Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
zrow

Traineeship Statistics Empty Traineeship Statistics

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:28 am
The number of applicants for the March 2015 session is out and there is a huge drop comparing with the last sessions! Can anyone come up with reasons for that?

https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/cv/application_statistics.cfm?session=84
masraci

Traineeship Statistics Empty Re: Traineeship Statistics

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:48 pm
I think there's no reason.
It just happens Smile
HearSay

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 pm
If you browse the statistics for previous sessions, you'll notice that sometimes the number of applicants is significantly lower than usually (I think it happens especially for sessions starting in March). I agree with masraci that there's no particular reason for that but I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that many potential applicants start a postgraduate course or a year-long internship scheme in September and therefore, they can't or don't want to apply for the session starting in March because it would "break" their studies/internship (postgraduate course are expensive and intensive so no surprise people don't want to interrupt their studies). I guess people tend to be more available for the session that starts in October.

I have to add that for some reason there was much more publicity for the October '14 session (I saw eg. articles and Facebook posts encouraging to apply) but I haven't seen any promotion for the March '15 session anywhere. But this is just my perception...
HearSay

Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:54 pm
Oh well, they have updated the stats and it seems that the number of applications is pretty much the same as for October 2014, that is, more than 15 000 applications Sad So the chances of getting there are as slim as usual.
mestos

Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:50 pm
sorry but why is there a drop? for oct 2014 there were fewer applicants.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum