Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2020 Traineeship

+72
Anntony
c.sea
trainee-march-2020-fr
Eliep73
esti88
ggn
elisabeth123
anatolie
roger545
Simo
bigtam1993
vsh26
Doxa7189
Louise11
vic_sh
Reyxx
a.oliveira
mariakou
anaiunker
Username
Unknowwwn
jinulka
Gigi
andrei.c
EPs141
Coat
ccristina
Milda
Investigating
Emvfri
mcrab93
MLR
Eun
ncks123
vicky88
nicola.umea
veedeevee
discodisco
sasas
elvel00
margherita5
mariamari
nn123
anamaria1
evas21
givemereason
even
CarlosIus
Hawk27
Hefyxx
mara.radan
MTL>Brussels
vic
Amandinala
Trainee2019
ThunderStruck
SirBuddy
carlosmetz
Rono
okaps 12
nellyg
CaseyKaiser
diesdas
esse.ci
UrsulaM
123aa
cand93
mirisigy
dana2019
Melian6
Biizzy
leelani
76 posters
Go down
Unknowwwn

March 2020 Traineeship - Page 12 Empty Re: March 2020 Traineeship

Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 pm
Did anybody get a rejection email already? Smile
nn123

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:18 am
okaps 12 wrote:
nn123 wrote:Are there any FB, whatsapp groups already for trainees?

I was thinking of same. We who are selected should get in touch somehow.
That would be nice. What would you suggest? I don't know how previous trainees kept in touch.
Candidates will get selected until late February (even later) so we will be a nice crowd at the end.
nn123

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:19 am
Unknowwwn wrote:Did anybody get a rejection email already? Smile
From what I know, there's a chance to get selected even until March, in case someone rejects the offer or cancels.
veedeevee

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:36 am
'Morning people!
First of all, congratulations if you already received your offer!
To the rest, please do not panic! I know it's frustrating but you still have possibilities if someone rejects her/his placement offer sooo... GOOD LUCK Smile

I just created a new thread for trainees who will be based in Luxembourg! Please feel free to join Smile
vic

Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:05 am
elvel00 wrote:Any news from other Non-Eu National candidates? I received no mails until now. I assume that we have to wait a bit more

I think so too. I haven't received an offer yet either. Let's hope it comes already on Monday, or by the end of the next week at the latest.
okaps 12

Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:24 am
nn123 wrote:
okaps 12 wrote:
nn123 wrote:Are there any FB, whatsapp groups already for trainees?

I was thinking of same. We who are selected should get in touch somehow.
That would be nice. What would you suggest? I don't know how previous trainees kept in touch.
Candidates will get selected until late February (even later) so we will be a nice crowd at the end.

Lets make a whatsapp group for the beginning. Everyone who wants to join please send me your number in the inbox and i will add you.
okaps 12

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:16 pm
The group has been created now so feel free to send me your number, we are waiting for more members Very Happy
nn123

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:46 pm
okaps 12 wrote:The group has been created now so feel free to send me your number, we are waiting for more members Very Happy
PM sent! thanks for doing this Very Happy
discodisco

Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:17 pm
Congrats to everyone selected! I received an offer from EDPS!

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Username

Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:29 pm
Hi guys! Congratulations to all selected. We finally made it to this point 🎉 Is there anyone going to FRONTEX?
dana2019

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:08 pm
Hey guys im not sure if its posted already but here is the official Facebook group made by the EC Trainees Committee for Blue Book Traineeship March 2020 Smile https://m.facebook.com/groups/2480608945398710/?ref=pages_profile_groups_tab
veedeevee

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:22 pm
dana2019 wrote:Hey guys im not sure if its posted already but here is the official Facebook group made by the EC Trainees Committee for Blue Book Traineeship March 2020 Smile https://m.facebook.com/groups/2480608945398710/?ref=pages_profile_groups_tab

thank you Smile
anaiunker

March 2020 Traineeship - Page 12 Empty EDPS/EDPB anyone?

Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:21 pm
Hello!

I applied for the March 2020 session with these preferences : 1. EDPS/EDPB 2. DG Just 3. EEAS.

First of all i want to be as informative and helpful as possible since i have been reading all of your posts here and some of you were asking about offers and stuff. So i have been contacted via email by DG Agri (which i have never selected in the application form but i liked their offer and they underlined it is still an early stage and it is nothing official yet).

Later on EEAS contacted me via email saying i am their first choice and we had different phone calls with the person in charge from the department that was interested in my application and also from their HR. First they said i will be working on data protection issues and later on they said it was a depate between some compartiments and only gender equality department is going to take trainees. they also said it is still unofficial and i have to wait for an official offer ( this was in december and i still did not receive anything yet)

Beside the fact that i am a bit nervous and confuse about the whole process (i am not sure if i am going to receive just one offer or more or what is goinf to happen and most importantly when) i would like to ask you something really important for me:

Did anyone applied for EDPS/EDPS (European Data Protection Board / European Data Protection Supervisor)? Do you know if anyone got contacted? Are they receiving candidates? This is my first choice and my dream is to be located in the data protection area of work. I sent them some emails but it seems they are not responding.

Thank you!
Keep in touch. Best wishes and good luck to you all,
Ana Iunker
vic

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:56 am
anaiunker wrote:Hello!

I applied for the March 2020 session with these preferences : 1. EDPS/EDPB 2. DG Just 3. EEAS.

First of all i want to be as informative and helpful as possible since i have been reading all of your posts here and some of you were asking about offers and stuff. So i have been contacted via email by DG Agri (which i have never selected in the application form but i liked their offer and they underlined it is still an early stage and it is nothing official yet).

Later on EEAS contacted me via email saying i am their first choice and we had different phone calls with the person in charge from the department that was interested in my application and also from their HR. First they said i will be working on data protection issues and later on they said it was a depate between some compartiments and only gender equality department is going to take trainees. they also said it is still unofficial and i have to wait for an official offer ( this was in december and i still did not receive anything yet)

Beside the fact that i am a bit nervous and confuse about the whole process (i am not sure if i am going to receive just one offer or more or what is goinf to happen and most importantly when) i would like to ask you something really important for me:

Did anyone applied for EDPS/EDPS (European Data Protection Board / European Data Protection Supervisor)? Do you know if anyone got contacted? Are they receiving candidates? This is my first choice and my dream is to be located in the data protection area of work. I sent them some emails but it seems they are not responding.

Thank you!
Keep in touch. Best wishes and good luck to you all,
Ana Iunker

Hi Ana! Are you an EU candidate, or do you have nationality outside of the EU? It seems that the offers for non-EU candidates haven't been sent out yet, so if you are non-EU candidate, you might need to wait few more days to get an offer Smile
anaiunker

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:09 pm
Hey! I am an EU candidate and i still have not received anything yet. Good luck!
mariakou

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 pm
Hey guys! I got an offer on Friday but I dont see a link yet! Does anyone else have the same problem with me? Thanks guys!
nicola.umea

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:12 am
Congrats to everyone who got selected! I think I will start a new application now that I got no news!
anlag

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:37 am
Guys I am starting to upload the requested documents but when I try to upload the ID Card this message pops up: "The session has expired or the request has been rejected because the URL is invalid"

Is this happening to you too?
okaps 12

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:52 pm
anlag wrote:Guys I am starting to upload the requested documents but when I try to upload the ID Card this message pops up: "The session has expired or the request has been rejected because the URL is invalid"

Is this happening to you too?

It happened to me too. Just try to log out and then log in again because I assume that happens when you have been logged in for a longer time
diesdas

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:08 pm
Congrats to everyone that made it. To the rest: don't lose hope. There will be a place for you eventually!

I also received an offer of my prio 1 even though they never contacted me. Would have been nice as it is the unit I sent the first email to. The days after I sent out dozens of emails to other units and had calls with them - a work that apparently wasn't necessary. But nevertheless, I am glad about the outcome. I am still undecided, though, whether I should accept it or not as I still have another project going on which I possibly won't finish completely in time before the beginning of the traineeship. So I am wondering about

1. working hours,
2. holidays, and lastely
3. the living allowance being before or after taxes.

Anyone that can help me out with these questions? Any experiences?
a.oliveira

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:48 pm
Hi everyone,

I have not received anything so far from the Traineeships Office, so todaz I sent an e-mail to the DG that gave me a positive answer before. They informed me that all is fine and that my offer is still to be sent out by the TO. So those who have not received anything yet, do not despair! Very Happy
a.oliveira

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:18 am
diesdas wrote:Congrats to everyone that made it. To the rest: don't lose hope. There will be a place for you eventually!

I also received an offer of my prio 1 even though they never contacted me. Would have been nice as it is the unit I sent the first email to. The days after I sent out dozens of emails to other units and had calls with them - a work that apparently wasn't necessary. But nevertheless, I am glad about the outcome. I am still undecided, though, whether I should accept it or not as I still have another project going on which I possibly won't finish completely in time before the beginning of the traineeship. So I am wondering about

1. working hours,
2. holidays, and lastely

> I am new in the forum, so they don't let me post links directly... I had to add some spaces to the link addresses.

1. The info on working hours is here: https:// ec.europa. eu/stages/faq/what-are-regular-working-hours-commission_en
2. Public holidays in 2020: https:// eur-lex.europa. eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32019D0131(01)&from=EN (plus, you can take 2 days of leave per month)
3. The living allowance is not taxed. The only thing that might be deducted is the health insurance (but only if you state that you want to adhere to the Commission's insurance... I also heard that it is very cheap, but has great coverage!)
anlag

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:23 am
diesdas wrote:Congrats to everyone that made it. To the rest: don't lose hope. There will be a place for you eventually!

1. working hours,
2. holidays, and lastely

13,13 € will be deducted to the allowance if you agree to the allianz health insurance (which is optional) + 0,30 € for the compulsory accident insurance = you will receive 1.207,35 € , and no need to pay taxes as I have understood. As for the working hours I am not sure, I guess you agree with your coordinator once you arrive to your Unit the first day as each Unit may have specific arrangements or habits.

From my side: I am still struggling with the intranet and all the documents we have to upload. This process never ends!
vic

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am
anlag wrote:

1. working hours,
2. holidays, and lastely

13,13 € will be deducted to the allowance if you agree to the allianz health insurance (which is optional) + 0,30 € for the compulsory accident insurance = you will receive 1.207,35 € , and no need to pay taxes as I have understood. As for the working hours I am not sure, I guess you agree with your coordinator once you arrive to your Unit the first day as each Unit may have specific arrangements or habits.

From my side: I am still struggling with the intranet and all the documents we have to upload. This process never ends!

I actually can't access Intranet at all today! It shows me error when I press "Apply or check application status" button:

"Not a valid ECAS HTTP reply: 408 Request Time-out -"

Do you have the same, or is it something about my Internet connection/browser?
diesdas

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:50 am
vic wrote:
anlag wrote:

1. working hours,
2. holidays, and lastely

I actually can't access Intranet at all today! It shows me error when I press "Apply or check application status" button:

Same here. I only wanted to see what kind of documents are requested now. Haven't clicked through it yet. So what exactly do we have to upload now?

And thanks to all for the information regarding my questions!
anlag

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:07 pm
vic wrote:
anlag wrote:

1. working hours,
2. holidays, and lastely

Yep, totally the same for the last 2 hours
Reyxx

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:15 pm
The same here with the error! Probably the system crashed because all of us are trying to enter! Lets hope they fix it soon
Milda

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:25 pm
okaps 12 wrote:The group has been created now so feel free to send me your number, we are waiting for more members Very Happy

Do we still have a WhatsApp group? I have tried to send my personal number to you, but my message is in the outbox.

I have received an offer and now I am looking for other trainees who want to rent a property together! Smile Send me a message if you are interested!
diesdas

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:30 pm
It seems to be working again. Can someone tell me what kind of documents are required at that stage? I still haven't decided whether to accept the offer or not. Will be decided tomorrow based on my other project. But would be nice to know if there will be a lot of documents required afterwards. Thank you, guys!
vic

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 pm
FYI, I found this really comprehensive guide from Trainees Committee which was prepared for M19 session, but it has a lot of useful info!
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/1df1ac_d343674a25e146b6a555d237294be521.pdf

I found it here:
https://www.traineescommittee.com/important-information
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum