Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 2020 Traineeship

+72
Anntony
c.sea
trainee-march-2020-fr
Eliep73
esti88
ggn
elisabeth123
anatolie
roger545
Simo
bigtam1993
vsh26
Doxa7189
Louise11
vic_sh
Reyxx
a.oliveira
mariakou
anaiunker
Username
Unknowwwn
jinulka
Gigi
andrei.c
EPs141
Coat
ccristina
Milda
Investigating
Emvfri
mcrab93
MLR
Eun
ncks123
vicky88
nicola.umea
veedeevee
discodisco
sasas
elvel00
margherita5
mariamari
nn123
anamaria1
evas21
givemereason
even
CarlosIus
Hawk27
Hefyxx
mara.radan
MTL>Brussels
vic
Amandinala
Trainee2019
ThunderStruck
SirBuddy
carlosmetz
Rono
okaps 12
nellyg
CaseyKaiser
diesdas
esse.ci
UrsulaM
123aa
cand93
mirisigy
dana2019
Melian6
Biizzy
leelani
76 posters
Go down
okaps 12

March 2020 Traineeship - Page 9 Empty Re: March 2020 Traineeship

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:05 pm
Today I got the offer from DG Connect !!! It came as a such of surprise to me because I kind of already gave up on hope that i will get any offer. Also, this DG was not even one of my 3 choices nor I ever contacted them which proves that its possible to get the offer without lobbying if you are lucky enough. Very Happy Very Happy

Anyhow, they told me that TO has yet to send me the official offer which they should do next week.
anlag

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:47 pm
That's great! Congratulations!!
I got an email before Christmas from a Unit of my 1st preference (DG JUST) saying I was chosen as their preferred candidate too, so just waiting for the official offer to arrive Smile I am hoping you are right and the TO will send us the offer next week as you say! It would be awesome to have the certainty before the end of the month

okaps 12 wrote:Today I got the offer from DG Connect !!! It came as a such of surprise to me because I kind of already gave up on hope that i will get any offer. Also, this DG was not even one of my 3 choices nor I ever contacted them which proves that its possible to get the offer without lobbying if you are lucky enough. Very Happy Very Happy

Anyhow, they told me that TO has yet to send me the official offer which they should do next week.
okaps 12

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:56 pm
anlag wrote:That's great! Congratulations!!
I got an email before Christmas from a Unit of my 1st preference (DG JUST) saying I was chosen as their preferred candidate too, so just waiting for the official offer to arrive Smile I am hoping you are right and the TO will send us the offer next week as you say! It would be awesome to have the certainty before the end of the month

okaps 12 wrote:Today I got the offer from DG Connect !!! It came as a such of surprise to me because I kind of already gave up on hope that i will get any offer. Also, this DG was not even one of my 3 choices nor I ever contacted them which proves that its possible to get the offer without lobbying if you are lucky enough. Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks, congrats to you too!!

Well, this lady told me that the TO informed them that they will be sending offers starting from 10th of January, so yeah i really hope to have it as soon as possible so i can start officially preparing..
okaps 12

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:03 am
Guys, just another tip for those who will apply again - another person from one DG confirmed me via e-mail to not to choose EEAS in case I apply again because most of the applicants choose that one, plus the fact that EEAS is the biggest does not mean that they accept the biggest number of trainees. (the number depends on many other factors).
Also, he advised me to be super careful with the typos in the application because they can be killers and the reviewers pay so much attention to those details.
Hefyxx

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:57 am
I just received an email from a unit in my first choice DG that they had choosen me as their candidate! However, I have been contacted by two other units from this DG saying that I am one of their shortlisted candidates - if I send a reply saying that I am still interested, does that mean that the other units vannor choose me? Happy but confused Smile
Melian6

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 am
Hefyxx wrote:I just received an email from a unit in my first choice DG that they had choosen me as their candidate! However, I have been contacted by two other units from this DG saying that I am one of their shortlisted candidates - if I send a reply saying that I am still interested, does that mean that the other units vannor choose me? Happy but confused Smile

Congratulations! Still waiting for having my criminal record... so nervous! But it seems that if you're the chosen one once you submit the documents the units contact you straight away.
even

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 am
Melian6 wrote:
Hefyxx wrote:I just received an email from a unit in my first choice DG that they had choosen me as their candidate! However, I have been contacted by two other units from this DG saying that I am one of their shortlisted candidates - if I send a reply saying that I am still interested, does that mean that the other units vannor choose me? Happy but confused Smile

Congratulations! Still waiting for having my criminal record... so nervous! But it seems that if you're the chosen one once you submit the documents the units contact you straight away.

Congratulations to everyone who's so far been contacted by their future DGs! I also got some good news just in time for Christmas. Smile What's this about criminal records? Are you a non-EU national, Melian6? Or do we all have to submit our criminal records? I've looked through the FAQ on the commission website and the guide compiled by the trainees committee and nowhere is there any mention of criminal records, except for non-EU nationals.
Melian6

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:30 am
even wrote:
Melian6 wrote:

Congratulations to everyone who's so far been contacted by their future DGs! I also got some good news just in time for Christmas. Smile What's this about criminal records? Are you a non-EU national, Melian6? Or do we all have to submit our criminal records? I've looked through the FAQ on the commission website and the guide compiled by the trainees committee and nowhere is there any mention of criminal records, except for non-EU nationals.

Hahaha sorry! I got confused with the EP Embarassed
Hawk27

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 am
okaps 12 wrote:
anlag wrote:That's great! Congratulations!!

Thanks, congrats to you too!!

Well, this lady told me that the TO informed them that they will be sending offers starting from 10th of January, so yeah i really hope to have it as soon as possible so i can start officially preparing..

So people think that the offers should be sent out today? Has anyone else heard this?
okaps 12

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:02 am
Yes, I was told that from today they will be sending offers.The TO confirmed that to the contact person in my DG.
So I am expecting it any moment.
Hawk27

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:38 am
okaps 12 wrote:Yes, I was told that from today they will be sending offers.The TO confirmed that to the contact person in my DG.
So I am expecting it any moment.

Exciting times! Good luck everyone!
anlag

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 pm
I hope you guys are right!! Yesterday I asked the TO about the offer sending and they told me the final results would be out the last week of january, but it was clearly a copypaste email so let's hope for today or next week! Good luck and hang in there!!
vic

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:23 pm
I have been in touch with my contact person from my DG (today), and they told me that today, January 10th, the lists of selected EU candidates will be closed. So, I guess it might be that the EU candidates could be informed already today or very soon.
ccristina

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm
Did you guys receive anything? I think that we're more prone to get the results this monday/tuesday. When I contact the lady that interviewed me she told me that she could't tell me any further informations besides the fact that we will receive the offer from the TO towards the half of the month..
okaps 12

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:27 pm
No, nothing here either. Yes, it will probably happen next week unless they send them in the next hour...
This is really frustrating tho... Its like you know that you have been selected but still it does not feel complete until you get it officially in written.
ccristina

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:30 pm
I didn't receive any informal offer though.. so it's even more nerve-racking
elvel00

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:36 pm
Hi guys! As we didn't receive our offers yet, do you think that applying now for the next session (as the deadline is the 31st January) could somehow affect our pre-selected status?
ccristina

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:39 pm
elvel00 wrote:Hi guys! As we didn't receive our offers yet, do you think that applying now for the next session (as the deadline is the 31st January) could somehow affect our pre-selected status?
Personally I would at least wait for the results of this session, is a matter of days now..
nicola.umea

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:49 pm
elvel00 wrote:Hi guys! As we didn't receive our offers yet, do you think that applying now for the next session (as the deadline is the 31st January) could somehow affect our pre-selected status?

No idea - personally I will start my application if I do not hear back by Jan the 25th!
MLR

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Yes, if you start filling up the application you delete the past one!
elvel00

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:46 pm
MLR wrote:

Yes, if you start filling up the application you delete the past one!

Wow, didn't expect that! Thank you then, I'll wait the very last second to fill it D:
dana2019

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:26 pm
Previous March session received their official offers around the 22nd of January, so I think we have to wait a bit more.
The fact that they give us only 1 month for the preparations such as housing is absolutely ridiculous Razz
okaps 12

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:52 pm
dana2019 wrote:Previous March session received their official offers around the 22nd of January, so I think we have to wait a bit more.
The fact that they give us only 1 month for the preparations such as housing is absolutely ridiculous Razz

I really, really hope its gonna be next Monday or Tuesday so i can start a notice period with my current employer asap.

I agree, its ridiculos - for October session the final results are published 3 months in advance for instance.
even

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:16 pm
dana2019 wrote:Previous March session received their official offers around the 22nd of January, so I think we have to wait a bit more.

I was also told I should get the official offer sometime next week. I don't know if they'll send out the offers in batches or whatever but I do believe things should start happening soon, even though the offers have been sent later for previous March sessions. I'd like to think they're trying to improve our application experience.
Coat

Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:23 pm
even wrote:

I was also told I should get the official offer sometime next week. I don't know if they'll send out the offers in batches or whatever but I do believe things should start happening soon, even though the offers have been sent later for previous March sessions. I'd like to think they're trying to improve our application experience.

Let's hope! Or else, we'll be homeless in Brussels! Very Happy
MTL>Brussels

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:46 pm
Hey guys ! Among those who received an unofficial offer, did anyone receive a confirmation from a DG TRADE unit ? Apparently I've been "reserved" since mid-december (according to the head of unit from another DG) but I don't know by which department. 3 of the 4 units from DG TRADE which granted me an interview told me that they were not particularly inclined to tell trainees whether they have been selected or not, until the TO definitive offer. Assuming that each unit offers only one traineeship position, I'm trying to figure out which unit booked me.
okaps 12

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 am
Waiting impatiently for the results. I really hope we will get them today.
anlag

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 am
+1 Laughing
okaps 12 wrote:Waiting impatiently for the results. I really hope we will get them today.
okaps 12

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:56 pm
Nothing yet.. Mad Rolling Eyes
EPs141

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:13 pm
I'd say they'll wait until the deadline to upload documents is over...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum