Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP

+49
Jots
SangInnocent
m.mira
Didddy
Hbissue
stefania.popesscu
MPetko
co.ca.kat
Absentusername
markoulinos
Ppérez
Gillbar
Monomakh
andrei.c
Klauds97
Magdalena1995
vsh26
ananas
Louise11
Alessio
mirta123
Ribes
Amm303
waiting25
DraganaGj
VanessaIT
dj1794
birijunior
Joanalneto
katenovema
eanna
JasperH
EPs141
Coat
TheTideIsHigh
nicola.umea
Mengchen
TS.K.
Daniele0
Javi
Melian6
okaps 12
Rono
eric.amaralgarcia
Hawk27
nn123
Francisca_almeida
vicky88
anlag
53 posters
Go down
anlag

March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP Empty March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP

Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:00 pm
Some of you have been asking about the traineeships at the EP for the session of march 2020 so I decided to create this new topic to discuss about the process!

I have also applied but have no news and nobody contacted me (yet)
vicky88

March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP Empty Re: March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP

Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:33 pm
Hi! I applied for the Directorate-General for Translation traineeship, anyone else? Smile
My application status says "Ongoing" and I haven't been contacted yet either.
Francisca_almeida

March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP Empty Re: March 2020 Schuman traineeship at the EP

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Hey Guys, I applied for the Web Communication Unit - Post A: Social Media at the EP but still haven't heard anything

Anyone else?
nn123

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:49 am
I applied for two posts at the Secretariat of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs and no news either
Hawk27

Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:29 am
No news here either.

Does anyone who has ben through this before know how it differs from the Blue Book? I'm guessing that there is no pre-selection here - So do we just get a simple offer or rejection in Jan?
eric.amaralgarcia

Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 am
Hi, I applied for posts A and B at the Policy department for budgetary affairs (DG IPOL). In this case the traineeship should start on the 1st of February, so I wonder when they're responding about this specific application
vicky88

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:14 pm
According to the European Parliament Traineeships Sector FB page we should have the results before the middle of January!

"The application period for the Schuman traineeship is over 🇪🇺 Currently we are reviewing your motivation letters and CVs 🙌 We will let you know the results before the middle of January"
Rono

Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:02 pm
It is written on their website that between 1-15 January we should have news. Much faster than Blue Book. It is not normal half an year to wait.
okaps 12

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 pm
Hawk27 wrote:No news here either.

Does anyone who has ben through this before know how it differs from the Blue Book? I'm guessing that there is no pre-selection here - So do we just get a simple offer or rejection in Jan?

I applied in the last session and I got the news (rejections) like a bit more than a month after the application deadline. I got e-mails separately from all 3 choices as I remember.
So yeah, for this session I expect results in the beginning of January.
So far no one contacted me either but i heard from the other topic that some people were actually contacted.
Melian6

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:54 pm
Francisca_almeida wrote:Hey Guys, I applied for the Web Communication Unit - Post A: Social Media at the EP but still haven't heard anything

Anyone else?

Hey guys!

After being non-preselected for the Blue Book I applied for these 3 choices:
- Audio and Podcast Unit, Post B
- Audiovisual Unit Post D: Service Europe by Satellite, Assistant TV producer
- Policy Department for External Relations, Eastern Partnership and Central Asia

I'm quoting you, Francisca, as it seems we have similar interests, good luck!
Javi

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Hi guys,

I applied for the TRAN and IMCO committees and as the majority of you I don't have any news yet.

However, I know several trainees (the ones from the October- February Traineeship period) and the majority of them were contacted by the EP quite early (around 15 days after the application period ended). Some of them received a call in which their future supervisor asked them some questions and others just to inform them that they were in.

In any case as okaps 12 mentioned at the beginning of Janaury we will probably have the results already!
Melian6

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:04 pm
Well, the Schumann application period ended one month ago and no one here had been contacted I believe, so it seems it will be at the beginning of January.

Has anyone applied as well to the Council of the European Union? Results are going to be sent this week I suppose. It is possible to accept two traineeships and then rejecting one of them?
vicky88

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:46 pm
Melian6 wrote:Well, the Schumann application period ended one month ago and no one here had been contacted I believe, so it seems it will be at the beginning of January.

Has anyone applied as well to the Council of the European Union? Results are going to be sent this week I suppose. It is possible to accept two traineeships and then rejecting one of them?

I applied for the Translation - Teeminology unit of the Council.
I wrote an email to the Traineeship Office and this is what they replied:

"The selections are still ongoing for some services. Our aim is to finalise all selections before 20 December. Candidates will be contacted by e-mail whether pre-selected for a phone interview or for a traineeship offer. Wise of experience, please keep an eye on your SPAM inbox to make sure you don't miss a message.

All non-selected candidates will be informed by e-mail when selections are finalised."

Anyway I think you can only accept one traineeship, so if you accept the first one you get to hear from then you cannot accept the other one.
vicky88

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:37 am
vicky88 wrote:
Melian6 wrote:Well, the Schumann application period ended one month ago and no one here had been contacted I believe, so it seems it will be at the beginning of January.

"The selections are still ongoing for some services. Our aim is to finalise all selections before 20 December. Candidates will be contacted by e-mail whether pre-selected for a phone interview or for a traineeship offer. Wise of experience, please keep an eye on your SPAM inbox to make sure you don't miss a message.

All non-selected candidates will be informed by e-mail when selections are finalised."

Anyway I think you can only accept one traineeship, so if you accept the first one you get to hear from then you cannot accept the other one.

As far as the Council is concerned, I received the answer this morning: I was not accepted.
They said they received almost 5000 applications for only 50 available traineeship places.
Good luck to everybody else!
Daniele0
Daniele0

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:16 pm
Has anyone be contacted by the following units: learning and develoment, Meps’s portal, and press office of the ep prĂ©sident ?
TS.K.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:34 pm
Received my 3 negative responses. Did they
REALLY had to do it on 1st?!? What kind of a shitty new year will I have since I'm receiving bad news from day One?!?
okaps 12

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:56 pm
Hahaha, same here.
Instead of Happy New Year, 3 rejections one after another. Kind of expected though, but still...

Btw congratulations to all of those who got accepted. Smile
Melian6

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:02 am
vicky88 wrote:

I've been rejected from the Council and got shortlisted for the European Parliament, the Audiovisual Unit.

Sorry for the ones non-preselected, I felt the same when I was rejected from the EC, CoR, EESC and the Council, so my chances to be shortlisted to the Schuman Traineeship were null. Is a matter of luck many times.

Anyone else got shortlisted? Struggling with uploading documents, especially with the criminal record, as I'm from Spain living and working in the UK.
Mengchen

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:01 pm
Hi, Melian. I applied for two positions and was shortlisted for one of them. Find both notification emails in my SPAM box...
I run into the same problem as you with the documents. I am from China and lived here for the past year. Its very time consuming to obtain a criminal record and get it translated in English.
Never thought I have a chance to be pre-selected, I should have prepare those documents a month earlier...
Melian6

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:16 pm
Mengchen wrote:Hi, Melian. I applied for two positions and was shortlisted for one of them. Find both notification emails in my SPAM box...
I run into the same problem as you with the documents. I am from China and lived here for the past year. Its very time consuming to obtain a criminal record and get it translated in English.
Never thought I have a chance to be pre-selected, I should have prepare those documents a month earlier...

I applied for the criminal record via offline after consuming all online resources and failing to valid my identity with Experian, the Post Office and Digidentity. Use online verification first through here: https://www.apply-basic-criminal-record-check.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.244141699.740552100.1577922263-291009740.1577922263

Then, try the offline options which are paying a fee of 23 GPB and present the documents required at the post office. I did it with my ID card and P60 document.

Now, I have to wait up to 3 days to see if I will be finally verified. If not, I don't know what I'll do.

Good luck!
Mengchen

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:32 pm
Thanks, We had a similar system here in China, and since its already Friday evening here. I may have to wait up till next Monday. There are still 10 days left to upload the documents. I am sure we will be fine.

Good Luck to you too!
Melian6

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:58 pm
Mengchen wrote:Thanks, We had a similar system here in China, and since its already Friday evening here. I may have to wait up till next Monday. There are still 10 days left to upload the documents. I am sure we will be fine.

Good Luck to you too!

Great! In which units have you been shortlisted?
Mengchen

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:06 pm
Melian6 wrote:
Mengchen wrote:Thanks, We had a similar system here in China, and since its already Friday evening here. I may have to wait up till next Monday. There are still 10 days left to upload the documents. I am sure we will be fine.

Good Luck to you too!

Great! In which units have you been shortlisted?

Innovation and Technological Support, Projects Support Unit - Business Analysis and Project Methods Service. I studied information system in the college and have some related working experiences. I supposed that's the main reason I was shortlisted. I saw in your earlier reply that you were shortlisted in the Audiovisual
unit. That must be an interesting position

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:11 pm
Hello everyone!

I have just joined this forum and I have been shortlisted for Visits and Seminars unit.
I'll upload tomorrow my documents. Other applicants told me that usually offers to successful candidates arrive during the last week of January.
Let's keep in touch!

Lorenzo
Melian6

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:27 pm
Lorenzodista wrote:Hello everyone!

I have just joined this forum and I have been shortlisted for Visits and Seminars unit.
I'll upload tomorrow my documents. Other applicants told me that usually offers to successful candidates arrive during the last week of January.
Let's keep in touch!

Lorenzo

I'm still waiting for the Criminal Record so, once I have it I'll upload all documents.

What about the University diploma? Will you upload the academic record with all grades or just the diploma itself? I hope with that will be enough...

I hope having a reply as soon as possible after submitting the documents!

Good luck!
Melian6

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:30 pm
okaps 12 wrote:Hahaha, same here.
Instead of Happy New Year, 3 rejections one after another. Kind of expected though, but still...

Btw congratulations to all of those who got accepted. Smile

Congratulations to being accepted for the EC! I was not even preselected for the Blue Book.
nicola.umea

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:49 pm
Got shortlisted for the Mediation and Dialogue Support Unit (the only one I applied to) and uploaded my documents. When will we know something final?
TheTideIsHigh

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:51 pm
I got shortlisted on the 1st of January and submitted the documents later that day but so far I still haven't heard anything from them.
Melian6

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:27 pm
TheTideIsHigh wrote:I got shortlisted on the 1st of January and submitted the documents later that day but so far I still haven't heard anything from them.

I'm afraid I won't submit the documents because I'm still waiting for having the criminal record which is yet processing... Sad being shortlisted and because of bureaucracy not having the opportunity Sad
Javi

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:33 am
Same situation as you guys. I got shortlisted and uploaded all the documents but no answer yet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum