Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you?

+54
dzsud
Wave_brx
zeko
christiaanvogels
Nika
Lau
zoki3
ann_soph
asset
a.cross
nazaria
equitysdarling
beerchen
Hulk
bendebe
specterina
latejoiner
floretino
Glober
Fabs
memories
Daiana
Aneena
cloudy
fasu
Annie1996
Joan85
ovca
caminero
Katko
Luna77
Emil_T
risinmojo
lulu
fibica
LiBai
Lallarn
prek
catinca
lu_kao
Suzii
GarthAlgar
grrr_v
raluca
Ingen
november
RebeccaR
Marcanum
mermaid123
pocahontas
Tally
kaplaine
bocho
ilonaLV
58 posters
Go down
Tally

which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you? - Page 3 Empty Re: which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am
Same for the eeas, i guess.

Anyone heared back from devco? I lobbied there, but never received a reply...
Luna77

which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you? - Page 3 Empty Re: which DG's have you contacted? which ones have contacted you?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm
Tally wrote:Same for the eeas, i guess.

Anyone heared back from devco? I lobbied there, but never received a reply...

Hi Tally,

I have contacted them , and I have received just an automatic reply!!!
Nothing else.....This is terrible....

Has anybody heard something from DG HOME??????????????????????

Do you think that if you do not speak French you will not have any chance????

......xxxxx
Luna77

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm
Tally, this is what I got from Devco

Dear Madam/Dear Sir,
Thank you for your e-mail requesting information on the traineeship possibilities in EuropAid for Blue Book selected candidates.
Please be informed that the selection process has started and that Head of Units are now selecting the most suitable candidates according to profile requirements and the number of places available. We give a strong due consideration to candidates motivated to work in the field of aid management and who indicated DEVCO-Europaid among their choices in the Blue Book.
At this stage, it is not possible to give you any specific information or to invite you for an interview. However, the Heads of unit may contact you during the selection process to discuss the possibility of a traineeship with you.
It would be usefull for the units - if you didn't indicate it - to know your applicant number and your preferencies.
Should you ultimately be selected, you will receive personally a letter with all the necessary information about the recruitment process from the Traineeship Office, as from 9TH July 2012.
I wish you good luck for the selection.
Yours sincerely,
Tally

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:42 pm
I also don't speak french. I also think that might be the reason for not being selected.

Thanks! I got the same message from devco. Might still be interesting to know if someone heared back from dg devco...
Tally

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:53 pm
I mean phone calls or mails from hou...
Katko

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm
Hi~ I also have not heard from HOME..but I speak French, English & another language, so not sure how necessary French actually is.Also have not heard anything from 2 other DGs I contacted apart from the usual automated response...

caminero

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:11 pm
Tally wrote:I also don't speak french. I also think that might be the reason for not being selected.

Thanks! I got the same message from devco. Might still be interesting to know if someone heared back from dg devco...

Hello everybody! Sam automatic response as well.

General questions:

How many units did you lobby?
Do you think not knowing French is an important disadvantage?
Anyone has received news from DG-ENERGY or DG-CLIMATE ACTION?

Thanks,

Hopefully see you soon in Brussels Wink
grrr_v

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:20 pm
i seriously don't think they give a damn about your French at any of the DG-s/units unless they are working on a project related to a francophone country where you would specifically need it (so unless you wanna work on north africa or something). and then they would most probably go for a native speaker anyways...
Lallarn

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:13 pm
@Caminero: I've lobbied four DG ENER units + the ENER/MOVE email we were provided, as well as the CLIMA/ENV email we were provided + 3 DG CLIMA units. However, I haven't received a single reply from any of them, neither by mail nor by phone (except from EACI with a standard mail that my lobby efforts were not needed). So most likely they don't give a damn about lobbying and only look in the VBB for candidates.

@RebeccaR: Well, it's definitely hard financially. I can most likely get it for an traineeship period from my university and hence get some funding from my government and a grant. Also, I could get a stipdent from my government as well, but all in all I'd still be a lot more expensive of course. No reply yet thou.

ovca

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 am
lulu wrote:
fibica wrote:Just got a phone call from DG SANCO that they're gonna propose me for the selection! Not really the DG i was hoping for, but hey, it's not over yet!

which unit?
does anyone had interviws with DG Budget?

I got two calls from DG budget, second one from the HoU. However the one with the HoU was brief and strange. He told me there are 5 people contacted and suggested me to go for other units also if I receive a call. So I guess I won't be the one doing an internship there Smile. Anyone else?
prek

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 pm
What about DG TRADE, anyone got contacted by them? I sent emails to 5 units there, but didn't get any response, not even a usual thank you email Smile
mermaid123

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 pm
prek wrote:What about DG TRADE, anyone got contacted by them? I sent emails to 5 units there, but didn't get any response, not even a usual thank you email Smile

Indeed, nothing whatsoever!
Joan85

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:58 pm
regarding DG Trade, same here! I sent a couple of e-mails to some hoU but absolutely nothing!!! It's driving you crazy when you hearing nothing from them!!:p
november

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:14 pm
I've heard from DG Trade, had a telephone interview last week and also an e-mail from another unit saying that they will take my application in to consideration. I thought you were going for DG COMP Joan?
Joan85

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:15 pm
Hi november! well yes, dg comp was among my preferred choices.. but there are other dgs I am interested in, like dg Trade. And taking into account that nothing is certain until we hear from the TO, I thought I'd lobby some more..:p
prek

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 pm
so there goes my last hope that there might be one DG where I may get admitted without interview or any call whatsoever Very Happy
lulu

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm
ovca wrote:
lulu wrote:
fibica wrote:Just got a phone call from DG SANCO that they're gonna propose me for the selection! Not really the DG i was hoping for, but hey, it's not over yet!

which unit?
does anyone had interviws with DG Budget?

I got two calls from DG budget, second one from the HoU. However the one with the HoU was brief and strange. He told me there are 5 people contacted and suggested me to go for other units also if I receive a call. So I guess I won't be the one doing an internship there Smile. Anyone else?

Mine was with the HoU from internal audit in DG budget.friday at 4. He told me that there are 5 persons that will be contacted. We spoke like 25 min. He asked me about my current intership, and then he wanted to know if the company I work for now doesn't want to keep me. Then I said that actually they have made me a propostion, and that now I delayed the answer in order to decide after getting an answer form the commission. I wanted to know if I am not an option for him just to know what to do next but he didn't suggested to take my company's offer. It is the same person that contacted you?

Good luck to you. Smile and thank you for the reply
Annie1996

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm
Hi, guys!
I have just found the forum.
In my application form I have the Romanian number that I am generally using. In the last couple of weeks I have been doing an internship in Spain. Now I realize that I had the Spanish number all this time and if somebody has called me on my Romanian number my phone was off.
Is this a real big problem or if they really wanted me I should have also received an email?
Did anybody got something from DG COMM, EAC or SG?
lulu

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:52 pm
Annie1996 wrote:Hi, guys!
I have just found the forum.
In my application form I have the Romanian number that I am generally using. In the last couple of weeks I have been doing an internship in Spain. Now I realize that I had the Spanish number all this time and if somebody has called me on my Romanian number my phone was off.
Is this a real big problem or if they really wanted me I should have also received an email?
Did anybody got something from DG COMM, EAC or SG?

Hei,
Well, I was called once by the commission and the phone was in the bag and I answered without knowing, and let them actually speak with nobody...but then they sent me an email. I don't know if they all contact you by email if they cannot reach you on the phone, but if you are lucky yes.

Good luck>
Annie1996

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm
Is it too late to send the emails tonight and tomorrow? Or I should just wait for July?
Did anybody who sent emails to DG COMM and EAC got anything beside the formal replay?
grrr_v

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am
i dont know if i've seen anyone interested in DG Agri here but they just called me. actually, their competition unit, i think they are doing a last-minute fishing for those who wanted to get into DG Comp but didn't succeed... makes perfect sense.
btw, once again the evidence that other DG's do not see if you're already taken.
Luna77

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am
hi, i have the same problem, but what i thought is to transfer the calls...and you will be able to received the calling to your previous number in the spanish one....

don't know....

xxxx
Joan85

Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:13 pm
Hey grrr_v ! they also called me from DG Agriculture, the competition unit as well and they asked whether someone else had contacted me..so yes, they do not seem to know!

I also had a call from DG SANCO today..not that interested though!
grrr_v

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm
haha, there you go!
do they have some state aid for hospitals unit as well??
i guess we've just missed our chance to ever understand Art. 107(3)(c) TFEU. or maybe it's just my economic mind that has always found it shakey...
fasu

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:42 pm
Hello everybody,

Thanks very much for all the contributions on the forum, it's very helpful!

I've sent an email to DG EAC, EEAS, DG COMM and DG ELARG (communication units). Got mostly automatic replies like the rest, but from EEAS nothing. Today, a HoU at DG ELARG called me and asked me basically:
- Have I approached other DGs, and has somebody contacted me
- What do I think the traineeship could "give" me
- How do my past experiences relate to the tasks at this unit, etc. Only in English. Unfortunately I was quite nervous so I don't think it went all that well, but fingers crossed! She will make her decision tomorrow.

I also got an email from DG MARKT saying
The unit that I work in (DG MARKT, unit B.1) is looking for a trainee to match the description below. On the basis of your CV in the Blue Book, we thought that you might be interested.

If you are available and interested, please reply to this message by 7 June 2012 at midday, explaining (in English) why you are interested in a traineeship in our unit and how your skills could contribute to our work

Good luck everyone!!
Tally

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:48 pm
Wow congrats! Good to hear that people are still getting calls!

There is still nothing from eeas and devco, i suppose? Seems they will not contact anyone before mid-july, or?
bocho

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:57 pm
Hi guys,

I got quite interesting message today from Legal Service:

Dear candidate,

Thank you for your e-mail and you interest for a traineeship in the Legal Service.
Right now we are in the process of selection of stagiaires. You will be contacted if your application is retained.

For equality and transparency reasons our internal selection committee does not interview any candidates and bases its decision only in the CVs in the Blue Book database.

Kind regards,

Raquel FERREIRA
Trainee of Human Resources

It still gives a hope that not getting a call does not necessarily means not being selected. :-)

Good luck to everyone who still struggles with this painful waiting.
cloudy

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm
Tally wrote:Wow congrats! Good to hear that people are still getting calls!

There is still nothing from eeas and devco, i suppose? Seems they will not contact anyone before mid-july, or?

Hey Tally, I did receive a call from dg devco. They said I am shortlisted and they are talking to other candidates as well, after which they will decide who to choose.
Tally

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:21 pm
Oh... Well... Which unit?
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 am
Bocho this is a standard reply they send to everybody, but the truth is that the chosen candidates get a phone call Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum