Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lucia_roman

Preparation of lobbying Empty Preparation of lobbying

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:16 pm
Hello everybody,

As a former applicant and a current trainee in the EC (zhich I got with moral support from this forum), I want to give smth back to this virtual community.

Hope this link works:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/18/81/17/03/lobbyi12.jpg

It is a poll I have made right after getting selected.
NicBed

Preparation of lobbying Empty Re: Preparation of lobbying

Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 pm
My questions are:
1 - should we consider the eligibility phase just a formality that will led almost automatically to the status of blue book candidate?

2 - if so (or regardless) should we start the lobbying already?

"I have the pleasure to inform you that your application has been pre-identified to be included in the Blue Book for the October 2014 session.
[...]
At the beginning of May you will receive the official confirmation of whether or not you have successfully passed the eligibility check and, therefore, been preselected for the Blue Book."
grazia

Preparation of lobbying Empty Lobby

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:27 pm
I would also like to know if it is already time for lobbying since we have no access to the Blue Book.
NicBed

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:34 pm
Ok, at least for what concerns the EEAS now it is not time for lobby.
Here an answer from the MD IV North Africa, Middle East, Arabian Peninsula, Iran and Iraq Unit:

"Please note that we will not receive the "Blue Book" – currently under preparation – before May 5th. Mr. Mingarelli's collaborators will only then be able to study it in order to make a selection.
As soon as choices have been made and decisions have been taken (we will have a 9 May deadline) the trainees' office will not fail to inform you of the outcome (during the month of July)."

do you think this is valid only for this unit, for the whole EEAS or for the EC as well?
grazia

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:18 pm
I think is valid for all of them since they are probably checking all the submitted docs before opening the blue book.
Do you plan to re-lobby after 5th May?
vomit75

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm
Hi! Do you have some information about the DG HR and security? Do you know if they are they looking for some trainees for the next october session, or in which units you might have more chances to be selected?
Thank you very much in advance:)
grazia

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:53 pm
vomit75 wrote:Hi! Do you have some information about the DG HR and security? Do you know if they are they looking for some trainees for the next october session, or in which units you might have more chances to be selected?
Thank you very much in advance:)

Some of the units actually replied me saying they will not have a trainee in the next session. So it's good to send an email asking this information to the head of unit of HR
angelapia

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:57 pm
@ grazia

could you please share with us the units you know will not take trainees??

thanks and happy easter to all of you!!! .-)
vomit75

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 am
Thank you very much, I' ll try during this week!! but do you think HR is a competitive department? and do you know if there are other similar departments? because I think before there was one dubbed "administration" or smtng like that, but I haven't seen it anymore.....
Many thanks!!!
vomit75

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:20 am
I mean.. x instance do you think "enterprises and industry" or "Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (EMPL)" have something in common with hr or they are much more related to political science? Tnx again Very Happy
grazia

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:43 pm
angelapia wrote:@ grazia

could you please share with us the units you know will not take trainees??

thanks and happy easter to all of you!!! .-)

So far, DG EMPL, Unit A.4. DG SANCO, Unit A.1
said they won't have a trainee.

DG EMPL, Unit D.3 and DEVCO C.2
said they don't know so far whether they will be entitled to a trainee or not
From their answer it looks like some of the units will know about their entitlement to have a trainee only once the pre-selection phase is over, basically in 2 weeks.
Have you received any other reply?
grazia

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:47 pm
vomit75 wrote:Thank you very much, I' ll try during this week!! but do you think HR is a competitive department? and do you know if there are other similar departments? because I think before there was one dubbed "administration" or smtng like that, but I haven't seen it anymore.....
Many thanks!!!

I have the impression (but it's not my field) that HR is not that competitive since the most competitive ones are normally DEVCO, EEAS, SANCO and they probably have more spots since each unit has its own HR office
angelapia

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 pm
grazia, thanks for sharing!!!
brahmaputra

Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:54 pm
Hello

This question may/may not have been answered before; Yet, I am asking because it's faster this way. I know that it's more efficient if I would ask before the DgG whether they have interns this session. My question is to whom exactly from the DG should I send the email ? Is it the Director-General or directly to where I would like to have my traineeship ? Would it make sense to send it to the Advisers too?

Thanks
grazia

Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:34 pm
brahmaputra wrote:Hello

This question may/may not have been answered before; Yet, I am asking because it's faster this way. I know that it's more efficient if I would ask before the DgG whether they have interns this session. My question is to whom exactly from the DG should I send the email ? Is it the Director-General or directly to where I would like to have my traineeship ? Would it make sense to send it to the Advisers too?

Thanks

Normally, you should send it to the Head of Unit. i don't have more info on this point.
brahmaputra

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:02 pm
Thanks grazia.
Lawyer10

Sat May 03, 2014 2:51 am
Hello Guys! Should we only send emails to the email addresses specified in the email confirming our pre-selection?
lucia_roman

Sat May 03, 2014 11:05 am
How can you tell who are the advisers?

Write directly to the HoU... Writing to a Director-General is a waste of time, their inbox is sooo full that your email will go directly to spam :p

brahmaputra wrote:Hello

Thanks
brahmaputra

Sat May 03, 2014 11:18 am
hey lucia

you could tell by consulting the organization chart of every DG. But now I don't have to worry because I was not preselected. 6 points below threshold is quite far from more qualified people, isn't it? do you know which was the threshold for Romania this year?
lucia_roman

Sat May 03, 2014 11:59 am
Could you give me more details? Last August, they did not have that. I mean, this threshold... We were just preselected, had to send our documents and that was it, everybody was on an equal footing afterwards...
brahmaputra

Sat May 03, 2014 12:25 pm
sure.

https://www.google.ro/#q=dg+employment+organigramme&safe=active - you can check for every DG the organization chart and you see the names of the advisers/head of units etc or type in google DG X organization chart.

Well, I applied according to the deadline, I didn't receive anything until 1 April, sent them an email and got a reply that "According to your profile, you will get a message at the beginning of May". So, I wasn't required to send any documents and on 1 May I got the following message:

Dear candidate,

The Commission services have finalised the pre-selection of trainees, for the October 2014 session. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected.

Your score was 6 point(s) below the threshold.

A ranking is established and the candidates with the highest marks (max. 40 points) are included in the Blue Book. Please do not contact the Traineeship Office or the services regarding selection.

Yours faithfully,

The Traineeships Unit

Maybe they changed, but if you have any comments about this based on your experience, please reply.
lucia_roman

Sat May 03, 2014 1:17 pm
Thank you for the info.

Communicating the points to the unsuccessful candidates is quite new for the ToU.

Though it might seem rather harsh, you need to put it into the context of the over 15K candidates, with at least half of them having very good profiles, not that young maybe (I can tell you that in my stage period there is a lady who is a scientist from the European Space Agency working on the Galileo projects and now is a Stagiaire  Shocked ). It is therefore a matter of luck, taking into account who you might be competing against... Your file can be better rated next time, depending on that. There is also the matter of nationality, though they say it is not a criteria, when looking at the statistics, it is too obvious they have some proportionality criteria.
brahmaputra

Sat May 03, 2014 1:24 pm
Yes, I see.
Thanks

Well best of luck to the other candidates.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum