Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chiaras1986

Help! EP-TRaineeship March 2019 Empty Help! EP-TRaineeship March 2019

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:04 pm
Hello everyone!

I have been shortlisted for an offer under the Schuman Traineeship Scheme and I have now been requested to upload all the documents. I'm unsure about the ''Residency Certificate'' as I'm an Italian national living in the UK. In the UK they don't provide with certificates as such because official documents such as bank statements are considered to be ''proof of residency'', therefore I had my hometown council to release a document stating my UK address and my AIRE registration (Abroad Registration Residency). The problem is that in the email it says that I should provide a document released by the country of residency. I have already contacted the EP help and they advised me to check with my consulate, which ultimately recommended me to provide a document from my hometown city council. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Thank you!

niuniu

Help! EP-TRaineeship March 2019 Empty Re: Help! EP-TRaineeship March 2019

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm
Hi there!

I am currently in the same situation as I am German but currently work in the UK. I will try to contact my hometown city council tomorrow and see if they can provide me with any document.

How about the criminal record? How are you going to get it? You're going to apply for it for the UK I guess?
Unicorn99

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:43 pm
Hello Smile

I have also a similar situation, as I am Romanian, but I study in Germany. I haven't had the chance to ask about the residency certificate, but I think that's not a big deal, the problem in my case is the criminal record. They told me they need at least 2 weeks to issue it, so it will probably be too late when I will get it. Crying or Very sad

Do you know the EP can extent the uploading period?

Cheers

Lea92

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:17 am
Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations! May I ask when you were notified that you had been shortlisted? Also, have you had contacts with heads of DGs, heads of units or HR for an interview so far, or does that come only after preselection?

Thanks! Smile
chiaras1986

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 am
niuniu wrote:Hi there!

I am currently in the same situation as I am German but currently work in the UK. I will try to contact my hometown city council tomorrow and see if they can provide me with any document.

How about the criminal record? How are you going to get it? You're going to apply for it for the UK I guess?

Hey!

After long searching, yesterday I realised the only chance was to send the Certificate of Residency released by my hometown city council that states where I officially reside, and because you can upload only one file for each section, I merged a bank statement (which is an official document here for the UK) and that certificate released by Italy. That's the best I can do because there is no Certificate released by the UK. The only thing one could get is a Registration Certificate which is a slightly different thing from the Certificate of Residency and above all, it can take up to 6 months to be produced and one has to send the passport over to them. If you go on gov.uk  it's uk-residence-eu-citizens/ apply (it doesn't allow me to post the link altogether)
Regarding the Criminal Record, I applied to the only one available the DBS check as private individual (BAsic or Standard). I received the certificate within 6 days, but you should hurry because it may take longer!

Good luck!
chiaras1986

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 am
[quote="Unicorn99"]Hello Smile

I have also a similar situation, as I am Romanian, but I study in Germany. I haven't had the chance to ask about the residency certificate, but I think that's not a big deal, the problem in my case is the criminal record. They told me they need at least 2 weeks to issue it, so it will probably be too late when I will get it.  Crying or Very sad  

Do you know the EP can extent the uploading period?

Cheers

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear this, but unfortunately not that I know of. The link they sent you will expire automatically and I think they can't do anything about it. I checked the internal rules and as candidates we're supposed to get the documents we need before the shortlisting time. However, if I were you, I would try anyway to get that document!

Good luck!
chiaras1986

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 am
Lea92 wrote:Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations! May I ask when you were notified that you had been shortlisted? Also, have you had contacts with heads of DGs, heads of units or HR for an interview so far, or does that come only after preselection?

Thanks! Smile

Hi!

thank you and good luck to you too! I received an email stating that I was shortlisted on the morning of the 1st. The second question, no the Schuman Traineeship scheme at the EP is different from the EC, there's no going to be an interview and you are not allowed to speak to any unit during the selection process, which I understand is very different from the other schemes where one is supposed to actually lobby the DGs heads of units etc. Source: the email I received where it says that ''At this stage of the procedure, contacting the Directorates General and the Units is not allowed.''

Good luck!
Lea92

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:48 pm
chiaras1986 wrote:I received an email stating that I was shortlisted on the morning of the 1st. The second question, no the Schuman Traineeship scheme at the EP is different from the EC, there's no going to be an interview and you are not allowed to speak to any unit during the selection process, which I understand is very different from the other schemes where one is supposed to actually lobby the DGs heads of units etc. Source: the email I received where it says that  ''At this stage of the procedure, contacting the Directorates General and the Units is not allowed.''

Good luck!
Very interesting about the process. It's funny how every institution has different procedures for all of this...
It seems everyone got emails on Jan 1st. Guess I wasn't preselected, then. Oh well!

Good luck to all in the preselection round! Smile
yifei

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am
Hello guys!
Does anybody have news from the EP?
chiaras1986

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 am
HI!

Nope, nothing at the moment!
It's very annoying the fact if selected , they're gonna give us very little time to resettle in a different country.
Unicorn99

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 am
Hallo,

nothing here as well.

Dolo

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am
Anyone has any intel on when they are planning to send out the offers? I've just received an offer from the Commisson, but I was preselected for the Parliament as well. Would be good to know if I'm selected for the Parliament too before accepting the offer from the Commission.
Unicorn99

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:45 pm
Hi there and congrats Dolo Smile

I have no idea when the selection phase will be over, but assuming that all documents have been sent on the 14th at the latest, they might need a couple of weeks to review all the suitable candidates. I'm guessing we might get some news as of next week (!?).
Cactusplant

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:54 am
Hello everyone, receieved my rejection from the Commission yesterday. Does anyone know what the likelihood of being selected for the parliament is if we have been shortlisted? For example, for the Commission there were 3x as many preselected as were actually selected. Currently feeling down on my luck and I really need to find an internship/traineeship soon!
Dolo

Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:35 pm
Received the offer from the Parliament today...
Applicant19

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 pm
Dolo wrote:Received the offer from the Parliament today...

Did you receive the offer from a particular department or from the Head of EP? Did anybody else get an offer?
Cactusplant

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 am
I find it strange that they won’t inform us if we are not selected since we applied to specific positions.
yifei

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:15 pm
On 24th january, I got my offer too (not directly from the Head of my Unit but from the DG HR).
Applicant19

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:58 pm
yifei wrote:On 24th january, I got my offer too (not  directly from the Head of my Unit but from the DG HR).

So probably everyone got offer from the EP already, it seems. I think I can consider my documents as wrong.
Dolo

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:27 pm
Cactusplant wrote:I find it strange that they won’t inform us if we are not selected since we applied to specific positions.

They are waiting. I believe now they sent the offers to first candidates in the priority lists, if they don't accept the offer in 3 days, the second in priority list will get the offer, etc.
Applicant19

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 pm
In the case I have not got the offer from the EP yet, should I consider my application as unsuccessful?
masha

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:08 am
Cactusplant wrote:I find it strange that they won’t inform us if we are not selected since we applied to specific positions.

oh, I have received 3 same emails (I believe because I appied to 3 diff.units) saying I was rejected (what a surprise...) already on 10th january...
lourouso

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 pm
Masha you were shortlisted? Because, I ve received two emails on 10th and the third application status is "on going"
Applicant19

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 pm
lourouso wrote:Masha you were shortlisted? Because, I ve received two emails on 10th and the third application status is "on going"

I also have "on going" status, although I did not get an offer yet. I wonder if that status changes when they will decide to reject my application.
lourouso

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm
You are shortlisted too?
Applicant19

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:42 pm
lourouso wrote:You are shortlisted too?

Yes, I was shortlisted, but I don't feel they gonna send me an offer as I haven't received anything from any branch of the EP yet. I have applied to one of the liaison offices, but no response. What about you?
lourouso

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 pm
Applicant19 wrote:

Yes, I was shortlisted, but I don't feel they gonna send me an offer as I haven't received anything from any branch of the EP yet. I have applied to one of the liaison offices, but no response. What about you?

I received 2 emails about the 2/3 of my options. The status in those 2 changed to "not selected" and only my third option is "on going "
Applicant19

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm
lourouso wrote:
Applicant19 wrote:

I received 2 emails about the 2/3 of my options. The status in those 2 changed to "not selected" and only my third option is "on going "

So one of your option turned to "not selected" and one is still "on going"? I sent 3 applications, 2 of them have status "not selected" since 10th January. I was shortlisted for the last one but I didn't get any offer. But, there is still "on going" status. I am not sure if I have any chance to be successful. It's a long time already.
lourouso

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 pm
Applicant19 wrote:
lourouso wrote:
Applicant19 wrote:

So one of your option turned to "not selected" and one is still "on going"? I sent 3 applications, 2 of them have status "not selected" since 10th January. I was shortlisted for the last one but I didn't get any offer. But, there is still "on going" status. I am not sure if I have any chance to be successful. It's a long time already.

Exactly, the same thing happened to me!!
Applicant19

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:32 am
lourouso wrote:
Applicant19 wrote:
lourouso wrote:
Applicant19 wrote:

Exactly, the same thing happened to me!!

I really would like to know if I should wait more or as it's the end of the month, I can consider my application as unsuccessful.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum