Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any info concening final offers?

+18
kiar
ARC86
nuttsnutts
Francy_87
fundaton
evaaa
pinhead
stevedale84
smeela
travisfull
esekhina
optimus
ligalala
Yana
angelapia
pamg
annalo
jacksad
22 posters
Go down
jacksad

Any info concening final offers? Empty Any info concening final offers?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:18 am
Has anyone contacted office maybe, or contatcted DG which has choosen him - and has any info when it will all be known??
annalo

Any info concening final offers? Empty Re: Any info concening final offers?

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:34 pm
At DG Research I was told that we shoud probably wait until mid-January... If they know sth earlier they will contact us, however, final decision is still up to the Traineeships Office.
pamg

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:06 pm
Just received an email from a unit in SANCO saying that they decided to allocate their bluebook trainee position to another Unit (didn't said which one though).

angelapia

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:58 pm
Hi pamg i thought that a friend of yours was offered a position at SANCO, wasn't she?
pamg

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:57 am
Hi, and she was, but in another unit. The email I've got was from unit A2.
jacksad

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am
Is it only me that is worried and anxious? Has any1 contacted TO or DGs? I wrote 3 emails 2 to DG i was shortlisted and 1 to TO and no responce at all. I got 2 auto replays out of office be back on 13 January... I am really tired of that waiting and am very nervous about the selection process, can't focus on my work - is it only me?
jacksad

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am
assuming people in force are on holiday till middle January does it mean selection is over or it will start after 15 th J., really no idea
Yana

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 am
I received an email on 20th of December from DG Interpretation that I am selected together with 6 other people for a traineeship there. I confirmed and they thanked me for the good news before Christmas Very Happy However, I think it's up to the DG to decide whether to inform their chosen candidates or not. In the end you may receive the good news from the TO.
jacksad

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:00 am
has any 1 ealse got such reply as above posted ? Idk what to do I have important decisions to make till tomorrow.
jacksad

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:17 am
I got mixed feelings I mean I got email from my DG: but the second paragraph makes me nervous - as far as this goes it doesn't sound as an offer to me:

"I would like to inform you that our unit would be interested to have you as a trainee. Could you please confirm your availability for the period 1 March 2014 – 31 July 2014?
Please note that this is an informal communication and cannot be considered as commitment from our side as the final decision concerning selection of trainees is taken by the Traineeship Office
We will make an informal proposal at the level of DG. The Traineeship Office (at the level of the whole Commission) will then make a final selection decision.."

Congrats on Your offer though!
Yana

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:22 am
jacksad, I think they are instructed to write this, but I am pretty sure that the TO won't meddle with their choices but rather confirm the selection. They are just the official body dealing with offers and contracts regarding trainees. My email also said sth like this but in a positive way :

"Please could you be so kind as to confirm to me as soon as possible – and before 10 January 2014 - your availability? Actually, if one of you is not available or not interested, we have to urgently find someone else...
Then, the Traineeships Office, the sole responsible for the contracts for the Commission, would send you an email confirming the selection and would send the offers as from 15 January."
Yana

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:27 am
Thank you, and congrats to you, too! It sounds to me like they are offering you the spot Wink
jacksad

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:43 am
let's hope for the best- that we are DG's first choices, I just heard each unit submits 3 people just in case "aka.shortlist"
Smile
Yana

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 am
I've never heard of that, sounds awful haha the guy that interviewed me told me he'll send me the comm plan in the beginning of January (I am in the comm unit)to read it in advance. This doesn't sound like he thinks the TO can overturn his choice....
jacksad

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:12 pm
sounds great gl! You should start looking for a flat than Smile
Yana

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 pm
I started already, it's a jungle out there :DD
ligalala

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 pm
HI, guys! I am happy for you and getting even more frustrated myself Wink I want to ask you if something changed on your EC traineeship webpage profile, did new posts appeared there or smth? One more time - congrats!
annalo

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 pm
Has anybody tried to ask your preferred DG if you are their first/second/third (...) choice? Of course I mean those who have been shortlisted somewhere. I'm just wondering if it is appropriate and well seen to ask for that, and, of course, if they can give us such an answer right now.
optimus

Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:24 pm
I don't know if that is such a good idea, I mean, ok, if you don't get an answer by the 15th then maybe yes, but before that, I don't think the units will appreciate that too much..
jacksad

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:19 am
I wonder when can we expect final offers- says middle january, so 15th? Let's hope asap as I cannot focus on anything ealse.
esekhina

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 am
Do you have any news, guys? as i read on this forum, trainees in 2013 have got their offer on 10th January. Did someone get a final offer on Friday? Or do you think it should come this week? I don't have a big hope, since i didn't get any calls from DGs, but still good to know the final decision ;-)
jacksad

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 am
I didn't hear anything I know people in force have been on holidays (most of them), anyway It would be nice to share if any1 got info
travisfull

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 am
esekhina wrote:Do you have any news, guys? as i read on this forum, trainees in 2013 have got their offer on 10th January. Did someone get a final offer on Friday? Or do you think it should come this week? I don't have a big hope, since i didn't get any calls from DGs, but still good to know the final decision ;-)

We share the same situation: I didn't receive any calls.
I think we should wait until the 15th: this is the day when they will send the final offers.

Congrats to those who have been short-listed.
jacksad

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:30 am
has any1 tried to get info directly from DGs?
jacksad

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:13 am
I wrote to a person who told me I was shortlisted - I was replied, that offers will be send through this and next week, might take some time than
smeela

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:38 am
jacksad wrote:I wrote to a person who told me I was shortlisted - I was replied, that offers will be send through this and next week, might take some time than

Jacksad, which DG did you write to?
jacksad

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 am
comp
jacksad

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:02 pm
I just got an official responce from Traineeship Office for my question dated 6 January ( info was in my official language!- strange), that final decision will be given on evening on 15th January, so gl all. I thought lot of U might wanna know
Yana

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:05 pm
jacksad wrote:I just got an official responce from Traineeship Office for my question dated 6 January ( info was in my official language!- strange), that final decision will be given on evening on 15th January, so gl all. I thought lot of U might wanna know

Great! Fingers crossed for the official official confirmation Wink
smeela

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:25 pm
Thanks for the info, Jacksaid!
2 more looooong days left to survive...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum