Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lagbaja

This May be a Long Shot, but is it too late to Lobby? Empty This May be a Long Shot, but is it too late to Lobby?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:48 pm
I know all DGs may have already choosen their candidates for Oct 2010, for those of us that have failed to make any contact or lobby, is it too late to give it a try?

Thanks for your input.
Theresia

This May be a Long Shot, but is it too late to Lobby? Empty Re: This May be a Long Shot, but is it too late to Lobby?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:26 pm
I know for sure that DG EAC closed their selection yesterday, and I think it might be a little late for most DG:s, except I heard that for example EACEA will recruit in july aswell. You can always send an email to the units you're interested in and ask if they have finished selections.
lagbaja

This May be a Long Shot, but is it too late to Lobby? Empty Re: This May be a Long Shot, but is it too late to Lobby?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:15 pm
Thanks for the advise Theresia, I have nothing to lose if I send out e-mails and if eventually I don't get selected, I am better informed (thanks to this forum) to follow through with another application for March 2011.

But is it still possible to get selected even if you were not contacted through out the selection process?
Theresia

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 am
Yes it is in fact quite common. A lot of DG:s don't call or email people but just pick the ones they want and then you find out in July. There is also a chance that a lot of people who get accepted cant go because something else might have come up so they have what they call late selection. You can be contacted up until october.
lagbaja

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am
I feel alot more hopeful, my fingers and toes are crossed Smile
rroxx_snd

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 pm
Hey, don.t worry, there is a statistics I saw that only 40% of applicants lobby so you have even chances aprox.! I didn.t lobby if it makes u feel better Very Happy!
Good luck to all!
alfonsom

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:52 pm
are you accepted? which DG, when you received the email? i had 0 calls, did you get some calls?
Theresia

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:41 pm
No one is accepted yet. Not until the final answer comes in July. I did recieve on brief call just asking if I am still availiable. The person calling read from my file in the bluebook. Some people get 3 calls and still don't get in and some get none and are accepted just like that in July.

No rules to this, hope we make it.
lagbaja

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:11 pm
Yes, good luck to us all. The reply I got back from the unit I was interested in confirmed that selections were finalised on Tuesday the 22nd of June.

@rroxx_snd thanks for the encouragement at least I know I am not alone Smile

Now we wait.............................
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum