Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
angelapia

Any Late Selected? Empty Any Late Selected?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 am
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you has received a late selection msg and if yes in which DG!

Thanks!
evaaa

Any Late Selected? Empty Re: Any Late Selected?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 am
i got an offer today about one hour ago from DG regio! Smile
angelapia

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:22 am
Hi evaaa,
thanks for sharing!!!
Firstly CONGRATS!!!!!!!  Very Happy 

May I ask you your "history" with this DG?
Did they contacted you during pre-selection?
Did you contact them?
Did you receive the "non selected msg" from the TO or when the TO has sent out the final offers you did not receive anything at all??

Thanks and again Congrats!!!
Angelique123

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:27 am
Hello,congrats on your selection:),,im still waiting,no email for me yet. Hope today to get any news and get over with this thing ;p
evaaa

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:10 pm
thanks a lot guys Smile
i got the pre-selection message in december, then i wrote an email to the general traineeship email-address of DG regio mentioned in the email but never got an answer nor a phone call. since then i was (desperately Very Happy ) waiting to get an offer or rejection, but nothing. and then today i got the selection results and offer at the same time Smile
so maybe you'll still get a message too!
oh, and i have to send all documents until 3rd of february, in case that is useful information for someone!
Angelique123

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:19 pm
thanks for the info:) if you dont mind me asking,what docs do they ask to send? All those we already provided by mail after the preselection or additional ones? Thanks
evaaa

Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:09 pm
i don't mind of course Wink
actually, it's not a lot. only the acceptance form and the health insurance form which you get together with your offer and a copy of your passport and health insurance card. additionally, you need to upload a photo for your service card. that's everything i think Smile
Angelique123

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:12 pm
thank you:) still no answer for me though,i wonder how much longer do I have to wait :/
pinhead

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm
Angelique123 wrote:thank you:) still no answer for me though,i wonder how much longer do I have to wait :/

If your qualifications are exceptional, it is possible that an offer can be made even up to February 15. There are always a few late cancellations.

However, don't hold your breath if you aren't really sure if your level matches or exceeds that of an average selected trainee.
Angelique123

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:49 pm
Im not sure,ive just had one interview from a DG which matched my area of interest and it seemed like I was beteween the choices to submit to the TO. Probably not the first one though.maybe the fact that im not from an Eu country counts. At least an answer so I know if I need to apply for the next october session due on the 3rd of february
pinhead

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 pm
@Angelique123:

Well, why are you making things difficult? If you have no answer until the deadline for October applications, go on and apply. If you are selected for March in the following days, simply cancel the present application. I don't think you can do something else if you have no written offer, you just need patience.
smeela

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:57 pm
@Angelique123:

did you get any news recently?
angelapia

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:43 am
@ pinhead
May I ask you how do you know that "an offer can be made even up to February 15. "?
Have you find it in a report or is it an informal info?
If you have found it in a report could you please send us the link?
Thanks!!!

pinhead

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:55 am
angelapia wrote:@ pinhead
May I ask you how do you know that "an offer can be made even up to February 15. "?
Have you find it in a report or is it an informal info?
If you have found it in a report could you please send us the link?
Thanks!!!

I know at least 1 trainee who received a phone call around February 10. It was not an interview, they only confirmed his availability. The official offer came a few days later, to begin on March 16. Late cancellation was the reason for the selection I assume, although I do not rule out an urgent need on behalf of the DG. This was 2 years ago.

The only official info given is that some late selection will take place, without any specifications.
Angelique123

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 pm
smeela wrote:@Angelique123:

did you get any news recently?

Hello, no not yet,im still waiting. What about you?
Angelique123

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:55 pm
Hello
If any one is interested i got a call with an offer today. So if anyone hasnt got an answer yet,try calling or emailing them once again. Good luck to all
angelapia

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 pm
Congratulations Angelique 123!!!!

May ask you
1) which DG is it?
2) by when do you have to accept?
3) why do you advise to call or email them once again? Have you done it? If yes, who did you write to?

Thanks!!!
Angelique123

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:41 pm
Hello
Thank you:) It is DG Budget. I emailed them once again today and i got a call right after asking a confirmation as they thought i had already received an email with an offer, which i hadnt. I wrote to the TO by they contact address on their website.
evaaa

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:33 am
congratulations on the offer Smile must be a great relief after such a long wait!
Angelique123

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 am
Thank you:)
angelapia

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 am
@ Angelique123 if I well remember you have not received the "rejection" email at all. Did you?

@ All: is there anybody that has been selected after the "rejection" email? If yes, could you please share with us your experience? i.e. Have you contacted them again after rejection to reiterate your interest etc???

Thanks!!!
Angelique123

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 pm
@angelapia no i hadnt received a rejection email
capletton

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:11 pm
Just for the records, I got the rejection email in mid january and today got an offer email for DG DEVCO. It is for a unit I lobbied to at the time I got the pre-selected email, but didn't have an interview in the whole process. Now I have one week to send the docs. I assume I was second or third option and he/she/they rejected the offer. Whoever you are, thanks dude!
magdali

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 am
@ all
I got the rejection email in january also but on friday I received a call from DG ECHO. First selected person rejected and..he/she left this chance to me!!!Happy!!
angelapia

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 am
@ capletton and maddali Congratulations to both and thanks for sharing! p.s.: I wish I could receive such a beautiful surprise!!! Wink 
pinhead

Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:11 pm
I think this must be the last week of any late selections taking place. A small number of well-qualified candidates will be called as last-minute replacements, however, after February 15, chances are very slim.
jesmae

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:54 pm
Hi all - Also got a phone call on Friday offering me a position - after having received the rejection email in January as well !

Offer was from Culture and Education - a DG that I had no contact with whatsoever. I had lobbied several other DGs and received no reply.

However the call I got on Friday came up as 'Unknown number' and, thinking about it, I had missed a couple of calls in January from 'Unknown'.

Does anyone who had interviews know if the Commission always phones from unknown/private numbers ?? - which would mean I might have missed the offer from my dream DG because I didn't pick up the phone !?! Smile
magdali

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 pm
Yes all the call I received from Commission and also from Culture and Education DG were by Unknown !
angelapia

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:46 am
I wish they would consider my ERASMUS+ MSc+ PhD abroad + honors among the profiles of "well-qualified candidates"...
I have now being pre-selected twice... but I really don't get what it is needed for selection and apart for people on this forum I don't know past trainees or people working at the EC personally so it is hard to find answers in order to strengthen my profile...

magdali, jesmae and capletton could you please tell us more about your background (i.e studies, experiences abroad etc)?? Thank you in advance!!
pinhead

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 am
@angelapia: What is your academic background? Economics, law and relevant social sciences are among the most wanted degrees.
Plus, your nationality (Italian?) could be a factor, since some nationals simply stand fewer chances for reasons of competition from their co-nationals and the balance that is required (Look up the statistics published in the Traineeships Office website).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum