought that for translation they would actually require previous formation in translation...
rena_sim

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 pm
babalui wrote:Hey, I'm just asking... What a Face

I am sorry..! I was just asking too..

By the way I can't stand it anymore! I want to know the result even if I am not selected!!!
alina1986

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 pm
ludmilla_rei wrote:I've just got my rejection email for the EP Translation Traineeship...It's the second time in a row they reject me. I'm trying to figure it out what kind of profile they seek. I have two internationally recognized language certificates in two of the working languages (English, French) and I also did an internship in European affairs, I have a BA Economics, MA Politics...what's missing?

I am guessing that they take almost exclusively people with a translation or foreign language degree/experience because, very often, knowing foreign languages is not enough to be a translator...you need some formal training in the methods that are used. With you profile it seems that you would be a good candidate for the EP traineeship 'general option'. Have you tried that?
dishwasher

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm
In the European Parliament, you don't need to lobby (it is only for the Commission), because there is no preselection process: either you're taken, either you're not. Last year, I got my rejection email on the 15th of july (to be precise), so find a way not to think about that because when they say "mid-july', they MEAN mid-july.
lill
lill

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:42 pm
@alina 1986: Yes, I did. I'm waiting for the results of the selection.
babalui

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 pm
Cheers for the info, dishwasher! It certainly makes the waiting period less stressful.
fank

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm
hello, I have an interview for the Parliament. I was told that I will might get the confirmation even in September. Does anybody know when we should get it?
fank

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:38 pm
*I had. In the FAQ page says that we'll be informed 2-3 months before. So that's July. Maybe he meant the official invitation? I want to know when they will send me if I am selected or not.
blueberrypie

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm
Hey, fank! If they decide to select you, they will send you an official invitation e-mail before the end of July. Then they will tell you which documents you need to send in. When they receive the documents and they find everything ok, they will send you a hard copy of the official invitation letter in regular mail. Sometimes the hard copy can arrive quite late (in September) but before the end of July you will normally know if you are selected or not.Smile
fank

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 pm
ok. he didn't mention about July. maybe he knows only about the final invitation. thanks a lot!
blueberrypie

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:13 pm
Oh, by the way, which DG was he from?Smile I am still waiting to hear something from my first choice....
tomaszkulawik

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:36 pm
Some of my friends already know they have been selected. Let's hope for the best if there's still a chance.
fank

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 am
hello, I got an offer yesterday from DG for Presidency. anyone else?
elina

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm
no unfortunately nothing yet for me...but aren't we supposed to receive the email mid-july??how come that some people already know that they are preselected? i am a bit confused...!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum