Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any info concening final offers?

+18
kiar
ARC86
nuttsnutts
Francy_87
fundaton
evaaa
pinhead
stevedale84
smeela
travisfull
esekhina
optimus
ligalala
Yana
angelapia
pamg
annalo
jacksad
22 posters
Go down
stevedale84

Any info concening final offers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any info concening final offers?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:25 pm
At least it will be over, either good or bad but done.
I have been told that I'm too pessimistic, which probably is true  Smile but I have been deluding myself too many times (not just here) and thus I won't be too nervous on Wednesday.
I just wanna say that I am a bit disappointed by the lack of transparency, as many others here it seems, and the behaviour of those working here: as I have written in another thread, it's not nice to hear that they're going to get back to you after a call and not doing it eventually, even in a negative case.
Ok, this will be my last post on the topic. If miracles happen, I'll be glad. Otherwise I will feel just a little sad for having been so close and falling short again.

Good luck to everyone! I just wonder how many out of ca. 650 already got an unofficial confirmation (there are some on this forum), it would be interesting to have a rough idea.
Yana

Any info concening final offers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any info concening final offers?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:28 pm
Hey, I just received a "regret to inform you letter" from a Unit I lobbied. I've pretty much figured it out since I was booked by another Unit, but decided to share the info with you:

Dear candidate,

Thank you for your application in the Unit 'Europe for Citizens'.

I regret to inform you that the position has been filled by another candidate.

Nevertheless, I wish you all the best in your applications.
pinhead

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:56 pm
Why are members of this forum pretending to work at the Commission right now, to have access to the Blue Book and send Private Messages offering to check if people were chosen to be trainees? I' ve just received such a message. Stop this now!
Yana

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 pm
pinhead wrote:Why are members of this forum pretending to work at the Commission right now, to have access to the Blue Book and send Private Messages offering to check if people were chosen to be trainees? I' ve just received such a message. Stop this now!

That's a whole new unexpected spin of the story Very Happy
pinhead

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:38 pm
Yana wrote:
pinhead wrote:Why are members of this forum pretending to work at the Commission right now, to have access to the Blue Book and send Private Messages offering to check if people were chosen to be trainees? I' ve just received such a message. Stop this now!

That's a whole new unexpected spin of the story Very Happy

This is not something to laugh about. Either some guy/girl does have access to thousands of personal data in the Blue Book and is willing to spread this info to whoever requests it on the internet. I would not feel so comfortable at this thought, of letting TRAINEES search the databases.
Or maybe this is a sick scammer who simply wants to have some laughs.
What's next? Getting bribes to check if someone's name is on the list of contracts?
Yana

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 pm
I got the official confirmation from TO just now! Check your email Smile
evaaa

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:38 pm
aaah, i'm jealous Very Happy congratulations!
travisfull

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:40 pm
I'm officially out.

Congrats to everyone who will spend the next months working for the EC! have a nice experience!
fundaton

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:42 pm
officially out, too. sucks! but congrats to the others
Francy_87

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm
Officially out, too! Ouf.. Congratulations to the selected! Good luck!
nuttsnutts

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 pm
I also just got the confirmation letter. But I have not been selected by the DG I wanted.
I was supposed to decide between 2 DGs, but I didn't decide yet. I wanted to send my decision tomorrow as I thought the confirmations will be send out on the 15th. Is it too late now to change or is there still a chance for changing the DG after we received the confirmation from the TO?
Any experience?
ARC86

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Officially out too, as expected.
Congratulations to those selected! Enjoy your traineeship at the EC!
pinhead

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:00 pm
Congratulations to all those selected!

nuttsnutts wrote: Is it too late now to change or is there still a chance for changing the DG after we received the confirmation from the TO?
Any experience?

It is too late now. If you absolutely don't want the specific DG, simply cancel the traineeship by stating personal reasons and try again next semester, you do have good chances after all, since you were selected once.
kiar

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm
nuttsnutts wrote:I also just got the confirmation letter. But I have not been selected by the DG I wanted.
I was supposed to decide between 2 DGs, but I didn't decide yet. I wanted to send my decision  tomorrow as I thought the confirmations will be send out on the 15th. Is it too late now to change or is there still a chance for changing the DG after we received the confirmation from the TO?
Any experience?

If I may ask, why did it take you so long to make up your mind?

I assume you had to make this choice in Dec. 2013 when the units contacted you, am I wrong?

The Units had sent their candidates in mid-December already, thus the TO, I imagine, has dealt with the formalities of the selection process.
MoreEU4all

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 pm
Officially out
smeela

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:09 pm
I have a question to the ones who got the official confirmation/rejection today: which desk did you get the e-mail from?
Yana

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:22 pm
smeela wrote:I have a question to the ones who got the official confirmation/rejection today: which desk did you get the e-mail from?

desk5
Francy_87

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:23 pm
Yana wrote:
smeela wrote:I have a question to the ones who got the official confirmation/rejection today: which desk did you get the e-mail from?

desk5

And desk4 for me..
delta86

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:29 pm
I'm in (DG Move, just saw the email)! Smile The desk I got the email from was 6.

I'm very sorry for those who have got an email that they are not in!

All the others, there's still hope (last years emails where sent the 10th, 15th and 16th, so not all at the same day).

Congratulations to those who also already got the confirmation!
annalo

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:38 pm
Out. Sad story...
capletton

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm
I'm officially keeping my current job, no EC for the moment Sad

Congrats to all the selected ones!
andradaiulia

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Earlier today I was preparing myself for a negative answer, since I had no interviews in December and only a few nice replies to my emails, but then I received the "big news": Selected for Directorate-General for Communication (COMM) COMM.C.4 - Visitors Centre. Not really the DG/Unit I wanted, but to be honest I am too afraid to say no and then try again for a next session.  Shocked 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum