Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interviews

+58
ecobus
angelapia
Finna
idealia
Ursula13
ALEXAN12
gannatsel
mariju
alicemarie
ams47w
ab527
loolapaloozas
aust2000
MLand
skaykilmaz
laurip
ada.s
grey18
kigeugeu
Christos_Marazo
pinootie
AlZa
Luna77
prox_n
wwy
monique1302
Anni1
kasparuz
yanke
DutchBB
milera
pancho974
scsj
rocknrohl
minka
dinamo
mlle
sonnenblume
baanka
europe4all
DSS
schatten
rabrab
EleonoraM.
Dora19
eupotential
at86
Elanor
estrella13
ECandidate
Anne-Lise
KS2012
arty99
alex2006
Flam
JakubCZ
palindrom
kimkillah
62 posters
Go down
monique1302

Interviews - Page 6 Empty Re: Interviews

Fri May 24, 2013 8:07 pm
kasparuz wrote:Hi all,

2 things:

1) I have "lobbied" the cabinet of one DG and got a generic reply. Mz question is, should we lobby all units we're interested in within one DG or contacting the cabinet means you're interested in the whole DG? Thanks

2) I was contacted by the EACEA which of course I hadn't contacted and was not among my preferred areas...that was just an informal talk explaing what they were looking for and if I was interested

Cheers and good luck to all!

I'm interested in EACEA Smile And... what are they looking for? Very Happy

I've send 3 emails with CV and cover letter to EAC and EACEA units (I'm actually interested in only those 2), but got only 2 automatic replies and no phone calls so far... Let's hope for the best Very Happy
alex2006

Fri May 24, 2013 9:22 pm
DutchBB wrote:Hey me3. Unit c1 (children's rights) also said to me they weren't taking interns for October.... Strange, they send me an e-mail beginning of this week.

Actually I am not quite sure is it Unit C1, I didnt even Lobby DG Justice, the women that has talked to me said that is calling on the behalf of the director of the Unit Paul Nemetz if I understood well, she also mentioned Unit C....
DutchBB

Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 pm
Ok, Paul Nemitz is the unit head of DG Justice Unit C. Did you study law or have legal experience in this field? It would be awesome to get a traineeship in unit C, which would be my first choice. So nice!! (Bit jealous obviously)...
alex2006

Fri May 24, 2013 11:28 pm
DutchBB wrote:Ok, Paul Nemitz is the unit head of DG Justice Unit C. Did you study law or have legal experience in this field? It would be awesome to get a traineeship in unit C, which would be my first choice. So nice!! (Bit jealous obviously)...

I actually have bch degree in Political Science, and master in European Constitutional Law, currently I am working in the Constitutional Court, so might be because of my experience in area of the protection of the fundamental rights. She didnt say anything about an official offer, only ask for availability, and can I leave my current job in the Court for 5 months, and that she is gonna call me next week.
I lobbied DG Enlarg, DG EEAS and DG Communication... but not DG Justice
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Sat May 25, 2013 8:35 am
alex2006 wrote:
DutchBB wrote:Hey me3. Unit c1 (children's rights) also said to me they weren't taking interns for October.... Strange, they send me an e-mail beginning of this week.

Actually I am not quite sure is it Unit C1, I didnt even Lobby DG Justice, the women that has talked to me said that is calling on the behalf of the director of the Unit Paul Nemetz if I understood well, she also mentioned Unit C....

Mr. Paul Nemitz is the Director of Directorate C in DG Justice, which then comprises Units C1, C2 and C3. If you got a call from someone on his behalf, it can be because either his cabinet will be hosting on trainee, or because his cabinet is the one making the selection of a trainee for either of the mentioned Units. Considering some people mentioned here having specifically contacted C1 and they had told them they were not hosting trainees and also from the fact that they currently have a trainee, the same happening with Unit C2 (which I am almost sure won't be hosting a BB trainee as well, as they currently have a BB one, a NEPT one and will have an atypical after the summer), the only Unit I see available within that Directorate is C3 (where, indeed, there are no trainees at the moment and will likely host one next session).

From the comments I see you are making some confusion between what are Units and Directorates. A DG (which means Directorate General) is organized the following way:
- A Director General (who is the most important person within the DG)
- Several Directorates (A, B, C, etc), which are each run by a Director
- Several Units, which fit into each Directorate (A1, A2, A3, etc) and are run by a Head of Unit and, in some cases, also by a Deputy Head of Unit.

So, you should lobby to the Heads of Unit, as most trainees are hosted in the Units and they're the ones making the selection process. However, some Director's cabinets also host trainees, but that's more rare. Everyone I know is doing their traineeship in an Unit of a DG or in an Executive Agency. I know only one person who's a trainee in a Director's cabinet and he's an atypical trainee.

I hope this clarifies things up Wink
alex2006

Sat May 25, 2013 10:09 am
Thanks for your explanation EC Candidate Smile Now it makes sense Smile you are our organization chart Wink

I now work in the Cabinet of the President of the Constitutional Court, so it might be that my profile fits with what they are looking for. Lets hope... maybe there were just checking randomly my availability.
DutchBB

Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 am
That would be so cool if you can get a traineeship there, I wish you good luck! Thanks for the explanation ECcandidate.
wwy

Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 am
I've got a question. Have you heard of anyone being interviewed in language other than English/French/German? Let's say that I stated I know some other language which could be important for a particular unit. Do you think they would check that during the phone talk? Don't know if I should prepare myself for that...
EleonoraM.

Mon May 27, 2013 1:38 am
Hi wwy,

I didn't hear that from anyone. But if that language is quite important to the unit, I suppose it might also serve as a criteria to make a final decision, and if so I would prepare myself just in case! This is just my hunch, though! Smile
prox_n

Interviews - Page 6 Empty Call

Mon May 27, 2013 9:00 am
Hi there!

I have received a call already on friday 17 Very Happy unfortunately I didn't hear my phone so I missed the call. I suppose it was the EC. They were calling me again on wednesday afternoon. It was a very informal interview, wanting to get to know me a bit, explaining me for which tasks I would be working and if I would be interested.
The interview was in german language - although its my mother tongue, not expected at all. Still I had the impression it went quite well. The lady told me to be patient, they'll come back to me asap they have decided. bounce

I guess its a good sign that they called me again on wednesday, and the traineeship would fit perfectly for me. Has anyone got a confirmation of the HR after the interview already? Question

BTW, I lobbied at DG SANCO.

Last edited by prox_n on Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)
at86

Mon May 27, 2013 9:15 am
@prox_n
congrats to getting an interview, that sounds like a positive response. just curious,was it with SANCO or another DG?
prox_n

Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 am
Sanco Unit D2 called me,
I sent them among others, an email on the 18.

did you receive a call as well?
DutchBB

Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 am
Hi, that is good! I had an interview as wel last week - didn't go that well because I couldn't really understand what the person was saying - I don't know which DG and unit. I think internal market, because the person was talking about infringement procedure and applying eu law. Sounded interesting from what I understood. I was caught off guard when I had to speak in German for a bit...I haven't practiced speaking it for a very long time! Anyway he told me that I will know whether I get an offer in June, by e-mail. So we have to wait till June when the TO will send us an official offer, or not.... So good for my blood pressure....
at86

Mon May 27, 2013 9:26 am
@prox_n
I lobbied for the SANCO c unit and also sent one to the general mail they provided, but haven't heard anything.
prox_n

Interviews - Page 6 Empty call

Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 am
Oh thats too bad.

I was also caught.. sitting at the hairdresser with blowing hair all around me. the german lady was not impressed by this, and the talk was also a bit difficult with all the background noise. However, since I am from austria and speaking standard german is not my mother tongue, I would have appreciated if the interview was in english. but I managed Very Happy
she asked me about my french, saying that its no requirement still for them.
I remember her saying something like, hearing from them in the next few days in case they have chosen me.. but not sure anymore. I was incredible nervous, haha

Last edited by prox_n on Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)
prox_n

Mon May 27, 2013 9:28 am
@at86 I have lobbied also for all of the C units. no answer, nothing, nada.
I don't know how this works, if someone called me already and I'm kinda booked for the first unit calling until they have decided..
or is it likely to receive calls from more than one unit?
palindrom

Mon May 27, 2013 9:58 am
guys, i am happy you received some interviews, it means they are slowly narrowing down their lists.
would you be so kind to tell me what exactly did they ask you in German? i, as well, did not practice my German for a long time and it would be great if i could make a cheat-list with some possible answers in German. What kind of questing were they? Regarding what?

Thank you!!
at86

Mon May 27, 2013 9:59 am
@proxy_n
oh well, what can you do, if you're at the hairdresser you are . The way they ambush people we could be anywhere Smile I had no idea the focus was so much on German, and for some even more than French. Thats great, I know German aswell.
Good to know that you haven't heard anything from C either, then I'm not the weird one haha. I guess every unit has their own pace and ways of doing it.
May I ask if you have a technical background like health science/public health/medical science?
prox_n

Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 am
I have worked as a nurse for 8 years and studied health care management/public health with a double degree in international business in prague.
the unit which called me, was saying that they are looking for a health care professional with academic additional education.

what's your background? have you also applied for others than sanco?
palindrom

Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 am
guys? anyone sees me? Smile please?

by the way, i did not apply to sanco or any related dgs.
at86

Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am
@prox_n
interesting , I'm sure with that background sanco will want you, and that they called back is a very good sign for that Smile I have taken my chances a bit, since I come from a political science background. I've had a focus on health the whole way in both my bachelor and master, interned at WHO and such things. even though I don't have a public health degree to show i took my chances with sanco because health interests me. Devco was also on my list.
yanke

Mon May 27, 2013 12:08 pm
Hey guys!

I just got an email from DG Competition - D1 that they have already selected a trainee.. It seems like in DG Comp they are pretty fast in selecting...
palindrom

Mon May 27, 2013 12:10 pm
one can say they are very COMPetitive Razz
Luna77

Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 pm
Hi,

Thanks for all the info! I just wanted to add, I received a call from ECHO last wednesday, at 16:00, from thematic policies. They just ask me about my availability, and said they could say nothing else....donĀ“t know...

I did not lobbied this DG...and did nit received anything else...

DID SOMEBODY KNEW about HOME AFFAIRS OR SOCIAL AFFAIRS AND INCLUSION???

XXXXXX

GOD LUCK!
rabrab

Mon May 27, 2013 3:17 pm
I received a call from DG Budget this morning without lobbying, they are looking for a trainee for the unit D2 (in the central financial services). I told the woman that I could be interested but that they were not my first choice. Good luck everyone.
EleonoraM.

Mon May 27, 2013 3:22 pm
Hi everyone,

Has anyone received feedback from DG DEVCO Units B? Thanks!
Elanor

Mon May 27, 2013 3:23 pm
Hi Eleanora, I haven't heard from any of the B units I lobbied to.
EleonoraM.

Mon May 27, 2013 3:27 pm
Thanks Elanor Smile

Hope good news are coming our way in the next days!! Good luck!!
Elanor

Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 pm
Hope so too! Fingers crossed & good luck to you as well Smile
at86

Mon May 27, 2013 4:36 pm
EleonoraM. wrote:

Has anyone received feedback from DG DEVCO Units B? Thanks!

No nothing so far.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum