Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you?

+54
dzsud
Wave_brx
zeko
christiaanvogels
Nika
Lau
zoki3
ann_soph
asset
a.cross
nazaria
equitysdarling
beerchen
Hulk
bendebe
specterina
latejoiner
floretino
Glober
Fabs
memories
Daiana
Aneena
cloudy
fasu
Annie1996
Joan85
ovca
caminero
Katko
Luna77
Emil_T
risinmojo
lulu
fibica
LiBai
Lallarn
prek
catinca
lu_kao
Suzii
GarthAlgar
grrr_v
raluca
Ingen
november
RebeccaR
Marcanum
mermaid123
pocahontas
Tally
kaplaine
bocho
ilonaLV
58 posters
Go down
bocho

which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you? - Page 4 Empty Re: which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 am
Well, if you tried to kill my hope, you did it.

:-)
Tally

which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you? - Page 4 Empty Re: which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:33 am
Haha... Okay but i will keep believing that things are different with the eeas Wink
RebeccaR

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:21 pm
Tally, still nothing from EEAS, except that the Human Rights Policy Instruments' division doesn't take any trainees this term but the Human Rights Policy Guidelines might... BEPA has sent me an email back that they will take it into consideration, and the EEAS stuff was only a standard response like the ones seen above.
Still, I'm pretty much giving up hope at this point...
Daiana

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:28 pm
hey Tally, I had an interview with the eeas, but after this one I really don't have high hopes for actually getting an offer though...
Tally

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:32 pm
Wow dianna, congrats!

Which unit was it?

Crossing fingers for you!
memories

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:05 pm
Hi guys,
As many of you already described your experiences with lobbying. I have done a bit of it just to see how it goes and this is what happened:
COMM answered my email with a standard reply.
MOVE did not answer
EAC, which I am most interested in, did not answer but today I gave them a call to ask when the selection results will be available. The person i talked to answered that actually the selection process for EAC will be finalized on the 7th of June (tmr) and that they will change the automatic reply by Friday with the appl. nrs that have been selected. However, I have not received any call from them, even though that does not mean I am not selected, the person also pointed.

1. Has anyone of you received a call from EAC?
2. I am wondering where one can find the contact information for the DG Units? For example, I am also interested in DG Move but only lobbied to the email they provided us in the preselection email. Anyone knows about how to contact the Heads of Units and where to find that info for DG Move?

Sry for the long msg. Thanks and good luck!
bocho

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:17 pm
@memories: you can browse all EC officers under this link:

http://ec.europa.eu/staffdir/plsql/gsys_tel.display_search?pLang=EN

Good luck
risinmojo

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 pm
fasu:
when did you get a phone call from DG ELARG? Thanks!
Fabs

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 am
Hi everyone. I was contacted by 2 units in DG DEVCO, 1 in DG ENT, and from EEAS. This last one confirmed me that I am their first choice and will do the traineeship with them. :-) I wish good luck to all of you and I am looking forward to know you in Brussels!
Tally

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 am
Congrats! Which units exactly? May i ask what your background is?
Fabs

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am
Thank you Tally. According to the phone call and email that I've received from EEAS, I will work for Deputy Secretary General Helga Schmid. My background: Bachelor's degree in international relations, Master's degree in diplomacy, 2 years of studies abroad in the US and Austria, 3 internships abroad in the past 3 years (the last one ongoing - at the UN) and language skills. If you want my opinion, I think that lobbying is crucial. Send an email to each unit that can suit your profile well, demonstrating your interest in the work of the unit, with resume and cover letter attached. I've sent so many emails in the last week! but that was definitely worth it.
Good luck with your application Tally!
Glober

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 pm
May I ask a question? What is the prpose of publishing online the list of pre-selected candidates if, by the time they do it, they already know who is selected?
Glober

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 pm
In fact, what is the purpose of putting the deadline to mid-July for the selection if, as far as I see, every chosen candidate is almost selected?
RebeccaR

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 pm
Glober, not every candidate is selected. As a matter of fact, I wasn't....
Glober

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 pm
Sorry, I was not clear in my comment.

I meant that many candidates in this forum have already been selected. I did not understand why are they going to publish a list of pre-selected candidates by mid-June if at that time they already have those who are selected.

raluca

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:10 pm
glober, do you mean that on the official site the list of the preselected does not appear? well, yes, that is strange....maybe it will appear mid-june, like scheduled, or maybe it won`t appear at all Smile
Glober

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Well yes, I mean that it looks very strange that all this Selection process happens more than one month before the timetable that appears at the website. When I received the pre-selection notification email it was around 20th May.

Then, two weeks later (now) it looks like every single post has been agreed. Isn't this a little bit weird? And how do people know that the deadline for phone calls was yesterday?

Then the selection process is finished, even though at the website there is almost one month and a half until they reach a final decision... weird
memories

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 pm
Just an update info/email from EAC, hope it helps.

"I would like to inform you that you will find the numbers of the candidates selected for DG EAC (only) in the automatic reply from the mailbox EAC BLUE BOOK STAGIAIRES as from Thursday 21 June 2012. As a matter of fact, final selection will be closed on Wednesday 20 June 2012."
raluca

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 pm
Glober wrote:
Well yes, I mean that it looks very strange that all this Selection process happens more than one month before the timetable that appears at the website. When I received the pre-selection notification email it was around 20th May.
it was the morning of 22nd of May Very Happy

Glober wrote:
Then, two weeks later (now) it looks like every single post has been agreed. Isn't this a little bit weird? And how do people know that the deadline for phone calls was yesterday?
Some of us, if you read previous posts, received email from the dgs telling them that the deadline for the dgs to make up their mind and choose a candidate is 6th of June.....but there are always some dgs that delay it....now, after every dg tell the traineeship office their decision, the TO has to approve it and make the recruitment.

Glober wrote:
Then the selection process is finished, even though at the website there is almost one month and a half until they reach a final decision... weird
if you search in previous session (even in March 2012), some people gost their official offer on the 22nd of December, other on the 15th of January, when it was the official deadline.....so as you can see, it differs from dg to dg, from session to session....maybe they are faster this year...who knows :-??
Glober

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Guys, thank you very much for all the clarifications. Honestly, it is a very difficult and confusing process.
Yes, I have double-checked the email and it was the 22nd. Was it the same date for everyone?

I have also seen that my email was sent by the EAC-DESK. Is this a particular DG?

Thank you for all the help guys!!
RebeccaR

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:46 pm
The E-mail we got was from the central recruitment division, from the unit for the trainees. They do the preselection process (weeding out the first about 8000 people) and then they have a 'blue book' which contains all of us who made it into the 2nd; that's where the DGs select their trainees from, some of them do phone interviews some don't;
Their internal selection deadline is today, so assuming they'll send out informal emails of 'yeah we took you' or not. Official notification (then again I assume from the EAC-DESK) will go out July 7th
floretino

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm
Thanks for all the clarifications. Honestly, the process is so confusing and unclear. Btw, has somebody heard something from DG COMP? Have they already completed the selection?
kaplaine

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 pm
Hi guys,

After going through a phone interview two weeks ago, DG DEVCO C2 called me two days ago to let me know that they didn't select me as their trainee but that I was their second choice.

I really hope that their first choice will get an offer that he considers more interesting and leave me the spot ! But I'm affraid I won't hear about the final answer before mid-July... Such a long time waiting since January !

I also got a phone call from DEVO H2 but they only asked me if I was still available, and told me they would select their trainee according to people's availabilities. I didn't hear back from them since then, so I don't have much hope...

Good luck to everyone
risinmojo

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm
Guys,
so confused now. I had a phone call interview which took 30 minutes, it went pretty well, they asked me such cruel questions, but (as I guess) I was able to answer them quite good, so I was so lucky that Im maybe in. They were also intersted in my publications, finally I sent them one of them. Unfortunately I got an email today, "we have not been able to retain your application." I got also another nice emails and one phone phone call from other units. So what the hell does it mean, they took more suitable candidate and I am definitely out or other unit was intersted in my application...? Still one month left until ultimate result, thats crazy!
raluca

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am
If they said that they weren`t able to retain your application, this means that it was already retained by somebody else...so I guess it`s ok Very Happy
latejoiner

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 pm
Hi everybody,
I've only just joined this site but have been reading posts throughout the process.

I just wanted to say that I got an email today from the Secretariat-General with a job description asking if I was interested. once I replied I was told they'd book me on the blue book.

I wasnt called for any interviews, nor did I lobby anybody as its such a weird process in my mind and I am also in the middle of exams. Nor did I specify any particular DG in my application (beyond the preferences for certain areas of work which I found quite vague and general anyway). The role I have been contacted about is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to be involved in and suits my background to a tee, this is despite the fact I dont know that I would have thought of the SG before.

I want to say this as a reassurance to anybody on the forum or reading it that may not have lobbied and hasnt heard anything yet and has been put off or worried by the posts saying that the closing date was 6th June and you have to be called rather than emailed and that lobbying is the only way to guarantee something. It clearly isnt.

I think we would all agree, even the most clued up of us, that the actual selection process we are in now is pretty hazy and unclear. Obviously different deparments have different policies but any one statement here isn't a clear cut indicator of everything that is happening.

So ....... dont worry too much, read the posts, they have really helped give some ideas, and thanks to all the posters for that, but dont panice or read too much into what one person or another has heard.
ovca

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:41 pm
latejoiner wrote:Hi everybody,
I've only just joined this site but have been reading posts throughout the process.

I just wanted to say that I got an email today from the Secretariat-General with a job description asking if I was interested. once I replied I was told they'd book me on the blue book.

I wasnt called for any interviews, nor did I lobby anybody as its such a weird process in my mind and I am also in the middle of exams. Nor did I specify any particular DG in my application (beyond the preferences for certain areas of work which I found quite vague and general anyway). The role I have been contacted about is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to be involved in and suits my background to a tee, this is despite the fact I dont know that I would have thought of the SG before.

I want to say this as a reassurance to anybody on the forum or reading it that may not have lobbied and hasnt heard anything yet and has been put off or worried by the posts saying that the closing date was 6th June and you have to be called rather than emailed and that lobbying is the only way to guarantee something. It clearly isnt.

I think we would all agree, even the most clued up of us, that the actual selection process we are in now is pretty hazy and unclear. Obviously different deparments have different policies but any one statement here isn't a clear cut indicator of everything that is happening.

So ....... dont worry too much, read the posts, they have really helped give some ideas, and thanks to all the posters for that, but dont panice or read too much into what one person or another has heard.

Which unit if I may ask? I was contacted by S-G as well G2, no previous interview....
raluca

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:35 pm
just got a call from the unit in HR that told me last week that I am their number 1 candidate...it seems that they actually don`t get a post for a stagiare this session, thus they encouraged me to apply for March 2013, if I don`t get any offer now...and since I wasn`t called nor emailed by DG ELARG (from what I read here, they do contact people), which was also one of my favourites... I guess my chances just suddenly fell from prada to nada, as the film says Very Happy so I don`t expect a positive reply from the TO... I guess I am out Neutral
ovca

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:39 pm
Sorry to hear that Raluca, it is really bad. Therefore it is better not to be happy to early on this "you are number one" emails. Whish you luck with other units....
Luna77

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:08 pm
at least you were called and you were really near to get it!
I did not received any phone call....i don´t know why, I lobbied a lot, could you please tell me what did you write in your lobby emails, sis you write specifically related to a specific project.....????i´m a bit lost!

Raluca, try again next semester! i´m sure you will get it! you´re almost there!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum